Fate Anime Order

I want to get into Fate. Haven't played the VN and dont intend to.
As far as I understood it, I should start with the 2014 Unlimited Blade Works Anime, then wait for the Heaven's Feel movies and then watch Fate/Zero. Is that correct?

The best way to get into Fate series is not to get into it at all.

start with the Tsukihime anime

Read the Visual Novel. You'll get the full experience this way and watching any of the anime ruins the Fate route. UBW's adaptation does a miserable job exploring Shirou's character and Heaven's Feel is going to be a mess as it's only 3 movies and adapts the longest route in the Visual Novel.

Read VN -> Watch Fate/Zero. Don't fuck up.

>I want to get into Fate
>Haven't played the VN and dont intend to

You contradicted yourself

>I want to get into Fate
You shouldn't get into Fate then, VN is a best thing that came out of the franchise.

Watch Fate Zero and ignore everything else

You won't get better responses than these.

Pretty much this. The VN is the best intro to the whole thing. Then afterwards id just watch the shows in chronological order. Zero UBW then HF when it comes out.

>Haven't played the VN and dont intend to.
Then don't get into fate.

Start by watching fate zero, the move on by watching unlimited blade works and then wait for heaven's feel.
Don't listen to the fags telling you that you need to read the VN you dont need to do so to enjoy the series

Fate / Zero -> 2014 Unlimited Blade Works -> Carnival Phantasm

Then watxh Fate Apocrypha, Extra, and the Heavens Feel movie as they air. If you like Illya or lolis or need a Fate fix you can add Prisma Illya to the list

>I want to get into Fate

Go fuck yourself

Been a Fate fan for years, didnt play any games besides FGO and Extra. People telling you to read the VN are beimg elitest, you don‘t have to the anime are very well done...well except Deen obviously.

Question.

I've read about Karna and he sounds like a cool guy. Please tell me Apocrypha is as awesome as TV Tropes describes it, or is it really ruined by the MC?

Ah yes, watch Carnival Phantasm without Tsukihime knowledge and nevermind the several Heaven's Feels spoilers in it.

Read the VN if you want to get into Fate. Anything else is a mistake.

You're not a Fate fan.

>Don't listen to the fags telling you that you need to read the VN you dont need to do so to enjoy the series
>Been a Fate fan for years
>People telling you to read the VN are beimg elitest, you don‘t have to
>anime are very well done
>UBW very well done

Are you guys stupid or something?

Of course the anime are well done. That doesnt mean that the VN isnt the best form of the franchise though. It has nothing to do with being elitist its about answering the question. The best into to Fate is the VN.

Read the VN, enjoyed it a lot, watched zero, haven't touched anything besides that and don't intend to. Am i doing alright?

:3

Don't start with Fate/Zero otherwise everything else from this franchise will look like shit in comparison

You did great. The Unlimited Blade Works adaptation isn't terrible for people who already read the VN and fully understand Shirou. There are some nice bits like Ilya's familiars, a nice visualization of Shirou's answers, and a pretty cool epilogue but you got the most important parts, mainly reading the VN first, down.

Based. You're a true patrician

>want to get into something
>doesn't even intend to try original
Gee, I dunno. Read a wiki, and/or Carnival Phantasm, Illya, Zero. Wouldn't actually matter.

This

The ONLY way to get into fate is to read the VN.
You are like a guy who says that he want to get into Star Wars but refuse to watch the original trilogy because it's "too old".

I wanted to watch UBW but then i thought "hey if you want to experience UBW again then just go and reread VN UBW" and then "well, reread the whole thing then" and now i'm doing this every year or so. Such a shame to hear what Nasu is doing with his franchise tho.

With the difference, that a VN is a diffent medium, a medium I simply dislike to the point where I don't want to read one.

Fuck off, then

The UBW was really well done I don't understand and your bitching. Shirou is an asshole in the VN and in the anime

Optimal: Start with the VN --> Fate/Zero --> UBW

Alternative: FSN (2006) --> Fate/Zero --> UBW
The Deen adaptation is optional though. Fate/Zero should be wayched before UBW though. The series was directed like that.

>don't understand all your bitching

Even if you've read the VN, I'd say UBW is worth watching for the action alone.

Don't get into Fate then. You'll just have a gimped and incomplete experience. The Fate route of the VN was even given out for free on mobile in Japan to prepare viewers for the Unlimited Blade Works adaptation.

The VN is the only introduction to Fate.

So uhh...Why is Ufotable not developing Fate/Apocrypha again? Too busy with HF?

And some people REALLY dislike old movies. Doesn't make it less of a fool errand.
Your refusal simply make you unable to get into fate. Watch something else.

the Fate/Zero anime is decent
the Fate/Stay Night visual novel is great, but slow paced and hard to read and not recommended for everyone
the Fate/Stay Night anime adaptations are all mediocre and boring, and fail to capture what makes the visual novel good
any other Fate related material is sellout merchandise and complete trash with no artistic merit
and opinion other than this one is objectively wrong

stay night sucks
zero is good

Why though? What's so unappealing in the VNs?

