/xpi/ Apostolic Christianity

Orthobro here Christanons with a thought provoking question for the times.
>If the Latin church was reformed then what are Protestants still protesting?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Ephesus
youtube.com/watch?v=Yyn7Y2Kamb8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>what are Protestants still protesting?
We're still protesting the fact that Cathcucks, Orthocucks, and Cucktics all worship Saint Mary and believe she's Theotokos.
You guys are basically like Pharisees with all of your traditions and extra-biblical material.

theotokos means god-bearer you dumb prot

I would be willing to convert to orthodox, can I meet a conservative wife there?

Theotokos means Mother of God or God-bearer and it gives the implication that God has a mother, which He doesn't.
Don't you have some saints to worship and pray to, er... sorry, I mean "venerate?"

do you believe that jesus was fully man?

Planning to convert here, I think you probably can if you aren't autistic but then again I am autistic

these are the teachings of his disciples, and precisely Christ, just like bible u know?

You know Luther openly based a good amount of his works off those saints.

Simple syllogism, even a Protestant brainlet can understand.

Jesus is God.
Mary is the mother of Jesus.
Therefore, Mary is the mother of God.

Irrelevant. Jesus is both fully man and fully God, but he has taken the form of a man. To call her the mother of God is to be disingenuous as to what her role really was, which was to birth the Son of Man.
>these are the teachings of his disciples, and precisely Christ, just like bible u know?
Speak English.

Nestorians fuck off, this is a Chalcedonion board

When moses came down with the commandments, his crew were busy making a golden calf. Ironically, one of the commandments he was about to deliver was to not hold graven images before the deity. Why then, if your church is so based, do you gilt your sanctuaries like it was fort knox? I would think all those portraits on a gold background would be the equivalent.

You religious types are not to big on logic are you?

Why are the "Orthodox" so obsessed with Protestants

Literally every Orthodox I know, every time the subject of Christianity is brought up, goes on a tirade about something a Protestant did or begins a circlejerk about how they're somehow more "enlightened" or "true to the faith" because they follow Orthodox dogma instead of being a lowly Protestant.

I know that it's a favored branch of Christianity around here because statism and ergo strong authority are worshiped like Gods themselves, but good God, do you guys not see the hypocrisy in this constant sperging

"Taken the form of a man."

Sounds dangerously close to docetism.
Also imagine being such a theologylet to not realize "son of man" is a divine title from Daniel 7.

It's from 1Enoch.
>1 And there I saw One who had a head of days, And His head was white like wool, And with Him was another being whose countenance had the appearance of a man, And his face was full of graciousness, like one of the holy angels. 2 And I asked the angel who went with me and showed me all the hidden things, concerning that 3 Son of Man, who he was, and whence he was, (and) why he went with the Head of Days And he answered and said unto me: This is the son of Man who hath righteousness, With whom dwelleth righteousness, And who revealeth all the treasures of that which is hidden,

>Because the Lord of Spirits hath chosen him, And whose lot hath the pre-eminence before the Lord of Spirits in uprightness for ever.

>4 And this Son of Man whom thou hast seen Shall raise up the kings and the mighty from their seats, [And the strong from their thrones] And shall loosen the reins of the strong, And break the teeth of the sinners.

> (OP)

>You guys are basically like Pharisees with all of your traditions and extra-biblical material.

Cathocucks btfo

Mary is the Mother of God the Son
One of the Persons of the Holy Trinity

>Orthobro here Christanons with a thought provoking question for the times.

The protestant reformation was about breaking the corrupt catholic church's suppression of the Bible by making accurately translated copies of the Bible available to anyone who wanted one.

Most christanons are cucks who fail the PAGE ONE test, as they buy into the ball earth lie, deny God's word and make excuses or levy 'interpretations' to suit their delusions.

Hoaxes/Fake Science:
- Evolution
- Dinosaurs
- Outer Space
- Ball Earth
- Heliocentrism
- Einstein Relativity
- Quantum Theory
- Quantum Physics
- Quantum Computing
- Climate Change

This is a non-exhaustive list of deceptions you will fall for if you are a a pseudo-Christian who thinks the Bible is symbolic. Get a non-NWO KJV Bible, read it, and make an effort to understand it.

>4 Then shall pain come upon them as on a woman in travail, [And she has pain in bringing forth] When her child enters the mouth of the womb, And she has pain in bringing forth.

>And one portion of them shall look on the other, And they shall be terrified, And they shall be downcast of countenance, And pain shall seize them, When they see that Son of Man Sitting on the throne of his glory.

>6 And the kings and the mighty and all who possess the earth shall bless and glorify and extol him who rules over all, who was hidden.

>7 For from the beginning the Son of Man was hidden, And the Most High preserved him in the presence of His might, And revealed him to the elect.

>8 And the congregation of the elect and holy shall be sown, And all the elect shall stand before him on that day.

>9 And all the kings and the mighty and the exalted and those who rule the earth Shall fall down before him on their faces, And worship and set their hope upon that Son of Man, And petition him and supplicate for mercy at his hands.

>10 Nevertheless that Lord of Spirits will so press them That they shall hastily go forth from His presence, And their faces shall be filled with shame, And the darkness grow deeper on their faces.

