I finally read this fight after seeing you guys complain about this for so long and... it wasn't that bad?

I finally read this fight after seeing you guys complain about this for so long and... it wasn't that bad?
It makes perfect sense to me, Hisoka is a genius Nen user and used his own Nen to force his heart to beat again (I could easily see Killua doing the same, because of the nature of his power). Because he died, his nen became stronger, but after he forced himself to revive he kept the upgrade which is a genius way of making a powerup using something that was already established.

What's so bad about this? Did I get tricked by memes?

>did I get tricked by memes?
yes. hxhfags have nothing to post so they post this.

O

>Because he died, his nen became stronger, but after he forced himself to revive he kept the upgrade

Why do people keep thinking that Hisoka's nen is stronger overall because he died? That's not how nen works.

MY

Because they misunderstand the "Nen gets stronger after death" clause.

> making a poweru
We have yet to see how that goes. I personally find it hard to believe he actually a power up, looks more like he's about to die at any moment.

The idea is that the Nen itself becomes stronger not the user. Kind of like how Pitou's Nen became stronger.

No, it doesn't make sense. He should be a fucking vegetable after the bullshit resurrection.

The problem is that simply having your heart restart doesn't reverse any brain death that would've occurred while it was stopped. Not to mention he was burned to a crisp. Restarting your heart and lungs is one thing, but reversing brain death due to lack of oxygen is a whole different thing.

My biggest problem with this is how he healed himself up with just nen afterwards.

Not really.

This.

It's not so much that "nen gets lastingly stronger by dying" per se, it's that being near death puts on in an emotional/mental state which ca gives rise to much stronger nen contracts.

In the same way that Gon-san was only possible because Gon had reached such a heightened emotional state from Pitou's betrayal, being on the brink of death strongly boosts the possibilities for any sort of last ditch effort nen contract you might issue that you wouldn't normally have the strength of will to be able to seal.

He didn't really heal himself, he just patched up his injuries with aura. His face is still totally fucked up and he's still missing limbs.

He didn't heal himself. Machi mended his corpse, and after "muh rubber nen" revived Hisoka he obfuscated the state his body was with texture surprise on a surface smoothed out with bungee gum.

I hope he is like dead wife from American Gods.

He is "alive" but his body is dead. Maggots, bacteria, and the likes are all feeding off his flesh while it's currently rotting and held together by rubber and gum

Unless Machi is controlling Hisoka with her wires or "O MY RUBBER NEN" has somehow gained sentience both of which are unlikely Hisoka is just straight up alive again except with heavy burns so kinda like Darkman.

Because hunters didn't show super human capabilities before at all, right? 11 years old Killua pushing 64 tons is completely fine but Hisoka reviving after death after some minutes after his heart received stimuli(something that actually happens in real life) is not?

You're trying way too fucking hard to find a problem where there is none.

It's literally written "Nen becomes stronger after death", word by word.

See

That's just speculation.

This is what the manga says. After you die, nen becomes stronger. This was also established before with Kurapika.

You're right but he's right too. That's why the Troupe didn't chase Kurapika at Yorkshin, because if they killed him his nen would've gotten stronger after dying and would've killed Chrollo. Same with Pito attacking Gon while she's beheaded

So far we've only really seen nen imbued with strong resolve become stronger after death, like when Pitou's resolve to protect the king made Pitou's Terpsichora stronger, or how the Troupe couldn't kill Kurapika in case his curse became stronger. Hisoka didn't have much resolve to not die considering he said "since i'm going to die, I might as well use this", nor did he have much animosity towards the Troupe. It wouldn't make sense for his nen to become stronger simply through dying. My guess is that he imbued instructions to his nen to expand/contract to resuscitate himself after his death.

or maybe, nen becomes stronger after death. Period. Just like the manga says.
Stop overcomplicating simply things.

Nen is magic, and from the looks of things, considering Alluka and Dark Continent, it seems like some kind of "equivalent trade" monkey paw bullshit eldritch lovecraftian magic.
If that's the case, it would make sense for it get stronger if you sacrifice something great, or even stronger if you sacrifice your life. Thus, death makes nen stronger, just like the manga says.

It's a fucking shonen-manga about magic you autist
People can fight at sound speed and destroy buildings

Yes, but again, that's only if the person dies bearing some sort of strong grudge or dying wish or something like that.

Remember, Nen is ultimately a manifestation of will that is dependent upon a combination of training and mental/emotional strength. Nen can get stronger through death specifically because death heightens the sense of purpose attached to certain Nen commandments. For example, with your dying breath, wanting to take your enemy with you (i.e. Pitou fighting Gon), or having a vendetta that you'll stake your entire life on (i.e. Kurapica). It was very specific Nen that was strengthened (or potentially strengthened) by death in those cases; Nen that had been specifically tasked with exacting a final task.

I don't think the point is that dying just makes all your nen universally stronger, it's that death bolsters resolve and can make specific final/ultimate nen ultimatums that much stronger. Same probably happened with whoever Chrollo killed to get that Sun/Moon power.

That makes sense and sounds nice, but again, it's just speculation and everything points it to be wrong.

Death by itself makes nen stronger, and we have evidence towards that with Hisoka's.
Why? Because it's dark magic or some shit. Nen is obviously wall more than manifestation of will, see Alluka. If Nen isn't sentient, it's at least ministered by a sentient entity, like some Lovecraftian God that enjoys people fucking themselves up for power. If that wasn't the case, people could just cheat out Nen.

I don't understand why people resist to strongly the fact that nen is magic.
NEN
IS
MAGIC
Alluka fucking BENDS reality. One of Chrollo powers creates a fucking POCKET DIMENSION.

NANI