>now private only!
Animebytes
>Now recruiting on a book website!
What went wrong?

AB hosts CP, use at your own risk.

they don't even allow loli hentai

There's no CP on AB.

From BakaBT's original announcement several months ago:
>As many of you are now aware, starting yesterday you were faced with a login screen when you tried accessing BakaBT.
>This time it is not a prank, we are forced to change our model to a private tracker, and to remove our public component.

>The reason for the change is a targeted assault by a copyright agency. Despite our cooperation and ban of the reported titles, they kept spamming our hosting provider with C&D letters because their botched algorithm of detection will report any title that may or may not even be their property, only having a similar name. Their responses were even more amusing claiming rights to images on descriptions, despite the content being made unavailable. Fair use, who ever heard of that.

>However, their actions have caused a side effect where our provider, spineless as they always are, gave us an ultimatum to remove our domain from their IP.
>It is still uncertain whether or not we will be forced to relocate servers altogether, so if we become inaccessible later today, it means we are most likely relocating.

I don't blame them. They tried to play nice with copyright firm chimps.

BakaBT has no business talking about spines considering their Funimation policy.

I understand why they do it but often times modern fansubbers do better work than professional English localization studios. Also, while dubbing isn't inherently bad one can't deny that the original Japanese studios put a lot more work into casting voice actors for a series than the English localization studios do.

lurk

>8 days of freeleech
>nobody downloaded anything I was seeding

Sorry you watch shit anime

>Now recruiting on a book website!
Huh?

At least you get yen.

Seconding. I need to get in and save myself from this misery

If you don't know what that is then you shouldn't be on AB.

Is it the secret club?

I've been on AB since 2010 and I have no fucking clue what you guys are talking about.

>be Australian
>download as much as I want by ghostleeching
>never seed and use ratiomaster to boost my ratio

You will NEVER catch me suckers.

Animetorrents is private as well. Is that site any good?

>>be Australian
My condolensces for living in a country with terrible internet.

It might be another private tracker. As far as I know AB isn't inviting from public websites currently.

No shit, this isn't the first time they've held recruitment from other private trackers.

Is it Bibliotik? I've never actually bothered trying to get in there before, even if I'm a big fan of lit.

Anyway to get back your account if it got pruned for inactivity, I haven't touched my bakabt account since 2014

>often
Nigger what? I've never seen an official sub being better than a fanmade one.

Sounds like you're just the kind of person who whines about absent honorifics

Please learn reading comprehension.

facebook newfag

>only noticed freeleech probably minutes before it ended
>downloaded some stuff thinking it would last some more days
>almost in red now

>Anyway to get back your account if it got pruned for inactivity
Nope.

I lost my 10 year old account I had since the Boxtorrents days because ACTIVELY SEEDING doesn't prevent getting pruned for inactivity, only visiting the site.

It's perma-deleted and the staff give zero shits about helping you get it back. Yes I'm still bitter.

Honorifics or not you can't defend it.

Read that post again, user.

AB has become a real member of the cabal, they aren't the old AB for Sup Forums anons anymore.

>friend pesters my for animebytes invite
>finally get him one
>days go by and he hasnt even downloaded a single thing
fuck you fucking cuckbitch

>>Now recruiting on a book website!
What?
I also feel pretty bad for anyone trying to get into anime downloading/torrenting nowadays. Got into AB near the end of 2011 pretty easily. Has every anime/encode I've ever needed, and I can just use madokami for pretty much all manga.

your like a superhero whoa

same desu, got in over 4 years ago. I literally just made a single post on Sup Forums saying
"hey if anyone's got an AB invite I'd love to have it" and got in. Now that BakaBT and Nyaa are more or less gone from the public, I'm set. People beg for invites left and right and I'm only trying to become a power user for one friend.
Feels good on top.

Honestly, Animebytes is better than Bakabt, because they don't have a blacklist of all the most popular titles.

That and they have plenty more encode options for any given show.

>tfw had to sell out friends to stay on ab after getting an invite in a public giveaway
>tfw got banned anyway
>tfw this entire endeavour was useless because nyaa has everything i need

I'm on AB just for untranslated visual novels

can you read moon?

>Nigger what? I've never seen an official sub being better than a fanmade one.
[HADENA] SUBS

yes
I did it for the lolis

where should I start if I want to learn moon?

So you're just gonna spread lies? Unless you're talking about the lolicon thing which they do allow. I saw lolicon h-games before.

djt

They're still pretty lacking in that, for new stuff anyways. It is nice that VNs are organized by release date and archived/unarchived though, just a lot of stuff I've had to fine elsewhere.

Guess your ratio is too low.

/djt/ on Sup Forums
you should be able to read most VNs by the end of a year of study

What kind of thread is this?

>tfw everyone I invited so far got disabled for inactivity

Why even ask in the first place, this is why I no longer hand them out.

Invite please.

