Dragon Ball

People actually like this? How is this any different than your typical shonen shit like Naruto and One Piece?

that parody sucked

le random faces and jokes

much like the stupid parody that you posted a screenshot out of

le goku taking a crap is comedy genius like mario taking shrooms and getting drugged up and becoming a racist

I legit just wanted a really dumb and epic DB pic for the OP

Because it's genre defining shit.

Imma whoop all yo asses.
Mhmm.

gr8 b8 m8. I r8 0/8

One piece is fantastic, Naruto is shit. Dragon Ball was great, DBZ was okay, Super/GT is trash.

They did it first

It was pioneer to the production style your describing. Watching anything old without this in mind will be disappointing.
(Because figuring out the derivative nature of anime is part of learning to enjoy the medium. I don't care if bait, some entry level kiddie will hopefully read this, become slightly less stupid.)

Its a Seinfeld situation

The original work was so popular and genre defining that everyone and their dog copied it, now people who grew up watching works that copied the original think that the original is unoriginal shit

Dragonball was a comedy adventure with fighting in-between. Later evolved into more fighting than anything else.

One Piece is mostly an adventure with some comedic moments and fights.

Naruto a fighting shounen with barely any comedy. It's not even about adventure but more about some weird politics and morals. I don't even fucking know genres are most fitting for it.

Bleach is just fighting shounen if you want to complete the cycle-

I don't even know why you compare them like that. DB and OP have similar themes, but as soon as the timeskip in DB happens, it shifts to more fighting. Naruto is also very different. Plus the quality is different between all these

One Piece has some similarities to it.

Prefer it to Naruto though. Both are schlocky shit and all but DB has none of the teenage melodrama that's ingrained into Naruto and a lot of series like it.

i hate dbz memes

>TROLL WEAKLY
>WEAKLY
Shouldn't that be "weekly" ? Or is that supposed to be """part of the joke""" ?

All three of those manga are pretty different from each other. Dragon Ball defined the typical formula so it gets respect because of that. OP is closer to it than Naruto, but OP itself is pretty atypical for a popular shonen due to its highly stylized art, emphasis on world building/lore and character interactions instead of fights. I haven't read Naruto in ages, but it always had more angst than DBZ or OP.

Guys I watched Berserk and Bepop

What else looks like that style and is good?

How fucking new are you

Naruto's just shit so who even cares.

I know it's bait and fuck you for making it so enticing. Virtually all manga/anime of the past 10-20 years were influenced by DBZ. Naruto was heavily influenced by dbz. It literally did all the common shonen tropes first. I hate you and myself.

Freezer!!

Never came across that particular image.
I guess it's intentional then. It isn't funny, tho.

sauce on gif ?

Toryima's timeless art style, humor, overall imagination, and great action scenes does. Also doesn't try too hard by shoving in bullshit drama and surface level philosophy like certain other battle shounen does.

>virtually all manga/anime of the past 10-20 years were influenced by DBZ
What is virtually all anime to you? Battle shounen shit? Because a lot of these late night otaku anime, which is the majority of anime, don't really seem to take cues from Dragonball.

This basically why original dragon ball is so high up there, at the end of the day the manga and anime is just trying to entertain you

Parody was ironically crap.

Even though I found this moment to be highly relateable to me. God fucking damn it,
I try so hard and what seems to be a big doozey turns out to be a tiny little hamster turd.

Because it was their daddy, and Kinnikuman and FotNS was their grandaddy.

>How is this any different than your typical shonen shit like Naruto and One Piece?
It has much better artstyle.

If you are not shonen stop watching it, dumbass.
Also Naruto is best shonen that there was, bite me.

i liked it

are you fucking retarded or something? DB set the bar. It's the original Shonen you tard. everything else is a pale imitation of it.

>when you know you finished your shit and have no more shit, but you still feel like you have more shit

It's old and people grew up with it.
Also fuck character development.
shame about sameface

Buttlord GT did the poop humour parody better

my guy