I was surprised by how humble all the anime staff in the studio were, and how terrible their living conditions were...

>I was surprised by how humble all the anime staff in the studio were, and how terrible their living conditions were, compared to the situation in the animation industry in the West. In a nutshell, the money don’t flow back to the animators (and other workers)—they are poor. Most of them spend most of their lives sat at their desks and are single because they have either not enough time or not enough money to build a family. Some of them are also extremely shy, like they cannot even answer you when you say hello. It can be disturbing at first.
kotaku.co.uk/2017/06/23/an-insiders-look-at-working-in-the-anime-business

How does it feel to know you are complicit in ruining their lives?

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/subject/art/music/internationale.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>kotaku

>the money don’t flow back to the animators (and other workers)

feels like it wouldn't be my fault even if i didn't pay money for anime

oy goyim, remember to buy that crunchyroll subscription to support anime

Arise us prisoners of animation
Arise the wretched of the earth
For justice rings out its condemnation
A better world’s in birth!
No more the publishers' chains shall bind us
Arise, us slaves, no more in their thrall;
For now we have nothing
But soon, we shall have all!

So all artists, come rally
And this fight, let us face!
The animators of the word
Shall unite the human race!

I don't care. Even in that interview itself it says only people with literally no skills don't get paid. Skilled animators get money, and mediocre fucks get hired just because of the sheer volume of drawings required for an animation. Basically there's no problem with this and you should go back to ANN/Kotaku/Crunchyroll or kill yourself.

Am I correct in assuming this is to be sung on the air of 'The Sacred War' ?

>Some of them are also extremely shy, like they cannot even answer you when you say hello
Wasn't it Anno or Miyazaki or some other high-profile director that stated that the majority of people working in the anime industry are autistic on some level?

First of all
>Kotaku
Secondly, we as the consumers have nothing to do with it. It's the Japanese business model, which is all kinds of fucked up. Look up how a Japanese company works. The counterpart of the underpaid animator is the guy who gets paid to do literally nothing because he's useless yet the company cannot afford to fire him (there's a huge social stigma around firing people in Japan).

I'd unironically pay for a crunchyroll subscription if they had a SmartTV app.

>Most of them spend most of their lives sat at their desks and are single because they have either not enough time or not enough money to build a family.
pretty sure this is true of the lower-tier workforce of any japanese corporation. the fact that the grunt work they're doing is drawing has nothing to do with it

If that's the case, they'll probably advance to higher paying positions within some years through sheer seniority rather than achievement, because that's how Nip companies work.

Skilled animators get enough money to just make it by. The less talented is just like you said pretty much screwed on making any sort of living off of it. It's still a fucked up business regardless of how you look at it. Even at the top of the food chain you still ain't making enough that is worth the effort you put into the profession.

Well sooner or later they gonna have to decrease the amount of animations being produce anyway. Old animators are getting old and being closer to your death-bed ain't going to help production of a lot of these series being produced. With more animators skills closing down year by year and Japan birth rate going down the tube I can't see the business model they been doing of producing too much anime lasting for long.

>I can't see the current business model lasting for too long
Good.

I mean, that could work, but user probably wrote it to be sung with this tune:
marxists.org/subject/art/music/internationale.pdf

I'd rather this happen than having our animators who are stuck up over paid cunts that shit out poor quality trash every once in a blue moon.

Ah you're right. There are no younger generations of animator, and the population crisis which when projected using the worst case shows it wont matter for another 100 years will surely kill anime.

Anime will still exist just the amount of it being produced will be drastically decreased though.

This. The amount of anime airing per season is the highest it's ever been, The bubble's probably gonna burst one day or the other.

>How does it feel to know you are complicit in ruining their lives?
How so? What is a random person completely unrelated to the industry supposed to do about it?
Even if you paid for anime the money probably wouldn't reach them. You don't help sweatshop workers by buying the stuff they make.

>kotaku

That's what those japs get for Bataan, the bastards.

Japan is announced special kind visa for western artist/animators.

I thought that's what the nukes were for?

This is pretty true in a lot of places other than Japan as well.

Stop paying for anime lul