Probably endless cooking segments.

Pretty much. They're also doing Touken Ranbu this summer.

The VN is not only the proper introduction but also the best part of the franchise. You're an idiot if you want to somehow get into Fate without it.

You can't force good people to do bad things.

Just watch Prisma and fap to the lolis

It is shit, you are better off not watching it

I dislike consuming reading media through computer screens. Not a fan of reading manga on PC either.

Nobody cares. Kill yourself.

Delete this thread already, mods, holy shit.

>The UBW was really well done
It's arguable. Regardless the F/SN can only work as a VN, so it's only Ufotable fault up to a certain point. Anyway:
>all 3 routes are important to each other. Each route set up mysteries the one following answer. You can't just experience one in isolation, it doesn't work.
>Death ends are important. Without them, Shirou doesn't feel weak, and neither does the HGW feels dangerous.
>People complain about the SoL segments, but it's those that give weight to the more plotty ones.
>No Tiger Dojo. I think everybody that has played the VN love that shit.
>Both the pacing and atmosphere are all fucked up in the anime.
>No inner monologues, when the whole point of the VN is to explore Shirou as a character.

And then i thought you had somewhat decent reasons. It has visuals and voice and most importantly one of the if not the best OSTs to it. I'd say it's a far stretch to call a VN a reading material. Jokes on you.

YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW, you american brainlet.

>you actually think that cancer like this isn't posting from a phone

Maybe as someone who watched the anime (2006, UBW, and Zero) before reading the VN I can shine a light here, since both camps are heavily bias.

You do not NEED to read the VN. The plot is perfectly easy to follow just watching the anime, and in fact the anime do a good job of covering the source material. This is not an Umineko case. Even if you do read the N it is worth watching the anime because the action scenes are great. So yes, you can enjoy Fate without reading the VN, you won't be lost =and it is perfectly enjoyable unlike what most VNfags will lead you to believe

However, the only case for reading the novel over the anime is the fact that the Fate route which is arguably the most important one (not best, just important) is not animated (Well it is, but it's shit). If you really want Saber's story and everything it is best to read the VN. That or suffer through the shit Deen made, or just wiki it if you are super lazy. But the Fate route is important.

Overall I say watch the anime first, then just play the Fate route (no need to play UBW or Heaven's Feel unless you can't be bothered to wait for the movies)

You can read it on Android or iOS

Playing Devil advocate's here, the DEEN anime wasn't complete crap. They did some things really well like the OST and how each song fit the situation they were inserted in.

And i say all filthy secondaries should kill themselves for not bothering to look for and sit through the source material before going in the adaptation.

>I want to get into Japanese culture. Haven't learned Japanese and I don't intend to.
>I want to get into writing. Haven't learned how to read and I don't intend to.
>I want to get into living. Haven't learned how to breathe and I don't intend to.

This is how fucking retarded you sound. Fucking kill yourself.

I want to thank everyone who answered seriously and didn't act like an autistic monkey.

As the DEEN anime was my first exposure to the series, yeah the OST was fucking great. Saber dying in the end really broke me for weeks.

>i want to thank everyone who fueled my autism and didn't act like a people with some brains and taste.

Just watch Fate/Zero. Everything else is crap.

I'll admit the OST was fantastic, and at the time I watched it I didn't hate it I actually liked it. But that was back in like 2008, it has not aged well.

>You should read a 100+ hour long VN to decide if you like a series or not

No, fuck off. I am not reading something for a dozen hours before it gets good when I can just watch the anime. If you want people to like Fate the VN is actually a bad introduction because it takes forever to get the ball rolling and it drags on forever on mundane boring shit. I wanted to fucking shoot myself through all the cooking bullshit, it isn't that well written. I'll grant it that once shit does start happening it is 10/10 amazing and hype as fuck, but most people who don't even know if they like the series or not yet don't have the patience to sit through hours of shit instead of watching 2-3 episodes and forming an opinion from there.

You're welcome OP, don't let the autistic screeching banshees scare you away, it's a really good series no matter how you choose to enjoy it.

Nah, it should be Zero, UBW, and then HF. There's a reason why ufotable did Zero first.

The story starts with Fate/Zero. I think Stay/Night comes next, but after fate/zero they got new writters and just sequelled the crap out of it I think. Fate/zero is really good, tried watching some of Stay/Night and thought it was really mediocre. All in all though, at least watch Fate/Zero

>i'm trasuring muh time
>muh most people
Yeah no. If your "opinion" is based of the adaptation it's fundamentally corrupted and should be discarded immediately. if you don't have time or patience to sit through the source material first you should't take half-assed approach.

Which Stay Night are you referring to? the 2014 one?

No, you just play the fucking game and then shitpost who's the best girl

Tell that to the millions of Fate fans who only care about Grand Order and everyone else that only recommends Zero and Extra

Honestly just watch Zero and realize that the rest of the franchise is pseudointellectual powerlevel garbage for pubescent children

>since both camps are heavily bias.
You realize you are in one of those camps?
Of course you didn't enjoy the VN that much, since you already ruined that for yourself.

