"A well regulated militia, being the best security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms...

"A well regulated militia, being the best security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

A well regulated militia.

Wouldn't that imply regulation, not just a bunch of assholes having at each other.

Other urls found in this thread:

bearingarms.com/bob-o/2014/06/24/well-regulated/
constitution.org/cons/wellregu.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A non regulated militia is the second best security of a free state

irish are not humans

/thread

It means weapons are REQUIRED for a well regulated militia.

Now that ONLY well regulated militias get weapons.

Learn to read, potato-nigger.

...the right of the people...
There’s the qualifier you dumb Mic
No potatoes for a week

Fuck off. Shall not be infringed. Who do you think makes up the Militia anyways? The government? No, the people. We need guns to do that

>the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
WOAH REALLY MADE ME THINK

>Shall not be infringed.
I'm pretty sure your government is shitting all over your gun rights as it is

well regulated means well equipped

Cuck
Well regulated means well armed and ready to fight.

It doesn’t mean controlled by a government you nanny state sad pathetic excuse for a man. Also militia just means non military.

Dumbass potato nigger

>Wouldn't that imply regulation.
No.

No. The term “well regulated” meant in working order. Just because regulation today means government oversight doesn’t mean the meaning of the law as written changes. It also doesn’t make sense to imply the term well regulated means government regulation if you read the Federalist Papers. It would be contrary to the meaning of the words militia and free state as well.

Well regulated means trained. There are mountains of materials that cover this, faggot. Do you really fucking think that you're the first nigger to make this lame argument?

that breakfast is not balanced at all though. where are the fruits or vegetables

The first clause is the reason why the right of the people to keep arms shall not be infringed.
You can't have a militia if the people aren't armed.
Even if we disregard the Constitutional definition of militia (the people) US code states all males 17-45 are part of the militia.

The militia is the citizenry of the United States. The militia is well regulated by our system of law

And drilled.

>A well regulated militia.
Militia= able bodied adults
Well regulated= firearms kept in good working order.

>The right of the people
Irish drunkard, shut the fuck and go back to growing my potatoes.

when your country is overrun with shitskins you're going to wish you were allowed to own a gun, potatonigger

its an american breakfast

Look up what "regulated" meant
B8 and saged

Learn to grammar potatonigger

No.

>The following are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, and bracket in time the writing of the 2nd amendment:

> 1709: "If a liberal Education has formed in us well-regulated Appetites and worthy Inclinations."

> 1714: "The practice of all well-regulated courts of justice in the world."

> 1812: "The equation of time ... is the adjustment of the difference of time as shown by a well-regulated clock and a true sun dial."

> 1848: "A remissness for which I am sure every well-regulated person will blame the Mayor."

> 1862: "It appeared to her well-regulated mind, like a clandestine proceeding."

> 1894: "The newspaper, a never wanting adjunct to every well-regulated American embryo city."

>The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.

How else are they going to fight effectively numbnuts?

"Regulated" has a different meaning when applied to military matters. It means organized, equipped, or trained.

I'll put it into words even a potato nigger can understand:
"A good militia is necessary for the defense of the country, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed."

Or, let's use an analogy:
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a good day, the right of the people to keep and eat bacon shall not be infringed."
Who has a right to bacon? The people? Or the breakfast?

In any case, it's irrelevant. I own guns because nobody has the right to tell me what I can and cannot own or say, and if you try to take my guns I will blow your fucking brains out.

Says the child of a bolshevik rape

There are only three slices of bacon. It's already starvation tier rationing. What else do you want?

Every Irish person worth a damn moved to America, now the only ones left are gun shy little fags like you.

Why is it that America seems to be the only country who can actually read?

A well regulated breakfast, being the most important part of a healthy diet, the right of the people to buy and prepare food, shall not be infringed.

You can only have food for the purposes of a well regulated breakfast. Our founding fathers never intended you to have lunch.

Also, you only have the right to the same kind of food that was available back in the 1700s. Our founding fathers weren't thinking of egg McMuffin muffins when they wrote the law.

"and who are the militia, they are the whole people."

Maybe in commiefornia

Regulated means functional, working properly, etc. in the parlance of the day, potato nigger

>and if you try to take my guns I will blow your fucking brains out.

hope that goes well for you

A well balanced breakfast, being the start of a good day, the right of the people to eat soy, shall not be infringed.

