Why do Americans not give a shit about what they put in their body, and why are we so fat as a nation...

Why do Americans not give a shit about what they put in their body, and why are we so fat as a nation? Is it because of policy? Do the huge corn subsidies mean that HFCS just gets put into everything? Do we as Americans just not give a shit at this point? Is there anything we can do to change the trend?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Ja4FkSUsAk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That’s a big pizza

4jew

>Do we as Americans just not give a shit at this point
We have never given a shit in the last 60 years.

That’s a big girl

Why would I care?

That's a small table

Something something high fructose corn syrup.

Most of us are becoming like this now here too

ella ogro

> regular coke

Its like theyre not even trying

>Do we as Americans just not give a shit at this point? Is there anything we can do to change the trend?
I’m an active college student so I eat pretty much whatever and still look pretty good, but I’m still tired a lot and I think much of it is because of my diet. I also have a sensitive stomach and no gallbladder so I shit usually twice a day at least. I’m thinking of trying keto because I think it might help. It’s MY responsibility to take care of my body and our society doesn’t stress responsibility, that’s the problem.

Part of it is that calories are so cheap here, even poor can afford gain Pizzas.

Another part is lack of nutritional education.

Last part is we've been conditioned to give in to any and all impulses. "if it feels good, do it" has been pounded into us Brave New World style

Probably has something to do with addictive unhealthy food being easily available and cheap compared to healthy options which are either expensive to buy prepared, are relatively unsatisfying to what most are accustomed to, or require shopping, cooking and cleaning to make at a lower price.

After the 1950's is when all this shit started to kick in. As academia has deconstructed and destroyed American culture over the years, people have latched onto whatever shallow shit they can find to fill the void. We have a bunch of half-baked identities cooked up by (((you know who))) to choose from. Some do it with drugs. Some with food. Some with sports. Some with alcohol. Some video games. No one even really knows what American culture was anymore. It is just this abstract, amorphous blob from that existed as part of our hyper-racist past. Therefore it didn't ever validly exist as a coherent culture by virtue of its association with race.

in a sane country these people would be labelled mentally in and institutionalized without a release date

Sven, sane countries don't half the shit both of our countries do. It is a slow suicide. We are just ahead of the curve.

White Genocide is terrifying so they're eating out of stress.

>he doesn't understand the core of America
Not surprising

I've never seen a thin person drink Diet Coke

it's because people don't know:
how to cook
how to read nutritional information
how much sugar is in their food
portion sizes

Shitty food culture?

lmao anything to see yourself as a victim righttt

Food tastes so good and, much like any other addiction, one portion/serving becomes one-too-few.
>t. 110K -to- 75k loseweightfag

>>KG
god im retarded

That's called self discipline. I cannot respect a fat person, that's the biggest sign they're huge fucking losers. But I can't say that of course, society wants to pamper the mammoths, after all they spend a lot of shekels

To be honest, this is one of the many reasons I despise social healthcare. Why should I pay for the all these fat fucks in our country because they choose to smoke and eat 9000 calories a day? Fuck that. Too many fat fucks for me to get onboard among many other reasons.

jesus christ
and we're forced to pay for this
millions of times over
just shoot them

Beer is my problem. It’s so damn tasty

Everything from milk to potato chips has sugar in it. Everything else has some form of corn syrup. Even the meat is raised on a diet of sugar like those cows who were fed mostly Skittles so they can be fatter, produce sweeter milk, and taste better when butchered. Plus there's laws being passed to protect these people by not requiring certain ingredients to be listed on the label, the majority of which are banned by other countries.

Combine this with the majority of the obese being immigrants of both legal and illegal status and you get the 56% meme. That's not to say we're all in shape- the super morbidly obese are often native born and I myself have been putting off exercise with around 25 lbs to lose- but the actual number of the American population that's in decent shape is probably greater than the number of the next 5 countries combined.

Same root reason a drug addict keeps smoking meth. Ultimately it feels good and some people lack the self control to say no

Problem is, the meth addict gets rejected from society, while an obese person gets support. Industries exist to support the addiction, from mobility scooters, to pharmaceutical medications

Trust me, these people feel like absolute shit about themselves. Their best solution, is to eat more to feel better. Because honestly, going from 400 pounds to 170 is such a huge undertaking and leaves them for years of poor body image regardless

Public policy has some contributing factors, especially the government recommendation of 300 grams of carbohydrates a day

Second to that is public education, that systematically has attacked the concept of free-will with fraudulent science

Take a bunch of unhappy people, tell them they have no free will, and need to eat 300 grams of carbohydrates a day... Is it surprising they'll get addicted to food and show no concept of personal responsibility?

