No matter what your opinion on climate change is you have to admit plastic pollution is a problem that has to be delt...

No matter what your opinion on climate change is you have to admit plastic pollution is a problem that has to be delt with or by 2050 we could have dead acidic oceans

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/science/microplastic-microbeads-microfibres-pollution-environment-audit-committee-mps-evidence-a7021051.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gEPdOZbyzbw
enenews.com/
fukushima-diary.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=qPIHJRIpLRk
iflscience.com/environment/bacteria-evolving-eat-plastic-dump-into-oceans/
biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/05/09/135582??collection
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4970214/95-plastic-oceans-comes-just-TEN-rivers.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Then invent something to clean it up faggot

This is the biggest issue we face actually.
The Pacific is kill and the fish are gone.
China will kill the planet in 25 years.

I don't want to stop it. I want a total societal breakdown with BILLIONS of deaths due to starvation, disease and war. The middle class, democracy, women's rights, individualism, and human rights were catastrophic mistakes. Only after a total breakdown in everything can a strong leader like me pick up the pieces.

A preview if you're interested: you will have no rights. They will be earned. Everyone starts at caste level 1 and can move up or down from there. Ruthlessness, competition, and savagery will be the norm. NEETS and anime-pros won't make it; you'll die as slaves overworked to death most likely.

good. maybe it'll be easier to get a park at the beach

It’s mostly third world savages that pollute, if we kill them all the world will be a cleaner place

serious i cant think of a single reason for the entire world to die. i will feel bad for the animals i guess.

is it mortgages that keep you guys keen? or like... do you enjoy your cubicle at work? your morning coffee?

fuck this. fuck it right off. burn it down

When half the population is unemployed but there is nobody to volunteer their free time to collect garbage and run waste management.

? In 100 years we could be mining plastic out of the earth and synthesizing metal from filtered death water.

Wat differens it mak tho?

but some college kid has already invented something that looks like it's going to work

Then help him raise funds or quit your bitching

I'm not bitching at all, I'm saying the problem is already solved.

There are also these Australians that have come up with the "seabin" which also works.

Well alright then. Problem solved

This would be solved immediately upon bombing India/China

Put a bounty on it..$10/ton... fund it by a tax on sugar.. earth gets cleaner.. obesity declines.. I am a fucking genius!

They're doing a lot more to combat pollution than US of Gay. This includes renewable energy and recycling.

This is why 3rd world shitholes must be nuked before they kill this planet off with their pollution. Start with China. Then India. Then Africa, Latin America, the Middle East...

Morrisons has just got rid of 5p plastic bags. Now i have to pay 10p to pollute the earth. Im pissed.

Western countries already bomb these poor countries to steal their resources, and also dump their wastes there (a large portion includes electronic waste, e.g. Your shitty smartphones.) because they can't be bothered dealing with their problems.

Interesting thing about electronic waste - devices are made with planned obsolescence implemented within them. Yes, that's purely western capitalism.

Have I mentioned the use of slave labour in these poor countries for manufacturing clothes, textiles, electronic goods, etc? Well I should, because this directly causes waste.

Fine then, start by killing yourself.

>70% of Marine Birds gone since 1950.
>28% of Land Animals gone since 1970.
>28% of All Marine Animals gone since 1970.
>97% – Humans & Livestock are 97% of land-air vertebrate biomass.
>10,000 years ago we were 0.01% of land-air vertebrate biomass.
>50% of arable land will be lost in the next 50 years.
>1 million humans, net, added to earth every 4½ days.

Warming up planet, extreme weather, failing breadbaskets, ecological and subsequent societal collapse, ocean dead zones, ocean acidification, overpopulation, anthropocene extinction event, climate change, climate refugees, rising sea levels, 2+ degree temp rise change locked in, infinite growth/finite planet etc etc

If anyone here thinks BAU (business as usual) will continue on you're just being delusional, we've caused irreparable damage to this planets ecology which will collapse. The planet will go on but a massive die off will occur we will never reach this stage of technological prowess again because we've used all the easier to extract oils.

