People really think the tournament arc in this is even top 5 in the battle shounen genre?

People really think the tournament arc in this is even top 5 in the battle shounen genre?

Goddamn

I can see why anime only fans might say it but I think it might be the weakest part in the manga possibly.

I would say it's legitimately one of the worst done tournament arcs in shounen manga. Like, the whole Todoroki Deku fight that people jizzed over when it came out is the most generic nonsensical "MC changes the perception of his enemy by saying basic shit" I've ever seen. There's no pacing or buildup and it doesn't even make any sense. If Deku saying that garbage is able to effect Todoroki at all him being so hung up so many years after the event in the first place is ridiculous.

>most generic nonsensical "MC changes the perception of his enemy by saying basic shit"
>enemy

The shit pacing of the anime is what kills it.

Yes, enemy, as in opponent, in the fucking fight. Fucking kys bokufaggot, and don't reply to me again.

It is ok-tier but better still better than others

>pacing

I love this meme

Where is your argument?

Except Todoroki didn't make up his mind after Izuku's talk, it only triggered his need to take his life back into his hands.

To answer your first question, this tournament arc isn't really one. Its point wasn't to expose every character and see who is the strongest, it just served as a setting for Izuku to realise he can't keep hurting himself and for Todoroki to get over his ego. If you didn't get that I see how you wouldn't like it

A battle tournament arc loses points immediately for not having any real stakes involved for losing

Says the self-proclaimed anime expert?

Fuck off tripshit

That's a statement, not an argument.

>battle tournment
>stakes

The whole fucking point of tournament arcs is that its the only time you can see the MC lose and suffer no consequences from it.

Ask yourself

Seeing people push to their absolute limits or people just doing whatever, whats more entertaining to you?

Again, where is your argument?

You see battle tournament arcs are not only about the MC. Other characters participate and it's enjoyable to see characters pushing their 100% knowing if they lose they're absolute fucked ( some expulsion bullshit) or literally die.

One of the best tournament arcs wasn't even about stakes it was a lesson that set the groundwork for the entire fucking franchise and what shaped Goku's character.

When has that ever been the case in a battle shounen tournament? Are you perhaps confusing genres?

Just ignore this retard, he saw something was popular and instead of finding out why for himself he figured he'd make a "heh nothen personnal kiddo" thread to show off his superior knowledge.

>almost nothing happened in first season
>second season is a tournament arc where all the interesting characters job and the boring characters win
It's honestly the least interesting shounen I've seen next to Fairy Tail

>anime-only baby

He's just going to bring up Dark Tournament again despite the fact the the bulk majority of the fights were boring as shit because you knew the protagonists couldn't fucking lose or else they would be dead and that people ONLy gave a shit about the drama with Togoro instead because that was the only highlight.

>best tournament arc
>DB trash

Battle stadium in flame of recca is the all time goat

>flame of recca

>implying cell games isn't the best

Wew

>flame of recca
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lets just agree that this whole tournament was the biggest pile of trash,

The forest test in naruto was a lot more entertaining than the chunin exams and yet people still hype the latter

>Cell Games
>good

While I liked the Cell arc as a whole the actual Cell Games wasn't really a tournament more like Cell trying to show off his new found abilities and then get rekt'd by Gohan in the process.

Not sure why Oda even bothered with a tournament arc, it's clearly not his forte.

I never got why there was a tournament after you went through that forest to begin with. Seems like a waste of time.

Nothing after Namek is good.

Most tournament arcs are generally poorly written and contrived with a few standouts here and there.

What anime-only MHA fags aren't getting is that the tournament arc isn't the highlight of this season; it's purpose is to set a steep contrast against the Stain Arc and the reality of the job these characters are training for.

Too many people passed the forest test so thet did it to cut the fat or that was the in universe explanation for itml.

The tournament arc in Naruto and HxH were better

Doing a top 5 of shounen tournament arcs is like doing a top 5 of animal feces.

One of the major points of the tournament is that doing well / showing off makes you more likely to be scouted for field work with actual heroes. Getting the shit kicked out of you is penalized by getting less attention and possible training from Heroes.

Show me a post that said that.

My favorite tournament arc

>"Chunin exams were so great"
>People literally just mean Gaara vs Rock Lee

> implying cell games was a tournament

well.. no

it introduced and made clear the power levels of soon to be mugiwara allies

and Naruto vs Neji

>People literally just mean Gaara vs Rock Lee

> "I didn't watch the Naruto Chunin exams"

Does Yu Yu Hakusho count having a Tournament arc or is it a Tournament show in it's entirety

nowhere near the best, the smaller fights should've been seen, and the tournament itself could've been better done

Todoroki didn't just change like that, he said it himself he forgot about it for a while

>the biggest fight was a guy shooting ice and then the other flicking it away for 10 minutes until the final part where the fag finally used his flames for one single final flashy attack and match over

Wew, the fight with the 2 guys who have similar hardening power was more interesting

They had an arc that wasn't a tournament in between the the three tournament arcs.

