youtube.com/watch?v=khrWz6lkon4
my.mixtape.moe/pligap.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you think Summer will be better?

>implying summer will be any better
Fall is where it's at.

Implying Mad in Abyss isn't airing next season

Agree, winter was better.

I dont want to watch an adaptation that wont cover 1/10th of what Ive already read

>Made in Abyss
>A Centaur's life
>NTR: Netsuzou Trap

It's already miles better

How do you know that?

>Winter
Akiba's Trip.
>Spring
FAG.

What's going to be summer contenders for surprise of the season with good Sup Forumsnons for company?

>A Centaur's life
Is that z-ton's anime?

But the anime of the year aired this Spring season. There was also FAG, Alice, ID-0 and Bahamut. Shuumatsu and Sakura's Butt were watchable. Summer on the other side looks barren.

>New Game!!
>Sequel to AOTY 2016
Summer's looking nice.

Winter was loads better than Spring but 2017 will still probably be a good year overall. 2016 was decent, and 2014 and 2015 were two of the worst years in anime.

Good riddance indeed. LWA and in a lesser degree Sakura Quest, Eromanga-sensei and FAGs were the only things worth watching.

>Akiba's Trip

No.

Seriously, I've never experienced such a shitty, bland, unlikeable season before. I hope no one ever mentions this god awful season ever again.

It was alright as far as seasons go. Not the worst. Maybe if you are a newfag that wasn't here for 2015.

>No KyoAni
>No Doga Kobo
>Trigger underperforming
>BONES doing shounen shit
>Wit sequel to their most newfag-friendly IP
>AOTS contenders are CG shit, shounen, and eromanga sensei
Compared to the dry seasons in 2015, they mostly had 1 show really worth watching. Spring 2017 just doesn't feel as bad because, unlike every season in 2015, it's sandwiched between 2 really good seasons.

>watching shounen
>watching eroshit
>wanting more kyoani after the trash they shat out last season
>a taste so bad that only suicide could hope to cure it

When I said "AOTS contenders" that was misleading. It just seems like Sup Forums is gravitating to either FAGs, SnK or Eromanga, judging by that god awful strawpoll thread. I don't particularly like any of them.
Maid Dragon was good though.

I always have to wonder why people watch anime if they apparently hate 99% of it and claim every season is garbage with no redeeming qualities.

Man, back in my days spring shows actually meant something

I just don't watch much seasonal anime, I keep up with one or two shows that I like enough and see after the end if there's something worth watching. Usually when I say somethings shit, it's because it's bland and boring, not because I think it's really the worst thing ever made.

It's funny because you Sup Forumsermin say everything is awful no matter what very epic for the win thread user

We`ve seen better stuff.

From my side, I always imagine the only ones super excited about several shows every season are newfags who recently discovered anime. That is fine. We were like that before, but try to understand our point of view.

See you next season!

>us oldfags right bro
I've been watching an average of 40 shows a season since spring 09. You're just a jaded fuck who outgrew anime and don't like to see other people still able to enjoy themselves.

I'll admit when a season is good. What I don't understand are the people who complain that all new seasons are "nothing but moeshit" with no evidence or any explanation as to how that would be a bad thing.

This. I can still enjoy anything from seasonal pandering trash, to LoGH, to Kaiji, to G Gundam, to Jinrui, to YYS, to M.D. Geist and most of the stuff in between. People say I just have no taste but I counter that they just forgot how to enjoy things and confused that for having taste. They spend so much time being mad at anime that I just can't do anything but feel bad for them and go back to discussing the shows I'm watching with others who are doing the same.

>I've been watching an average of 40 shows a season
Jesus. Give me the actual number sempai. I mean, I watch maybe 3 a season for a few years now and I feel like I watch too much. Please tell me how many shows a real anime fan watches per season.

>Just 3 a season
Not him but unless the season's really barren, I tend to watch about twice that number. Sure I usually wind up forgetting about them after a while but that's why I start to keep screencaps to remind me of what i watched even if I don't sort them.

I just can't bring myself to watch that many per seasons to be honest. I started to get "serious" about anime around 2014 or so, and I'd say my average is 3 per season. My excuse is that there's a lot of good older shows I still have to watch, but even once I've seen all the good ones I still don't think I can keep up.

I just pick up everything that seems interesting to me and if I like the pilot then I stick when them.

Sure, I kind of do the same. But I usually end up with 2 or 3 shows I like per season. Everyone's taste is different I guess.

I'm sad because nyaa dying pretty much killed fansubs this season. Only group I've seen do constant releases was Asenshi.

Fansubs were dead long before nyaa, m8.

>nyaa dying pretty much killed fansubs this season
That's bullshit. The groups that were around just move on to a different tracker/nyaa replacement.

