You haven't forgotten have you, Sup Forums? The greatest anime of all time?

You haven't forgotten have you, Sup Forums? The greatest anime of all time?

greatest rip-off of all times

I still remember.

the greatest scam of all time maybe

How could I forget?

its not the best but its my favorite of all time i'll be lying if it didn't change me into trying to improve myself

>i listen to your words
>and i can hear them even now
>cuz they echo in this memory
>that i hold deep in my heart

You know, these are more or less generic "improve" anime lyrics, but they fit TTGL so well they actually touched me. Nia is singing by the way

It's not remote close to the best of all time, but it's nice that you like it I guess.

We will never get an anime this hype ever again

How depressing

I get chills watching the giga drill breaker sometimes. God fucking damn a bunch of nap cartoons yelling about believing in themselves shouldn't affect me so much but they nailed all of it, the music the voice acting, and the animation with all the stretching and smearing and distorting. When shit gets all pencil sketchy you know how hype it will be

Yeah it's kind of sad. But that makes TTGL even better.

I don't think I've seen the greatest anime of all time. I don't even know if it's been made yet.

I'll never forget.

Showing this to my kids the same way my dad showed me his cheesy 80's action movies

How could I ever forget NGE, OP?

It's funny how TTGL isn't remembered by his dank references.

Fuck, don´t remind me. I was so fucking hyped, I now have FITE DA POWAH as mantra when I need to motivate myself. So fucking epic.
That being said, sorry, but the greatest anime in terms of pure quality and emotional rape is NGE/EoE. End of discussion.

>Simon holding his baby
it hurts

Eventually. I have hope we'll get something like this in the near future.
It was the anime that got me into anime.
I despised it before, this made me rethink it.

It´s called an "hommage", you faggots. Also, you could see Asuka and Rei expies in the bathhouse episode.

I stopped watching at like episode 24 or so. I never really came around to liking simon.

>Gurren Lagannn really is "an anime people will be talking about 10 years from now"

Fuck.

I didn't realize that.

>hommage
>mm

>I stopped watching at like episode 24 or so. I never really came around to liking simon.
Oh boy, did you miss out on the most HYPE ending of all times.

Ten years later, still the best

>Gurren Lagannn really is "an anime *westerners will be talking about 10 years from now"
FTFY, nips have forgotten it completely

They had an anniversary event. Also Blu-rays sales after that. Point proven wrong it seems.

t.gaijin

KLK is superior in every possible way. PSG is yhe penultimate Gainax anime.

I mean, KLK is great and the final fight was hype indeed but is just too weak compared to TTGL final episodes. That shit can literally give goosebumps with every single rewatch, you just never get used to the insane levels of hot blooded hype.

KLK captured TTGL's style but had 0 substance.

KLK did everything TTGL did worse

This. No one gives a shit about a few girls putting on superpower suits and screaming FUCK YOU at the villain.

And the final fight was so fucking bad, they literally riped off SA2

>That's all you can name.

You should really improve your game because TTGL is like 80% references. Almost all animations, events, plots, designs, charcters and scenes are built "as a homage" to something else.

I mean, it's a good show but it really crossed the line between being a homage and downright stealing shit.

I liked KLK as a comedy, but I don't think it surpasses Gurren Lagann as a show. Don't get me wrong, unlike most seemingly most people with this opinion on the two shows I did get hype whenever shit got real in KLK, but it didn't approach Gurren Lagann's levels of it.

It sure does smell like Sup Forumsermin in here. I'll post the greatest anime of all time for you guys.

M O E
O
E

Manifestation Of Evil

Imo K-On! was the prime moeshow, TTGL the prime hypeshow (atleast in modern times).
Two different genre, both excellent on their own.

yeah same here, and after I get burnt out on anime, which happens every year or so I come back to watch TTGL.

Some user proposed that all TRIGGER anime discussion should take place on Sup Forums, and I wholeheartedly agree, since that's the homeboard of most of the fanbase.

So we all can agree that
>90s Best: Evangelion
>00s Best: Gurren Lagann
>10s Best: Kemono Friends
So what is 80s best?

is kemono friends really that good? I was thinking about picking it up.

Don't fall for the meme.

Urusei Yatsura. That was the groundbreaking one of the 80's.

It's very wholesome, it gives me a good feeling throughout the whole time I watch an episode

The las episode might be the most exciting moment of anime and manga of the latest years for sure, you will not help but to scream to your screen "YOU CAN DO IT" and feel inside of the series.