Why are houses in America so fucking cheap?

So I was watching one of those couple house hunting shows and the couple were debating buying a home that had to have a pool, garden and garage. The location was in Arizona and they were fretting over 230,000... 230,000!!!!!! That's a fucking steal with those amenities!!!!!!

Next there was this family who wanted to emigrate to Puerto Rico and they decided to buy a (luxury) condominium that looked to be the size of most houses with land. I don't remember the square feet but they had 4 kids and purchased it for 340,000!!!!!!!!

Here in NZ, it's UNHEARD OF to buy houses like that that look THAT nice for under at least 450,000. And that's just the house. If the location is great, to buy a decent house, you're gonna need to fork over at least 600,000 for a DECENT house. If it's luxury, 1,000,000 is the normal minimum price.

Other urls found in this thread:

baka.com.au/comment/australias-immigration-madness-without-a-population-policy-and-bursting-20180125-h0oiy1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Isn't Arizona a drain state? They get monies from the federal budget

americans have it so good yet they're always so angry and obese all the time

We have a lot of land. We have a lot of lumber. We have a lot of Mexican carpenters.

Are you adjusting to freedom bucks for your correlation? How about cost of living, average salary and crime.

nearly gunned down two crackheads this week. I don't think the low cost of living and medium wage is worth fearing for my freedom because I might not be justified gunning down a unarmed nigger in my yard with my AR

+ lots of people too. NZ is almost in the middle of nowhere so I imagine I 'm just paying transportation + compliance costs to make sure the wood has no ebola to wipe out our sheep population and a 30% tax to give back to the Maori for the gibsmedats and muh white genocide etc...

Arizona is a very cheap area for housing due to high supply and low demand, and Puerto Rico is a shithole that is technically an American territory that we "won" in the Spanish-American war. Come to a major coastal city and you're lucky to find a tin-roof shack for $600,000

wood, and they shit on Haiti with their huts too lmao

OP its because Fletchers owns almost all of the vertical supply chain with regards house building in NZ, and they even managed to make it so that the building standards specifically mention their products so you can't import cheaper (but equally as good, if not better) materials and use them instead of being bent over and fucked by Fletchers.

Most other countries restrict supply citing environmentalism or just that selfish boomer attitude where they say new developments don't fit in with the character of their neighbourhood which is just code for I'm as big a cunt as can be possible, I got a house for 50 bucks and being born in 1950 was skill and the young shouldn't have that because of my tyrannical greed and narcissism. I also vote for mass immigration because it's like giving world vision 10 bucks a month to feed a nigger and it makes me feel good because otherwise I'd be confronted with being the worthless mouth breather that I am.

Oh wow, OP, you mean to tell us someone on TV was dishonest? ??? Whaaaaaaa?

Had to read that twice

Well english is your second language.

Mass immigration makes the GDP look good! Fuck young people anyways.

I’m surprised you can read at all, did you run out of vodka, Ivan?

The leftist press is already creating a victim out of your PM because she's just had a baby, so now she doesn't have to do anything good.

>230,000
yeah, that's in the boonies. try to find a house for that price where there are good jobs.

jacinda ran on cutting immigration retard

your conservatives have gone insane with mass migration

What by about 2?

Yeah the press is going to keep her on her toes about it.

Fag.

Location location location

Unless you're buying a gaint ass mansion the location is going to be the main determinant of price.

Australia's immigration madness: without a population policy and bursting
baka.com.au/comment/australias-immigration-madness-without-a-population-policy-and-bursting-20180125-h0oiy1.html

What is it with Conservatives and miss migration?

Mexican slave labor is why housing is so cheap.

Price of freedom

They have sons with faggoty names like Hamish that need to get a job in finance. The finance industry makes most of it's money via mortgages.

The only thing they want to conserve is globalist capitalism, which demands constant growth.

This. Cost of land depends on how valuable the tax office rates it based on how much people pay for housing plus how much housing production costs. Which labor and land is cheap in a lot of places. Not here in Hawaii. Our median house is like 600k for some shitty area.

most land is ether in private or government hands, no natives holding up development
building codes are usually pretty lax because power is cheap coal
land is close to free if you're willing to drive, you want to do this because black people wont, if you can use public transport you will get section 8 renters
doing big subdivisions all at once lowers construction costs
states compete for residents, one way is too keep housing cheap

a lot of the real cheap houses are shit quality and have much higher upkeep and soon need repairs

Nigger, try looking at prices near a major city in White neighborhoods.

$1 million is the low end.

This is why red-lining was morally good.

They are cheap too in Kiwi you build it yourself.

But you are too much of a faggot to do it.

Work remote bro, All you need is an internet connection and you can live anywhere. Thinking of buying a 3-4 bedroom house on 2 acres for around 50k on the east coast. IDC about cities. I just want to raise bees / garden, make booze and relax.

Fucking Iceland, what`s the temperature there right now?

warmer than here i bet

230,000 is expesive.

-4 Deg C, it's okay, not too cold.

It's very comfy because geothermal heating allows us to waste heat like crazy inside houses.

It's all relative to what you can afford for a reasonable amount of work. They aren't cheap at all. If you think so, it's because yours are extremely overly expensive. Although you can find some real deals in certain areas, especially rural.