/LOG living off the grid - WW3 hellfire. Know your ressources, use them from tail to snout

In this edition, I teach you the entire traditional cashew nut processing method.
Why? Because when shit hits the fan you got to be ready and know what you have.

Pic is of Cashew apple + nut.
The cashew apple is not a real fruit. It contains no seeds, only sweet sweet juice that can be made into fantastic booze or had as a juice. Cashew apple juice is also very sweet but can still be consumed by diabetics. In its native ranges, the locals make clarified cashew juice...it is one of the most fantastic things to drink quasi-frozen.

The gray part is where the nut is situated. The cashew nut is the single seed, it resides behind a corrugated outer seed shell that is filled with CNSL (cashew nut shell liquid). Another inner shell protects the precious seed from dessication.

Other urls found in this thread:

answers.practicalaction.org/our-resources/item/manual-screw-press
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loquat
eatthismuch.com/food/view/cashew-juice,85584/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Little gray part is twisted off, dried in the sun and pierced. I usually gently crush these in my screw press to obtain the CNSL liquid. It serves as a fuel and is perfect for treating wood against beetles and termites.

Let us see how effective this fuel is.

CNSL is warming up and producing a very toxic smoke.....watch it ignite!

Sweet Jesus

Why hello satan

Very interesting...will look up more about this

Perfectly roasted, the outer shill will be brittle, give a little hammering and you get to the inside peel..if it is cooked right, it will just come off with a gentle shake

Perfectly roasted cashew nut...

All this madness was with 1 single nut, we usually cook 200-300 in one go.

How widespread do cashews even grow?

glad you enjoyed :)

Close to the equator, it requires lots of heat and sun.

There is a mini version of the cashew fruit/nut, it probably can grow indoors or in a green house, don't know if it would give fruit however.

To cold press the CNSL oil and obrtain roasted cashew oil, I had the following built for about 300$USD

For people in the US, there are other products you can use from a tree. Hickory trees come to mind. Many aren't tasty, but if you have access to pecans or walnuts then you are in business.

Thanks for the vital addition

niccccce

Ah, I didn't notice your name at first. Cool stuff. I didn't know the apple was edible, but I knew the nut part was like poison ivy or some shit.

Cool shit OP, bamp.

I have a ton of black walnut trees

Bucket where nuts or fruits are placed.

The tray, press plate and bucket are made of stainless steel. The screw can only be lubricated with food grade grease to make it sanitary and according to health/safety rules.

This design was made by an Anglo, wonderful work!

Have the press made like I did and enjoy cold pressed walnut oil...worth a small fortune, especially if you use a manual screw press

>
Is it uma delicia

Thanks, i am going to do this

I'll contribute.

This is for Gulf Coast bros, maybe some A1A people too.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loquat

These things grow like weeds around here, but whenever I ask people about them, they never know what I'm talking about. Super perishable, but really tasty. I can't tell you a bunch of shit to do with them, but they're good.

Also, I see shoots of what appears to be grass, but it's more slender, and a richer green color. It's wild onion. If you're unsure, just pinch the stalk and smell it. If it smells like onion, it probably is. The ones around here make tiny little pearl onion sized bulbs, but they're still edible.

Very welcome, well worth the price. Make sure the dude follows the specs.

Protip> after you have harvested the nuts, make sure you grind them as fine as possible, this will allow you to get way more oil and the resulting walnut flour can be sold to cake people or restaurants.

>pic in that post was onion grass, this is a loquat tree flowering

Nice info, I will look into getting seeds, onions don't grow so well in my region.

Thanks for the contribution

a beauty!

What about acorn oil? Any other valuable colder climate nuts?

The apple is quite delicious, the entire fruit is like a sponge.

The CNSL that resides in the honey comb like structure of the outer shell will burn your skin much like poison ivy and can be deadly if ingested.

Yeah, onion doesn't seem to do too well in hot places but I have a brown thumb.

I had picked some on the US Gulf Coast and tried to grow it in central Florida but I think the heat was just too oppressive.

The bark of a Joshua tree make excellent bedding and can be woven into a tough, hemp like fiber. It’s an excellent tinder as well

If it has about 30% oil content, you can press it using a manual screw press. There are so many wild nuts in every part of the world that a press like this pays for itself in quality oil.

that's nice but they wont survive my climate
I like seeing agriculture from other places

for me its corn
also hay and cows
within a 10 mile radius of my home there are thousands of acres of corn

I tried with a wide range but the plants were not too happy, even under shade cloth. You also have to consider the amount of daylight/night time in your area. As I live close to the equator, I get a constant 12-12

You are in the midwest?

