Sup Forums stuff your dad likes/liked

None because he isn't a fucking loser like me and this board.

Speed Racer and Astro Boy, I think?

My dad doesn't like any of that "jap crap"

Don't worry, your dad's a loser.

>Dad recommended Elfen Lied to me

I think of what he's seen it would be like

Bebop>S;G>Trigun>GitS:SAC>SnK>HxH>FMAB

He also likes Ghibli, Akira, GitS, BLAME!

This and Robotech. He also had tapes of some anime with Pinoy English dubs like Daimos.

Mazinger

Same

damn the dude has good taste. by the way user-kun, DOZO

What's a dad?

We watched pic related, Dragon Ball, Ideon, a bit of Chrono Crusade, and Appleseed together. He liked it.

My dad recommended Sword of a Stranger to me because he liked the dog so much.

Space Captain Harlock, Code Geass and Fate/Zero from what I can remember. I think he also watched Cobra though I've not seen it yet myself

My son is a weaboo because of me

>pinoy

just say Filipino goddammit. we're already shittier than most races and you're representing ours with that retardedly degenerate word

anyway to contribute my Dad likes Chuka Ichiban because he finds the serious tone of the story and over-the-top shenanigans while prepping and tasting the food absolutely hilarious

My father was a big fan of Tezuka's works; we watched the 2003 anime of Astro Boy together and he borrowed the manga from the local library for me to read at home. Due to his influence I ended up watching and reading similar stuff like Cyborg 009 when I was young. He's probably the reason why I''m here today.
But the jokes on him since I really only watch moe now.

Oni Chichi series

>having sex with 3DPD
>not hiding power level from progeny
You should be ashamed of yourself

Normie stuff, like Saint sets, he brought some DVDs ages ago.

I tried to get my wife's son to watch SDF Macross but he only wants to watch idolshit.

*Saint Seiya.

>my wife's son
>not my son
???

Why be ashahed when pic related

My father liked Fate / Stay Night and recommended it to me.

He married a broad who divorced her husband and kept the kid. Paying to take care of another man's progeny and used goods on top of 3D.

He watched Saint Seiya with my sister in the 90s and watched Shingeki no Kyojin's first season with my mom and me when it was airing. Also the usual oldstuff that wasn't even publicized as being japanese like Speed Racer and Astro Boy.

Step fathers who actually care about their wife's son and treat them like their own kids are fucking saints.

There is a reason why Roman Emperors were usually the son of another woman adopted by the ruling Emperor.

Your father is a faggot

Nip here, my dad don't like chinktoons either... He kind of "shit on me" and put up a fissy fit when I was into those TV game shows like "tv champion" (or the one where the family turn their house into a weaponized maze of hide and seek to make the "finders" seek the hiding family members for $$$) when it shows up every 7 or 9pm-ish. Not sure what his problem was, but that was when I was a kid. I mean, it's a comfy show considering how creative each game was in those shows, highly recommend them.

The game show about guessing the approximate price of certain pieces of food is pretty gay and depressing, don't watch that one.

I don't really recall what dad liked, but watching doraemon, shinchan, beyblade/bdaman, pokemon, yugioh, and any other show that typically airs at dinner time was "enjoyable," I guess.

Dad is "boring", he's a classical type of guy who's into Sup Forums and classical music and endlessly studying trigonometry and calculus as a hobby before he heads to work or on weekends.

my dad said he watched your lie in april on netflix and loved it

(i don't know anything about the show though)

It's shit, and so is his taste.

My dad doesn't watch anime, and I think the only one he ever watched was Voltes V.

It's not technically anime but it's the closest thing to it he liked before he died

This. Voltron and Dragon Ball too.

Is the fact he never accepted your hobbies or participated in things with you why you have a need for attention from strangers on the internet today?

I've gotten my dad to watch anime and he likes various shows I have shown him. Uchouten Kazoku, Tatami Galaxy, Ping Pong, Shingeki no Bahamut, Eureka Seven

My dad's the type of guy that would walk in and ask, "Are you winning son?" if he saw this.

He liked Naruto but he stopped after the chunnin exams.

That looks like Charlie Brown in the body of an adult woman.

