Im on pension due to schizo, I get 20 free visits to the psychologist every year. Why is Sup Forums so against this?

Im on pension due to schizo, I get 20 free visits to the psychologist every year. Why is Sup Forums so against this?

Would you rather my retired parents look after me forever? (my other siblings are successful normies, so its not like it was their upbringing that made me this way)

Would you rather I get thrown in a mental place? (that costs the tax payer far more than what I get on a pension)

Whats your alternative?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_schizophrenia#By_country
psychologytoday.com/blog/the-depression-cure/200907/dietary-sugar-and-mental-illness-surprising-link
youtube.com/watch?v=bWaFqw8XnpA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

does it do anything or are you still nuts?

if so what's the point? toss you in the bin for all i care.

If I had my way, I'd have all of you shot

Keep the twenty visits but you have to do 20 hrs community service

You're posting on here and making sense with words. What's stopping you from working?

good diet and a 15-minute nature walk each day should resolve most of your symptoms. Too bad you take antipsych meds so your brain will be a melted cabbage by the time you're 35.

>An australian shitposter
>is actually a schizo
After Johnny Fox, i am no longer surprised.

just stay on your meds. We are sick of the --oh I feel better and dont like the side effects, bullshit.

Interesting, how do you know you have shizo?

doing what? crazy things?

That one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me...

same way everyone knows. first, they tell their doctor about a song stuck in their head, or an intrusive thought. the complain about thinking about thinking about feeling unwell. maybe their opinion is too far left or right of field. for example, my mother believes dislike of immigrants is a symptom of schizophrenia, and she is a nurse.

whenever i see schizophrenic people, they always are or look homeless. most of the time it is not hard to understand what is going through their heads. they are responding to something, an argument they have in their head. "what you sayin'?" or "yeah you walk away" or any other type of thing. a normal person has the same sort of thoughts, when they are 'reviewing' an argument, or perfecting a new argument in their heads.
is being a schizo kind of like not being able to hide these thoughts? they are constantly coming out instead of remaining inside like most people do?

I honestly wouldn't resist if that was the case, this is no way to live with a brain like this.

>being this retarded

Ive been lifting for 6 years, and I walk everyday. Exercise literally does nothing for the symptoms, not a single thing. In-fact I've become progressively worse over the years, not better.

Took me about a year to get official diagnosis, had to do brain MRI, set had to see a lot of different kinds of doctors for other kinds of tests/questions, hundreds of questions, is very annoying and time consuming and can be expensive if you dont have income.

How much bux do you get for schizo aus bro? Here all I get is 700 a month plus food stamps, I'm trying to get a subsidized apartment but it takes forever.

try and help us understand what being a schizo is like

>thinking about thinking about
Typo or is it really thinking about the thought of feeling unwell that causes you to feel in well? Also are you really schiz or is it just your idiot nurse mom just saying so cause you hate foreigners? Is the song stuck in your head for years on end or some shit?

Schizophrenia has always interested me. My best friend has it, but he doesn't like to talk about it. He's a completely normal guy and you would be able to tell he has it.

I never said excersize, or walking around a city. you need nature.

it's a fucking meme you dip. "health reminder"

...and that one looks Jewish, and that one's a coon! Who let all this riff-raff into the room?

My grandmother is schizo, it's more than that, she's convinced there is thing are watching her all the time, she thinks her refrigerator talks to her. Her home has gone to shit since my grandpa died and she's has stacks and stacks of insane there's everywhere. I picked up one and it was a detailed theory about how my dead grandpa was really in the E.T. Doll thing she had, she's also admited the voices in her head tell her to do things like run red lights.

She refuses to get help, or let us get her on meds. It's pretty wild, she makes family holidays interesting

$900 every 2 weeks, includes $6 pharmaceuticals.

I live with my parents, so I don't get rent assistance or anything.

And that one's user. Subject him to Sonderbehandlung immediately.

That sounds more like anxiety than skitz to me.

I would be totally ok with you receiving those benefits if you had to undergo sterilization in order to receive them for free.

Damn you're living high on the hog. The mentally ill barely get money not to starve here and to make matters worse a lot of people on schizophrenia bux are frauding. I personally wish they would re open the old long term mental hospitals again.

It would be fine if we sterilized people in exchange for welfare but it seems like most of these programs are designed to increase the number of future recipients like a cancerous growth on the back of the taxpayers

What do you mean schizo exactly?

Have you tried asking the Lord Jesus Christ for help and salvation? Accept him bro, it is the only true way.

I love you three.

But I don't think Pink was technically a victim of schizophrenia, was he?

=
I'm a 30 year old HHKV, haven't even spoken to a female outside of a psychiatrist/psychologist since high-school.

I'm aware of my issues, and I'm aware enough to just not interact with other people at all.