You still have a very decent vegetative season. I bet if you gave a mini cashew tree a very large pot and brought it out in summer, you may be able to get some nuts but no fruit (the nut pops out first, fruit comes second)

This nut is very expensive at places.

And very nutritious if you guys lift.

In regard to a previous thread; You said that you couldn't sell medical herb stuff because it has expensive starting costs and you woldn't be allowed to make a profit for some reasopn exept you're a church.
So why don't you found one if you only need a handful people? Just found some pagan sounding Mother Nature thing with the goal of spreading gods gifts amoung the world or some shit like that?

I would, but most people here fear being considered in a cult.
Most of my family and friends are very christian, they won't be down with the idea.

Oh and before I forget, it might be beter not to post these threads too often.
We already had times in which lots of gardening/ self relience threads were made. This always works well until one mod gets assblasted and shuts everything down, so a bit slower pase might be better

Thanks for the advice.

Have you used these nut roller things before?

The apple and nut fall together from the tree, you have to twist the nut off the fruit

I tried one for picking up the apples that are on the ground
its not as good as squatting to pick them up but I use it when there are a lot of bees on some apples. bees like apples too and sometimes there are a lot of them. the bees actually eat a whole apple sometimes. normally they are happy because of eating the apple but they don't like getting thrown in a bucket

that´s the fucking joshua tree?? we call it izote here in veracruz, you can eat the flowers but you must pick the central stalks that taste bitter, the petals make a tasty meal, and young shoots are tender on the inside, you can eat them cooked or pickled, we call them palmitos

what about using a claw? Like the one people in wheelchairs use to grab things

bump for quality bread
love your work, BRfarmerbro

Interesting, our palmito comes from the Açai tree or the peach palm tree (pic)

palmito = heart of palm in English

I am deathly allergic to cashews and other tree nuts. What do I do? I've already looked into growing grain and milling flower

Thank you very much

Flour*

I think it would be really hard to pick up an apple with one of those
I find that squatting and picking them up by hand is the easiest and most efficient but also don't like getting stung if an apple is covered with bees. so I leave those ones last and come back to pick up the ones the bees got into

There is a new technique they use where they introduce allergic people to microscopic amounts of nuts to get your system from going into shock.

I read about it the other day, can't remember where. If you live ina climate that can grow wheat, you should consider looking into amaranth. You can eat the leaves and make flour from the seed. Amaranth is like Quinoa, the grain is packed with protein, minerals and vitamins.

no wonder your cans and jars of pickled palmito are so much better, the one here is harder and less flavorful but still edible

you can eat fresh amaranth flowers too, we call them romeritos, they´re usually tied together, battered in whipped egg and fried before being served with some tomato sauce, they can be filled with cheese too,
the roasted popcornlike seeds are also used to make atole, and a peanut brittle like thing all stuck together with weak caramel called alegría

you can also make tamales from the roasted seed or with the fresh flowers

it's this thing that smells fucking bad no? When I was in french guiana I was hanging with some black guys that ate it

The Açai variety is said to be tastier, but I prefer peach palm hearts. The tree also grows this orange fruit that can be used to make flour. It tastes very nutty and delicious (pic showing the peach palm flowering)

The white flower above are from the Moringa tree. Another essential tree (food, water purification). Grows from seed to tree in 6 months

Where am I supposed to find cashews here, you stupid monkey.

Nice!

Thanks for the info, I LOVE Mexican food.

ya, it smells VERY strong and is very toxic.

In Russia

You can find CNSL sold in bulk on the net

Bumb with the info that anyone who wants to life more indipendent should also consider making their own cosmetic articles.
Industrial ones contain lots of aluminum which is suspecting of creating altzheimers and making soap yourself is fairly easy and cheap. Even looks better and can be sold to others.

Cashew juice is poisonous, faggot. Nice try.

>mfw hans doesn't read the thread
back to the shed with you

HAHAHHAHA sure

eatthismuch.com/food/view/cashew-juice,85584/

I have solutions to that as well. Here is fruit from the soap tree

behold the soapy action

This is just by placing the fruit in water...if you let the fruit soak in water for 1 or 2 hours, you can make mad foam

Anf for tooth brush, tooth paste

Green part is like tooth paste. You use the stick to clean your teeth and then chew to release the toothpaste. Keep in mouth for 2 minutes, swishing around and you have the cleanest teeth ever.

