15 Things All White People Need To Know About Black History Month

Before we get too far into Black History Month, white people, we need to talk.

1. Dr. Carter G. Woodson created Negro History Week, the precursor to Black History Month, in 1926.

2. Black History Month doesn’t begin with Martin Luther King or end with Barack Obama.

3. Rosa Parks did more than sit her black ass down.

4. The Civil War was about slavery. Point. Blank. Period.

5. There are black people all around the world.

6. Abraham Lincoln didn’t free the slaves. The slaves freed themselves.

7. Don’t be racist and commemorate it with school menus serving fried chicken.

8. They’re called Bantu knots, cornrows and dashikis, and you did not create them.

Other urls found in this thread:

blavity.com/15-things-all-white-people-need-to-know-about-black-history-month?utm_content=buffere0625&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
youtube.com/watch?v=z2d2SzRZvsQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gib me dat last SEVEN

happy european admixture history month.
t. mulatto

9. The Black Panthers weren't terrorists. They were focused on equality: education, housing, employment, civil rights and women’s rights.

10. Black people built this country.
From the White House to the economy, black people have built this country.

11. You should recognize black history year-round, but you need an extra dose in February.

12. You know you owe us, right?
...We have much catching up to do and the government that worked to hold us back has every responsibility to help us advance.

13. White History Month doesn't exist because every month is White History Month.

14. No, you may not wear blackface to recognize black leaders this month (or any month for that matter)

15. Your treatment of black rights will eventually become black history. Please ensure you’re on the right side of it.

blavity.com/15-things-all-white-people-need-to-know-about-black-history-month?utm_content=buffere0625&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

>Abraham Lincoln didn’t free the slaves. The slaves freed themselves.
Lol, I'm not American and don't know much about American history, but I can tell this is bullshit. How are those niggers suppose to free themselves without weapons?

>There are black people all around the world

Oh we know

>4. The Civil War was about slavery. Point. Blank. Period.

Point. Blank. Period. don't you understand?

>The slaves freed themselves.
I guess all those whites just killed each other for fun
This is why no one likes niggers and not a single white person should lift a finger for them. Every time they are given help they claim it was themselves that did it all, ungrateful cunts the lot of them

One thing all black people need to know...I don't give a shit about you. fuck off over in some other country.

>10. Black people built this country.
What the fuck does this even mean?
Like do they not realize that the majority of the humans constructing the majority of the building in Americas history were white?

Revisionist history. It’s true that slave labor was used for hundreds of years to improve the economy, and it was a terrible human rights violation. The “we built this country” sentiment overstates the impact slave labor had on the overall status of the US, especially in the decades leading up to the civil war in the north.

>we need to talk

Can we have the history of black on white violence?
It seems this is a valid part of their history.

youtube.com/watch?v=z2d2SzRZvsQ
No, I don't. Stop being such racist fag already.

It totally wasn't about seccession from the Union as they wanted independence and have their own laws.

Dont forget the union had slaves too.

The only thing white people need to know is that Black History Month is the shortest month of the year.

Rosa Parks was all a set up. She was selected to be the one to sit on the bus. The whole thing was planned. The notion that she was just a tired woman getting off of work is all bullshit. Look it up.