I can't even take care of myself, why would I ever have kids?

I'm schizo too. I'm currently court ordered to get injected with anti psychotics. My doc agreed to taper them off but he's doing it way too slowly. In june I can contest the court order so I can't wait for then. I agreed to sign the consent form last time the order was renewed because of the doc agreeing to taper off meds and because i was working on and album at the time and didnt want to waste time going to court just to lose again. I think I'll win in june though if i fight it. It sucks so much I just want to be hypercreative again.

just leave?

Just get yourself a non pathologizing therapist. The labels are bullshit. You were traumatized and it is possible to process through it and stabilize your brain more if you find an IFS therapist who knows what they are doing and you put in a lot of work. That is easier said than done though so I sympathize.

I know because I was told I had schizoid personality disorder by a therapist who in retrospect sucked. That definition fit me at the time but it wasn't helpful for me in getting better. I'm not the least bit schizoid now. Yes schizoid personality disorder and schizophrenia are considered different things so I'm not conflating the two, but all the labels are counter-productive. Don't identify with the schizophrenia label even if it seems to help you understand yourself at times, introspect with the guidance of the therapist as to what in your past has done this to you. Your schizophrenia symptoms are just extreme maladaptive defenses.

If you are set on not doing what you can to help yourself then my level of sympathy goes down. The 20 free visits from some licensed quack who doesn't actually know how to help people are not going to help you, try to find a better way. Find some means of employment even if it is just bagging at the grocery store, and you can find non licensed therapists who don't charge an arm and a leg and actually know what they are doing.

I was on abilify for a month and didn't have side effects at all but after a month I decided to go cold turkey and still had no side effects.

>propper diet fixes schizo
Fukkin wut

hello slide poster

do you even know what a schizophrenic is?

please tell us, and be careful what you grab a random webpage, because I will be able to tell you if you are correct or not, because a true schizophrenic will know the most important point

Yea OK
American knuckles

Schizoid is the negative symptoms of Schizo, Schizotypal is the positive symptoms of Schizo

So it pretty much is the same thing if you think about it from that point of view.

im for voluntary euthanasia for severe treatment resistant psychiatric conditions

We would rather sterilize you so you can't produce more broken brains for us to deal with.

Why then would you oppose sterilization? It's just a precaution.

Surely there are schizophrenic folks who are physically attractive and willing to have unprotected sex. Possibly some who are less aware of their condition and see no reason not to pursue sexual partners and raw dog with them.

>can't even take care of myself, why would I ever have kids?
This is a level of awareness far beyond the average welfare recipient in America, but you are fine with me

this is pretty interesting
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_schizophrenia#By_country
what is different about countries with low prevalence?

You're glowing.

>propper diet fixes schizo
>Fukkin wut

psychologytoday.com/blog/the-depression-cure/200907/dietary-sugar-and-mental-illness-surprising-link

Many more factors
Read The Mood Cure

Im physically attractive. But again my self-awareness is there. I have a lot of paranoia around other people, and very high paranoia of STDs, so I cant even imagine bringing myself to have sex.

>what is different about countries with low prevalence?
They don't fuck their cousins
Same reason why Jews have so many genetic diseases: high mutational load

I have a 20 cent solution to your problem. I'll supply the gun.

He needs to exercise his brain. Train self-confidence, positive thinking,all along the exercise. He's locked into thought patterns that reinforce the current brain architecture that gives him schizo, it's a cycle, but he should be able to stop/minimize it, if he puts effort into it, as the neuron have plasticity, no matter what age. We're good at things we do repeatedly. If he let's the current brain architecture as it is, he'll remain schizo, but if he takes control of his thoughts, then he'll slowly reshape all synapses/connections over time, like learning how to play a new instrument.

Schizophrenia occurs in 1% of all races and ethnicity's. This proves it is a natural, normal occurrence in the human species.

People with schizophrenia are the designated spiritual priest, shaman and witch doctor class.

Our position in the tribal unit has been usurped by Jewish academics like most fields today.

They teach that we are the ones who are sick. They undermine our positions of importance and relevance.

This
Read The Politics of Experience
There mentally ill are on a journey
Current forms of treatment fail them
Ours is a society that is itself insane

My uncle was schizo-affective.

He believed toilet paper killed the world. Some days he was Satan, some days he might have been or known Christ. He believed that the niggers that beat him at Austin State Hospital were sending him messages through the walls, or that the whorish meth addicted neighbors were sending him messages like "M&Ms, I love you Hunny-Bunny!" Occasionally in the middle of the night he'd wake up and scream "Get the fuck out of here, Dave!"

He drank about 2 gallons of soda a day, and smoked 3 or more packs of cigarettes a day. His fingers were yellow, he had like 3 teeth which were all rotten, too. He was morbidly obese at 35, and died at 43.