>Inflicting Ping Pong on the man who raised you

He watched as a kid but not anything else. I would have expected him to watch Toonami because he has Adult Swim on every night and would have just started watching after Family Guy ends due to boredom and being drunk

my grandpa actually (who raised me since my father didnt). since he likes martial arts movies and boxing (he watch it all the time), is not a surprised he used to watch it with me

Darker than Black
Ghost in the Shell
Mobile Suit Gundam and Thunderbolt
Jin Roh
GATE
Black Lagoon
and finally, surprisingly, Acchi Kocchi

He'll usually watch a couple episodes with me and decide if it interests him or not. The above are the only ones he has watched to completion.

What's wrong with having a relationship with people you like?

>>Sup Forums
>>/wizchan/

K-on. We used to watch it on Disney with my younger sister.

He really liked FLCL for some reason. I mean decent taste and all but it really isn't his kind of thing.

He had you as your son user, pretty sure He is a loser.

I think my dad would like Fate if it weren't for all the fanservice and waifubaiting and stuff. He likes young adult type fantasy stuff and also likes mythology. He plays phone games often, so maybe I should show him GO when it comes out in English.

Just show him Zero

I convinced my dad to watch Cowboy Bebop and he liked it. Before that if I was ever watch Anime he'd watch for a second, say the art style was "primitive" then make me change the channel to hockey. He also like Jin Roh

>primitive

>primitive

He's completely right.

Your dad seems cool, why are you so dishonorable user

I'm old enough to be your dad and I like Precure.

My dad loved Slayers and Ranma.
He's dead now ;_;

>TFW I watched Kaiji with my dad and he got really into the strategy of the RPS arc.
I was genuinely surprised.

He had excellent taste user.

>endlessly studying trigonometry and calculus as a hobby before he heads to work or on weekends.

How do you just study math like that? What does he do, try and solve complex problems or just learn it for the sake of learning?

>Ghost in the Shell
>Jin Roh

Well, your dad has some good taste.

I sometimes wonder whether the user calling me a faggot is my son.

If his son is in this board, then he already lost any hope

I don't know my dad, I also don't know my mom

Cross boarder or b8?

>tfw no lolicon dad

>My father liked Fate / Stay Night and recommended it to me.
Your father is a 16 year old girl.

My dad went with me to see this when it premiered in the US. I used to keep the newspaper clipping with the ticket stub pinned to my wall in the house he owned.

Maybe I should have kept that.

>My dad watches haremshit and fujoshit
Also he likes Mazinger Z, Yamato, Robotech, etc.

I don't think my dad was ever into anime or anything, but we've seen a number of the Ghibli movies together. Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Laputa. He seemed to like them, but I wouldn't think that this enjoyment would extend to the rest of the medium.

My dad used to be a roadbiker fag, and made me watch Yowamushi Pedal with him.

We had a big, long discussion about all the techniques they have mentioned.

It was a really fucking weird experience for me, to discuss mongolian cartoons with my dad like that.

>Dad is "boring", he's a classical type of guy who's into Sup Forums and classical music and endlessly studying trigonometry and calculus as a hobby before he heads to work or on weekends.

Your dad sounds cool as fuck

Sounds like he raised an autist though

Bebop, GiTS, Akira, ghibli, Initial D

Mushishi
Cowboy Bebob
Lain
Mob Psycho
OPM
Usagi Drop
TTGL

To name a few. The man's got taste.

This is the only anime my father likes. I've got to admit, he has godtier taste.

My dad really enjoyed Ping Pong the Animation, Fate/Zero, Baccano!, Steins;Gate, Yamato 2199 and most of Satoshi Kon's films.

Is he patrician?

Basic, but still patrician.

You should be proud to have a dad like that.

me and my dad watch jojo all the time together. He also loves one punch man

It was collateral damage to take care after his true son, all the mathematical laws he have discovered.

Condolences user. He had good taste. o7

You are giving him shit for his hobbies just as he does with you. Conclusion: You both are faggots.

I know he watched Akira because he expressly forbade me from watching it until I was 16. Absolutely adores Ghibli and tries to take me every time there's a showing of Monoke or Spirited away in our area. Pretty sure he saw GiT, some of the earlier Gundams, Macross, and Perfect Blue but I don't remember for sure. I think he just binged whatever he could find on TV between episodes of ST:NG
My stepdad is about any anime from the mid 80s-2000's. Mostly anything psychological, violent, or "deep". Elfen Lied, Black Lagoon, Paranoia Agent, ect.

