But Kelly was not swayed

nytimes.com/2018/01/28/us/politics/rod-rosenstein-carter-page-secret-memo.html

> The president did not see the memo until Wednesday afternoon. White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly marched the document into the Oval Office so that he and Trump could briefly discuss it. The president was then left alone to read the memo in its entirety. Kelly returned a few hours later and shared with the president his opinion: the memo would not risk national security but that the document was not as compelling as some of its advocates had promised Trump.

> Intelligence and law enforcement officials repeatedly spoke with Kelly to argue against the memo’s release... Kelly met Monday with FBI Director Christopher A. Wray and Rosenstein, who argued against the release, saying the memo could expose classified information and was an inaccurate depiction of the bureau’s investigative methods.

But Kelly was not swayed.

> That night, Wray again called Kelly to argue in favor of keeping the memo private, but was unsuccessful.

Kelly was not swayed.

> On Tuesday, five FBI officials, including at least one from counterintelligence, went to the White House to discuss their concerns with Kelly.

> Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coats also met with Kelly at the White House this week to express his reservations.

> The discussions between Kelly and national security officials largely focused on the need to protect sources and methods of intelligence gathering, as well as concerns about setting a dangerous precedent.

I remember some of you faggots whining about John Kelly no too long ago. Truth be told he's and outstanding public servant, loyal to his country and president, just what you'd expect from a Marine.

Don't be surprised when Robert Mueller, also a Marine, reveals that the investigation was unnecessary and, if anything, the Dems have more to answer for than Trumps people.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/politics/never-any-hesitation-trump-was-quickly-convinced-to-support-memos-release/2018/02/01/b67a0246-076d-11e8-8777-2a059f168dd2_story.html?utm_term=.dca68c95cf80
youtube.com/watch?v=uWTXJ0GaYpM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_comitatus#United_States
thehill.com/homenews/administration/371929-gop-case-fbi-probe-based-on-tainted-evidence-linked-to-clinton
s1.webmshare.com/QRM4R.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=UvqVJRrQNUM
youtube.com/watch?v=fTXzcILPPp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Semper Fi

He lost a son because of the kikes. Probably not a fan of (((them)))

based marines

He’s drugging Trump manipulate him.

There is a reason Trump has surrounded himself and appointed so many Marines to his cabinet.

There is a reason for why our Presidents maintain full independent control over the U.S. Marine Corps, unlike the other branches of service, performing such duties as the President may direct under the NSA of 1947

As a retired Marine myself, I understand why this is. It isn't some LARPing, wishful thinking, or self aggrandizing either. It's just pretty fucking smart actually.

Here is the correct article sourced. Posted the wrong one in OP.

washingtonpost.com/politics/never-any-hesitation-trump-was-quickly-convinced-to-support-memos-release/2018/02/01/b67a0246-076d-11e8-8777-2a059f168dd2_story.html?utm_term=.dca68c95cf80

John Kelly is unironically the best thing to happen to Trump's presidency. Do you guys remember what it was like beforehand? Literally every day Trump would run his mouth unnecessarily and give the Democrats a huge fundraising boost. Now look where we are--a State of the Union with no spicy memes, but widely considered an amazing speech. Dems in a full blown route with only $200,000 in the bank for their entire national operation. Russia investigation about to die a merciless death.

Trump's heart has always beat to the same rhythm as the average American's and he knows how to get headlines, but Kelly brought in military discipline and most importantly deep knowledge of the DC machine and all its tricks.

With Kelly at his side, Trump is UNSTOPPABLE.

top brass

Now, this is fake news! None of those quotes even appear in the article you linked.

>the memo would not risk national security but that the document was not as compelling as some of its advocates had promised Trump.

Agreed.

Mattis, Kelly, Dunford... and Mueller.

Not a coincidence.

Here you go, FAGGOT.

what are all those coffee cups doing floating above all those boots?

>I remember some of you faggots whining about John Kelly no too long ago. Truth be told he's and outstanding public servant, loyal to his country and president, just what you'd expect from a Marine.

Concern trolls touting the fake news vanity Fair and other articles that claimed Kelly was on the verge of quitting.

I envision Kelly essentially as Sergeant Major Plumley from We Were Soldiers in the White House.
youtube.com/watch?v=uWTXJ0GaYpM

> Kelly returned a few hours later and shared with the president his opinion: the memo would not risk national security but that the document was not as compelling as some of its advocates had promised Trump.
How would they even gain knowledge of this happening?

Isn't Kelly having an affair with that Kristen globalist open borders swamp creature he installed at DHS? Trump is fucked, full blown globalist kike now

Kelly kind of looks like my grandfather, who was a marine as well; God rest his soul. At least he never lived to see a nigger become president. Is the memo going to be released tomorrow?