The final nail in the coffin is the permafrost melting feedback loop in the Arctic, all that methane ready to go and melting, we're already locked in 1.5 degree temp increase, not to mention global dimming which once sulfates stop getting relased into the air from pollution that's another 0.5 degrees, crops will fail because they cant adapt fast enough etc etc we're fucked and not amount of technology will save us

renewable energy in this case means electricity. electricity is only 25% of global energy production, the other 75% is what powers our transportation, oil, show me cargo ships, airplanes and billions of cars powered by electricity

simply moving everyone to electrical cars requires immense amounts of energy, not to mention dozens of gallons goes into the paints, resins, plastics, tyres of a car, it's simply unfeasible and anyone hoping on muh electric cars will save the world meme is delusional

Stop moving goalposts. Nowhere did I mention electric cars.

We're moving Israel to the great pacific garbage patch. we can't get rid of it.

Fuck off back to redlt al gore

how's those droughts?

buddy are you stupid?
we're just gonna wipe out all the non-whites and boom problem solved

>dealing with problems in 2050

that's 2050's people's problems.

thats here in binondo, there is a chinese mall here called lucky china town, ironically their shit goes there but the our gov cant fight back cause duterte is sucking china's dick. so sad, the mall is good tho we used to go there to eat

Kill all third worlders, cause They treat nature way worse then any industrial nation

That's OK, we'll just make a big waterproof plastic bag to put the acid.

>or by 2050 we could have dead acidic oceans

FUCK YES!!! But I can't wait that long. Nuke the fuck out of the ocean. Haven't you seen the fucking ugly ass shit they have discovered recently? Shit like that shouldn't live. Fuck the ocean.

Not really. All this talk of soy, you want to know what's really happening?
All your clothes are made of plastic, each time you wash your clothes the fibres wear off into the water system. The smallest fibres will be ingested by animals and return to the water supply in rain.
All the detergents are filled with this shit too. Much more harmful than soy.
independent.co.uk/news/science/microplastic-microbeads-microfibres-pollution-environment-audit-committee-mps-evidence-a7021051.html

Care to elaborate about that shit that shouldn't live?
This is relevant to my interest.

Yes, those are our kids. Your selfish way of thinking is the reason we have so many problems today in the first place. Everyone just says "That's the problem for next generation". Coward

Isn't there some Elon Musk wannabe fag who's crowdsourcing what is essential a giant ocean-top-skimming vacuum for precisely this reason?

What you mean the droughts we have dealt with every year since forever ago?

>technology is the problem
>we need more technology
>AI is a threat to humanity
>better put an AI chip in your brain

Link?

>hurr durr western countries dindu nuffin wrong
>non white countries are automatically bad because of skin colour
>but of course I rely on their slave labour so I could shitpost on my smartphone

>mfw have always hated being alive
>mfw this news doesn't bother me in the slighest

The droughts you're having *every year*, yes.

I bet that would be easy on fuel...

Kek'd

Good.

who are you quoting

Who is this mad merchant?

The solution to pollution and the general failings of the climate/planet is to glass the entire 3rd world.
Kill the niggers, chinks, poo's and halfbreeds and you'll save the planet.
It also has the added bonus of fixing "overpopulation".
Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.

EVERYONE MUST WATCH THIS

Megacities: Urban Future, the Emerging Complexity - A Pentagon Video
youtube.com/watch?v=gEPdOZbyzbw

According to a startling Pentagon video obtained by The Intercept, the future of global cities will be an amalgam of the settings of "Escape from New York" and "Robocop" — with dashes of the "Warriors" and "Divergent" thrown in. It will be a world of Robert Kaplan-esque urban hellscapes — brutal and anarchic supercities filled with gangs of youth-gone-wild, a restive underclass, criminal syndicates, and bands of malicious hackers.

