Now that the manga is almost completely released in english...

Now that the manga is almost completely released in english, how long until someone butchers the shit out of it into an anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OoK1djQYHmg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd like Madhouse to do it

Madhouse? But literally why? What has madhouse done that is anywhere similar? Madhouse is for action. Same with TRIGGER.

Didn't they work on Monster, Tatami Galaxy, Texhnolyze, Kon's films and other things?

Actually you're right they did. I don't know about the work on Monster being a good example, but you're right about Tatami Galaxy. Perhaps they could pull it off.

Is that Death Grips reference?

Monster had a great OST, and some scenes were very good even if the anime itself is mediocre.

I actually wouldn't mind a long running anime adaption that captures the atmosphere of the manga.

Yes.

Punpun itself would probably only have enough for 13 or 16 episodes. They would try to cram 8 chapters an episode I'm almost certain even though it would be a terrible idea. A lot of panels in Punpun are establishing shots that would really do well to be lingered on. For instance the driving school scene where he sees aiko for the first time again. That shot would need to be like 10 to 15 seconds long. For that reason alone I think 8 chapters would be too much.

It's risky, if done wrong, could be a huge mess and just god awful and awkward. But if done right (no idea how) it could be a masterpiece of anime and might outshine all the other bullshit that's out there.

Let Anno handle it.

If done wrong it could be the most awkward shit ever, you're right.

How about whoever that did Ping Pong?
Rotoscoped ofc.

If they did it in the way pingpong then my waifu won't be pretty

Aiko is better than Sachi

I think shaft could do alright with it, although shaft + punpun might end up being overwhelmingly pretentious.

It ended ages ago in Japan, why would you think an irrelevant English release would get it an adaptation?

Sales proving that it is big enough with a western audience to constitute an adaptation.

Pluto got one even though it ended earlier than Punpun. Though I don't think Asano will allow it.

Asano doesn't have that kind of pull. He's still a small time mangaka. Though well respected in his field he's not bringing in enough money to deny an anime adaptation and you know it.

Ahahaha, you can't be serious. Big enough with a western audience is still absolutely irrelevant in Japan.

The best this could get you is Netflix buying the license and making a live action adaptation with a redneck Punpun in Tennessee or something.

How much did the English release sell?

It was nominated for an Eisner so I assume so.

They never reveal because of how tiny it is in the west. Just made some arbitrary bestseller list.

Didnt Asano said he doesnt want an anime?

If he did I never saw it.

The should adapt DDD, it's more suited for anime

I would say no one would watch it, but it's more that I wouldn't watch it. I will however continue to read it.

We live in a world where Berserk and Death Note were outsold by Yu Yu Hakusho and Inuyasha.

Faglord has to maintain his faggy looks. He needs to get that adaptation monies

>that shirt

Why do Sup Forums and /fa/ faggots have to latch on to this and ruin it.

I dropped it. Why bother animating it.

Death Note was shit.

And Yu Yu Hakusho was good.

t. contrarian

A contrarian is one who says that YYH is bad.

What about a high quality movie trilogy?

I'd watch it.

Don't know why you would think the manga being in English would have anything to do with it getting an Anime.

Only if it's directed by Yuasa.

it would need good visuals and fluid animation, really good sound design, with a lot of silences and enviromental sounds, rarely some sad tracks including the song from the school about flying. With a strict pacing and no censorship it would be GOAT.

Song from the school about flying? Are you talking about Tsubasa Wo Kudosai? Thats a real song. Really famous too. It was even in an evangelion movie. It's really pretty, you should give it a listen.

SHAFT should do ovas covering his childhood, adolescence and young adulthood.

oh it's THAT song? are you shitting me? I know that song

Yeah it's beautiful as fuck. Really famous in Japan as a bittersweet folk song from what I can gather.

I would like to see only road-movie arc animated as a full-length film. And an ending where there is no Sachi to save punpun.

That would be the best route.

>Tsubasa Wo Kudosai
i cri errytime

>to save punpun
The best part of the story is that divided people, into the ones who believe Punpun was saved and the ones who think it was the opposite. I don't know why you would want to ignore the point of the ambiguity of life.

I am now considering doing a punk cover of Tsubasa Wo Kudosai.

Do it. I'm pretty much every single act has covered it at some point though.

A quick youtube search only turns up this, youtube.com/watch?v=OoK1djQYHmg

I'm not into punk so much, so not sure if it qualifies

why does the guy on the left have no face?
This is retarded

What does this have to do with anything I said? All these four manga sold in the range between 30-50 million copies, so all of the are mainstream huge.

Nothing in the west can even come close to it.

It would just sounds like the K-On cover but with more shouty vocals.

What the fuck is wrong with his head?

Cancer

Ping pong was emulating it's manga's artstyle so I'm sure Yuasa would do the same with Pun Pun if he got it (mostly).

Everybody would fuck it up. Shaft would fuck it up most since they think they can take artistic liberty with literally anything.

They can't do any worse than the source material.

>wasting madhouses resources with this crap
Please no.

(you)

So a Netflix Original Series(tm) by Polygon?

This kinda tripe is actually popular?

>Adaptation of the manga implies genderbender
>Punpuna is now bi
>At least one lesbian relationship
>And a rape attempt
>Punpuna kills her God as a symbol of killing the falocentric represive system
>She becomes a popular tumblr-comic artist

Punpun being bi is actually believable at least. I could see him fucking another dude and vice versa if he's in the right mindset. Im actually kind of surprised it never happened as some sort of self-punishment.

IMO an anime adaptation of Punpun would just ruin the story of the manga. The manga was long enough to explain a lot of Punpun's life and how it was like for him growing up. You'd have to consider making a lot of episodes to tell the whole story, and you wouldn't want to cut or rush anything. It'd be on the lines of becoming a large anime like Naruto and One Piece.

Are you kidding me? It's only 13 volumes. I think you for some reason think it's longer than it is.

Adaptations should always take artistic liberty otherwise they end up being fucking garbage

he looks exactly like that blonde guy of I am a hero