One day 1080p will become obsolete and you'll have to redownload all of your anime in 4k

>one day 1080p will become obsolete and you'll have to redownload all of your anime in 4k

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F9paXF30zPk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>barely 3TB of anime

Seems you have quite a few drives, what's the redundancy plan?

I have stacks of CD's with FMA, Hikaru No Go, Detective Conan, and some other anime in like 480p.

I did re-download them now on hard drives. Pretty sure its over 10 TB

1080p is already obsolete.

>tfw poorfag with only 500 GB harddrive on laptop
>tfw have to resort to downloading 360p 30MB/episode anime
>tfw harddrive is almost full

End my life

why not keep that shit in a cloud like MEGA? then you can actually enjoy what you watch

Not OP, but I also have several WD passports in various sizes. Each drive has partner that I mirror exactly whenever I move files off my core storage drive on the desktop.

Strongly considering getting a third mirror for each that I'd keep off-site (parents' house).

Most shows are still rendered in sub 1080p, so have fun downloading upscales

>why not keep that shit in a cloud like MEGA? then you can actually enjoy what you watch
my internet connection is like 1Mbps

Why would you redownload an upscale? I don't even think the early cel shit would look good at that resolution.

You guys know you can just stream on Crunchyroll and you won't have to spend money on all that storage? It's only 6.95 per month

Just delete them or burn DVDs. I used to be in your situation, and I must have deleted over 2TB of anime.

Take this (You). It might be useful.

>watching anything bigger than 720p

For future things yes but there is a large amount of anime that will always be at 1080 or below. 4k should be for movies. It would look weird in anime.

>4K
>becoming the standard

That's gonna take at least 10 more years

>10 more years
Japan is still using DVD. I would say around 30.

Funimation, too, except it has older series as well.

>rewdownload
Hahaha. I already have 4k TVs and a 4k monitor but you think they'll rerelease a lot of anime in 4k? That's funny.
It's all digitally mastered now so only older series will need to be redownloaded. And only older series that are popular enough will be remastered in 4k.

Upscaled 720p looks just as good. It's fucking anime.

I don't really go back and rewatch shows though. I download the episode, watch it, and then delete it after I finish. Don't need it clogging up my HD when I never go back to rewatch

Abe wants mainstream Jap TV to be broadcasted in 8K by 2020.

So during the next 3 years, 4K/8K will start being pushed more strongly than before.

>Daiz will be up-scaling 720p to 4k in 2020 and claim his 'chosen codec' makes it look better
Same year anime will die

Do normal people ever get tired of replacing their entire collection every time a new resolution becomes mainstream?

Seems like higher resolutions will hit a wall at some point where people just not bother. Even if they stream 4k, data caps are popular in the US so it's not like they'd be able to make full use of it unless they want to pay Comcast like $500/mo in overage fees.

Yeah, just like I redownloaded all that old stuff that was on 480p DVDs

Oh wait, that never happened, you're a moron

I delete what I've finished watching, it's ok I guess

He'll have to try fitting that into a 1gb file first.

Why do you guys even keep anime you already watched?

In case I want to watch it again
Also, hoarder tendencies

4k doesnt even look that much better than 1080p, resolutions have diminishing returns

But if I delete shows like Milky Holmes it'll take ages to download again because no one seeds for the show. I'd rather buy a new hard drive every so often.

Because I can. Also keeping shit so I can watch it again and stuff that I like is fine. Some things might get lost forever. Bakabt went to shit, nyaa is kill and really only AB has the largest anime selection anymore with seeds. Also it is cheap.

Why not?

>4k anime is just upscaled 1080p which was upscaled from native 720p.

>re-download anime you'll probably never watch again

You people never fucking learn your lesson.
Its only been a month and a half since the Nyaapocalypse.

lol why would you even download 1080p when 720p looks the same

Because I like collecting despite not being a full-on buyfag.

Recommend me a good TV for watching anime, Sup Forums

>one day 1080p will become obsolete and you'll have to redownload all of your anime in 40k

any recommendations on a good HDD? I dropped my Seagate one and it stopped working

>one day download speeds will be so fast I'll just stream everything

To preserve stuff that nobody seeds.

seagate is fine, you're just a fucking butterfingers

I recently deleted around 3TB of anime that I've already watched and will never watch again.

I kinda regret it.

just think of the degradation over time of the disc's rotational velocidensity!

machine learning will be able to redraw all your 1080p anime in whatever resolution as you watch it

All according to Daiz's plan.