At least that's the scenario outlined in "Megacities: Urban Future, the Emerging Complexity," a five-minute video that has been used at the Pentagon's Joint Special Operations University. All that stands between the coming chaos and the good people of Lagos and Dhaka (or maybe even New York City) is the U.S. Army, according to the video, which The Intercept obtained via the Freedom of Information Act.

Fukushima will kill us before that. It's the worst disaster of our time and there's literally nothing we can do to stop it.

Tepco doesn't know where melted cores are because they have melted deep into to the earth and radioactive groundwater keeps leaking into ocean. We cannot just pour concrete over it because it will leak into ocean anyway. Radiation inside the buildings is too high even for robots and humans would collapse in seconds.

Marine life is dying in pacific, you can google "pacific die-offs".

MSM is covering it up to avoid global panic. Tokyo isn't safe for 2020 olympics either. I would not be suprised if they were cancelled because by 2020 Japan is really fucked. People have radiation sickness symptoms and birth defects have gone trough roof.

Just remember my words if you don't believe me now. Fukushima will lead to major panic in the future when (((MSM))) cannot cover it up anymore.

It's much worse than chernobyl, reactor 3 had MOX-fuel made from plutonium, thats why it exploded critically, it wasn't hydrogen explosion. It has been estimated that by now Fukushima has released over hundred times more radioactive fallout into ocean than Chernobyl did into atmosphere.

America isn't safe either. Jet stream brings radioactive particles over the pacific and ocean currents will spread them around the world.

enenews.com/

fukushima-diary.com/

Follow them if you want redpill on this. People don't realize that it will slowly kill whole globe. What happens when Japan runs out of nuclear engineers and becomes inhabitable? Who will fix it then?

Pollution is a big problem. I'm not even a leftie and I see it. Sad irony is they hijacked environmentalism and made it all about global warming rather than clean air and water and responsible harvesting like it used to be. So now you can throw out all the bottled water you want as long as you own a Prius.

You poltards are fucking retarded and uneducated.

I wholeheartedly agree with taking measures to tackle pollution such as waste dumping, smog, and trash like plastic. If it happens to help with global warming, fine, but I'm sick of all this "But muh carbon" bullshit. It's just a means for rich people to pat themselves on the back for doing nothing.

Plastic can be reversed back into oil and gas using heat and pressure which although it's currently expensive to do the price of oil will only continue to rise as it's harder to extract which will make scene like OPs the oil fields of the future.

Boyan Slat's Ocean Cleanup project. Actually a really good thing.

You can turn it back into oil using a bit of water, heat, and pressure. Some Japanese man invented it a few years back. This "problem" is obsolete from the perspective of current human technology.

Hello old friend

Nice argument bogan.
Do inform me, why it wouldn't fix anything.

Joel Edgerton, Australian actor and rare merchant

You and Musk.

He's not wrong, partially.
Africa, China, and India are the primary sources of plastic and pollution destroying our oceans. They have much worse waste management than the west. Though the west needs to deal with it's plastic wrapped everything habits too.

Genocide Africa.

I'm pretty much certain that climate change is not a serious concern and plastic pollution is not a serious concern. The sad thing is that while neither of them are things we should be worrying about on a large scale, there are plenty of faggots who are determined to make the world a worse place with their endless worrying, and that's the thing we need to be more concerned about.

youtube.com/watch?v=qPIHJRIpLRk

what thats not true at all

Noice!

If you don't want to be here, a strong tree and a thick rope are all you need.

Wow, you'll be the first to go in that system.

Read this.

Why the fuck is this board so retarded?

We'll just nuke Japan again stop crying soylad

Not a Japanese invention and it has worked since the the 50s, but it's not economically feasible.

>or by 2050 we could have dead acidic oceans
How? Why 2050? Is it because 'studies say so'?

And what does that have to do with anything?

Well if they want a "sustainable" "zero carbon emissions" energy source it's there.

>1 Post by this id

>why is this piece of information mentioned?
>because studies done on this area produced this result?

Link the studies abo.

