How do you define degeneracy?

How do you define degeneracy?

Not that easy is it?

the state of being degenerate

chosen weakness

Any individual behavior that would be detrimental to social cohesion, efficiency and wellbeing, especially if it relates to base instincts like sexuality, gluttony, drug abuse or unjustified violence.
The rest is details.

How do you define Nazi?

>why do people have sex?

The lack of self control and indulging in your impulses. Taking the easy way out even if it doesn't have desirable consequences. To put it in general terms.

As someone who's married, I think degeneracy in relationships or with sexual encounters is when you have sex with someone you don't LOVE. I think sex should be saved for people that are special to you and close to your heart. I have to problem with homosexuals if they are in love and contribute to society.

What I do hate is seeing tinder and dating apps. People picking up random sluts at bars to fuck. People just fucking for fun with random strangers. I think dating apps are the height of degeneracy in the relationship/sexual realm.

No problem with homosexuals*

>Any individual behavior that would be detrimental to social cohesion, efficiency and wellbeing, especially if it relates to base instincts like sexuality, gluttony, drug abuse or unjustified violence.
Sounds pretty subjective. What things are you in favor of banning?

Vague.

Literally whatevers different.

Things i don't like, basically

Very subjective.

fegs

>subjective
There is no such thing as objective morality. Morality is feelings.

All axioms upon which you build your philosophy are arbitrary.

So one man's degeneracy is another man's progress?

stop pilpuling you know what degenerate behaviour is.

Pretty much, yeah. 'Degeneracy' is described as everything that promotes moral decay and is usually used by right-wingers. Something is deemed 'degenerate' if it goes against the perceived moral values of the describer.

If I recall the term was introduced by some kike in order to describe modern art trends in the end of the XIX century.

How do you define it? The popular definitions here leave basically anything that is not directly conducive to improving one self or society open to being labeled degenerate. Should television be banned because some people watch too much television? Should alcohol be banned because some people drink too much alcohol? Which drugs should be banned? Any drug can be be abuse. Why is prostitution degenerate? How is buying a woman a meal for sex different?
Should certain music be banned because you do not like it?

Thing I don't like.

degeneracy = counterproductive to producing new generations of life

You're just being a kike now. Nobody is even talking about using state power to ban things here. I think most people here would agree that something can be deemed degenerate without being prohibited by the state.

A woman fucking 150 men is not illegal, but it's frowned upon. Same goes for all the things you list.

>Nobody is even talking about using state power to ban things here.
You must be new here.

There are a set of laws that dictate reality as we know it. These laws can be things like gravity or the speed of light, or can be social laws as well(stealing is wrong) the reasons for why these laws exist and who or what or how they were created are up for debate, but the facts that truth exists is undeniable.
Degenerates lack the knowledge of the truth as well as the ability(or will) to understand the truth.
This dictates their everyday actions.
People who follow the truth move the human race forward. People who deny the truth degenerate the human race.

it's a power word equivalent of excessively destructive hedonism for when just hedonism isn't good enough

So it's any behavior that doesn't move the human race forward?

Behaviour that deviates from social norms and deeply held universal convictions about morality. Behaviour that is detrimental to the national community and degrades society

So you do you favor having the state curb what is viewed as excessively destructive hedonism in they eyes of those in power? What about the so called victimless crimes? Do we all own each other's bodies or do I own my own body?

Again, very subjective. Do people that watch too much television "degrade society"? Should television therefore be banned? What about a functioning heroin user? How does their behavior degrade society? Or homosexuals? There are homosexuals butt fucking all across my country right now and it doesn't affect me one bit.

>So you do you favor having the state curb what is viewed as excessively destructive hedonism in they eyes of those in power?
no, if the state has to step in to regulate behavior then society's behavior is too fucked

>Do we all own each other's bodies or do I own my own body?
you can do whatever you want with your body man but the fact remains not everyone is responsible with themselves. a healthy society is one where people respect themselves

Degenerate television/music should be frowned upon and perhaps banned in some instances (especially if targeted towards kids). Ideally we wouldn't create conditions where people can live so lazily in front of the TV, they should be spending time with family and providing. Certain drugs should be banned if they are a detriment to society. And i would hope women have more self respect than to sleep around so casually, this is why shame culture can be helpful.

It may seem bad to take away some freedoms, but it would be to improve well being of society. There is no point in living in a rotting society just because you stick to your principles. You should have basic rights, but not the right to pollute society with filth.

Subjective.
Example: I think Marriage is pretty degenerate.

degeneracy detected

Of course it is subjective you faggot it belongs to the realm of philosophy doesn't make it less true.

I'm convinced most of young people's problems come from conformity, impotence and submission. And that most forms of addiction and conspicuous consumption actually make people more socially acceptable and not the other way around.

lmao I remember you and your dumbass post in /lit/

Degeneracy;
Acts that weaken the cultural stability of a people, caused by a prolonged state of decadence.

Behavour that works to further cultural marxism

working for a shill group shitposting on Sup Forums
that's peak degeneracy

Anything leisurely or pleasurable.

Any behaviour that negatively affects/destabilises society in the long term.

> I can only have pleasure using heavy drugs and having unprotected homosexual group sex
> Contact with nature and family gatherings are BORING

The absence of self-respect.

Grow up. Tinder is the future. Degeneracy is inevitable in any society desu. It’s not a good thing but it’s the price of freedom. When a society is more individually free, it turns to degeneracy as the average individual is just not moral.

National prosperity is therefore a good thing to preserve in order to preserve individual liberty as over time all societies will turn degenerate whether you like it or not.

And come on, everyone has their cravings of doing some degenerate shit. If you deconstruct them and start meditating and concentrate more on your work and understanding how it’s not good for you. You can overcome it.

> Degeneracy is inevitable.
> Therefore don't even try to control it

Like it’s defined in the dictionary

>degeneracy is inevitable
>stop worrying about it
>but if you try really hard you can overcome it, maybe

What a pointless post.

In Sup Forums it means "things I do not like"

Whatever I don't like or am jealous of, e.g. having friends or sex.

Undermining the four cardinal virtues.

>Temperance
>Prudence
>Justice
>Courage

DEFINE WHITE

> give me an arbitrary definition of a word used for obvious detrimental behaviours so I can apply it to something completely different where it obviously doesn't apply
If you're still looking for ways to get back at those ebil nahtzees for giving you feelings of insecurity about your world view, you haven't read enough yet. Lurk for another year and read some books. Go to full, go to their archive board, there'll be a books thread, you will find plenty of literature you can download as a PDF for free. And until you have a more informed outlook on life and are realizing that your previous, anti-White politics were mostly rooted in self-loathing and intellectual lethargy,

you are

only making

a fool of yourself.

Are you seeing

how obvious you are?

moral is not relative user

Not (((you)))

no you word twisting kike. degeneracy is something that actively prevents you from bettering society and or creating new life. something that makes a net zero could only be considered degeneracy if overindulged or abused

I can point to many behaviors, goods and services that can be said to be detrimental. That people here aren't also in favor of banning those things, just shows their hypocrisy. Are you in favor of banning alcohol and sugar?

So give me some examples.

Should alcohol be banned?