Based Founding Fathers

It is a great time to be an American. Post a based, verified quote from a Founding Father

"Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased. And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red? But perhaps I am partial to the Compexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind."

- Benjamin Franklin

columbia.edu/~lmg21/ash3002y/earlyac99/documents/observations.html

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/6batyz/why_would_ben_franklin_call_germans_and_swedes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OP is a Jew

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise-

Sweet Mike Pence statue.

Excellent guess. Tawny indeed. Do it again.

>Such an incorigable racist that everyone except his specific brand of white is not white
Truly based

Is it so crazy that some people should agree with him? /pol could force the left to abandon every single one of the founding fathers and war heros by touting their words.

It sucks the Jews took over Freemasonry and cucked it out.

Based Ben

>Is it so crazy that some people should agree with him? /pol could force the left to abandon every single one of the founding fathers and war heros by touting their words.
Good point

It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their selfish purposes. Distinctions in society will always exist under every just government. Equality of talents, of education, or of wealth can not be produced by human institutions. In the full enjoyment of the gifts of Heaven and the fruits of superior industry, economy, and virtue, every man is equally entitled to protection by law; but when the laws undertake to add to these natural and just advantages artificial distinctions, to grant titles, gratuities, and exclusive privileges, to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society — the farmers, mechanics, and laborers — who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government. There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing.

>Andrew Jackson

"All men are created equal"

-Thomas "Plantation Philosopher" Jefferson
*whips negro*

"Whether further observation will or will not verify the conjecture, that nature has been less bountiful to them in the endowments of the head, I believe that in those of the heart she will be found to have done them justice. That disposition to theft with which they have been branded, must be ascribed to their situation, and not to any depravity of the moral sense. The man in whose favor no laws of property existed, probably feels himself less bound to respect those made in favor of others. When arguing for ourselves, we lay it down as a fundamental, that laws, to be just, must give a reciprocation of right; that without this, they are mere arbitrary rules of conduct, founded in force, and not in conscience; and it is a problem which I give the master to solve, whether the religious precepts against the violation of property were not framed for him as well as his slave? And whether the slave may not as justifiably take a little from one who has taken all from him, as he may slay one who would slay him? That a change in the relations in which a man is placed should change his ideas of moral right or wrong, is neither new nor peculiar to the color of the blacks. Homer tells us it was so 2,600 years ago.

Jove fix'd it certain, that whatever day
Makes man a slave, takes half his worth away.
But the slaves of which Homer speaks were whites. Notwithstanding these conditions, which must weaken their respect for the laws of property, we find among them numerous instances of the most rigid integrity, and as many as among their better instructed masters, of benevolence, gratitude, and unshaken fidelity. The opinion that they are inferior in the faculties of reason and imagination, must be hazarded with great diffidence. "

-Thomas Jefferson

He was like Franklin to some extent, a victim of his time.
Slavery was accepted then. The inteligencia and body politic of those times didn't give a shit and times before that it was even worse.
I wouldn't want to argue that if Jefferson was alive today he wouldn't be for slavery but even with that you can still admire the founding founders
Franklin invented many things like glasses, the Franklin stove, the post office.

Tl;dr you can make people sound like whatever by posting just one quote

FALSE
"Every measure of prudence, therefore, ought to be assumed for the eventual total extirpation of slavery from the United States.

"I have, through my whole life, held the practice of slavery in such abhorrence, that I have never owned a negro or any other slave; though I have lived for many years in times when the practice was not disgraceful; when the best men in my vicinity thought it not inconsistent with their character; and when it has cost me thousands of dollars of the labor and subsistence of free men, which I might have saved by the purchase of negroes at times when they were very cheap."--Works of John Adams, vol., p. 380.

-John Adams

good luck trying to make him look bad. face it buddy, the founding fathers were abhorrent racists, and eve Jesus condoned slavery by never condemning.

>Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion

Adams won't publicly speak out against slavery
He didn't support black soldiers in the revolutionary war
He didn't support abolishing slavery
And he was a possible monarchist
He did outlaw slavery in Massachusetts though so there's something.

you think you know better than benjaman fucklin fucker? germans are swarthy, except for saxons.

> possible monarchist
kek, what? adams feared that america would be like a monarchial republic because too much power had been given to the president
>sees flag
well i already typed it

how could an 18th century swede be considered swarthy

a negro isnt people

You are looking at a primary source. Franklin lived then, traveled extensively as an American diplomat, and wrote about what he saw. Nobody can call him an unworthy source.

At times he conveyed substantial support for these approaches,[207] suggesting for example that "hereditary monarchy or aristocracy" are the "only institutions that can possibly preserve the laws and liberties of the people."

Get source from wikipedia

i hate to do this, but here is some context from *****t
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/6batyz/why_would_ben_franklin_call_germans_and_swedes/
i saw that right after posting