Who has a right to eat soy, the balanced breakfast or the people?

well-regulated -> ready to go
militia -> population of able bodied males
shall not be infringed -> shall not be infringed

Training, which is not a requirement for the right to bear arms as per the Second Amendment.

Regulated had a different meaning when the Bill of Rights was written. It basically means you have to keep your weapons in top shape, meaning you clean then and keep them locked up secure and out of reach of children. And the word militia refers to American citizens

Then why does it say "well regulated"?

Burgers are just being good Marxists. Leave them alone, OP.

See

It probably won't but I don't care. I'm not a cucked serf like you Europeans. You fags don't fight for your rights because you don't realize just how enslaved you really are.
>inb4 hurrr durrrr mutt meme
That's really the only comeback Eurocunts have.

This is partially correct, yes you had to be supplied with a sufficient weapon and it had to be in good working order, but you also had to show up to the annual drills.

>fruits and vegetables
Yes goy, a cheap diet of corn and soy is the optimal human diet! After all, it’s what we fee the rest of our cattle.

Another one.

Commiefornian here can confirm they get more inventive by the day.but if recent talk is anything to go on the states days are number and we shall return to america.if not imma do somethin foolish

potato nigger btfo

Maybe in the Nasty Girls "Militia"

Are you claiming proper drilling and training is not a requirement to be "well regulated"?

In this national militia, unless you want an armed rabble.

danker maymay

The people are the militia you fucking idiot.

etc

its a very precisely worded document as are all legal works performed correctly

every word is important, as is the orded

Not in 1776 every man was assumed proficient (as it should be) all you had to do was be a certain age.

regulated pertained to militia ... which is my point

spotted the nu male

Well regulated means organization among themselves you Nimrod not government regulation

yes and the line says they should be regulated

the constitutional definition of militia is all able body adult male 17yrs old to 45yrs old.

>all you had to do was be a certain age
And be male, and have a sufficient wepon and show up to drills.
Just because you can shoot that doesn't mean you can fight.

>Wouldn't that imply regulation, not just a bunch of assholes having at each other.

I think its pretty well regulated, no nukes for example for militias

The RIGHT of the PEOPLE to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Indeed it is, and regulated meant supplied/armed. Look at the military definitions of regulars/irregulars

I don't know how many fucking times we're going to need to explain this before you all get it through your thick skulls, tho. Fuckin feel my brain cells atrophy every time I see this "argument"
The people = the militia
Well regulated = trained and equipped
Shall not be infringed = fuck off, you'll get my firearm from my cold dead hands.

>Well-regulated militia

Ever heard the phrase "the Virginia regulars"? Regulars are citizen soldiers with basic training as opposed to a rabble. not quite professional soldiers, but combat able

The legal definition of Militia, in both 1789 and 2018, is all able-bodied males above the age of 17

A well-regulated militia is a large and robust citizen army

So
>A large and robust citizen army, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Just fucking stop. Go home commie faggot. You have lost and always will lose this fight.

Regulated in 1700's meant "organised".

if you want to interpret the constitution literally Americans should all be training in local militia units on sundays.

He didnt say cut the meat, he said add vegetables, you overweight lardass.

Well regulated = well trained

>Cuck
>Well regulated means well armed and ready to fight.
>It doesn’t mean controlled by a government you nanny state sad pathetic excuse for a man. Also militia just means non military.
>Dumbass potato nigger

this

always a good, but scary laff when ignorant people forget/don't know the historical meanings of the most important phrases of the constitution.

it always pissed me off when that 'constitutional scholar' barack always tried to twist it's words when you damn well know he has literally had to sit through fucking lectures on exactly what each amendment meant, why it was added, and why it was worded exactly as it was

Pic related.
Sauce: bearingarms.com/bob-o/2014/06/24/well-regulated/

>THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS

SHALL

NOT

BE

INFRINGED

Well regulated means equipped and literally not retarded or mentally ill. Well regulated was a term that meant healthy in body and mind.

every one of us worth a lick of salt does this.

My dude, the trained soldiers are the regulars, the citizen soldiers are irregulars.

Well regulated meaning well equipped

The militia is necessary for the security of the free state and the upholding of the rights to bear arms

Spotted the obese non chad

The operative clause is "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." The "well-regulated militia" part is a preamble, not binding; it can properly be read as informing what ought to be done with the right, not as defining what the right is or whether or not it may be exercised.