Download and save Anime is a literally waste of time and space, only if you want to be a pretentious fag

it will also tell you you have shit taste while doing it anyways

>not preparing for when the global economy and governments collapse
I will be trading anime and doujins for chocolate bars while you starve, faggot.

He already did that, 6 years ago.

Reminder that if you still download 720p releases you're a retard because almost everything is higher than that now

>only if you want to be a pretentious fag
>tripfag

Having a tripcode is literally a waste of time and space, you only have one if you're an attention-whoring fag.

Fuck off ESL retard

Because I seed indefinitely.

wasn't my fault, one of my students accidentally pushed me when he tripped

>moving everything from 2tb drive to 4tb drive
>4tb drive somehow falls asleep during move operation while 2tb drive is apparently still writing to what's probably The Void
>finish with ~60% of the files corrupted or missing

So you're a teacher. And you brought a hard drive with a bunch of anime on it to school.
BAAKA, that's what rsync is for. And 4tb? How lame. I have 8tb.

CG anime will be easily rendered in 4k. Soon.

>CG
Disgusting.

>berserk anime 4k
NO

It's weird, I feel like 1080 is as good as anime can get. But I guess people 10 years ago watching 480 anime on VHS thought that was as good as it can get.

Ultimately I don't see myself ever wanting a bigger screen, so I doubt I'll ever really appreciate 4k or anything that comes later.

>easily

i'll eventually get a bigger screen than 1080p whenever my current monitor dies. i'm not some faggot who can afford to buy a bunch of 4k screens for a battlestation using internet donation monies

>nyaapocalypse
>actual apocalypse

When you download old shows, where do you think those come from?

Anime has to be made in 4k for it to be worth viewing in 4k. No anime is 4k yet you retard.

1 GB connection nigger, come and get me.

I like you.

Nyyan was actually a mistake from the beginning, too many wrong choices towards the trackers and the immeasurable copyright battle

Take speed test, print it out. Take a picture of it held on your head by a shoe.

>Downloading
>Not watching it in superior Blu-Ray

>Japan
>1080p
They dont even have that yet.

>deleting your waifu

what are you faggots gonna do when you're old and develop terrible eyesight? I'm already used to watching shitty quality anime but I'm worried some of you may commit suicide

Yeah, in 40 years.

I don't give a shit about resolution, the resolution it was aired in is best but anything is fine. I'm not going to delete 10 years worth of anime just for some pixels I can't see on my 1600x900 monitor.

>Downloading upscales
>Anime in 4k
EL O EL
You're one of those retards who's going to cry once torrenting has been outlawed.

>Real time ML video upscaling.
Good luck with that.

Only some 35mm cel anime, which is already rare enough on blu-ray. Think of the SD anime that looks better on DVD than on their upscaled Blu-Ray releases, it will probably happen much more often now.

If 4k/8k becomes standard then they will be forced to jew people less.

I'm guessing the vast majority of filmed TV anime was 16mm, which means it's only a little better than 1080P.

Still, some of the remastered versions do look nice at 4K:

youtube.com/watch?v=F9paXF30zPk

Jokes on you, anime never gets remastered.

Just download the old or rare anime.
The torrents of new anime probably won't die >5 years from now so you still have time archiving them while buying a new setup or external drive.

Only at ideal conditions, considering deterioration, transfers, sub-optimal equipment and film quality most 16mm transfers won't even reach 1080 lines worth of real detail. Higher bitrate with UHD might give better results though.

>portable HDDs
Enjoy your bricks

At the very least waifu2x or something better will eventually be usable in realtime.

You seen the update to G Gundam, fucker?

But... why? at least half the stuff has to be easily re-accessible online.

>you'll have to redownload all of your anime in 4k
Are you retarded? SD, 720p and 1080p shows aren't just going to somehow become 4k.

muh

I'll go to the eye doctor and get contacts or glasses. Actually I'm nearsighted now and when people get old they tend to get more farsighted. So I'll probably be less blind when I get old.
I think most of us use both and have backups.

dick

Why would you redownload upscales? Hell most 1080p I've downloaded are upscales, I only download them because they're freeleech.

It's your god damn fault becoming a teacher.

Why would you carry around a HDD?
Are you retarded?

Anime is easy to get nowadays, but any doujin and VN material is worth archiving. Don't forget stuff that is difficult to redownload later. I had a very good rip of the original Yamato, and even this is hard to get if/when AB goes down. If you like old shows, archiving is a good idea.