youtu.be/yhQQ57N-9ys
youtu.be/O5I_cFmte6Y
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=127600
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

As if anyone could do a good adaptation of Dorohedoro

They would really need to nail the art style

too easy too fuck up

It could never happen, (or should never happen,) precisely because of this:

The artstyle is so unique, sketchy, and ridiculously detailed that it just can't be captured in an anime properly, at least not without the time, money, and talent that it would never get outside of maybe a labor-of-love OVA by a studio with some cashflow, or a movie. It still would never live up to the manga, and neither of those two possible-once-in-a-thousand-years-when-all-the-planets-align possible formats could do justice to even a small piece of the plot.

I've had this manga in my "re-read when it's complete" folder for at least a decade. Is it complete yet?

Sukeban Chainsaw

I would never want an anime adaptation for a manga I truly loved, because the studio would inevitably find some way to fuck it up and people tend to go full retard whenever something gets an adaptation. For an example of the latter, consider SnK threads before the animu and threads during and after airing. JJBA is also a good example of that.

I should probably list rather than just complain so I'll say that I always thought +Anima would make for a good comfy SOL action/adventure to watch after work.

I just started dungeon meshi and that totally would work and be great. That and yotsuba.

So much this. Why does everything need a fucking adaption? Is manga not good enough? It's a fine art form in and of itself, and there's many things it can do as a format that cannot be successfully translated into anime.

I'm already feeling the wave of resentment and despair I'm probably going to feel about the Made in Abyss anime. I mean I'll watch it of course, and probably even enjoy it on many levels, but there's no way it could hope to hold up to the manga. The art already pales in comparison based on the PVs, and it's guaranteed to be censored to high heaven and back. I wish Tsukushi Akihito would just work on releasing more chapters instead of consulting for some soulless production company so they can shill his work for otakubux.

>Is manga not good enough?
To a lot of Sup Forums, no. Reading is a more demanding activity than watching because it doesn't forcefeed you a wide range of sensory experiences.

You're right of course. Humans disgust me and our society is doomed.

I'll never understand this when you can actually read at your own pace with mango instead of always being locked at 20 minutes, especially when some shows just fill the screentime with talking over pillow shots. I like to believe most people who don't read manga here do so because of the various complications (read: retarded drama) scanlators go through, shitty resolutions, hiatuses, or general unavailability.

>everything needs to have an anime
Everything does not need to have an anime.

Isn't the joke here that he only loves "tits that look right"?

Ultimately the works most deserving of an animated adaptation shouldn't get them because that level of quality can never be transferred over.

Dorohedoro is awesome. So much effort goes into making it look the way it does. All of those lines. Seriously, look at the linework in Dorohedoro. So dirty, so scratchy.

Now imagine it animated. The best studio on their best day wouldn't be able to manage it, not without totally changing the look of it.

There is no manga that "deserves" an adaptation. What you're looking for is "attention", and that I agree with. There are plenty of amazing manga out there that deserve way more attention than they get. But an anime isn't always the answer. If you fuck it up you've just wasted an amazing opportunity as well as a shitload of money, time, and effort.

Eh, society was doomed from conception and is overrated anyway. What really bothers me is peoples shit taste in everything.

I've started reading a lot (probably more reading than watching actually) of manga recently, but what stopped me before is that most series I was interested in we're not completely scanlated.
As I like to binge stuff in a couple days, this was a turn off for me. That and the fact that some series just get dropped and never finished.

This, is there a greater disappointment than binging a great manga only to realize that the last chapter of it that was translated was uploaded six months ago and there are no signs of it being continued? It's soul-crushing.

No the context was he was asked whether he loves tits which he thought was a trick question. He thought she'd think he was a pervert if he said yes and a liar if he said no so he took the middle ground and said he only liked the one on the right.

>Made in Abyss anime
I've been wracking my brain just about how they are going to pace it out over this season. 20 minute episodes and between 10-13 episodes, if they cover too much it will be rushed. If they don't cover enough they will have an awkward stopping point and lots of padding. It's a pain because I just got into this manga and as much as I liked the PVs, I'm no stranger to animated adaptations losing something that the original manga had.

>I'll never understand this when you can actually read at your own pace with mango instead of always being locked at 20 minutes
There are pros and cons to every medium. Sequential art vs animation is just another age old discussion. I agree that I wouldn't want to see my favorite series adapted because it wouldn't be given justice, art style won't carry over, etc. But I'll be devil's advocate here.

Here's an example of where Animation could work, but the workaround I've had to come up with.

Pic related is from Shiori Experience; a manga about a school teacher who becomes possessed by the spirit of Jimmy Hendricks and must become a rock legend before her next birthday otherwise she croaks. The series is about a band, and the author is amazing at conveying sound and excitement through pure visuals. He's also using known songs so it's not like I'm unable to figure out the rhythm or cadence. Arguably this series is a prime candidate for adaptation, sequential art as a medium cannot truly make you hear anything, it's all just sfx symbols, panel composition, and relying on the readers imagination. Having an actual soundtrack could make some moments better.

But since this series uses known songs, a middle ground I've been using is playing the songs or a related album in the background while I read to get me in the proper mindset. The most recent chapter had lyrics from Train-Train running in the margins so I put that on and the full effect came through (or so I feel).

>Dorohedoro anime
Fuck no. No studio would do Q's art justice. Just be satisfied with the great official OST we got.

youtu.be/LhWCAdN-SLY
youtu.be/yhQQ57N-9ys
youtu.be/O5I_cFmte6Y

Fuck off, OP.

>JJBA is also a good example of that.
I try not to think about this anymore. It hurts too much.

