Hey remember the times when we joked about the possibility of anime being on steam...

Hey remember the times when we joked about the possibility of anime being on steam? How ridiculous that scenario might be, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/sale/crunchyroll
store.steampowered.com/app/653320/Kemono_Friends/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its not a vidya. why it would be on steam?

Valve is trying to shift from just being an online video game store to being a general media provider. Just wait, next will be music and books.

>Normal price for a single cour show is around 12 dollars
Isn't CR's subscription like 15 or something? Surely not even Steam users are dumb enough to buy that.

>giving the cartel money

Why? Anime is now on Steam?

>Implying normalfags know what torreting is.

>Hahaha, anime on steam. So funny. That'll never happen though.
>Normalfags don't even know what anime is.

Those were much simpler times.

Valve has primarily been a digital service platform operator for like a decade now, they are not a video game company.

eh, whatever.
I honestly don't know what the big deal is.

Valve already sells some music and artbooks for some games, BUT WHERE THE HELL IS MY HL3.

piss off memelord

>user never grew up playing HL, TF, and CS
>never sprayed anime tiddies and BOOM HEADSHOT
You're too young to be posting on this site sweetie. Reddit has a summer daycare with a rainbow crayon version of ms paint just for you.

projecting

Oh it's cute. Reddit baby learned its first psychology buzzword.

4€ for the whole season? Don't lie to yourself.

Buddy, HL1 and 2 helped define an era or two, but it's a different world now. Valve aren't going to make HL3 because they know they can't make a game as significant to the industry as the first two were. Some key staff members have even left the company altogether. It's time to move on.

More to the point, Valve SHOULDN'T make a third game because modern Valve are just shit.
And even MORE to the point - HL3 was basically de-confirmed in an interview with Gabe Newell back in 2015. I don't understand how is it not common knowledge yet.

Crunchyroll did a good job tricking Steam in to putting anime for sale on their platform.
CR has the home video rights to a lot of shows, but they don't have a distributor and don't want to spend money on producing physical DVDs/BDs. So they just sell the rights to Steam to make some quick cash and then Steam is left with a product that no one on their service will buy since it's just streaming (but since you are paying per show, it counts as "home video" purchase and doesn't infringe on CR's or any of their competitors streaming rights). And the CR membership is cheaper anyway, or free if you can suffer through ads. Or they can just watch for free if they torrent.

Steam really got tricked.

This maybe a bit too late to say but anime has become mainstream. It's no longer a niche thing. The more platforms for subscription services to sell anime to the masses the more the cost per individual it will take to watch a whole season of anime enriching the pockets of all of these sites with one or two anime licensed. For people that have a moral compunction against piracy this is only going to be an expensive hobby to them when they can get everything they want for free. Eventually we're going to see more crackdowns on copyright and then the only option is to pay for it and out the nose for it. This has been brought up before but would now be a good time to think of decentralized ways to share anime?

>This maybe a bit too late to say but anime has become mainstream. It's no longer a niche thing
Yeah. That happened in the 1990's.

Yeah I bought one episode to test when it came out and you can't even download the fucking episodes just stream them so what's the point really? Also some shows have terrible subs as in having obnoxious black borders or being full on close captions so every little noise is written and you don't have an option in that regard you're stuck with it, just like every new feature Steam came out with in the past couple of years it's just some half baked shit that'll be forgotten in a few weeks which is what actually happened (also see steam machines, controller, the useless "is this game relevant to you" bullshit which they could've done a lot better, VR, the disaster that was greenlight, SteamOS, and the list goes on and on and on)

store.steampowered.com/sale/crunchyroll

I never understood why people liked steam, you're just indefinitely renting your games till you get banned for something.

Lie to myself, what do you mean?

If this service let you download them to watch whenever you want in 1080p + upgraded to BD visuals when possible i probably wouldn't mind paying for certain shows on steam. Problem is that it's streaming only and some of the money go to crunchyroll and barely any of it to the creators, if it was just the standard valve take 25% and give rest to the creators it might unironically be one of the better ways to support the studios in the west, next to probably merchandise.

It's convenient

Cheap games mostly.

They've even roughly the same price as the edit from years ago. Christ.

Remember the time when anime had loli lewd? How ridiculous that would be if it was removed, right?

I'm honestly surprised it's taken this long. In fact, I'm surprised other media outlets didn't look at Steam 10 years ago and say "hey we can copy this model to distribute television and music".

But netflix started streaming exactly 10 years ago.

>streaming
no thanks, I will never EVER pay for movies/TV until they give me the option to buy a license to download the entire thing in a non-proprietary format

The-there's no way that's gonna happen, right?
Surely the western distributors won't censor our anime, right?
I'm sure that Japanese won't also change their anime patterns to cater to bigger western market.
We're safe anons, am I rite?

We sure are. There's absolutely no way that, for example, illustrators like Megami or Nyantype will stop making very sexualized scans of anime little girls.

Ofcourse user. We're all safe. Just like the video game market, it will stay the same and cater only to the people that actually needed the games to get through their daily lives.
There's no way it'll look to the rest of the world and say
>We want a piece of that casual pie
Not going to happen.
Sleep tight user, and when you wake up, everything will be the same as it was when you were a child, so don't you worry your pretty little head.

I want to be live you so much, but why does it fell you're lying to me user-kun?

>Just like the video game market, it will stay the same and cater only to the people that actually needed the games to get through their daily lives.
Don't do this user, just don't

>some shows have terrible subs
well they are selling crunchy "through the dark lord amen" roll's official releases

Fuck off Miles.

Are you bad enough dude to show everyone you watch Prisma Ilya?

I'm fucking buying New Game though.

CS was the origin of modern CoD kiddies.

it was also a shit game.

Good luck with that.

>want to watch a movie
>maybe I will rent it on Amazon, it's only $4
>you need a super special awesome Amazon approved monitor and cables to be able to watch this in quality that isn't garbage
>go to TPB and download the BDrip

It was the game for all the lowlife scumbags where I'm from

I think that's universal around the globe.

>Psychological Horror

Whew

store.steampowered.com/app/653320/Kemono_Friends/

Did anyone bought something? do you get cards, achievemnts, hats or whatever?

I it was 25% to Steam and rest to creators i would just buy and stream the airing anime Im now downloading.

>other games like this
>Magic: The Gathering
>Motorcycle Simulator 2017