Was he justified for locking up Japs in internment camps?

Was he justified for locking up Japs in internment camps?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/5-surprises-about-american-internment-during-world-war-ii-2015-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fuck FDR.

Pacific war in sum

No. It was unconstitutional. He knew who the spies were because the japanese code was broken.
He didn't want the japanese to know, and people wanted to grab their stuff. So, concentration camps.

There were no incidents with jap-americans, so no.
He would have been more justified in locking up German immigrants since their spies sent shitloads of tech and also started Nazi parties stateside. But he didn't.

He also put Jews in a camp at Fort Ontario.

yes
what wasnt justified was letting them out

He was a jewish owned whore, nothing more.

Dead jap best jap

Yes

He was a thieving bastard who stole their property along with the gold of the American people, legitimately the worst president ever and a fucking wannabe dictator.
Fuck Boomers for wanting to continue his shitty policies.

no more than he was

Japs deserved to be locked up in internment camps and nuked desu.

The problem was that he was fighting the wrong side

He did lock up Germans you kike we just never hear about it because it doesn't fit the narrative

He actually cut off allowing Jewish refugees from coming to the US during the war and knew about the holocaust from the get-go and gave 0 fucks. He also refused to see non-white athletes like Jesse Owens.

Look up THE NI'IHAU INCIDENT and you will see that FDR was completely justified in locking up every single Japanese, whether American citizen or not, in the United States.

>There was no incidents with Japanese-Americans...

WRONG. Ni'ihau Incident.

WRONG

/thread

Yet you can't say why.

It was not unconstitutional. The Alien Enemies Act allows the President to detain those from hostile nations.

>Eventually, Nishikaichi was killed by Niihauans Benehakaka "Ben" Kanahele and Kealoha "Ella" Kanahele
>not even a single American killed
Glad we locked up hundreds of thousands of people in internment camps for this.

Fuck Japs.

They helped contibute to killing Jewish people (fellow whites) between 1993-1945

Fuck the Japs, and Hiroshma was justified. Fack Fascists and breed freedom.

Facts are hard to come by on this issue. Weren’t most of the internees non-citizens and their minor children?

Did you actually read the article? Did you see that a number of Japanese Americans who had never had contact with this Japanese pilot in their entire lives forsook their country, their friends and put their lives on the line to help this man simply because he was the same race as they were? That they stole his secret papers, gave him food, weapons and attempted to help him escape because he was Japanese just like they were?

>They helped contibute to killing Jewish people (fellow whites) between 1993-1945
That's a blatant lie you shill, they outright resettled jewish refugees in shanghai and manchuria.

This. So was Churchill.

>three people helped him while dozens of others took him out
Glad we imprisoned those hundreds of thousands for those three assholes, that was worth it!

notice how japs don't bitch about it. if something similar happened to niggers we'd be hearing about it every single god damn day.

The Ni'ihau incident. I'm not surprised that many people have not heard about it. They are not going to teach you about this in school because they want to perpetrate the meme that the internment of Japanese-Americans was completely unjustified, when in actuality it wasn't because people of the same race will flock together. The only reason I know about it is because I lived in Hawaii for 4 years and uncovered it while I was studying the islands. It is, literally, so fantastical I'm surprised it hasn't been made into a movie.

It absolutely was. If ethnic Japanese would help a random Japanese pilot just because he was the same race as them, they couldn't have known how many people would defect if it looked like the Japanese were gaining the upper hand in the Pacific.

>a single downed pilot and 3 other weirdos have a benny hill moment in the middle of bumfuck nowhere in the pacific ocean
It's not enough, dude.
If you want to justify internment, just do it like this user
The country was at war, plain and simple. Internment of foreign nationals and such is part and parcel.

The issues with internment were the conditions of the cells, and the lack of returned property. Not the internment itself.
It left a huge broken window in our society.

Take off the flag, asshole. Libertarian isn't code for progressive bitching.

Have you heard of gas chambers?

Not to mention that his wholw ideology was based around the fact he was jealous of jewish people and got rejected by a jewish cherleader back in high school

no, it sets an extremely dangerous precedent that our rights our worth nothing if "national security" is at stake. if you agree with the internment camps, then you should agree with the idea that if the government creates a false flag right now and labels people with right wing beliefs "a threat to national secirity", they can go ahead and throw you in a FEMA camp and steal all your property. If you think the internment camps were okay you're a pathetic bootlicker.

You don't buy that shit. You take bigger risks every day. Don't lie to justify something when you can be 100% honest by simply quoting

The fuck are you talking about, retard? Get your (you) and fuck off you imbecile.

What's the Ni'ihau incident?

He also detained American citizens who had no relation to japan. The Constitution is still the supreme law of the land. 4th, 5th and 6th amendment rights still apply.

Weren't Germans or Otalians locked up too in the USA for same reasons?

That's simply not true. At war with japan --> intern japanese.
It's a physical country, with very straightforward and easily discernible qualities. Race, language, culture, etc. You're talking about an ideological basis for discrimination that has no precedent in this.
You only get to be that vague when you have a largely multicultural society and thus can no longer discern race.

He was a cunt but, yes.

>little girl hands
Typical.

