Why...WHY did Trump have to say his SOTU was the most watched?

Seriously all this does is gives the less something to laugh about, and undermines a great speech. Literally every pole on the liberal media had over 70% approval rating, his overall job approval rating went up almost 10% compared to a few months ago… And it was a republican that had the most watched SOTU

Left * poll*

Shut up leaf.

Probably because it was.

Trust me I know we are in a wealth of shit, probably only comparable to Sweden and Germany and our leader is an absolute disgrace. But all I’m saying is he had a major victory and this literally just gave the media a talking point that they were desperately searching for

He is a habitual liar. It's what they do.

Because trump is a literal manchild and has no sense of awareness. This is coming from a supporter of his.

he did it to keep the left frazzled, if everything he says is met with a torrent of "fuck you nazi racist facist" people will continue to be exposed to the lefts crazy bullshit

No it wasn’t Bushes was in 2003, over 60 million watched it

wouldn't the audience be bigger each year for each SOTU/Inaugural address? It makes sense to me that it would increase yearly, and kinda fucking stupid to think that more people watched or cared in 2003 than they do in 2018.

> The man child thing is the most petulant Garbage I’ve seen pushed towards him
He is the oldest president in American history, 71 is fucking old… Old people fuck up, literally 98% of us will not be in nearly as good of shape As he is at that age… That is the irony of it. Especially in regards to America, sorry but you guys just have a major diabetes and obesity problem

But for whatever reason that is what the records show, maybe it was because that election was so close… That’s my speculation

I mean the 2016 election was pretty spicy, though

I’m just happy Obamas wasn’t the most watched

Well there in lies the other irony, his first speech to Congress had 2 million more viewers then his State of the Union

Because it was? Why are all Canadians retarded faggots?

Sage

i wonder if that's a typical thing among presidencies, having your first congressional speech being more viewed than your SOTU

But it wasn’t though, it really fucking wasn’t Bushes WAS back in 2003 for whatever reason almost 20,000,000 more viewers. Even trumps first speech to Congress had 2 million more viewers then his State of the Union speech which was far better, this is just the reality… I wish it wasn’t but it is. A caveat I’m happy Bush set the record and not Obama god forbid How much harder the left would be pushing this slip up

Apparently not, correct me if I’m wrong but Bush was president in 2001 first right? He set the record for his State of the Union in 2003, come on I’m literally repeating myself

Let us not forget that that was after 911, do you think 2002 would’ve been the record

That's pretty fucking stupid tobehonest, user -- kindly try to use your brain before posting.
Everyone had cable in 03, so more people watched the same thing at the same time. 9/11 was still fresh, different fucking alerts on the news every other day, a crazy war in primetime that the US was happy to show off weaponry on.
The hype level of 2003 was about 100x that of today; every time I see a "happening" thread on here I just laugh, nothing happens any more.