Is it me or did Peter start a church and start collecting money’s as soon as Jesus died...

Is it me or did Peter start a church and start collecting money’s as soon as Jesus died. The story of acts 5:1-11 ananias and sapphira is crazy. No one ever laid money at the feet of Jesus. What’s up with Peter. Did Peter have god kill that poor couple over money.

It's almost as if Peter was a Roman who subverted the religion to Roman paganism.
You DO give money to the Roman gods.

It's almost as if it was run by a bunch of kikes worshipping a dead kike on a stick hmmm

It's almost as if the religion of Christianity served two purposes:
1. Subvert Roman culture
2. Collect shekels

I wonder who could've possibly schemed up such a catastrophic idea? Had Christ been allowed to live his life, we'd probably have still ended up with a real religion, regardless.

I wouldn’t mind a christian point of view

>Is it me or did Peter start a church and start collecting money’s as soon as Jesus died.
Jesus gave him power of attorney, fuck off heathen.
"And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it"
"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
Matthew 16:18-19

This is a Christian?

Acts 5 takes part in Israel you imbecile.

>Jesus gave him power of attorney
nowhere does it say that in the verses you lying papist

But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Yes, Catholic particularly

Jaxowanya Kurdish.

Sup Forums is not good, you not know?

trolling is teaching, and you'll never forget it now.
elemosynam acciperet, this is the next thing you need to learn, heathens. and remember, salus extra ecclesiam non est, qui non pertinent ad civitas dei, pertinet ad civitas diaboli.
which means: don't fuck around or you'll regret it for eternity.

are there no good answers To this question here

>are there no good answers To this question here
the answer is that sin is no joke.

Are you seriously looking for an answer or just anti-christian bashing for the lulz?

Acts 4:34,35... it's simply the context.

People had gathered in Jerusalem for the Pentecost... Peter did a talk and many were converted. But they could not stay because they were just here for the Pentecost... so local christians gathered ressources to help their foreign brothers.

What was the sin? lying, no chance to repent

is it ok for you ?

lying in the face of god, greed, pride.

You're forgetting
>3. Keep the populace pacified and afraid

I’m serious I just read a few of the gospels. And their very uplifting and inspiring then I skip to acts and it get kinda crazy

The people existed, the story has changed too many times to know what's real. Tribe of DN has succeeded in confusing everyone for the last six thousand years.
Can we please stop using their stories as reference material too? Because it's exactly like quoting harry potshit novels as gospel

>Peter takes charge among the Jews
>Based Paul sees Jesus on the road to Damascus
>Paul confronts Peter about his Jewing it up
>They "agree" that Paul will go and be the guy who takes Christianity to the gentiles
>Paul goes on to build the greatest faith ever while Peter and the subsequent popes suck balls forever

Acts is very nice, it's the beginning of Christianism.

>then I skip to acts and it get kinda crazy
it's not supposed to be easy, quite the opposite.
"'Enter by the narrow gate, since the road that leads to destruction is wide and spacious, and many take it; but it is a narrow gate and a hard road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
matthew 7:13-14

I’ll keep reading

So... just take the context into account and don't read too quickly. Good job on reading the Bible. It can be tricky sometimes, but, even if you're not a believer, it's a great part of mankind's culture.

>Jesus praised a woman for giving her last penny to the synagogue
>Jesus and the disciples had a TREASURER (Judas)

Jesus wasn't against having or using money, he was against associating righteousness and eternal value with earthly things which are most easily distilled as the concept of money. How come it takes so fucking long for anyone to point this out?

Peter was continuing the practice of Christ on wider scale by pooling the resources of those following Christ. By withholding money and lying about it annanias and saphira were showing that they are more concerned with worldly things than spiritual things and were not truly faithful to Christ.

Good.

Feel free to ask questions here.

I don't know, what's up with harry potter and all that wizardry.

Actually, it would be better if he asked his questions on infinitychan's /christian/. The anons over there are well versed in scripture, more so than here. All you get here when creating Christian threads are replies of muh paganism, muh kike on a stick, muh muh ad infinitum.

Thanks I’ll go there next time

No problem.

Again, that's exactly like saying they're well versed in any book series, like Wheel of Time or Game of Thrones. Upper echelon masonic jews use this as a reason to call us animals and tread us as such because they fell for their engineered theological concepts

I'll have a look. Not difficult to be better than here.

>us
>they
oops
that's what happens when you leave the script, kikel

What an idiot.