Yes
And Ive heard libtards complain about japanese internment camps yet they belive the internment of germans, austrians, and turks during ww1 in canada was justified

businessinsider.com/5-surprises-about-american-internment-during-world-war-ii-2015-1

But few people know that Executive Order 9066, signed by President Roosevelt, which permitted the roundup of Japanese and their American-born children, also paved the way for the arrest of Germans and Italians whom the FBI considered security risks and labeled as "enemy aliens." Indeed, the day before Roosevelt signed the order FBI agents had arrested 264 Italians, 1,296 Germans, and 2,209 on the East and West Coast. The hunt for perceived enemies was on.
Here are five surprising facts about the extent of FDR's internment program:

Fact One: The arrests of suspected enemies extended far beyond our national borders. Under provisions of the Enemy Alien Act of 1798, the same act that allowed Presidents George W. Bush and President Obama to intern modern-day suspected terrorists, Roosevelt orchestrated the removal of 4,058 Germans, 2,264 Japanese, and 288 Italians from 13 Latin American countries — and locked them up around the United States, many in a secret government internment camp located in Crystal City, Texas, an isolated desert town located at the southern tip of Texas, only 30 miles from the Mexican border. His reason? Roosevelt feared security threats from Germans and Japanese in Latin America.

>it is, literally, so fantastical I'm surprised it hasn't been made into a movie.
I lol'd
But that's exactly the reason it didn't matter in the end. I was taught about this several times. Whenever they bring it up it's the same
>they had *almost* NO evidence to intern japanese!
>yes there was that one time but it was super isolated and strange!
I think they actually have a point, too. But it doesn't matter. Why justify something on such wacky grounds, when the idea is totally rational on its own. Whenever an event like that happens, I just think: how would they have justified it the day before?
If it were already a common problem, happening frequently, then it's obvious how they would justify it - point to all those occurances.
If it weren't, simply walk through the reasoning: country x is at war with country y.
country y produces y people, so put a hold on y people's citizenship.

For the time and place, yes I do buy that. Do you think that if Mexico launched a sneak attack on the United States and some Mexican pilot was downed outside of San Diego that some beaners wouldn't help that guy escape? That if there was a real possibility Mexico could win, that American Mexicans wouldn't rise up and join their ranks?

yes.

I actually do believe it; I thought about it long and hard 5 years ago when I first came across this incident and I 100% believe that FDR and the country did the right thing by locking down these people.

This

No, but all the redneck fucks would slaughter Japanese people because their brother Billy Joe Bob was on a boat in Pearl Harbor.

Fine.

fpbp
FDR was a faggot
also they locked up krauts and wops too

the soy is strong with this one

It's so detailed you're going to have to look it up on Wikipedia. Basically, in the aftermath of Pearl Harbor, hours after the attack, a Japanese pilot's Zero was damaged and he made a crash landing on the small Japanese island of Ni'ihau. The local Hawaiian natives knew something was wrong, this is 1941 and they didn't have any communication with the other islands other than light signaling from the nearby island, and they knew well enough to subdue this pilot, take his weapon and his papers... but, there were three ethnic Japanese living on the island amongst the tribal Hawaiians and they got a chance to speak to the pilot they had never met him before and two of the three had never even been to Japan before, yet they helped this pilot escape. They gave him weapons, they gave him food, they ran interference amongst their neighbors and their friends that they had known their entire lives simply because this guy was Japanese like them. In the end the the Hawaiians captured the pilot and a fight ensued. One of the strong Hawaiian herdsmen lifted him up and smashed his head on a rock killing the pilot. Once this incident was reported to the United States Navy, the United States Army, they could not in good conscience take the risk of allowing opportunities for other ethnic Japanese to defect to the Imperial Japanese cause.

>The first attack by the Japanese
>The only pilot that any Japanese individual had interaction with
>The only three ethnic Japanese that were Americans that the pilot had interaction with
>They all helped each other

If I'm going to war over the future of the Pacific and the future of my country, I'm not taking any more risks with this ethnic group.

>How would they have justified the war on Islamic terrorism the day before 9/11?

I want to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not drooling.

Similar to how you sqaured eyeglass wearing pussies cry over some nigger or spic who isn't even related to you? Shut the fuck you actually privileged fuckhead.

regardless of practical application, , the precedent set by the internment camps makes the explicit implication that our rights come from the government and are not inherent. If the government wants to nullify my rights in order to protect themselves then I'd prefer that the government be destroyed. If our rights are disposable then we should just be a monarchy or a dictatorship, atleast it wouldn't create a massive contradiction then.

as justified as hitler was for locking up people in internment camps

I agree that they would on both counts. Mexicans have been notoriously bad at assimilating, shown nonstop contempt for this nation, and their country is next-door.
The Ni'hau Incident then differs in several ways. It took place in a rural area on the absolute farthest point from continental america there is - not 1940's San Diego.
The perpetrators were of a race commonly respected in America for being stand-up folks who play by the rules.

Alone, It justified, at best, the internment of the hawaiian japanese, being surrounded by fellow japs in a white-minority area.
Alone, It didn't justify interning mainland japs.
In principle (and in law) I say you have something, which is why I keep quoting Had a random pilot never crashed in this random area, you'd have nothing. Which is why I find the argument unreliable.

The difference being that we aren't justifying the whole war, but a single policy within it.

He locked up Japanese-Americans because they knew he was working with "uncle joe" Stalin to spread communism. Japan was at war with communists trying to save Asia.

>implying I'm a man

One is a great man who realized we backed the wrong side and was an enemy of ZOG, the other is an Jew dicksucking ZOG puppet. Don't compare the two faggot

what is your pronoun?

She/her

Tits or gtfo

There were Japanese spys in Hawaii helping and informing the kamakazis as they were rolling in. They would simply look out the window as they were cutting hair or something and check if the sky around the carriers was clear. That's what prompted the issue.