Will his new anime save Trigger? They made flops after flops since Klk ended

Will his new anime save Trigger? They made flops after flops since Klk ended

20k+ seller. Believe in Imaishi.

>Imaishit
Welp, this is fucking dead on arrival

I'm not even going to give it a chance after the disappointment that was LWA
I'll never watch another Trigger anime again

What did Imaishi do to deserve all the hate? Or is it just stupid internet contrarianism since his titles are usually well-loved?

KLK

But KLK was fun.

His ADHD and "whats a story layout" storytelling and ironically shit directing don't sit well with many, and the fact that normalfags and casuals put him on a pedestal because muh western influences doesn't help

Space Patrol Luluco wasn't a flop nigger.

Yeah, but you can't argue that it was an unfocused mess that completely changed the plot and style like 3 times during the show

So it boils down to:

Some people don't like his style and also he's popular.

hopefully more ninja slayer

why the fuck did inou battle flop? it was the best trigger anime

I didn't like Kill la Kill or Luluco much. I don't think he's bad, his LWA episode was really good, but I'm a little wary of the series he directs now.

Story faults aside, I think the reason KLK is generally revered is because it felt incredibly fresh, even if it ended up playing the same tune throughout its length.

I think there's something to be said for the man by virtue of just how explosive KLK was right out of the gate. Additionally, Luluco is a fucking masterpiece, and a way better show. In short, I think Imaishi gets a little more flak than he deserves. He's not the fucking anime messiah, but his hate-club is a little strange to me.

Wow it's almost as if people have different tastes and don't have to eat up gimmicky shit just because it's popular

Maybe you should go back to plebit/MAL

Luluco was my AOTY last year so hopefully this show follows suit. KLK was alright, but LWA just had a bad tendency to bore me and was no where near as good as the OVA and movie.

there it is

>Additionally, Luluco is a fucking masterpiece, and a way better show.
Can you explain what makes Luluco a masterpiece?

People hate fun and hype but continue to watch shows by studios who focus heavily on that

It was tightly produced, full of energy, and managed to tell a pretty affecting story in its short runtime. I think people underestimate how difficult it would be to work under the constraints of such short episode lengths, but I think Luluco pulled it off with flying colors.

Obviously calling it a masterpiece is hyperbole on my part, but it's still one of my favorite shows in the last few years.

There it is what?

>incredibly fresh
Maybe if you are a Tumblrina who hasn't watched more than 20 shows

trying too hard

Nice non-argument

KLK was an above-average action show that didn't bring anything new or fresh to the table and only caught up with the normalfags and the tumblr crowd because muh strong female protagonist, and of course any time anyone brings any valid argument against it the default answer from the fanboys is the usual "you are just being a contrarian / you just hate it because it's popular"

using tumblr as a boogeyman phrase makes me immediately know you're not worth having a full discussion with

it wasn't anything new but it was very fresh in not only the season it aired in but in the 5 or so years surrounding its release

in fact Samurai Flamenco was the only other show that aired around the same time that was as interesting and thrilling

Fuck I hope so. I hope they get some writers this time.

Him and most of trigger have the writing capabilities of a brick. He makes very nice things to look at, but take a gander at some of his other works.

I will say that Trigger's titles suffer miserably when he's not around. LWA has been one of the worst slogs ever, and I'm watching it live.

>tumblr boogeyman
But it was legitimately popular in tumblr and a lot of the initial praise it got was from tumblrinas trying to rationalize liking a show with fanservice by writing long-ass essays about how it was actually a deep and intellectual deconstruction of the concept ofnfanservice and the male gaze

KLK is generally revered because the first part of it was good. Ryuko is a fun character who is easy to love, and the supporting cast is great.

if KLK was just the last five episodes it would have been considered the flop of the century. Someone had a chart of how many downloads KLK got during the last stretch of its run and there was a cliff right at the final arc.

the only thing they've made that I was dissapointed with was Kiznaiver

KLK was eh. It was pretty much muh evangelion and although colourful and partially lively, the show was dragged out for too long and the story was just shit. Also you can tell their budget went to shit too.

Not seen Luluco.

LWA short films are gr8 m8. At least they had effort put into them.

Inferno Cop already saved anime.

>dude, cardboard cutouts voiced by the same 2 guys lmao

I hate Imaishi's fondness of ironic, shitty cardboard cutout animation. It's absolutely revolting and an affront to good cartooning.

"But it's supposed to be ironically shit, you just don't get it"

KLK was only fresh for people have only seen anime that came out in the digital fansubbing age and haven't watched any anime from the decades before.

It was decent overall as a silly action show, but was nothing exceptional. Biggest faults were the spastic pacing and unfocused, almost impulsive narrative. It was still a good effort to really get Trigger off the ground, even with all its faults. There was a lot of hype and it would have been incredibly hard to meet the unrealistic expectations that had developed around it.