ITT animes that started off god-tier, but the writers just ended up winging it and made up the rest as they went along

ITT animes that started off god-tier, but the writers just ended up winging it and made up the rest as they went along.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ty-Nqm4Pdc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All memes aside, Death Note

Macademi Wasshoi. Started great, but petered out at the end.

Evangelion.

Afro ninja

most trigger and gainax anime end up with mc having bigger stick in the last fucking episode out of nowhere

Code geass

The exact definition.

Naruto desu

Bleach started as a 9/10 and ended a fucking 2/10

Evangelion is the exact opposite. It started off with a monster-of-the-week thing that was going nowhere, and evolved into a pretty good layered story with a great climax (EoE)

yes

Mawaru Penguindrum. I thought the first half was pretty good but the rest sucked

evangelions monster of the week was intentional though. the entire plot of the series including the subversion of the typical viewer's thoughts regarding anime was intended from the get-go.

You fucking what

Did we watch the same show? I thought it was the opposite. Regardless, I respect your opinion.

>animes

I just pretend it ended halfway in and that the other half is filler

DEEP fags need to leave they're always so damn wrong.
Anno was a hack who broke down because he was a closeted homo.

thats all it is.

Unironically this. EoE isn't as deep as you faggots think

Nah it started off shit too, I really dunno why people say it got bad when it was from the beginning

>time reset
it was shit from the start

>kill la kill
>ever being good
it was shit from the beginning

I had to quit as soon as they introduced the spanish shit after the rescue arc. It's been over 10 years for me, not sure if Ill ever finish the manga

t. retard

Bleach :(

youtube.com/watch?v=_ty-Nqm4Pdc

The whole thing with the terrorist group just bored me. I can't even remember what they're goal was or why things like the child broiler existed

True, but at least I got my pairings.

What about the exact opposite? Anime that seemed like it was winging it for the entire show but then a god-tier ending redeemed it?

Digi, plz

Don't remind me.

>animes

Kill La Kill was about how clothing (including uniforms, fashion, etc...) dominates identity in society and is effectively a means of control and oppression.

Ryuko spent the first half thinking she was better than all this shit without realizing there was more going on. During the second half she spent the entire time trying to come to terms with the fact that her and Senketsu were products of the entire conspiracy and thus complicit in it. In order to overcome the enemy she must first overcome herself and all that that entails.

>>>/tumblr/

gonnaneedabiggerbait.jpg

I couldn't stand it. It was pretentious as fuck and spent too much time explaining shit to pad shit out. It was obvious what was happening almost every time we didn't need recaps.

Wixoss
>Ruu's "darkness" lext unexplored
>Dat monster in the OP not explained
>The ruined tower not mentioned
>Ruu's deck changed from light to dark isn't detailed
>Her mother is scared of her not explained

I wish it didn't have to be a battle shonen.When it stopped pretending to be one and actually became one was when it turned to shit.

name just 1. when the production have actually said they winged it from the get-go but got their act together towards the end

protip: you can't.

Shingeki no Kyojin. Seriously, the story in the manga is retarded.

Kiznaiver also had an incredibly bad sense of direction. Not to mention all of the characters that were important to the plot were completely uninteresting compared to the supporting cast that didn't really matter.

it was kinda about fashion for the first 9 episodes which is the best part of the series, but after the 'battle royale' started, it was the beginning of the end and just turned into the big conspiracy for the rest of the way.

kinda weird how the second opening had the emphasis on fashion with the catwalk, show spotlights, and the montage of all the characters in their different outfits.

the fashion theme never really developed that far that it was a central point of the entire show.

"Hey guys, we have a pretty good adventure show, but why dont we drop the whole adventuring part and have the finale be character drama instead"

steins gate

KLK was god-tier the whole way through

>He believes that

Jormungand peaked around episode 4. It had this great episodic feel to it and the action scenes were well done, along with the right amount of feels. The S1 finale was a bit of a let down, as they should have killed off a certain character and ended it as a tragedy. Season 2 just lacked all the magic of season 1, they skewed away from the day to day arms dealing and operations to some BS grand scheme.

I disagree

Decapitating simian

Everything from the tournament arc to the end was a complete mess

It had some glimmer of hope at the end of ep 22 but the finale was hot garbage

The conspiracy is that all clothing on earth is actually a parasite that has guided mankind's evolution since the dawn of time and in doing so has altered man to the point where it has a desire to wear clothing thereby being subservient and complicit in their enslavement. All forms of clothing are made of this parasite but fashion and uniforms in general grant wearers wearers more power over their peers even if it undermines their humanity to wear them (e.g. is embarrassing).

Towards the end of the series humans are being mind controlled by the clothing and their final plan is to put clothing on the planet itself.