Marines are not limited by posse commitus correct?

"a White House official said."
"according to a White House official."

The document is probably damaging, sure, but not nearly what people are expecting. Seems like a way to temper expectations, in my opinion.

>I remember some of you faggots whining about John Kelly no too long ago.
I haven't doubted him since I got to look in his eyes on camera when he had that speech a couple months ago.

"The Posse Commitus Act by itself does not apply to the Navy or, more specifically, the Marine Corps."

From Kikepedia:
>A directive from the Secretary of Defense prohibits the use of the United States Navy and United States Marine Corps for law enforcement.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_comitatus#United_States

Supper Pie Mr. Killy

>but not nearly what people are expecting
You sure?
thehill.com/homenews/administration/371929-gop-case-fbi-probe-based-on-tainted-evidence-linked-to-clinton

JEFF SESSIONS SAID IT BEST.

s1.webmshare.com/QRM4R.webm

Kelly was not motherfucking swizayed

Lionel said John. F is your Q anan

You deserve a kek.

Why are we still entertaining this shit anyway when the whole thing was predicated on an original lie (muh russia hacked DNC). We knew it was a lie literally years ago.

Any doubt I had about Kelly was erased at the gold star WH briefing. Very memorable.
youtube.com/watch?v=UvqVJRrQNUM

globalism is both good and bad. if he can minimize the bad, all the better.

Where have I been all this time

Lost enslaved fatal decline

I've been waiting for this to unfold

But

The pieces are only as good as the whole

Severed myself from my whole life

I cut off the only thing that was right

What if I never saw you again

I'll get these numbers in the end. Check em.

God fucking damn it

Kinda bummed to hear him say it's not as Earth shattering as it's being made out to be.

Trump showed his leadership ability in his campaign and in his first year. If people suck, he fires them and gets new people. He measures and cuts.

It will be enough. No need to try to make it more than what it is.

>but that the document was not as compelling as some of its advocates had promised Trump.
So, serious question because I'm sure many of you have thought this already. Is the memo that's going to be released not really the original memo? Is there a conspiracy to shut this down by ALL of them, working together as a group? The Nightmare scenario is possible. But the question is, how possible? Were back-room deals made to soften the memo?

I want them to tell me something I haven't known for 2 years senpai

I want heads to roll. This sham of a justice system has gone on far too long. If this memo doesn't at the very least end the Mueller bullshit, then I'll be highly disappointed.

God bless general Kelly

What we need is PROOF of what we've suspected. EVIDENCE will make the difference here, not rumors or speculation.

>Don't be surprised when Robert Mueller, also a Marine, reveals that the investigation was unnecessary and, if anything, the Dems have more to answer for than Trumps people.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. Mueller is part of the Deep State scam against Trump.

Remember, Mueller was appointed by Rosenstein right after he encouraged Trump to fire Comey.

Mueller, Rosenstein, and Comey have all been in this from the start.

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF AI

Same doubt people had for Kelly just weeks ago.

>Two years ago when I was the Commander of all U.S. and Iraqi forces, in fact, the 22nd of April 2008, two Marine infantry battalions, 1/9 “The Walking Dead,” and 2/8 were switching out in Ramadi. One battalion in the closing days of their deployment going home very soon, the other just starting its seven-month combat tour.

>Two Marines, Corporal Jonathan Yale and Lance Corporal Jordan Haerter, 22 and 20 years old respectively, one from each battalion, were assuming the watch together at the entrance gate of an outpost that contained a makeshift barracks housing 50 Marines.

>The same broken down ramshackle building was also home to 100 Iraqi police, also my men and our allies in the fight against the terrorists in Ramadi, a city until recently the most dangerous city on earth and owned by Al Qaeda. Yale was a dirt poor mixed-race kid from Virginia with a wife and daughter, and a mother and sister who lived with him and he supported as well. He did this on a yearly salary of less than $23,000. Haerter, on the other hand, was a middle class white kid from Long Island.

>They were from two completely different worlds. Had they not joined the Marines they would never have met each other, or understood that multiple America’s exist simultaneously depending on one’s race, education level, economic status, and where you might have been born. But they were Marines, combat Marines, forged in the same crucible of Marine training, and because of this bond they were brothers as close, or closer, than if they were born of the same woman.

I'll admit that Kelly has pleasantly surprised me on occasion.

So which one did Trump and Kelly see?

The one that was edited by the House before it was passed?

Some anons will always hate everything forever. You gotta get it over it.