>Another "It's popular, so I must shit on it" thread.

The manga is just generic trash in general. Shounentards just have no standards and Sup Forums has turned into a shitshow with it's naruto generals.

i like how it did everything naruto didnt during chunnin exams

the best tournament arc is obviously the Foxy arc in One Piece

I don't think that counts.

I find it funny how people say Chunin exams was the only good part of Naruto when it's just a far inferior alternative to the Hunter exam arc.

The introduction of the Fukamichi Rankings was the greatest tournament arc ever.

The fight between Todoroki and Deku was greatly done in the anime but besides that scene, I was bored the entire arc. So far MHA anime wise isn't the worst shonen out there but it's far from the best.

Negima has the best tournament arc.

Way to miss the point dumbfuck. It was the sight of seeing Deku literally killing himself to keep up with Icefag and yet cheering him on to become a hero that did it.

>wow, it's almost as if people who wanted to watch a high school SoL got exactly what they wanted

I like it, but I can see why people mostly wouldn't it. that part of the arc is better for binge reading and not weekly release.

Doesn't that good for every Tournament arc?

He probably wanted to try out a tournament arc. We got some good things like the Straw Hat Grand Fleet. We got bad things, like Rebecca who is the worst character in One Piece.

Name 5 superior tournament arcs.

Jackie Chan

I think the tournament arc is the worst one in the whole series actually.

>Worst than License Exam

I think most people forgot that arc exists despite it being one arc ago, its been completely overshadowed by the arcs that came before and after it.

Maximum Tournament and Raitai from Baki, Hunter exam from HxH, all three tournaments from Yu Yu Hakusho, Kengan tournament from Kengan Ashura, most of the Budokais in Dragonball, Hyper Battle in Tough, and the Shaman Fight in Shaman King. That's just what I can think of quickly, there's a lot more.

Yeah I did actually.
That arc sucked.

How many of those end with the MC winning?

>Way to miss the point dumbfuck.
>misses the point

HAfags really are as stupid as Narutofags.

>people are saying it's one of the worst arcs
>tfw really enjoyed the tournament arc
I'm excited for what's to come now

Hunter exam was only great because of all those anti-climaxes.

What did Bleach have?

Filler

Bleach, for what it's worth, never had to rely on a tournament arc. Never really understood the comparison to YYH for this reason.

Oh now you've got to add other qualifiers to it. You got me, only 3 of those end with the MC losing and one is still in progress.

>Hunter exam from HxH, all three tournaments from Yu Yu Hakusho
>Hyper Battle in Tough, and the Shaman Fight in Shaman King

>Never really understood the comparison to YYH for this reason.

Yeah because it missing a trope means all the rest is invalid right.

>Actual detective work/4 Saint Beast
>Dark Tournament
>Gay bois get powers
>Sensui
>Three Kings """"""Tournament""""""

There were only two tournaments in the anime, and the final tournament was barely one at all, almost as pointless as being called a Tournament as the Cell Games were.
But it's not great. It's okay, at best, but people are treating BHA like it's the next DBZ or YYH, and it's not remotely close to that and likely never will be.

That moniker goes to Fairy Tail

>Hunter exam from HxH
Ant-climaxes, anti-climaxes everywhere
> all three tournaments from Yu Yu Hakusho
Out of all of them only one had a memorable fight and the last one was outright skipped in the manga and was boring as fuck in the anime
>Kengan tournament
>Shaman Fight
Doesn't really count if the entire manga is centered around it also Shaman Fight sucked shit

The rest of what, two rescue arcs and Chapter Black?

>But it's not great. It's okay, at best
Says you right?

Literally every arc except Waking Dragons and the last Egypt arc in the original YuGiOh is a tournament and they shit all over BHA.

>Fairy Tail

I'm surprised you even replied.

The hunter exam arc was shit though.

Literally only interesting event was getting tags off people

>That moniker goes to Fairy Tail
Wut?

I'm confused, are you saying Fairy Tail is the next DBZ/YYH or are you saying it only gets shit on because it's popular? Because both of those things are retarded

>YuGiOh
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There was short tournament arc at the start of YYH in order to get Genkai to train him. Even that is better than the Sports Festival.

>That moniker goes to Fairy Tail

YuGiOh isn't a battle shounen.

In terms of character driven, shonen action. While most of the baddies fall to Natsu, almost every character is still important and actually contributes to the overall resolution. Like in YYH, where Yusuke takes center stage most times, all of his compatriots still have incredible fights and plenty of screen time.

Plus, Grand Magic Tournament is hype as fuck.

Man this fandom went to the shitter after the anime adaptation.
Anime secondaries were a mistake.

Its kinda cute seeing people try so hard to downplay MHA because its popular now.