Chief, we need an unlikeable protagonist with no personality, clear motivations or character development ASAP

>chief, we need an unlikeable protagonist with no personality, clear motivations or character development ASAP
>I'm on it, nigga

Now someone will say than Gon is "a deconstruction of the shounen protagonist" as usual.

>I'm on it, nigga
you have to go back.

But he had motivation, he wanted to find his father
and he did. Just because you don't like it or think it's of poor quality doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Gon is a deconstruction of the shounen protagonist.

>cheif, we need an OP that doesn't know what he's talking about
>I'm on it nigga

Hard to believe this same author wrote Yusuke Urameshi

Gon is a deconstruction of the shounen protagonist.

Personality= childish, happy and cheerful, but also narrowminded and corruptible
Clear Motivation= wanting to find Ging
Character Development= becomes gradually more obsessed with revenge over the Chimera Ant arc

>Gon
>Protagonist
Your pal sucks at his job, nigga

It's so crap it might as well not exist.

Goku with daddy issues then?

wow that's one shitty character you described

The idea is that there is something wrong with him. He is the autistic hero we all love and so do you.

Do you hate Goku too? Or about half of battle shounen protagonists?

Goku isn't a sociopath

>permanently depowered
Surely he won't appear in HxH ever again?

>permanently

lmao

That's not character development. That's character derailment.

Development doesn't mean improvement. It can be a downward spiral.

Development is also about showing what a character is like in the dark.

Gon is a protagonist of the shounen deconstruction

Yeah Gon is a good character unlike Yusuke from a show that isn't just tournament arcs.

You don't understand, OP, Hunter x Hunter is obviously a deconstruction of the battle shounen genre.

>clear motivations
Nigga. You'd have to literally be retarded to not know what his goal was from episode one.

You can't say that Gon is a sociopath and then say he's not unique/interesting at the same time. Pick one.

Is there any actual reason for him to want to see his dad who abandoned him, but reject his mom who apparently didn't do anything wrong to him?

>
>That's not character development. That's character derailment.
This is bait right?

He has a mother

>T. the fastest of readers

you can think he's a bad character, but that doesn't mean his character traits don't exist

Gon is a psychopath and I love him

Do you just read the plot summary from wikipedia and then just look at the pretty pictures?

Eventually people will wake up from the "Asspull x Asspull is good" meme and value its true merits as a clusterfuck with no clear direction, always in hiatus, abuse of exposition in text bubbles, shitty artwork and terrible character design.

Him already considering his aunt a mom doesn't justify him completely disregarding his actual mom.

Fuck off. Slow readers are the ones who retain nothing from what they read. Fast readers have been consistently shown to have a better understanding of a piece of literature compared to brainlet slow readers. I'll bet that you subvocalize, too.

He wanted to see how being a Hunter was worth abandoning him over.

Why?

Gon's whole dilemma was about guilt. He's not a psychopath.

>Slow readers are the ones who retain nothing from what they read
>Ask about things that have been said in the manga a shitton of times
Doubt.

I'm gonna answer you.
UNCLE Mito was the one who stole gon away from ging because the actual father would have made an unsurprisingly shit job at rising a child

>UNCLE