>I also have a sensitive stomach and no gallbladder
You don't have a sensitive stomach, you just have no gallbladder.
Hence you can't digest certain fats properly.
You're probably also vitamin defficient (8 of the essential vitamins are bound to fats) hence the fatigue.
That's also why people who fall for the diet/light fad, get weird in the head and never healthy.
You should be taking supplements for people in your situation (bile/vitamins).

It's not a good or bad taste, in my opinion, even after tasting a wide variety of beers. Although the first couple sips are strangely refreshing. I just feel like a God after a couple drinks

Hydrogenated fats, hidden sugar and empty carbs.

Its this stuff which makes people get fat, deal with this and you can probably deal with the problem.

Lol i just snap chatted my friends a fat American bitch here and they got triggered. American women stand out because literally no other woman is so fucking fat. They're ugly too, not sure how do explain it but now that i travel its so evident. They stick out like a sore thumb

>Do we as Americans just not give a shit at this point?

This is correct, every fucking day I wish I wasn't an amerimutt

its literally Satan evoking the sin of gluttony within them.Their souls are easily subverted by demons

Because almost all americans are trained at a young age to over eat at every meal.

have some self respect

and corn syrup aint so bad

its sugar drinks and soy

> those cows who were fed mostly Skittles

I don't even want to see sauce, but sauce?

Food is cheap but not filling, so have to eat a lot of it to feel full

> the meth addict gets rejected from society
Kek, in Leafland we're actually giving heroin to addicts now.

> attacked the concept of free-will with fraudulent science
There is no free will user, even if a lot of that science is fraudulent. Doesn't mean people can't change though, or that believing in free will isn't beneficial for a lot of people.

I can buy a whole large pizza from Little Caesar's for $5, no cooking required

Aside from saturated fats and sodium, a doctor would actually be pretty happy with the dietary break down of fats, carbs and proteins

Personally I think it's more carbs than a person should eat daily, but it is actually under the RDI for carbohydrates

>Do the huge corn subsidies mean that HFCS just gets put into everything?
partly, yes. but also remember that sugar is in almost everything we eat, and sugar is more addictive than cocaine.
not only that, but for low income people, cheap food that is high in calories os often very unhealthy. you can go into Mc Dicks with 5 bucks and get a filling, calorie dense meal. but its high in fats, chemicals, and has very little nutrition.
and i believe the biggest factor is ignorance. most people really dont know how bad some foods are for you. they cant be assed to read the ingredient list, they just see "Low Fat!" or "No Sugar Added!" or "Low Calorie!" and just assume its a healthy option.
to add on to that, most people are lazy. most families have both parents working, so mom cant make a healthy and economical meal every day. so we eat a lot of prepared meals and take out

>Do the huge corn subsidies mean that HFCS just gets put into everything?

Tariffs on sugar imports are the main reason why HFCS is used, but yes the corn subsidies don't help much either.

Plus, for some reason everything here in the USA has sugar in it. Even friggin' bread! Why does bread need sugar? Why??????

I've eaten healthy since I was a student athlete, I know what's good for me and act in accordance

Many people know that food is bad for them, but rationalize it as a "craving" (why this is different to them than an addiction is likely smart marketing)

I cannot tell you how many times women have literally put candy in my mouth.
Women want to nurture. But they're undereducated in regards to what is nurturing, and what is harmful

we eat way too much garbage quality food because it's so readily available and shoved in our faces. doesn't mean we shouldn't have more self control.

For yeast to rise faster. I worked in a multi-million dollar bread factory, it's more about how quickly and consistently bread can be made than actual thought into ingredients

Half the time the ingredients aren't even honestly reflected on packaging

It's due to your food not being regulated as much as Europe.
I hate the EU, but I'll commend them on their regulated food policy

Amerifags can still eat OATS and maybe an onion.

But please remember to do your squats.

Where the fucks the chives nigger

Ι have another questions for amerifats: Why they put suger literally fucking everywhere? Even at bottled water!
youtube.com/watch?v=5Ja4FkSUsAk

Check out the ingredient lists in common American children's breakfast foods

Also, these are typically eaten two at a time, since that's how they're packaged

The only thing you can do is make sure you are not fat and be fit so you can shame all your friends into doing the same. I started doing that about 2 years ago and it is working, I have 5 friends who are now eating right and lifting regularly.

Where do you get pizzas that size in America?

Flour,
sugar,
soybean/palm oil,
corn syrup,
dextrose,
and high fructose corn syrup make up nearly 98% of the breakfast food marketed towards our children

Americans have never given a single shit about anything. They deserve the bad things that happen to them.

You gave yourself away when you did not call them burgers.