Proven scientifically to remove stains, plaque and kill bacteria in the mouth. I make and sell these to people that do backpacking

Which plant is this?

A tree, Zizyphus joazeiro..rare shit.

The fruit tastes like sweet pears and makes great white wine.

that looks really cool OP. unfortunately those exotic plants wont grow in my lands, and planting wheat and potatoes doesnt so like much of a fun. I guess a greenhouse could work with some plants

Why not use a toothbrush? You can get travel brushes that fold into a themselves to keep the brush from getting nasty.

If you have a green house and can start plants indoors, you can look into amaranth, the wheat of South America. It grows in Canada, so you may have a chance of making it work.

The leaves can also be eaten, super nutritious

Because this tree bark is made for teeth cleaning, weighs nothing and you only use once. Don't need to worry that your plastic toothbrush will end up in a landfill somewhere.

Added bonus, I give larger branches to my dogs so they can clean their mouth...works great

Any recommendations for things to grow in a climate with close to freezing in winter and over 40 Celsius in summer?

With a decent greenhouse/heated greenhouse...you can grow a great many plants.

I would suggest you grow amaranth, it is easy to grow and is super nutritious. You can also eat the leaves.

I start them as single seeds in a tray and transplant them to biodegradable plant bags. I then clear a small piece of land and transplant. This way bugs don't eat the seedlings and within 2 weeks those fuckers just pick up. They are very showy and provide edible leaves and grain.

The advantage of amaranth over all grain crops is that it can wilt to look like microwaved salad but will because perfect again if you water them

*become

you burn it a bit.

You always get a little dark part, it does not disturb the taste at all.

>cook 200-300

how big is that fire.

about 1 foot tall... sometimes you hit a spot and it erupts, producing a 6 inch blow torch

oh, ok.

Why not just conquer liberals after shtf? It would be easy to raid them and they would make for very cheap labor.

I'll contribute some fishing knowledge.
Fishing rivers and creeks should be done primarily around deeper pools of water and natural eddies in a current. The majority of the fish you catch should be of the larger species such as striper bass, catfish, walleye, and so on. The trick is to best present a minnow like lure that best mimicks their actions and behaviors. For Catfish you should panfish first in order to get the desired baitfish. Then use them as bait for said fish. It works best if they are recently dead too.

Some survival forums are advocating getting the rocket fishing rod but in truth, these are a terrible addition to your bag. it is best to get a 5 foot 6 medium action pole that breaks down into 2 parts. Use spider wire as it tends to be smaller than conventional mono-filament and can support heavier weights.

A few Americans might murder a ton of people and need to escape and lay low for a while, what better place to hide than a jungle in the middle of nowhere?

BULLSHIT ASSHOLE CASHEW FRUIT IS BITTER AS SHIT!

I want a harem of soi bois now. I can force feed them estrogen and more soy too, to make them even more feminine. Of course I'd have a harem of actual girls too.

Thank you for that contribution

Fruit of the soap tree (I posted a pic above) can be used to stun/kill fish caught in a pool of water. Some natives use it to fish in trapped pools.

Have the soiboys breastfeed the slaves while the women make white babies

You all right?

Thanks, I will have nightmares tonight

>It’s an excellent tinder as well
wow, extremely flammable bed? count me in

The bedding doubles as a witch burner.

how big is your farm? do you have any of these modern megafar tractors/harvesters?

Nope, mostly manual equipment

My lot is 40m x 40m, started with a hard/poor soil and worked it into a jungle. You can see the soil in the pic, shitloads of mulch. I eventually put some boletus spores in the ground (mushrooms bags) and they caught nicely.

I watched some fag do a wilderness challenge, mainly fishing, he caught a ton of pike, but still lost weight. says too much lean protein not enough fat, how do you get fat in that situation?

boletos edible?

Had a few avocado trees and a Starfruit tree die from the frost we had in Florida this year, but my Orange and Lemon trees are fine.

> how do you get fat in that situation?
Nuts and shit like that.
or also big game.

In my situation, I cold press my own nut oils:
Cashew, Brazil nut, pequi nut. peanut, coconut
That is where I get most of my fats. I do fishing also and bush hunting, especially for boar

But it is true that at some point if you only eat fish/rabbit/quail...you will end up losing tons of weight. If would can't bring any outside fat, you would probably have to kill a moose and render the fat

Yes the boletus are edible

The oil contains urushiol which is the same shit in poison ivy.

It's also used in lacquer so I'm not surprised it treats wood and shit.