>sekrit club

I'm still surprised mine still works when i only used maybe three times and would stop seeding immediately after getting my shit.

A bad one.

How is new Nyaa? I haven't used either yet.

both seem dead

It only cares about people visiting the site while logged in. So if you've been doing just that it'll avoid pruning the account.

Sadly AB does the exact same thing but DOESN'T FUCKING PERMA-DELETE ACCOUNTS so after getting it frozen a couple times, I got it reinstated for the Nth time thanks to the actually helpful staff and now have a script that auto refreshes once a day to ensure it'll never get pruned for inactivity again because an AB account is very much worth keeping.

Could you perhaps invite an user that downloads anime pretty often and keeps seeding them but it's tired of using public trackers?

There's a config option on BakaBT that'll avoid pruning your account for a few extra days if it's checked. Maybe that's what's keeping your account alive. That or they suck at coding.

Cartel Nyaa is fine. Pantsu would be if it weren't down every fucking day

You mean /djt/ on /jp/

There is a /djt/ on /jp/ and another on Sup Forums.

In the unusual case that literally no one downloads anything you're seeding, so long as you make sure to just seed everything ever, you can abuse yen to balance your ratios. Though it shouldn't need balancing if you're making good use of the freeleech yourself.

I have no idea? I stopped logging in after i realised you could just google what you wanted there before they went private.

Use Pantsu. It scrapes Nazi. Nazi doesn't.
Take your meds herkz

Is Pantsu scraper fixed already? I remember it had a long-ass delay.

Who wants it?

I do

For the love of god, please give me a reason to live.

Dont fucking do it on here, or at least do it in a nondescript way. If they see this they will disable your invites and ban whoever you invited

Glancing at the Sup Forums thread, looks like not yet.

I'll take it.

I've always considered the mods at Bakabt, to be a bunch of Commie dick suckers, with a vendetta against Coalgirls.

It's bibliotik which is impossible to get into right now

How can they find out who he is though?

That's the cabal mentality, anons can't even invite other anons

So how exactly do you get access to invite? I keep seeding with a 10.0 ratio and I haven't gotten a single invite yet.

Have you made any uploads?

look for torrents with a high amount of leechers,
seed, and you'll have a better chance of getting your ratio up, freeleech is even better when combo'd with this

You have to be a Power User.

>Power User
>Requirements: Must have been a member for at least 2 weeks (14 days), uploaded at least 10 torrents, have at least 25GB of upload, and a ratio of at least 0.7.
>Privileges: Can access the Power User and Invites forums, receive invites, are exempt from inactivity pruning, can access notifications, can create user-based requests, can have a signature on the forums and can edit anime group info.

Yes, when they say "uploaded at least 10 torrents", that means actually made uploads. Not seeding 10 torrents.

you have to do it through email?

yeah I fucking hate it. If I want to take a gamble on a random guy why not, just ban him if he fucks up

You need to be Power User or higher to receive invites.
Did you even read the wiki?

It's against the rules to invite from imageboards and such, given that this place is archived near instantly it'd be trivial to match your account to the post.

Not that I'd be against it though, especially since our tastes must be pretty similar if you image is anything to go by. So if you have some more private means of communications, share contact info and I'll write you once I'm less busy.

You can find a lot of stuff there, well seeded, but getting to member status is a bit of a hassle.

>our tastes must be pretty similar if you image is anything to go by
>liking Sakura Quest

This show has been hovering at a solid 5/10 at best recently. Please revise your taste.

You can pm me on IRC (Rizon). I'm shiwi.

I meant Shiori. Besides the show is fun, that's all I need.

Got it, can't access IRC right now, but I'll get back to you in a day at most.

He was so cute with glasses, I wish he had kept them on for the whole series.

download whatever is on freeleech like recent anime e.g. Eromanga and seed those

>go to AB
>app link no longer there
fuck

Which one is better? Isn't Sup Forums full of soccer nerds and Sup Forums racists?

>If I want to take a gamble on a random guy why not, just ban him if he fucks up
I really hate how all private trackers make the inviter in charge of the invited. They think I have some fucking crystal ball to look into the future to make sure I don't invite a bad egg?

Could it be that they hear it's really good, but then when they get in they find out it isn't?

You should only invite friends, not complete strangers, so yeah, pretty much.

being a friend doesnt stop them from doing stupid shit on their own

Nyaa pantsu is still going stronger!

That means you don't know them or you have shit friends.

>Torznab api
>RSS feeds fixed
>Performance issues fixed
>Python uploading script
>Torrent file generation
>Scrapers fixed
>Stats fixed
>More frontend fixes
>Editing and deleting torrents
>Public mod log
>Filesize searching
>Audio captcha
>Language flags like anidex
>Mobile app
>Customizable mascots by URL
>DB clean up
Pantsu has been pretty stable the last week.

Has it been? Last day I went was three or four days ago and it was down multiple times

Surprisingly yeah.
Uptime seems to be improving constantly and site seems a lot faster now.