My take is its probably going to be something a little less than major that we've all known for some time but never had any direct proof of. Personally I wanted it to be something like Crowdstrike lying to the feds about who stole the DNC emails but thats incredibly unlikely.

but is it AI or just a schizzy?
I smell an idea for a game

Q confirmed that Mueller was /ourguy/, fuck off shareblue

BRB shorting silicon valley stocks

>The mission orders they received from the sergeant squad leader I am sure went something like: “Okay you two clowns, stand this post and let no unauthorized personnel or vehicles pass.” “You clear?” I am also sure Yale and Haerter then rolled their eyes and said in unison something like: “Yes Sergeant,” with just enough attitude that made the point without saying the words, “No kidding sweetheart, we know what we’re doing.” They then relieved two other Marines on watch and took up their post at the entry control point of Joint Security Station Nasser, in the Sophia section of Ramadi, al Anbar, Iraq.

>A few minutes later a large blue truck turned down the alley way—perhaps 60-70 yards in length—and sped its way through the serpentine of concrete jersey walls. The truck stopped just short of where the two were posted and detonated, killing them both catastrophically. Twenty-four brick masonry houses were damaged or destroyed. A mosque 100 yards away collapsed. The truck’s engine came to rest two hundred yards away knocking most of a house down before it stopped.

>Our explosive experts reckoned the blast was made of 2,000 pounds of explosives. Two died, and because these two young infantrymen didn’t have it in their DNA to run from danger, they saved 150 of their Iraqi and American brothers-in-arms.

>When I read the situation report about the incident a few hours after it happened I called the regimental commander for details as something about this struck me as different. Marines dying or being seriously wounded is commonplace in combat. We expect Marines regardless of rank or MOS to stand their ground and do their duty, and even die in the process, if that is what the mission takes. But this just seemed different.

Media takes any chance to subvert him to try and make is hate him woth disinfo

nice, another nice is niggard

>The regimental commander had just returned from the site and he agreed, but reported that there were no American witnesses to the event—just Iraqi police. I figured if there was any chance of finding out what actually happened and then to decorate the two Marines to acknowledge their bravery, I’d have to do it as a combat award that requires two eye-witnesses and we figured the bureaucrats back in Washington would never buy Iraqi statements. If it had any chance at all, it had to come under the signature of a general officer.

>I traveled to Ramadi the next day and spoke individually to a half-dozen Iraqi police all of whom told the same story. The blue truck turned down into the alley and immediately sped up as it made its way through the serpentine. They all said, “We knew immediately what was going on as soon as the two Marines began firing.” The Iraqi police then related that some of them also fired, and then to a man, ran for safety just prior to the explosion.

>All survived. Many were injured … some seriously. One of the Iraqis elaborated and with tears welling up said, “They’d run like any normal man would to save his life.”

>What he didn’t know until then, he said, and what he learned that very instant, was that Marines are not normal. Choking past the emotion he said, “Sir, in the name of God no sane man would have stood there and done what they did.”

>“No sane man.”

>“They saved us all.”

It's possible that Meadows exaggerated the extent that this memo is incriminating. Having said that anything, even a baby step towards Justice, is fine.

>What we didn’t know at the time, and only learned a couple of days later after I wrote a summary and submitted both Yale and Haerter for posthumous Navy Crosses, was that one of our security cameras, damaged initially in the blast, recorded some of the suicide attack. It happened exactly as the Iraqis had described it. It took exactly six seconds from when the truck entered the alley until it detonated.

>You can watch the last six seconds of their young lives. Putting myself in their heads I supposed it took about a second for the two Marines to separately come to the same conclusion about what was going on once the truck came into their view at the far end of the alley. Exactly no time to talk it over, or call the sergeant to ask what they should do. Only enough time to take half an instant and think about what the sergeant told them to do only a few minutes before: “ … let no unauthorized personnel or vehicles pass.”

>The two Marines had about five seconds left to live. It took maybe another two seconds for them to present their weapons, take aim, and open up. By this time the truck was half-way through the barriers and gaining speed the whole time. Here, the recording shows a number of Iraqi police, some of whom had fired their AKs, now scattering like the normal and rational men they were—some running right past the Marines. They had three seconds left to live.

>For about two seconds more, the recording shows the Marines’ weapons firing non-stop…the truck’s windshield exploding into shards of glass as their rounds take it apart and tore in to the body of the son-of-a-bitch who is trying to get past them to kill their brothers—American and Iraqi—bedded down in the barracks totally unaware of the fact that their lives at that moment depended entirely on two Marines standing their ground. If they had been aware, they would have know they were safe … because two Marines stood between them and a crazed suicide bomber.