Perfect anime material,I think I heard that animation was planned but cancelled,reasons unknown.

How about having one of your favorite series only getting scanned up to 6 volumes, officially released up to 14 volumes, with massive fucking delays between releases, and having around 20 total volumes currently in Japan?

Not yet, it feels like it's close to finishing but there have been several other times where it's felt like it was ready to end.

Any of Mizukami's series could be animated with little potential issues. His style is simple and clean enough to not lose much in the translation to anime, they're short enough to fit into 12-24 episode adaptations without need for filler or rushing, etc. Seriously, how hard would they need to try to fuck up a 12-13 episode adaptation of Spirit Circle?

I love animation and comics equally (more leaning on comics for the whole "doing thing at your own pace" thing) but
honestly if an adaption is just shot for shot of a manga I just lose interest in it, unless it's a 4koma adaption or has fun direction (SZS' animu went great with the mango). But yeah, Shiori Experience would probably be great animated for your reasons, even if the manga is already hectic and espressive as fuck (thanks for reminding me of it, I only read the first volume).

Hoshi no Samidare is the kind of manga where you read already visualizing how the anime would be inside your head, it would be amazing to get an anime out of it

It was supposed to end nearly three whole volumes ago, but it really hasn't felt stretched or forced at all.

Seriously,how the fuck this guy doesn't have ANY animated series? Instead they are busy animating bullshit isekai.

>even if the manga is already hectic and espressive as fuck
That's why an adaptation isn't 100% needed, the artist knows their craft and you can feel the music even if you can't hear it. I guess my point is that some things will work better in animation, but it's a case by case for whether or not it should be done that way. I'm more than fine with a music playlist and the manga right now. But I can also see why a studio might push for this.

> if an adaption is just shot for shot of a manga I just lose interest in it
Have you seen the original JoJo's OAV's? How did you like that Dio fight if you did? It was an original direction that kept the same major beats, but added in new angles for the fight. I've always preferred it to the Studio David fight with is more true to the manga, but less interesting to watch.

I miss that series

Bought the first volume of this at a FUCKING BAKERY years and years ago, but the guys who brought the manga to my country went bankrupt lol
"oh but there are always scans............."
;-;7

>but it really hasn't felt stretched or forced at all.
Totally agree. There's nothing worse than manga/anime that feels like it's ran out of steam and needs to end, but like you say Dorohedoro doesn't feel like it's being dragged out at all. I only started reading it just over a week ago and I'm itching for the next chapter already.

>volume 14 English release: July 14th 2015
>volume 13: December 11th 2012

Being a fan is pure fucking suffering, anons. Those cunts at Dark Horse even rereleased the series in omnibus format since the last new volume release, but haven't translated 15 onward.

Semi related to this thread since it's became a Dorohedoro thread, but is there any more 138°E? I started reading that before Dorohedoro and it was the one that piqued my interest. Baka-Updates says there's two chapters but only one has been scanlated but other sites are saying that it's still ongoing and have links for five chapters though only one works.

I have the OVAs on my backlog but I saw Dio VS Jotaro beforehand (because it's motherfucking Mitsuo Iso) and it was great. I should just get off my ass and watch them, they have some god-tier staff behind it. I dropped 2012 Jojo animu exactly because it was the same as the manga, but with the latter being way more expressive. Sugita as Joseph and the openings were amazing though.

Perfect for at least 2cour.

Watched the movie for I Am a Hero recently and was disappointed in how they completely removed the psychological aspect the manga had. While I still need to read the last chapters (heard the ending was disappointing, now I'm scared), the first 10 or so volumes are amazingly well written. Hideo is a great MC, and I think than an anime adaptation could work if they do it akin to other supernatural mature shows (I'm thinking a less innocent and modernized Parasyte)

the art is almost made to be irreproducable by animation. its the last choice i wouldve made. animation also ~cant capture the 'tsukkomi' style of sudden transitions, which is the same reason that girl-ass-battle anime is so bad compared to the manga. animated movement cant do absurd transitions justice

Unless the industry managed to get it's head out of it's ass I don't really want any more adaptions of my favorite shows. Too much QUALITY, poor shading and god-awful censoring in modern anime. Even when an anime is meant to be violent or full of gore it often ends up just being big splashes of pointless blood and no visceral details.

mangalifeDOTusSLASHmangaSLASHDorohedoro is up to 154

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=127600

This is a different manga from the same artist

>We will never ever get a good Vinland Saga anime
>Author doesn't even want it to get adapted
>No animation studio can do his detailed artwork justice
>If we do get an adaption it's probably just going to be a one arc "read the manga" show

It hurts to live

Horimiya

No man, after what happened to Berserk, I'm good. An Ova would be nice though.

I love all these characters.

I like Zombie Slushi

What is Gantz?

>author doesn't even want it to get adapted
VERY GOOD

wow i never knew, this is great

Lanky Kaiman has such a punk feel to him.

This is fantastic

Molester man really should get like 4 ovas dedicated to it

>Those stick for legs on Ebisu
>Skinny Kaiman
Early Dorohedoro was pretty weird.

Thays my experience with sgt. Frog of all things. For some reason, nobody will scan anything past volume 20. There's like 2 random chapters after that but nothing else. Im fucking pissed. I thought sgt. Frog was supposed to be popular, did lucky star lie? Then why is nobody translating it or even uploading the jaoanese so i can do ir myself?

there's even that part where the MC points out that School Rumble "would never be as good as the manga" where they could make a nice meta-joke

>ending was disappointing

I mean it was thematically fitting I guess, being thematic does not equal being good. Just prepare for the worst, it might soften the blow.

Hell yeah, I just really want it either redrawn or animated

edgy tryhard trainwreck