Fun fact: Two weeks before he died, I had a dream that I was walking down a hospital hall, and entered a room on the left and he was laying there, with his face all purplish and his tongue hanging out. He was obviously dead in the dream and it scared me so much that I woke up at 3am and went to talk to him. He was lucid at this time, and we talked about his good memories. On the day he died, I was getting ready to go to work at 7am. He had slept in a La-Z-Boy after waking up during the night to someone sending messages to him. He asked me to get him a soda, and I (having the belief that he would outlive his coddling mother, and hoping he would become more self-sufficient like being able to live in a half-way house) told him that "it wouldn't kill you to get your own soda"... He gets up, grabs a soda, opens it, takes a drink, sits down and his arm shoots out. The soda flies across the room, he hunches over and moans a few times then goes silent.

He had a pulmonary embolism and the action of moving actually caused it to go off. So it did kill him to get the soda... even though it was inevitable. I felt like shit because that was the last thing I said to him.

Long story short, when I went to see him in the hospital, not knowing he was dead for sure... He looked like he did in my dream. Creepy shit.

WHO SENT YOU

Personality disorders including schizoid are a farce because their classification requirements are highly subjective. Schizophrenia on the other hand requires psychotic episodes and has neurological evidence.

I always wondered about the movie. As far as "reality" outside of the main character's perspective, his concert was going out on stage in postwar England, ranting and expressing support for NatSoc ideals taken to the extreme, pointed out minorities in the audience and telling them they'd be shot if it were up to him, and then exiting to collapse in the dressing room where the last real image we see of him is being discovered by the black security guard. I always had the idea that The Trial and the last few minutes of The Wall were his pre-death hallucinations after the nigger security guard beats him to death.

nvm, I just realized that Pink goes full-on schizo by the end of the album. Never realized it's just the tale of a man's descent into utter madness. I always thought it was just a metaphor for self-isolation and contempt for society

>trashes his apartment because the groupie bitch offers him a glass of water
>calls his ex-wife 1000x throughout the album
>severe mommy issues
>muh daddy died in WWII
>hates fags, jews, and blacks (more redpilled than schizo)
>willingly isolates himself
>alienates his bandmates
>doctor has to intervene and (presumably) gives him thorazine
>has a full mental breakdown at the end and hallucinates a courtroom

Goddamn Rog, you absolute lege

That wont work sorry.

I had literal E' and NAs back in highschool (2000-2004) and I had to leave because I just couldn't do it.

I tried doing some other stuff but its hard when I can't be around groups of people, and travelling is impossible because I cannot drive, and I cant be on public transport for obvious reasons.

My dad was driving me to a college for awhile when I was doing a course but I eventually failed out of that because my mind just wont let me concentrate when im surrounded by lots of different people all the time.

Its hard to explain, its just painful to have to go out, anytime I do go out I end up with my symptoms worsening. I stay normalized when Im at home all the time doing my own thing.

I’m actually in favor of subsidizing healthcare for the mentally ill.

The film has a bit different cannon than the album.

You're probably right though. That or he was dead from the start. He looks strung out during the Mother, One of My Turns, and When The Tigers Broke Free sequences.

Your uncle lived a hellish life. Be glad that he's at peace and no longer suffering. I hope I die really early too because once my parents are gone I'm likely to be locked up in a ward for the rest of my life.

Your parents will be taking care of you soon

user
You don't have an uncle
This is a simulation
Please wake up

>He looked like he did in my dream.
I always had the notion that we are able to "see" into the future in our lucid dreams. But why and how?

Explained very clearly. Nice job user

>Would you rather my retired parents look after me forever?

They should take you for a walk in the woods.

>It sucks so much I just want to be hypercreative again.

you're conflating your illness for the virtue of one of its side effects. your hypercreativity comes at the cost of, or as a product of, your unstable, unbalanced mental congruity. your doctor is probably tapering you slowly because of past incidents that indicate that you're a danger to yourself or others when the meds aren't active

It is the duty of a nation to take care of its Volk.

Theres no such thing as spirits or souls, goy. That's clearly insanity and we'll take all of your rights away, lock you away, estrange you from your family, beat you, inject you with chemicals until youre thinking right.
Oh, that book we wrote about God and stuff? Thats all metaphors haha or something leave that to us. The only thing that exists is material. Consume pre-packaged spirituality that reads like a story book but dont put any thought into it. Just use it to impress your friends and families and be a Good Goy. That's a good goy.

thanks, user

...based Swede?

>she's convinced there is thing are watching her all the time
What if she's right?

