What is the most underrated anime you know, Sup Forums?

What is the most underrated anime you know, Sup Forums?

Musashi Gundoh

Sukeban Deka

Sentimental Journey

Crayon Shin-Chan, the [adult swim] rewrite..

Boku no Rec Thread

Ping pong the animation
Aku no Hana

Ideon be invoked.

It's sure as hell not Ping Pong.

My Nigga

Dragon Ball Z

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Library wars

Kemono no Souja Erin

Nisekoi

ninja slayer

I recently watched all of it, and it was just alright.
Frankly, I thought it could have been a lot better (considering how much praise I've seen for it), but it always felt like it never challenged itself or the viewer. That it was content to be average.
Like, it definitely had a lot of potential, it just never did anything with it, or was just bogged down with reused footage or those two fucking awful joke characters.

Kill la Kill

Seconded, I liked this one a lot. Seraphim Call too, which was actually a really fucking brilliant show - lured in an audience with the moe moe anime designs and what they got was a arthouse anthology that reinvented itself every episode. Modern moebuta probably wouldn't touch it because of the lack of any self-insert characters, and more's the pity.

Nope. Not obscure enough.

Ginga Sengoku Gun'yƫden Rai

>Aku no Hana
Just read the manga.

Kaiba maybe.

Simoun

>dat music

Criminally underrated.

That shit was a struggle to get through.

boogiepop phantom

Legend of the Blue Wolves

Kekkai sensen maybe

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam

kekkei shiten was extremely overrated

>one episode had good animation so now the entire show has good animation
normalfags pls

Gankutsuou

queer dicks 2

The fact that people like you hate it is the reason I even mentioned it user.

Hitohira was pretty good. I could probably think of a better series but it's late.

Space dandy was really surprising. Even now I don't think it's talked about or recommended as much as it should be.

Girlish Number. It's one of the most honest shows I've ever seen, and it's a shame people didn't embrace it a lot

i'd want to say texhnolyze or kaiji, but neither of them are underrated and kaiji is really popular too. just wish people had better taste

Shaft's best anime.

Manga is 10x better though.

Magical Taruruuto

Gonna start that this summer and I'm pumped. Shame about the fugly early-2000s character designs that look like the Lain designer's b-roll, but other than that it looks like it'll be a good time.

noucome is funny as heck and the girls are cute

The LNs are better

It's Kekayy Shitsen, user. If you're going to be a stupid troll then at least get the name right.

I can't wait for BBB&B to blow up and outsell everyone else's Stalker thread favorite again and ride the wave of salty tears through every thread. That and DICK SUCK.

This. I know this is blasphemy but I think I like it even better than Champloo.

It's weird to remember than Boogiepop came from a LN and then consider how prior to 2010 or so, almost all the LN adaptations were decent at worst and often really good. Slayers, Spicy Wolf, Kino no Tabi, Baccano!...

>blatant rec thread

Half of these are either bait or just straight garbage so it's okay

Nowadays most LNs are just pandering trash

Was not that good.

it isn't okay

Ga-Rei Zero
SnB: Virgin Soul
Yahari is the best RomCom i've ever watched
Appleseed
K: Missing Kings

Every actually decent Josei

Why are rec threads so bad?

There are 2 boards dedicated to fulfilling requests. Recommendation threads aren't allowed on Sup Forums.

It was mediocre, which is far better than his other shit story, but it's still not really good.

>Yahari
Oh no, he's retarded!

Majutsushi Orphen

House of five leaves
Mononoke
Hanada shounen shi
Kekkaishi
Kemonozume
Etc

A recent one, Onihei.

nobunaga concerto

OP didnt specify obscure, just under rated