Well, it pretty much put the final nail in the coffin. I don't watch HS, so I only watched like LWA and 23 episodes that were released from the 7 shows I wanted to watch (and there're 2 shows with no fansubs in that)

Yeah, but some groups pretty much stopped uploading anything since nyaa died.

>don't like to see other people still able to enjoy themselves.
While some are probably that way, I don`t see a problem with people enjoying the current stuff. Just as there are several individual threads for people who love this season`s shows, there are a quite a few old anime threads, and occasionally threads like this "this season sucks". What is the problem with that?

I heard that some companies had some research done on anime fans and the great majority of the fandom has a lifespan of about 2 years. They discover it, watch a shitload of it, some go to conventions, then they get sick and tired of it. The majority of people hating are probably them. Most oldfags are probably at /m/.

Having hope this late in the game

youtube.com/watch?v=khrWz6lkon4

Will Stan Lee save anime?

Hell no. The guy's not even bothering to save comics anymore. At this point, he's just doing shit like using his name for publicity. Batman anime is the only actually good attempt at west and jap collab anyway. All the marvel ones were either mediocre or rubbish.

There were three shows I actually enjoyed this season, which is three times my normal number, so I'd call it a good season.

Is A Centaur's Life made by the same guy as Monster Musume?

All coming seasons will be awful, until the anime industry gets fresh blood or stops over producing anime.
The industry has a lack of good writers (nearly no good originals), and adapts too many works.
This caused a lack of "good"scource material.
The manga/LN/VN industy can't provide enough "good" stories, so every garbage gets adapted.

They could always start adapting actual Jap novels, not WNs and LNs. Or even Western shit, if they're really lazy.

I'd have said this a year or two ago but the past 2 Falls have been pretty shitty.

Sakura Quest, Warau Salesman, Re:Creators and little Witch Academia are all worth watching. That's pretty good for a season

There's plenty of good manga and LNs to adapt. The issue is many of those are long finished and the anime industry is largely used for advertisement and nothing else. There's no sense advertising something that ended years ago. And even with currently running stuff companies don't want to put out the money to make a quality product so you end up with a half-assed no budget shitfest like Berserk.

What spring shows are worth watching ?
I only watched Bahamut

Very good taste

That's a good point. It's a real shame too, because there are a lot of classic manga that would benefit from a good anime adaptation, but which will never be touched.

Re Creators
ZeroHaji
Kado
BnHA

The issue is that adaptions are decided by production committees.
The committees generally include the publisher of the source material, the BD distributer and multiple other companies (merchandise, music,....).
The studio is just doing contact work for the committee (exception Kyoani).
So to get Japanese novels, or Western shit you need to have the publisher of the source see anime as a profitable business venue, which generally isn't the case.

Wasn't the Berserk anime made as advertisment for the game? I am pretty sure that this weren't the usual circumstances.

>There's plenty of good manga and LNs to adapt. The issue is many of those are long finished and the anime industry is largely used for advertisement and nothing else.
You are right in this regard, but this is also largly caused by the lack of good or even decent writers.
If your average anime writer isn't even capable to adapt a bad action harem properly, then there is no chance that he can adapt something like Berserk.
It's not like that the anime industry didn't have a chance to go beyond being advertisment, but they fucked up almost every time.

Winter 2017 had Maid Dragon, Youjo Senki, Kono Suba, Gabriel, and the legend of Kemono Friends
they all made this season's animes look weak as fuck

>spring is over
>It's summer already

Fucking summerfags are back

This season was good for fantasy fags

>implying Sup Forums didn't enjoy battle harem shitposting this season

>Maid Dragon
>Kemono Friends

Both of those are gutter trash shows though.

>I heard that some companies had some research done on anime fans and the great majority of the fandom has a lifespan of about 2 years. They discover it, watch a shitload of it, some go to conventions, then they get sick and tired of it. The majority of people hating are probably them. Most oldfags are probably at /m/.
All of this sounds accurate. A lot of people get burned out on anime after a relatively short period of time and leave, while it seems like most people who stay into anime for a long time inevitably pick up retro shows en masse as they burn through stuff from recent memory. This also inevitably leads them to a dearth of mecha shows. Combine this with the fact that /m/ is occasionally referred to as the de-facto retro anime board, and they go there. if it weren't for the shitposters /m/ has picked up over the last two years the board would be one of the comfiest on the site.

Kememe Friends is literally the worst anime since Dai Shogun. And the single worst cgi in the industry making even Berserk look like a well animated masterpiece.

It's not even the worst CGI from that studio you newfag. GdGd Faeries exists.
Not to mention you didn't even watch it.

This was actually the worst season I can remember in a while. There were maybe 5 shows that were good, and the rest were amazing disappointments.

>Kememe Friends has great animation and voice acting! Y-You just didn't watch it!
No matter how many times you make this argument, it will be wrong every time.

my.mixtape.moe/pligap.webm

You faggots say this every season. Maybe it's time you take a short break from anime and pick up a different hobby for a change.