Moreover,

>Wouldn't that imply regulation

Are you aware that the weapons are, in fact, extensively regulated throughout the country? e.g. background checks mandated nationwide, and many rules about where you're allowed to bring them, how you're allowed to carry them (including licensing processes), and which ones you're allowed to carry.

The only people in the U.S. doing the whole "a bunch of assholes having at each other" thing are niggers in the inner cities, and the overwhelming majority of their weapons are in fact illegally owned and illegally carried. And they get arrested and charged for these violations constantly.

Do other states really let you own things such as belt-fed machine guns, auto cannons, mortars and land mines?
Obviously, anything is obtainable as long as you've got enough money, but that's not real gun rights at all.

So what was the Continental Army?

It also meant "healthy". You could make the constitutional argument that unhealthy, mentally ill, or handicapped people shouldn't have access to arms. I'm ok with that.

Learn punctuation. Since a well regulated militia is essential, the right to bear arms by people therefore shall not be infringed, as it'd fuck with their ability to form militias and be properly equipped.

Oh. Well I still want that commie nigger to go home

>Do other states really let you own things such as belt-fed machine guns, auto cannons, mortars and land mines?
Yes, with federal approval, look up Class III licenses.

its trying but you can build a gun from say walmart or home depot fo r20 bucks and 15 minutes.

Whew, Lads.

Didn't know the Irish were Eurofags, too

>Britannia rules the waves
>Britons never will be slaves
>Definition of Slave: a person who is excessively dependent upon or controlled by something.
I thought you faggots will claim that you will never be slaves?
>being completely dependent on the government for your own personal safety
sounds like excessively dependent upon the government to me.

Who is the militia going to recruit, and regulate, if there are no armed citizens?

Also, see the latest attack that failed, DC v Heller.

>being the best security of a free state

That's not even what it literally says though.

>Wouldn't that imply regulation,
No. The fact that this document was founded by the Founding Father of the United States of America actually implies the direct opposite.. They weren't about regulating things the way governments like to regulate these days. Also look up uses of 'regulated' in 18th century US English.
>not just a bunch of assholes having at each other.
You mean like during the Troubles? Lot of good those regulations did your neighbors, eh?

And do you not see this as a major infringement on your freedom to own guns? There should be no need for the government to approve what you can own.

Spotted the libtard

Yes, yes it is. But its not worth revolting over. the US people definitively cucked on full autos and other larger weapon systems. We should be able to buy howitzers are wallmart, not just semi auto ARs.

All it does is weed out felons, schizos, and druggies and I'm all for that.

i own a tomahawk cruise missile i got from surplus in the 80s. I built them so it wasnt hard putting it back into service. just.. no where to point it. - yet. jet engines were easy, (rockets) mechaincals I do myself, electronices took a year bu ti managed an entire system. war head is. what ever it will be needed to be.
nsa don't even bother finding this address its long stored away safe in a bunker somewhere out west. its my pet in a way. I will never say where its at. NEVER. I did my service and built 3/4 of the tomahawk fleet as it is. I can build it from memory if need be, surplus was a lot easier so I didnt need to find all the old hydoform molds. All that stuff got sold off in 95 from GD, guess who bought them. So fuck off. go build your own.

Yes but the regulation was from the government. A well regulated militia means that they are trained and well equipped. Not that the tyrant would have a say what weapons they can have.

constitution.org/cons/wellregu.htm

its called a machine shop equip dumb ass , but most under 30 couldnt even figure out how to turn one on since its not a phone app.

They were US regular soldiers, Lexington and Concord were fought by the militia, US irregular troops and did well but could not hope to fight the British regulars in prolonged conflict as they were not as well trained or supplied, this lead to a campaign by Congress to supply and train volunteers into Federal Regulars (an important distinction) this was accomplished with European officers (Von Steuben) while the US irregulars (militia) would occasionally lend support from time to time, the US Regulars (Continental Army) did most of the fighting. As time went on the US would go on to have an irregular military (Independent militias) State armies and a voluntary Federal army only raised in time of war or great emergency, this is why Union soldiers in the Civil war were referred to as "Volunteers" and had "USV" on the belt, it's also why so many regiments were from x-State, they were seconded to the Federal Government, this did not change until 1914 and 1941.