KyoAni

What is their best written work, objectively?
strawpoll.me/13268628

Unironically K-On!! (and the final episode of K-On!, the winter one); the character interactions were sublime and the way it slowly invested you in the girls made episodes 20 and 24 sadder than any death scene.

What's the best dump I took? I could tell you the answer but it's irrelevant because we're discussing shit.

Disappearance. Still can't get enough of it.

As much as I love K-on!! I'm going to have to hand it to Koe no Katachi.
Its so narratively perfect that I can't pick anything else.

Tamako Market is a masterpiece

I love K-On but in terms of writing its gotta be disappearance.

Violet Evergarden, one of the best written works of fiction since forever. No wonder it won some serious literature award.

>no Phantom World
Shit poll

Isn't it a light novel? Color me suspicious; KyoAni's best adaptions have all been of manga.

It's not LNcrap, it's novel, like Eupho.

>implying kyoto animation writes all these works
Objectivly speaking, the first 4 episodes of Lucky Star are their magnum opus.

I enjoyed Tamako Market but I'd like to see your argument for this. Despite glimmers of brilliance (daaaakeeeedooooo) it felt too cluttered, failing to develop many of its characters meaningfully with the entire Pacific Islander thing seeming out of place. I would have also desired more characterization for Mochizou before the movie.

Eupho has awful writing though. Asuka especially.

The problem was how much time it wasted on meaningless melodrama, especially early in Season 2, that wasn't emotionally investing at all and at best shows off more of Kumiko interpreting the events around her (she is a great protagonist).

Eupho has masterful writing though. Asuka especially.

Early Eupho2 was at least comfy and featured best Ribbon. I liked it. But fuck Asuka and her daddy complex for taking the spotlight.

>she is a great protagonist
No she isn't

It's comfy because of Kumiko.

Chunni S1 does not deserve to be that fucking high.

because of sun and training camp

Not him but Tamako Market centered around the interactions and atmosphere of the market itself. I interpreted the islander subplot to be an audience surrogate. We watch Dera and Choi be welcomed so readily and unconditionally that it invites a feeling a warmth and acceptance among the lives of everyone in the market, including Tamako's friends. The ending of Tamako Market, while setting up Tamako's development for Love Story, is a simple goodbye to the market from our viewer surrogates.

I do agree that Mochizou's characterization was the weakest part of the movie, though I don't think it hurts the movie much since the movie ultimately wasn't about him, it was about Tamako.

This. I enjoyed K-on as well but Disappearance was beautiful.

Whoever the other dude is that voted for Haruhi S1, you're a patrician.

>Phantom considered so bad it's not even considered for best work

I hate you.

But Kyoani didnt write the story...

It's a fair contender too but Disappearance represents the series themes better. It does rely on Haruhi S1 for that so you might have a point though.

FREE

Pathetic falseflagging
It is a LN. Like all LN it's shitwriting. Who cares?

Did you read it? How relevant is the glasses girl?

It's funny because the best ones are the ones where KyoAni has little involvement in writing.

You guys have shit taste, god damn its actually impressive.

says the jojofag.

We need that for Haruhi S1.

Not true. K-On was heavily original.

HYOUKAFAGS ARE COMING IN FULL FORCE THIS IS NOT A DRILL I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRZZZZZzzz...

>the best scene is the one that is nothing but explicit exposition with absolutely zero subtlety
No wonder Disappearance is so well loved.

>it's said out loud so it can't be good
Also, the speech confronts the points made previously and implicitly (Kyon's attitude in general) with the problem at hand, making it a perfect conclusion to the movie. Add great direction, OST, some symbolism, this being the climax and it's no wonder people love that scene.

>the first 4 episodes of Lucky Star
wat

Disappearance

Is there a reason why "I AM A DATABASE I CANNOT MAKE CONCLUSIONS ON MY OWN" is leading K-On?

Because Hyouka was AOTD?

>written
If it's for the story alone then I have to go with Haruhi.

Hibike was yurilicious.