Is this a copy pasta or did you make this bait yourself?

If you do not wish to play the VN, you do not wish to get into Fate.
You will not understand any of the concepts that make the universe work, because they are explained by the VN.

Anyone have a DL/Torrent for the VN Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] edition?

>If you watch read one before the other you are ruined

The fact that you believe that just shows how interchangeable the VN and anime are, they are both really good. I watched the Umineko anime before I read the VN and trust me, the VN is immeasurably better.

I'm not saying I am completely unbias, but I do think I can see both sides better than most people here who are just screaming "VN IS BETTER!" at the top of their lungs. Either way I think you will enjoy the series, but for those who don't like to read VNs it makes no sense to tell them to read the FSN VN or fuck off when the anime is just as good.

>anime is just as good
Except that's false.

Just watch Fate Zero.
Everything else is trash.

They're also explained in several other spinoffs and properties

But I don't think that reading the VN before the anime ruin the experience. In fact is the exact opposite. Zero wouldn't have been half the fun if I didn't read the VN before, and UBW is pointless if you haven't read the fate route before.

>People this retarded actually exist.
F/Z is a prequel. Stay Night existed before it
>t.secondary
They had no reason. Ufotable just didn't had the rights for F/SN since they were still with DEEN

While everyone questions their sexuality for Astolfo, I question mine with GARcher. They fantasize about giving that girly boy's wittle chinchin a lick or a suck, while I fantasize about touching and licking his body of steel all over, feeling the heat of his fiery blood while I appreciate and admire his six pack and make his huge 11 inch harder and stronger than Artoria, Rin, Sakura, Taiga, Illya, Medusa or even Lancer's gay bulge can ever achieve. I just hope GARcher doesn't fake it while we do a mana transfer cuz he is a Faker.

>Because everyone is a pleb you must be one too
Shitty mentality

This guy gets it.

People like are idiots. Time is valuable and the VN is NOT a good use of your time. There are certainly some media where the original source is worthwhile. FSN is not one of them. It's incredibly bloated and the additional information you get about the world can be acquired online.

Then don't get into Fate

Then why are you even asking? Fuck off.

How about you fuck yourself? The VN is enjoyable even more so If you don't know anything about it, it's the ideal way to be introduced to Fate
>b-but it's long
It reads just like your typical fantasy book, you won't be wasting time if you enjoy it

>I want to get into Fate

Do yourself a favor and don't

Anime only

Start with the Deen anime -> UBW (2014) -> HF -> Zero

The VN is great, but it's understandable that you'd be hesitant since VNs are a little hard to get into. A word of advice is that F/SN is probably the most entry-level and easy to read VN out there, and there are tons of guides out there that'll keep you from fucking up and getting a bad ending. You SHOULD read the VN if you're planning on getting into Fate. That said, if you're still apprehensive about reading the VN, then here's what I recommend:

Start off with watching Fate/Zero. It's the best way to get your toes wet and get introduced to the Nasuverse. And contrary to popular opinion, it WON'T ruin the VN for you. In fact, it'll give you a greater appreciation of the VN if you start with Zero. After you finish Zero, then read the VN.

If you can't bring yourself to read the entire VN, then at least finish Fate (Saber's route) and then move on to the Unlimited Blade Works anime and then wait for the Heaven's Feel movies.

Contrary to popular opinion on Sup Forums, ufotable's version of UBW is a great adaptation. Autists complain that it ruined Shirou's character only because they relied less on Shirou's inner monologue to convey his character. The anime instead follows the "show don't tell" rule and conveys his character visually rather than relying on exposition. It's simply the difference in storytelling between text and screenplay, and it's baffling that some idiots still don't realize this.

We don't know how the Heaven's Feel movies are gonna be, but they''ll most definitely be shat on by Sup Forums.

Don't watch Deen's adaptation of Fate or UBW. They suck.

anyone have torrent link for Realta Nua edition?

Only a few contrarians hate UBW anime anyway. Most people liked it overall judging by the threads when it was airing.

I'm saying it's dumb to try and force any one way to get around this franchise

GTFO

Well for contrarians, they are very vocal contrarians.

Will there ever be an updated version of this image?

UBW works as a a sequel just fine, especially as a sequel to Zero since it follows the themes of heroism and sacrifice.

>Ufotable just didn't had the rights for F/SN since they were still with DEEN
That's not how anime rights work at all

Par for the course then.

Literally just search for it on one of the Nyaa replacements. Pick the one that actually has seeders

>It reads just like your typical fantasy book

No, the filler in it is extremely poorly written actually. The typical fantasy book doesn't have several chapters dedicated to cooking and having a stroll around town or entire pages of exposition. You are over hyping the VN. It is very good, but the major problem is how non-concise it is, like 30% of it could be cut out or shortened.