There's also what the director said:
>According to director Imaishi, much of the plot is based on his observation that the Japanese manner of pronouncing "fascio" (ファッショ fassho) is nearly the same as the word "fashion" (ファッション fasshon), his observation that the pronunciation of the Japanese words "school uniform" (制服 seifuku) and "conquest" (征服 seifuku) are identical, and that the titular kiru may mean "kill" (キル), "to cut" (切る), or "to wear" (着る).[10]

It was still fun and enjoyable with great music, animation, and voice acting

Maybe you guys expecting me to say that it's about female puberty.

zoz

that feels tacked on for no reason.

Rewatch it, user. I marathon-ed the series and the fashion=fascism theme was very front and center throughout the series. Right down to the nudist rebels.

>and evolved into a pretty good layered story
Dude what? It became a clusterfuck after Shinji got absorbed into Eva, and they had to pretty much make an extra "ending" because people didnt understand the original one.

i watched the show, i know what the conspiracy entailed.

I'm just saying, from episodes 10-26 it was more about alien life fibers taking the form of clothing conspiring to take over the world rather than fashion or the school setting. we see every single piece of fashion the show has to offer by episode 13/14 barring the mark 3 blade regalia and mark 2 symphony, scourge, and probe regalia.

the fact that pretty much every single episode from 10 to 25 had at least 1 serious plot hole that never gets explained is a testament that the direction of the show kinda lost its way. From both a plot, AND fashion theme perspective.

thats not to say that the fashion theme was entirely bad or devoid of substance. Ragyo raping Satsuki to make her feel compelled to wear clothing to hide the shame/guilt that rape survivors feel was a great touch.

It literally was about female maturation though.

>and they had to pretty much make an extra "ending" because people didnt understand the original one.

Its been confirmed countless times that episodes 25 and 26 wewre made because they ran out of money and time.

End of Evangelion is and always will be the true canonical ending according to the fans and creators of the show.

>fashion=facism
>the end of the series is ryuko, satsuki, and mako going shopping and trying on fashionable clothes all day

REALLY makes me think....

Time to grow up and put away childish things.

Like in pic related?

>Time to grow up and put away childish things.

what?

A Trigger show that throws caution to the wind and charges forward at full speed will be bound to have its share of "plot holes". Granted they are only really plot holes from the perspective of a reasonable person who isn't fully driven by passion.

I think Isayama is winging it now.
The reason that they're still being attacked is oil apparently.

Anno has literally said that he initially planned it as something typical and doesn't know how it became what it did.

Air Gear

kek they shoulda just slap it with a "see you soon" instead

Air gear was a mess.

not him, but it really started nice. It just went all downhill when the "swallow" returned and with her the smile and optimist went outside

Gate for sure.

The concept is outfuckingstanding but I could not believe how much they failed at it.

KLK should have had 2 seasons. First season is entirely the school setting/plotlines, the second season could be the Battle Royale, Tri School Raid, and the rest of the Nudist Beach vs Ragyo saga.

>>The concept is outfuckingstanding

Is it?

A modern military gunning down a bunch of losers with swords is the only reasonable direction that could go

>Is it?
Well yeah, having a completely asymmetrical conflict where you have modern technology going up against technology from over 700 years ago and fucking MAGIC could be very interesting.

I'm not narrowing it down to centurions being dropped with 5.56 from a couple people a few hundred meters away.

That'd always be a one sided fight, either the magic is OP or not good enough to make up for a modern military.

>:(
Get out

pic related :^)

samurai Jack

Rakugo

that started like pretty much any other isekai

That would imply that Imaishit would be able to stay focused on a single plotline for more than 5 minutes

LWA

Thanks Trigger, you did it again

Isnt that an interesting story though?
The idea of annos breakdown being told through his anime itself. You can literally witness his human condition through evangelion, and it shows.

The Elite 4 should have had more development as far as why they joined Satsuki and why they ended up being so loyal to her that they would blind themselves or commit Seppuku for failing her.

Ira, Hacker Guy, and Uzu basically were just recruited with "YOU'RE STRONG, JOIN MY CAUSE". And that was the extent of their past we were given.

Realized after some episodes terrorist kids meant retarded plot and I was right.

Dragon Ball Z is the literal definition of this, and it even extends into Super which is 20 fucking years after.

>he wouldn't give his life for Lady Satsuki
Get a load of this guy.

First thread of this show did not even got 10 replies
First thread that got 500 posts was one that thrashes CG.

Fast forward 12 episodes later:
3000 unique IPs on stream
1500 post on thread

Two months later:
480,000 IPs on Nico restream

>moeshit

into the trash.

.hack//SIGN
Eden of the East
Ergo Proxy
Mayoiga
RahXephon

Future Diary

It was great till the end just got serious.

>Ergo Proxy

holy shit it was fucking wasted potential

>Starts out with literally 2 kids stealing a nuclear bomb
>They somehow succeed and get away with it

How the fuck did you think this start was god tier? It was complete shit, the only good thing to come out of that show was the ferris wheel scene and the von soundtrack which is very chill

These 3:
>Naruto
>Hyouka
>Sun-Ken Rock

Honestly I' ve never seen a shittier ending than Sun-Ken. It still haunts me.

Masamune-kun no Revenge.
First few eps were good the idea was good.
Turned to crap