Darker Than Black

Were there shows that did the "soldiers/assassins with superpowers" premise better? How has it aged?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hIlYZihSPY8
youtube.com/watch?v=QGOzGNa64fs
youtube.com/watch?v=51ZoQmsRrPc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it was great for its time

Man I'd wish I could see more of it.
Watchin MC trying to blend in daylight, playing the dumb, naive guy, while at night raping all his enemies.

Not really. Even this show bungled the premise after the first season because the premise always becomes power level schlock.

See also: Gangsta

Fate: Zero
Kiritsugu scenes are pretty good/10

I also think that Ajin, while the original author was around, was pretty amazing in this sense.
Satou is a fucking boss.
I haven't read past the first season though.

S2 FUCKING NEVER

Season 2 never.
Man i really love the vibes of Black lagoon, gangsta, dtb

>inb4 pleb taste - its a guilty pleasure

I hope someone on netflix will make tv series out of it someday, disregarding second season. With never happen/ Ever/

Yin a best

I'll never understand how they dropped the ball with S2 so hard. The only good thing about it was the ost.

youtube.com/watch?v=hIlYZihSPY8
youtube.com/watch?v=QGOzGNa64fs

>gangsta
putting that in the same line as dtb or BL was somewhat insulting

A lot of people say that season 2 didn't capture the same feel of season 1. Personally I liked season 2 a lot and wish we got to see more of it, felt like it ended abruptly but I think it's an underrated series, it was ahead of it's time in my opinion.

Pretty sure the artist took over the moment MC and his blonde friend split up,and he wrote all the Satou stuff

There's no need for S2 when we got the god-tier OVAs.

S2 had interesting concepts but it really drops the ball in it's writing. Like Psycho-Pass.

I think people give S2 way more shit than it deserve
The only real difference compared to S1 is the shift from the episodic format

>muh kuro no alcoholic was good
fuck off honestly

Actually Hei being alcoholic and abusive was one of the better aspects of S2. It's just that everything started falling apart as soon as we learned Suou was a clone.

Same, loved Hei on Season 2 even if I wanted more of S1 Hei

My biggest problem was that absolutely nothing was resolved with regards to the gates themselves and Suou's existence. Hei losing his powers was pretty lame too, especially since he wasn't in peak performance like when he was fighting in Brazil. I would have loved to see prequel there over what we got in S2.

Didn't he get his powers back at the end though when Suou died? Or am I just remembering wrong?

Bump for interest. I recently watched Fate/Zero and have been looking for something similar.
I was a fool to look into the rest of the Fate franchise

It's been forever, but yes I think he gets them back during the very last episode. I can't remember if it was Suou's death triggering it or if just entering the gate got them back.

I was under the impression that darker then black was terrible for some reason until I gave it a watch. It has aged well.

What there really should be is a prequel about the war in south america.

now that would be the tits

Although most of people on Sup Forums nowadays haven't even watched it.

if that aired today Sup Forums would lose its shit so fast. Tragedy just isn't a genre in anime any more

dimension w was alright

get this normalfag shit out of here

>Wanting to watch Hei lose Pai again
Best boy deserves nothing but happiness with his imouto, kill yourself user.

Ya this is why despite S2 being a downgrade from from S1 for me I still hold out hope for a sequel of S2 whether that be with a new S3 or OVA's. At this point there are still questions's I have that I wish were answered.

The soundtrack for S2 was shite compared to S1

It wasn't. The show was above average and remains above average. Anime now isn't better than anime then.

What's his name again?

I wouldn't blame anons for losing their shit, they a Bad End after all just like in School Days.

a new ghost in the shell anime is coming out

Psycho Pass dropped the ball when they went from CSI to Minority Report. Which was only a handful of episodes in.

>tfw CSI is my guilty pleasure
kill me

Bones, please.

>hear this come on
youtube.com/watch?v=51ZoQmsRrPc
>know shit is about to go down

It's okay, user, I binged CSI:NY in college and still can't really understand why I liked it.

That's a good question. But we can all agree on who the best girl was, right?

But that isn't Havoc

Don't you mean Amber?

No.

I fucking hated Phantom so much. Everything about it was so stale and unexciting.