Sup Forums, why did the USSR REALLY collapse?

What are the actual reasons? Seems like subversion to me...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Russian_people_by_net_worth
youtube.com/watch?v=t8LtQhIQ2AE&t=773s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Barricades
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltic_Way
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>actual reason
communism is non-sustainable.

Included unwilling member states among other things.

Why did the USSR allow you lot to leave though? It just makes no sense.
It is usually sustainable, just it's never going to be as successful as capitalism.

It was boring.

It was rock and roll and blue jeans

(((Them)))

Chernobyl meltdown bankrupted them, growing unrest followed by glasnost which meant all the secrets were revealed.

It was an elaborate ploy to make the US overextended itself so they could strike when we can't defend ourselves!

Wait...is that what happened?

Now this is interesting, I never knew Chernobyl had a role in the dissolution of the USSR. Can you explain more?

So rolling the army into our capitals and shooting at people for protesting is "letting us leave"? Whatever Moscow would have done they would be the bad guy and it would backfire even more. Large portion of Russians themselves were sick and tired of the Soviet Union, only now they are looking back with rose tinted glasses.

CIA's Mujahideen

they went broke trying to keep up with the cold war arms race and also the soviet command economy just wasnt aerodynamic and doomed to fail from the beginning. to be fair though, seems the western capitalist economic system is going to collapse as well

Afaik there were no at least major protests in any of the Baltic states, or for that matter any of the fully Soviet-controlled states. Why did the Russians let go of the territories shown on the map that didn't even protest?!

So they're broke, therefore let's allow our best land to form independent nations? Yeah...

Three generations of compounding misery and mistrust can only be milked for so long.

because communism and central gov. economy caused tremendous corruption and the system collapsed.

Armenia's earthquake was a costly even too

event

There were no protests because they knew the soviets would tiananmen their asses

And this is how I know that you are full of shit. And were were not even states, but a part of the SU, borderless.

I believe it is to do with corruption, yes. But just saying "and then it collapsed" is like saying "then magic happens" - it's not an explanation. Why did the Soviets let go of the best land, full of their most productive citizens? The non-Soviet Warsaw Pact countries, sure, I get that. But the Ukraine? Belarus? Why?!!

And perhaps an entirely related note, why after the fall of the USSR did the oligarchs seize so much of the resource economy, and why were so many of them (((them)))... *wonders*

I know you weren't states, sorry if I used that phrasing. You were like Wales is to the UK, but without much/any devolution.

But there weren't any major protests in the Soviet controlled non-Russian lands at all m8, you call that image a protest?

Continuous self-subvertion by implementing stupid system what does not work.

People were unable to withstand the bright colors of advertisement, the sweetness of chemical food and the spoils of the money. They were really naive and simple people who who just recently survived a number of unimaginable hardships. Won't happen again.

It's difficult to run a state with no money

The Baltics were exclusive donor states within the Soviet Union, Moscow had been bleeding us dry for decades. And walling off the entire capital with whatever we could get our hands on and protest is not real enough for you?
Future caliphate logic.

>there weren't any major protests in the Soviet controlled non-Russian lands at all m8

Don't talk shit m8888.

Do you not know your own history? That photo was taken after you guys became independent retard...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Russian_people_by_net_worth

How the fuck are so many of these guys Jews? I mean just click through the top 25 or so, it is truly insane

The Chernobyl nuclear disaster in 1986 played a roll in bankrupting and hastening the demise of the USSR.

And Moscow did send in their armed forces to suppress that. People got killed in both Vilnius and Rīga for this. Only Tallinn was spared due to Dudayev telling Moscow to fuck off. Also the Belarus air desant refused to obey the Moscows orders.

>"there were no notable protests"
Enjoy your Islamic future, bong.

you would turn your back on sweet foods? I don't believe it.

Do you know?? Russian scum did not accept our independence whats why they indavded with soldiers in 1991.

Find me the Wiki page for the protests, or just any info online. Those photos aren't protests m8

Yes, but you were saying I talked shit about there being no protests. There weren't any...

it will, you can't cheat biology, can you?

youtube.com/watch?v=t8LtQhIQ2AE&t=773s

I did enjoy how the Romanians executed Ceaușescu in 1989. We need to follow their example here.

External and internal pressure
External due to USA continually pushing the arms race forwards to a point where soviet economy couldn't handle it
Internal due to Gorbachov's reforms. Doing away with the "party is always right" narrative and laxing on the violence gave way to independence movements in most of the warsaw pact countries. Gorbachov also stopped using the Brezhnev doctrine of military intervensions to preserve communism. Once warsaw pact fell apart it was a matter of time before communism would fall in russia. Though there are still communist era politicians and officials in the russian government.

Yes because it was badly handled and a big embarrassment for the USSR who tried to keep it a secret, they wrote a blank cheque to fix the problem and drafted in most of the Soviet army, it was a big operation, it nearly became a bigger crisis as the molten core almost burned a hole in the ground and landed in a river which could have caused a nuclear explosion, but they managed to avoid it. All the clean up and liquidating too was expensive...

>calls collapse of SU as "subvertion"
>ignores obvious resistance again SU from baltic countries

So by now we can clearly establish what you're either putin bot, or some dumb UK leftie who daydreams about Soviet Union. Go fuck your self nigger.

They couldn't feed their own people and they fell behind technologically and economically.

>photos are not proof enough
Here you go, proofster
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Barricades

More like, we're broke and weak and cant keep our sphere of influence in central-eastern europe going, now is a great time to try and reform the economy and also reveal all the party secrets and now try to so communism with a human face, after 60 something years of bloody dictatorship, that will keep people in check

yeah absolutely, but subversion was always preferable to war.

The amount of cynicism towards the government the west created was quite impressive.

If you're a young fag google radio free Europe(CIA) and go from there.

Most of the bureaucracy was slowly brought off until the cards were stacked in our favour enough to collapse it all.

The cold war is fascinating

Well if this food is poison, i will most likely turn my back on it as i do daily. Its just back in USSR they didn't know it was poison wrapped in a bright paper, nobody told them. I didn't know also, but i've learned my lesson good.

Well I'm neither, so yeah

If you possess your will, you can cheat anything. If you are not, there is noone to cheat, only to be cheated.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Barricades
Fair do's

Why did that situation happen in the first place though? How did the Soviets lose the control they had had for half a century?

Just kill yourself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltic_Way

Almost the whole non-Russian population of Estonia and Latvia showed up to protest on the streets.