If she is the strongest meguca, why did she get BTFO so easily? Why did she go insane so easily?

If she is the strongest meguca, why did she get BTFO so easily? Why did she go insane so easily?

She's not the strongest. That title goes to Madoka and followed by Kyouko
She just happened to be the most experienced

She was super strong because her fate was to die in that car crash, and the magical girls are stronger the larger the misery their fate has in store for them. Because her wish completely changed her fate, her misery of being fated to be alone (as the crash killed her entire family) made her extremely powerful while also being her biggest weakness

Like Sayaka and originally Madoka, their fates was just to live normal and dull lives, they weren't supposed to be strong.

pre-Goddess/time magic Madoka wasn't unusually strong, and Kyoko was Mami's apprentice

I know. Kyoko was stronger than her still.

Also, since Mami makes all of her guns with ribbon, why does she limit herself to single-shot muskets instead of making huge machine guns and stuff like that?

says who

It was eplained on the game - she can't comprehend how those guns work.

Not that it would increase her power anyway as it would shoot the same caliber of magical bullets

Isn't it obvious?
Mami's power is being an allrounder.
Sayaka is a Healer
Kyouko has everything on offense

Same could be asked why does Kyoko only use spears when she could just use whips.

I assume it's because they're limited to a specific material that is used to create one weapon. The only reason why Homura used guns and explosives is because her magical weapon was a shield.

>BTFO so easily
>survived a whole year while sayaka, homura and kyouko lasted a week at most

>go insane so easily
>survived a whole year watching comrades/civilians dying in front of her every single night

Kyoko fucked Mami up pretty good in The Different Story despite not being as knowledgeable about fighting

Actually it was like 2 years. She was supposedly 13 when she became Meguca.

Mami didn't want to hurt her apprentice. If she wanted she could have put her Razor Wire literally everywhere and had her chopped to bits with a mere tug.

>Same could be asked why does Kyoko only use spears when she could just use whips.
I always thought that Kyubey just handed her a spear and said "here's your weapon: it's a spear that can be as big as you want, and it also splits into a whip. You can also make as many of them as you want. Have fun!"

Mami was meguca for 2-3 years, she was 100% alone for a year before meeting the MCs of the show

Actually she can make cannons and shotguns, or rather load shotgun rounds into her muskets. She can make handguns as well, a Revolver or a Repeater isn't out of the question, she just didn't think she could at that point in time.

>homura, and kyouko lasted a week at most
what

also it's not like witches appear every day. do you know how stupidly insane Mitakihara's murder/disappearance rate would be if that were true? it would be the murder capital of the world, and people would be wondering how many serial killers must live in the city such that they have to send out amber alerts literally every 24 hours

mami never really engage in fights against the megucas, specially her friends
she was shooting aimlessly against kyouko in TDS
she was shooting homura's bullets instead of targeting her in rebellion

which makes my point even stronger

redoing the same week over and over again is not comparable to surviving for 3 years

she may not fight witches but she patrols the city every single night which is stressful

Every magical girl had a weapon with some sort of extra quirk as well as a unique ability related to the fate they wished to defy.

Homura had the infinite storage on her shield. Mami's guns could be created and used so long as the ribbon was intact. Kyoko could freely control her weapon so long as it was a spear. Sayaka's weapon didn't have a quirk but she did have complete 3D movement no matter the battlefield. We don't know the quirk Madoka's weapon had, maybe it was stronger based on her emotions, who knows

>redoing the same week over and over again is not comparable to surviving for 3 years
Actually I think Homura says its a month.

>she may not fight witches but she patrols the city every single night which is stressful
Yes it is, but she does it anyway BECAUSE SHE'S BATMAMI.

>mami never really engage in fights against the megucas, specially her friends
Are there magical girls out there who specced for pvp?

still not comparable to mami's experience

no, she does it because she needs grief seeds to cleanse her soulgem
the heroic stance she adopted was just a persona she made up to help her cope with her loneliness

Suzune.

>no, she does it because she needs grief seeds to cleanse her soulgem
That's one reason, but she only knew it as "it refills your magic".

>the heroic stance she adopted was just a persona she made up to help her cope with her loneliness
She legitimately gave a shit about Mitakihara and its people. Don't underestimate her caring about others, because she honestly did. She adopted her Heroic Persona because she felt it would help her be a better Magical Girl and help her cope with fighting Witches.