1. Link the post where I said that.
2. GdGd Faeries was worse and this is indisputable.
3. There was that one cooking show two or so years ago too.

not an argument

Also, the number of people who defend the drifting from Ep1 is exactly zero.

>"nothing but moeshit"

If someone uses the word moeshit you can safely disregard anything else they have to say.

I archived 8 shows this season not even counting carryovers and sequels. I consider that pretty good.

Again, you lot keep saying this every single season. What argument do you want? If you want me to just pat you on the back for how patrician your taste, then go to reddit. There's probably a board for retro anime where you can have other people happily agree with how shit modern anime is.

There's nothing to argue against since you aren't making any significant point to start with. This "not an argument" retort is lazy as fuck (and also a pretty overused one), by the way.

name a worse season

There was FAG though, I loved every second of it.

No actually, people always say that at the start of each season, not after it's over. I finish about 15 shows a season, and this one has been the most underwhelming I'm a while. I can't remember the last time I only genuinely looked forward to a handful of shows each week. Last season, for example, was great.

Ao is great, Base is precious.

I admittedly do this kind of a lot but I literally dropped every show this season which I have never once done

Well what did you drop? At least FAG was >fun

Mein negger.

>dropped Bahamut
>dropped SukaSuka
>dropped Granblue
>dropped Tanukis and Tengu
>dropped Loli Witch and Furry Mercenary
>dropped ReCreators (once instead of every week)

I can understand dropping FAG because of the cg or QUALITY Planet despite it being one of the more interesting LN adaptations in years. But why are you bragging about your shit taste?

You listed one good show.

>I can understand dropping FAG because of the cg or QUALITY Planet despite it being one of the more interesting LN adaptations in years.
I wish they had been able to make the whole thing in 2D instead of doing it piecemeal where they could, otherwise the show was pretty good. The parts that were in legit full 2D were great and the characters (except the Materias) all had good personalities and were interesting to watch. Hopefully Koto can throw the money they need to do that ai it for season two.

dude this season was fucking AWESOME. Boruto is just okay but My Hero Academia is badass and AoT is epic as always. The Sword Art Online movie was also really good, saw it a couple months ago.

Are you just mad that it didn't have any of the liberal beta moeshit like last season did?

I can't even tell if this is ironic shitposting anymore.

That is the sad state of Sup Forums.
Invaded by normfags, Reddit, Tumblr, shitposter, Sup Forums, SJWs, and now we even have the summerfags to deal with.

>liberal beta moeshit

Yeah. REAL MEN want shows about strength and virtue, not some fucking girly blobs. Watch some based manly anime like Berserk (another great anime this season), SJW faggot.

>watching tons of new shows per season is for newfags

The clear AOTS is Tsuki ga kirei. This season was alright but it felt weaker compared to last season.

The clear AOTS is Eromanga Sensei. Tsuki ga Kirei was pretty good, though.

Berserk Hero Zero

best season in ages

How many spring 2017 shows have you seen? You have to actually watch that season, not just 3 or 4 shows and then go around telling everyone what a shit season it was. Spring was very watchable: 3 decent fantasies, 2 mystery sci-fis, 2 major shounens, 2 battle harems with atypical MC, 3 comfy shows and 2 meme shows with fun threads. Sure it could've used better SoLs and seinen, but still a good season nonetheless. Not the best, but definitely not "awful".

Next season will potentially be the same: 4 isekais, 4 sols, monogatari entry, fate entry, ufotable action, 2 adaptations of good manga, and who knows what else will be interesting when the season actually comes around.

I started with almost 20 this season. It was a shitty season.

>hehe le eromanga sensei is good meme!!1
kill yourself

>Ironic shitposting with le
Kill yourself, you crossboarding piece of shit.

This season for example, I've started by watching 30 shows, dropped 4 of them, watched the first few episodes of 5, and I'm caught up with the rest of them. By the end of the season, it'll probably be around 25 shows completed.

>It was a shitty season.
Compared to what? If you compare it to the last few years (last, say, 15 seasons), this season is clearly above average. Actually, 2017 up till now is looking to be much better than the previous few years, at least in the amount of watchable shows per season, if not the quality of individual shows.

what the fuck dude

Compared to literally last season. This season has a couple of great shows, a couple of good ones, a whole mess of average ones, then some CG garbage. It was a bad season.

>a whole mess of average ones
I'll take that any time over a season with 3 top-tier shows if that means I'll have only 60 minutes of anime to watch every week while the rest is unwatchable. My bored hours need to be filled. 10 good shows over 2 excellent ones; quantity over quality every time.

They weren't good shows, they were "I guess I won't drop this" shows. And then on top of that, there were a bunch of let downs. If you're only watching anime to kill time and not because you actually like anime, then the problem is on your end.

Nothing about my post is bait. Tsuki ga kirei is great and one of the better romance anime in recent years.