>The recording shows the truck careening to a stop immediately in front of the two Marines. In all of the instantaneous violence Yale and Haerter never hesitated. By all reports and by the recording, they never stepped back. They never even started to step aside. They never even shifted their weight. With their feet spread shoulder width apart, they leaned into the danger, firing as fast as they could work their weapons. They had only one second left to live.

>The truck explodes. The camera goes blank. Two young men go to their God.

>Six seconds.

>Not enough time to think about their families, their country, their flag, or about their lives or their deaths, but more than enough time for two very brave young men to do their duty … into eternity. That is the kind of people who are on watch all over the world tonight—for you.

General Kelly made this speech four days after his own son was killed in combat.

So not by congress though, so an executive directive can overrule an executive directive. Cool.

>the document was not as compelling as some of its advocates had promised
It's nothing isn't it

Good man, I loved it when he gave flack to Kamala Harris in his questioning, the man has no patience for snakes

Now, imagine Reince Priebus in this role

God bless the US military

If only Amos wasn't such a kissass sellout pandering POG this picture would be truly badass.

100% AGREED, also checked.

What's badass about that picture? I'm not even sure about Mattis. All talk, no action. Save for Kelly, what have all those people done? Iraq was a fucking debacle and so has every military operation since Desert Storm been. And even Desert Storm was fucking the United States of America taking Kuwait

Of course it is. Nobody at high levels will actually go to jail.

What unit were you devil?

Have to kill it permanently. Also it would be a redpill for everyone if the proof that it was made up on the spot to many.

Kelly is 100% /ourguy/
He said that even one legal immigrant entering the country is too many

So what's the fucking point? I'm exhausted from Sup Forums always saying something big is coming and then it's always fucking nothing

Neck yourself, you stupid cunt.

Several. Mostly both Tank Battalions over the last 20 years though. Semper Fi.

>Neck yourself, you stupid cunt.
This is the response all the time. Everyone comes to Mattis's aid but nobody can tell me what he's done besides "provide real leadership", whatever the fuck that means

>Kinda bummed to hear him say it's not as Earth shattering as it's being made out to be.

How would anyone know what Trump said to Kelly in the oval office? More fake news to discredit ti

Here's a (You)

You see those loses by ISIS and no real military crises popping up like they used to. That's Mattis, quiet and effective.

Provide Real Leadership means he's not a politician, but a soldier and he led like a Sargeant would, not some fancy ass faggot LT straight out of OCS

>I'm not even sure about Mattis. All talk, no action.

In 2001 and 2003, the U.S. military overran the militaries of Afghanistan and Iraq and completely toppled the former ruling power in less than a month. General Mattis played a huge role in both.

I only did a 4 year enlistment but I got my two combat deployments out of it. 2/8 E co. 2008-12.

If you are too stupid to educate yourself then why should I do it for you? I served dirrectly under Mattis in 2003 in Iraq. The man has balls of steel. We fight the wars our politicians pick, not the other way around. To do it well and with honor is the best one can hope for.

youtube.com/watch?v=fTXzcILPPp8

I actually watched this encounter happen in real life in 2003. I suspect you're too stupid to repect men of action and responsibility.

Mother
Fucker

>nyt
Yeah, nah.

Fuck off back to 9gag fag.

>Washington post
New York times

We're supposed to believe anonymous sources and biased media in lieu of congressmen that say the information contained in the memorandum is explosive? Fuck right off shill.

This will probably lead to other investigations, I bet it will take a while

This is why Trump should fire everybody and replace them with Marines, Air Force, Army, etc

Can't trust politicians like Sessions who keeps giving Trump bad advice.

>wapo
Same shit.
But it was more about
>the document was not as compelling as some of its advocates had promised Trump
unknown sources, up their ass.

Hannity mentioned this today on his radio show
He predicts there will be three phases

ISIS isn't even an enemy, though.

Patton fought Nazi Germany. Now, we're sanctifying Mattis for two failed wars and successes against ISIS

Sup Forums keeps falling for the Nunes meme. The guy's an idiot. You all keep putting your faith in him and you keep getting btfo.

Again, your blaming the generals for a politicans war to make your own stupid point

Fuck off Sweden

How stupid are you. No really, explain your stupidity to us.

This is clearly damage control. Loudmouth, chest beating politicians making something more important than it is, promising more than they can deliver.

Of course they are trying to bring peoples expectations to a somewhat reasonable level, you moron.

I'm not asking you to educate me, just a response

Thanks for the video I'll watch it. Dno what's with the tone, just asking what achievements he has because he's praised as the second coming of Caesar yet nobody says what he's even actually done

>linking unarchived Washington Post

shill detected

I still don't trust kelly

Literally kill yourself.