I don't know if anyone has been following this "Fat Leonard scandal"

I don't know if anyone has been following this "Fat Leonard scandal".
A quick rundown is that a military contractor called Glenn Defense Marine Asia (GDMA) was bribing a whole shit ton of US Navy officers with hookers, cash, booze and parties for information about ship's movements. He would then use this information and use his moles to redirect carriers to ports he controlled where he could overcharge the Navy for fuel, tugboats, barges, food, water and sewage removal.
More than 440 people, including 60 admirals, are under investigation. One of the Admirals that was censured was my old CO while he was apparently doing this shit!
Here's one of the latest articles.
> A former United States Navy commander pleaded guilty on Tuesday to accepting bribes from a Singapore-based defence contractor known as "Fat Leonard" Francis in the largest corruption scandal to hit the US Navy.
>Troy Amundson, 50, who once controlled the service's joint military exercises, admitted to the district court in San Diego having traded "confidential, proprietary US Navy information" for entertainment expenses and services from prostitutes, according to a statement from the US Attorney for the Southern District of California.
>"Amundson admitted that from September 2012 through October 2013, Francis paid for dinner, drinks, transportation, other entertainment expenses and the services of prostitutes for Amundson and other US Navy officers," the US attorney's statement said.
>Amundson is the 20th of 29 defendants to plead guilty in the scandal, that dates back to at least 2007, and faces up to five years in prison and a US$250,000 (S$328,000) fine, reported the Stars and Stripes, a news site for US military news.

archive.fo/LaT9F

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Leonard_scandal
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How can I get in on the hookers, cash, booze, and parties?

Betray your country.

meh, I'll pass. Plenty of booze and hookers available in the third world for cheap without compromising your principles.

That's pretty much what I don't fucking get. I was like an E1 at the time this was going down, and I had no problem getting boozed up and partying. These officers are making how much? They have to give away classified material to fuck hookers and drink?

NAVSUP at its finest. Gotta have that blow ready for the CO but the perishable food stores for my boat can be allowed to rot on the pier for four days before we pull in.

They're a bunch of nerds that never got invited to parties.

It's like the SS guys who got busted with hookers in Columbia. It's honestly hard to avoid hookers in Columbia. Of course they were fucking hookers and getting drunk. It the whole reason LBFM is a thing.

>Between 2006 and 2013, Francis doled out illicit gifts, hosted epicurean feasts and sponsored sex parties for Blue Ridge personnel on at least 45 occasions, according to federal court records and Navy documents obtained by The Washington Post under the Freedom of Information Act.
>Officers from the Blue Ridge consumed or pocketed about $1 million in gourmet meals, liquor, cash, vacations, airline tickets, tailored suits, Cuban cigars, luxury watches, cases of beef, designer handbags, antique furniture and concert tickets — and reveled in the attention of an armada of prostitutes, records show.

>Francis admitted that "he bribed 'scores' of U.S. Navy officials with $500,000 in cash, six figures' worth of sex from his "Thai SEAL team" of traveling prostitutes that greeted ships, lavish hotel stays, spa treatments, $2,000 boxes of Cuban cigars, Kobe beef, Spanish suckling pigs, foie gras terrine, cognac, and an array of other luxury goods."

what the fuck, does anyone have any shame or even any inhibition anymore, jesus

It's not only that the officers were giving away ships' movements so he could rip them off for millions of dollars, but when the government started getting wind of this these same officers were tipping Fat Leonard off when they would try to arrest him.

Admiral Kenneth Norton was censured, he was the CO of the USS Ronald Reagan at the time. Pretty much the military wrote him a strongly worded letter admonishing him. That's his punishment.

>Two weeks after the Judge Advocate General of the 7th Fleet authored a memo on February 2, 2007, warning personnel not to accept gifts from contractors, DeGuzman, with his wife, who were accompanied by other officers, were alleged to have eaten at the Jaan Restraurant and accepted lodging in Singapore that cost $30,000. Other meals included ones at Hong Kong's Petrus Restaurant, which came to $20,435, and Tokyo's New York Grill in Tokyo costing $30,000.
>$30,000 restaurant bill

>Another high ranking naval officer has seen his reputation soiled in the Fat Leonard bribery and corruption scandal.

>Secretary of the Navy Richard V. Spencer has issued a Secretarial Letter of Censure to a now-retired senior officer, retired Rear Adm. Kenneth Norton, following a thorough review into his interactions with Glenn Defense Marine Asia (GDMA) in the 2008-2010 timeframe.

>More such disciplinary measures could be coming. According to a Washington Post report, the Navy has been reviewing the conduct of 440 other active-duty and retired personnel — including 60 current and former admirals — for possible violations of military law or federal ethics rules in their dealings with Glenn Defense Marine Asia and its chairman Leonard Glenn Francis. The newspaper says that the case load has grown as the Justice Department has given the Navy additional dossiers of individuals who did not meet the threshold for prosecution in civilian courts, but may have committed offenses under the military justice system.

This guy was my CO during the time-frame they are talking about.

>Over at least a decade, according to documents filed by prosecutors, Glenn Defense ripped off the Navy with little fear of getting caught because Francis had so thoroughly infiltrated the ranks.

>The company forged invoices, falsified quotes and ran kickback schemes. It created ghost subcontractors and fake port authorities to fool the Navy into paying for services it never received.

>Francis and his firm have admitted to defrauding the Navy of $35 million, though investigators believe the real amount could be much greater.

>“I ask, when has something like this, bribery of this magnitude, ever happened in this district or in our country’s history?” Robert Huie, an assistant U.S. attorney in San Diego, said during a court hearing last year. “Mr. Francis’s conduct has passed from being merely exceptional to being the stuff of history and legend.”

The stuff of history and legend.

>I ask, when has something like this, bribery of this magnitude, ever happened in this district or in our country’s history?
I bet a fair bit of this kind of thing went on during Iraq / Afghanistan.

Wouldn't be surprised anymore.

>"Thai SEAL team" of traveling prostitutes that greeted ships,

I've asked this a couple of places. I figure you guys have the best shot of finding it. I wanna see a thai prostitute SEAL team, preferably in action.

Yep, the Navy started coming down hard on a bunch of brass in 2015 and 2016. Early swamp-drainers. List of names & crimes & whatnot:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Leonard_scandal

I read in another article that's just what he called his hooker squads. He apparently had "SEAL teams" from Russia, Thailand and Vietnam. I think it was just a cute name because he would fly these hookers into to extract information or something.

I am somewhat aware of it. The most shocking thing is that they got caught.

I get it. I still want to see what a tier one operator ho' squad looks like.

If you're an admiral, your punishment is being forced to retire early, but you still get your pension.