>She legitimately gave a shit about Mitakihara and its people

yes, then she started questioning herself if her actions are really to protect people or just a defense mechanism

this is the real tragedy here; mami doesn't need a lesbian girlfriend or a pet loli, just a hug and "ur a gud girl mami-san" from a close friend

who is this

Homura
>Time stop GG
Mami needed to prepare in order to counter time stop. Madoka requires Homura time loops to power up. Sayaka is a shitter with a sword and the ability to heal a bit. Kyoko is a shitter with a spear and the ability to shoot fire sometimes. Be honest, if you had to pick between these powers you would pick the ability to time stop for 10 minutes or so.

Wouldn't healing powers be super common among the meguca? You'd think that "I wish for _____ to get better" is a popular wish.

>implying I wouldn't be a dick ass thief

Time stop is good only against fellow magical girls.
Against a witch, your power is limited by what human weapon you have at disposal

Mami's Tiro Finale is more powerful than any railgun.

>Mami's Tiro Finale is more powerful than any railgun.
That is public, mind you. We technically have some pretty nasty Plasma Railguns, but we aren't "supposed to know" about those.

Does not matter. Those are all complex weapons that demand special care and a huge amount of power.

A magical girl can deal the same or even greater damage at the cost of mana which can be refilled using just a grief seed

She is Suzune Amano from Puella Magi Suzune Magica, which is a Madoka spinoff manga. She hunts Meguca, and kills a lot in the manga.

Is the manga good?

I never got to read it.

>She hunts Meguca, and kills a lot in the manga

what do you think

it sounds edgy but Madoka is edgy so thats not a good metric

It finally has a Meguca who fists things, is that good enough?

How are ribbons and guns a reflection of the wish "please save my life?"

Tiro Finale must take up a lot of magic power though, hence why it's not Tiro Spam.
The advantage of Homura's method is that her weapons don't take magic to use.

Didn't Madoka survive/won against Walpurgisnacht while Mami died in the first time line?

they all got btfo

no
walpurgisnacht cannot be defeated using "normal" magical girl powers

Her powers are ribbon based, the guns are ribbon constructs. -and she supposedly got ribbons from how she worded her wish to Kyubei. "I want to connect to life" or something like that that completely and utterly doesn't match how someone would talk when they are dying.

Similiarly, Sayakas is formed because she wanted weapons simliar to Mamis, I think. So she makes Swords instead of Guns... Which is weird because Mami had to learn how to make Guns, yet Sayaka somehow gets Swords with triggers that can fire off the blade from the hilt. Yet, she never does that, from what I recall.

Well, she did something to it to drive it away while Mami died right off. Otherwise, Homura would have died from Walpurgisnacht rampaging in the city.

People say they got "rekt", but I recall somewhere saying that Mami did very well against the 1st Witches Night.

>"Please let me live" is worded as "Please allow me to reconnect with/be tied to life"
Is Mami a chuuni?

Didn't Mami let her win during their rematch?

Or is just doesn't care about killing everyone
It seems fairly indiscriminate, it might have just had enough fun and left

>tiro finale
>outfit looks like something from fascist italy

isn't it obvious

She does the sword-gun thing once, against Elly. It's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it thing though.

>Mami's outfit is from fascist italy

can we all agree that mami-san is super cute and deserves a happy ending?

Honestly, who knows. But the fact that Madoka survived longer than Mami in that timeline goes to show Madoka is at the very least on par with her.

I don't get the appeal

Madoka survived because Mami took that hit for her, that's what killed her.

Yes, I agree. I love Mami.

At the end, but Kyoko gave her a second chance before in the fight

Or Mami decided she had to be cool in front of her kouhais and went ahead

Hmm, where have I heard this before

Is there any way to let Mami know the truth without breaking her mind and soul like an egg?

Give her an ethic course and a crisis management formation beforehand. But that'd solve a lot of things no matter what anime.
Also tie her up until you've convinced her to postpone her suicide to hunt for more witches.

>Also tie her up until you've convinced her to postpone her suicide to hunt for more witches.
>friday evening bondage sessions take an unexpected detour