>iflscience.com/environment/bacteria-evolving-eat-plastic-dump-into-oceans/

This. I want to know who researched it and who funded that research.

Not going to spoonfeed you, grongo

I bet it has a 97% consensus too.

>Chan Zuckerberg alliance
hmm
biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/05/09/135582??collection

I just explained that it's due to their poor management that results in the majority of it going into the oceans. The west needs to improve it's plastic practices (Fast food containers are the worst offenders as far as I've seen in California) and stop exporting wasteful practices for cheaper services.

Of anyone to call a retard, you're hitting the one guy that agreed with you the most.

>muh caste levels
>I will be da leader
If there's a societal breakdown I will blow your head off and take your three cans of corn and your jacket. You can LARP as king all you like, but I'll be the guy who doesn't care about your inflated ego and shoots you for canned food. What the fuck are you going to do about it? Nothing, because you're a bitch.

Start doing your part and go collect garbage near where you live, or at work if you're out in the field if you are permitted to do so.

I work at a chemical plant and whenever there's a quiet day I go collect waste outside for about an hour, my chief appreciates this too because a clean site means better impressions during costumer audits.

let me fuck your boipussy before you die

>plastic pollution is a problem that has to be delt with or by 2050 we could have dead acidic oceans
and the Cause of oceanic pollution is the shipping industry and globalization.
So we won't see the globalist faggots fix this problem anytime soon. Unless we "fix" globalization.

You're onto something as 88-95% of the plastic pollution originates from just ten rivers. Pic relevant. It's chinks, gooks, poos, niggers and sandniggers killing the oceans.

>Up to 95 per cent of plastic polluting the world's oceans pours in from just ten rivers, according to new research. The top 10 rivers - eight of which are in Asia - accounted for so much plastic because of the mismanagement of waste.

>THE 10 MOST POLLUTING RIVERS
>Yangtze East China Sea Asia
>Indus Arabian Sea Asia
>Yellow River Yellow Sea Asia
>Hai He Yellow Sea Asia
>Nile Mediterranean Africa
>Ganges Bay of Bengal Asia
>Pearl River South China Sea Asia
>Amur Sea of Okhotsk Asia
>Niger Gulf of Guinea Africa
>Mekong South China Sea Asia

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4970214/95-plastic-oceans-comes-just-TEN-rivers.html

An excellent point.

What the fuck is this kid?

The biggest problem is India and China. They just don't give a fuck about the environment.

Earth-chan. A neo-nazi meme.

it should be completely obvious to anyone who has been paying attention that regardless if your personal priority is with global warming or general pollution (which seems like a distinction without a difference), the human enterprise and its footprint on the natural world needs to significantly contract and do so very rapidly. Otherwise, the response of the Earth system to this unprecedented pressure that is being imposed on it would destroy any ability for decent survival in the future.

USA won't, definitely

And then urban metrosexuals sort their trash for just one day and think they solved the pollution issue forever.

And then proceed into irrational rant how white heterosexual men destroy the planet. Enviromentalism, not even once. Useless and harmful unless it involves the actual solution of simply letting the absolutely worst shitters on the planet (see the map) die in their misery.

But can't have actual solution because democracy:
>Linkola believes that democracy is a mistake and only radical change can prevent ecological collapse.[2] He contends that the human populations of the world, regardless if they are developed or underdeveloped, do not deserve to survive at the expense of the biosphere as a whole.[5] In May 1994, Linkola was featured on the front page of The Wall Street Journal Europe.[6] He said he was for a radical reduction in the world population and was quoted as saying about a future world war, "If there were a button I could press, I would sacrifice myself without hesitating, if it meant millions of people would die."[7]
>Paul G. Harris, Chair Professor of Global and Environmental Studies at the Education University of Hong Kong, contends that while most environmentalists in Finland have distanced themselves from Linkola, those concerned about the environment avidly read his writings. Harris asserts that Linkola represents "a very Finnish and dark version of "an inconvenient truth."

Sounds like shitholes should start disposing of their trash properly.