He was at least a pretty decent guy in my book, then

He really liked GuP but disliked SW, so I think he actually watched GuP for the tanks and he's not a secret lolicon.

This plus the dubbed live action version of Giant Robo (Johnny and His Flying Robot, I think)

A friend's dad likes ninja scroll and vampire Hunter d.

My dad is 60 and grew up in the Soviet Union; he didn't have a TV until he was 20 and even then he didn't watch much of anything.

My dad liked pic related

My dad liked Robotech a lot. Was able to marathon a bit of it with him. Really good bonding moment.

>wanted to be a university professor
>couldn't fulfill that dream so he ended up being a private high school teacher
>the typical high school kid is a pile of shit who does jack shit/whatever he wants/goof around
>quit being a teacher because kids don't want to learn, kids aren't serious about their future (I don't blame him for that)
>now works as a typical office worker
>sort of anti-social, not your typical normie
>not interested in animu, interested in complex science or math shit
>told him to write a fucking book about his fucking hobbies because of how smart he is
>"wastes his time" endlessly studying just as a hobby
>fucking compile your "work" in a journal or something god dammit!
>you don't have much time left, do something that will leave your mark in this world!
>His current dream is to move to Germany just to study and archive shit at some national level university about the wonders of Roman/Western history, culture, and mathematics and wishes to die there with said books at said university archives complex whatever place.

I understand he can't fulfill all that because he has an autist like myself and I understand it's not fair to call him "boring" just because I like weeb shit and he doesn't...

He's a hard working dad, I wish I could get along with him more, but it's hard to bond with someone that hardly shares any interests with you and doesn't understand how to play mario kart on the Wii. Also, he went full autismo maximus whenever I played games like Counter-Strike when I was younger (or zombie games) because "killing people was bad." He was a moralfag, but that's a separate issue.

Key word: "was"

Best love story ever told

There is literally nothing wrong with keeping kids off of violent games or being a moralfag. He was just trying to raise you right, not that it seems like it worked. You sound like you're just trying to justify yourself at this point, your dad is doing what he loves and you're sitting here bitching about him and not being productive enough when he was able to afford your dumb ass.

He's a special kind of autist, maybe that's why I'm an autist myself. Maybe that's why I'm on Sup Forums to begin with.

>Fairly fluent in German, French, Russian (sort of), English, and perhaps Latin and Spanish to a degree, I don't remember
>Learned all that shit from books
>The attic is his personal library with most of it worn out/probably mouldy (cannot confirm)
>When I was younger he would teach me the basics of trigonometry, but I wasn't smart enough to understand fully about all this triangle shit... I wasn't the study type
>I'm more of a hands on type, like woodshop or maybe welding... maybe CNC, autoCAD is fun to work with
>Dad taught himself all his life how to play the piano, study different languages, Western history and culture, and learn more about Max Weber and other classical figures of the West
>He is /his/, /sci/, and Sup Forums's /ourguy/ but hardly the case for Sup Forums and /k/
>we own a cottage that still has Dad's old record player (broken) with half mouldy records and books (Mom wants to throw them away, Dad doesn't want to, I want to restore them or at least get him new copies of it when I have more shekels)

Dad may be a moralfag, a cunt sometimes, and perhaps an autist, but I will fully admit he has sacrificed enough for my life and has fulfilled more than enough as a caring Dad of his type (classical traditionalist... you get where I'm headed).

I urge everyone on this thread to find time to talk with their dads as much as possible and try to communicate even if you have separate hobbies... at least for me, I owe him a happy life along with Mom.

I am a leaf born Nip and I haven't seen Dad for 2 years because his job currently resides in Tokyo. If I could, I wish to listen to his lectures about trigonometry again... even if it's boring as fuck. I'd love to talk more about my family, but I don't want to be too identifiable and perhaps someone is going to suggest this for "Tales from Sup Forums - Father's Day Special" or some shit.

what part did he like? the scenes of the mom pushing/punishing the kid until he was perfect?

>I am a leaf born Nip
That's funny to me because I'm a nip born leaf

My dad wants me to sit in his lap and watch a anime called boku with him?
Should I Sup Forums?