>11 And He will deliver them to the angels for punishment, To execute vengeance on them because they have oppressed His children and His elect 12 And they shall be a spectacle for the righteous and for His elect: They shall rejoice over them, Because the wrath of the Lord of Spirits resteth upon them, And His sword is drunk with their blood.

>13 And the righteous and elect shall be saved on that day, And they shall never thenceforward see the face of the sinners and unrighteous.

>14 And the Lord of Spirits will abide over them, And with that Son of Man shall they eat And lie down and rise up for ever and ever.

Same reason the protestants are so obsessed with mary and saints

Any religious person is not big on logic, religion is mental illness

Right. No one says Mary is temporally prior to God, or that she's the mother of the Blessed Trinity, just that Jesus, being one Divine person with two natures, is fully man and fully God, so it's just to call His mother the mother of God.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Ephesus

The amount of Protestants who are Nestorian is amazing

>Any religious person is not big on logic, religion is mental illness

I've yet to see a comment like that from an actual intelligent person.

>implying I didn't pick that title specifically because both Christ and the prophet Daniel used it
Also, Christ taking the form of a man is theology 101, in what way am I treading into docetism, you brainlet?

Bible is as relevent as a Supermant comic when we speak about truth

What is with all that gold in that portrait? Why does that image depict someone other than your deity? Icon is what you call that. Iconography is a graven image. Why do you directly contravene the doctrine of not holding any graven image before your deity? That icon is no different than the golden calf.

Logic, invented by greeks before the christ myth, but abandoned after. What a travesty.

Reminder that Christians should be Monarchist.

Read a book, no other GODS before Him, no WORSHIPPING images. First commandment:
>“You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them.

God commands religious images made:
>Exodus 25:18-19 And you shall make two cherubim of gold; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece with the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends.

>Numbers 21:8-9 And the Lord said to Moses, “Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and every one who is bitten, when he sees it, shall live.” So Moses made a bronze serpent, and set it on a pole; and if a serpent bit any man, he would look at the bronze serpent and live.

>t. reddit

Christianity is the biggest long-term threat to Capitalism and the West

youtube.com/watch?v=Yyn7Y2Kamb8

You seemed to be using it in a way that downplayed the second person of the Blessed Trinity truly assuming a human nature.

Mothers give birth to persons, not natures. The person Mary gave birth to is the second person of the Blessed Trinity. Therefore, Mary is the mother of God.

Unless you want to posit some dysjunction in Christ's natures, or deny His humanity or deity, it's unavoidable.

>(((Capitalism)))

don't reply to 14-year-old redditors

Enjoy live in misery like a Witch Doctor from the Third World. that's why South Korea only is kicking your ass

Were the changes to the Catholic mass in 2011 a net positive for the Church?

>You seemed to be using it in a way that downplayed the second person of the Blessed Trinity truly assuming a human nature.
No, that's just your own ego creating reasons to assume that I haven't spent most of my life studying scripture because I'm a filthy prot.
>Mothers give birth to persons, not natures. The person Mary gave birth to is the second person of the Blessed Trinity. Therefore, Mary is the mother of God
No, Mary is not the mother of God. You are literally conflating the persons of the Trinity in order to maintain this falsely attributed title of divinity. Use your head and really think about why this title is problematic and creates division in the Church.
>Unless you want to posit some dysjunction in Christ's natures, or deny His humanity or deity, it's unavoidable.
The only thing I'm going to posit is that you're from r/Christianity based on your Reddit spacing.

Yes, a net positive, but things won't be better until the Novus Ordo and its concomitant abuses die out or are abolished, and the heresies implicit in the V2 documents are vanquished.

Is Jesus God? Is Mary His mother? It's not hard.

>hurr duurr jesus is duh god so marry is his mother and god is jesus so marry is mama god
Jesus has a specific identity in the Trinity, if you acknowledge this, then you must acknowledge that to call Mary the mother of God is misleading and does not give glory to Christ or who He was in relation to Mary.

It's not misleading at all; the title is completely Christological, and safeguards theological truths regarding our Lord's true humanity, divinity, and unity of person. Don't be Nestorian, user.

I'm so glad the internet is still pumping out those quality Orthodox memes.

Jesus was black tho

>safeguards theological truths regarding our Lord's true humanity, divinity, and unity of person
>doesn't actually do any of that and only elevates Mary to the same level of God, if not higher
literally nothing Nestorian about my theology, but I'm glad you're putting that Master of Divinity degree to good use.

>Mary not the mother of God
>not Nestorian because I say so
>other heretics agree so that makes it okay
>2015+3 and still not having a degree from Pastor Jim's Bible College
Good luck with that

>"She became the Mother of God, in which work so many and such great good things are bestowed on her as pass man's understanding..." - Martin Luther
>"I esteem immensely the Mother of God, the ever chaste, immaculate Virgin Mary." -Ulrich Zwingli
>"It cannot be denied that God in choosing and destining Mary to be the Mother of his Son, granted her the highest honor." -John Calvin

>>"It cannot be denied that God in choosing and destining Mary to be the Mother of his Son, granted her the highest honor." -John Calvin
Ironically enough, John Calvin is the most correct on the subject of what Mary's actual title should be and how she should be honored.
This is coming from a guy who can't stand Calvinists.