Oh yeah I know he had a shitty life. After he died I went out and had a proper irish wake and downed like half a bottle of whisky. It was a shitty situation I lived in, my grandmother was in her 70s at the time after living a sedentary and smoker's life. She had depression in the 60s-70s and was actually given electroconvulsive therapy which she says actually helped her not worry so much. But she had been taking care of him for years and her health was bad due to COPD and Emphysema and she had ulcers at one point which were literally the worst her doctor had seen in his 20 years of practicing. My other uncle lived with us as well and he had a psychotic break and thought that Bob Barker was telling him what color was evil that day by the tie that he wore on the price is right. He'd scratch cars with his keys if they were the wrong color. Mental illness is in my family and my father died of Leukemia.

I myself have always had anxiety issues, and dropped out of college when I developed severe panic disorder to the point that I couldn't leave the house for literally 3 years. I'm working now but I was hoping to have done better, and now I have 48k in student loans that I wish I had never gotten. I was studying neuroscience. I should've just gone to trade school and become a plumber or electrician.

I've only had a few dreams where I saw something that happened later, but I think it was just my brain noticing he was sick before-hand and my mind just filled in the pieces. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't actually gotten out of bed and gone to talk to him that night. But it really fucked with me.

Damn dude, no offense but I hope you don't procreate. Your genes sound really bad.

None taken, but it won't stop me from having children.

>Vikings practice eugenics for years by only taking the hot English women on raids
>Sweden practices eugenics until the 1970s by sterilizing kids at their schools
>Presently muslims rape the shit out of them completely negating years of questionable yet super sexy behavior

Don't lecture me on eugenics Sweden

I'll fuck a black girl and my sperm will jump inside a massive nigger flesh gundam and my marine son will come join the rape orgy

I hear voices, but in my case a Triangle UFO talks inside my head.

That goes to 99% of this board.

Yeah man I hope I don't get locked up and I'm dead before then. Fuck becoming content and accepting such an existence

>I think it was just my brain noticing he was sick before-hand and my mind just filled in the pieces.
How would your mind have known what his face would've looked like? You'd have to have diagnosed what was wrong with him subconsciously and know what the results would look like. Did you have that knowledge available to you at some point?

There are different types of schizophrenia. For example, paranoid schizophrenia. Some general symptoms are delusions (grandeur, prosecution, invasive thoughts), hallucinations (primary auditory), trouble speaking and stringing together thoughts to name a couple. It takes 6 months to diagnose and predominately develops in males between their 20's to early 40's.

The delusions often manifest in way that involve an area of expertise like a mathematician having delusions about numbers or in one case I've seen, a microbiologist completely obsessed with algae and a million conspiracy theories around it. They might find a hint of truth and make insane leaps in rationality based on nothing or coincidence.

I'm not schizophrenic but I have had one brief (3-day) schizophreniform episode and as OP said, it is no way to live.

youtube.com/watch?v=bWaFqw8XnpA

What if you got an STD they don't know about yet from going to school and sitting where someone else sat?

drink some gum turpentine in sugar (1 tea spoon) a day for a week and you'll be cured.

your brain is directly connected to your gut, you have worms, bro.

also, you're welcome.

Just fucking adopt. Don't burden a child your absolute trash genetics.

Filthy frog poster trying to push him over the edge.

Sup Forums I’m concerned for my older brother. He’s 23, and was diagnosed with schizotypal personality disorder when he was 19. He currently lives with my mom, and does nothing but play Runescape all day, and occasionally exercises. I’m pretty sure that when my mom moves house in a year or two, he’ll wind up homeless, again, (I don’t want to bore you with the full story). He frequently skips his appointments with a psychologist, even though he is perfectly able to get there himself. It feels like I can do nothing as he inevitably worsens his condition by not going to appointments, being a fiend for weed, and wasting his time with computer games. Re-reading this I’m not sure where I was going but oh well, maybe someone can give me insight as to how I can help him, idk.
>inb4 nice blog

This is why I have a home gym.

Addendum: Gene therapy will negate the issues in the next couple of generations and if we have it our way, we can properly introduce eugenics into the fold. This will allow us to filter and delete the genes that have caused so many issues.

Aside from the obvious faults I've mentioned in my genetic profile, I would say that I'm above average intelligence and I could show you that my IQ is in the 124-130 range as indicated by my neuropsychological assessment that I took when I complained that I wasn't focusing as well as I should have. I still maintain that I didn't do as well as I should have on that particular set of tests but since there was no baseline, I was given a "There's nothing wrong with you, goyim... other than the panic disorder."

I've seen plenty of dead people in my life. You take someone that's living, and drain the color and life out of them. The tongue hanging out was a result of them removing the intubator. Idk, it is what it is.

Just give them a good environment and they'll be fine.
>ancap
>telling other people how to live
Are you doing this right?

flag checks out

That's a good idea. You can't be too careful. What if there are airborne STDs though?

Oh of course, I was only referring to the film. I can't see it being a Sixth Sense kinda twist considering the project, whether film or album, was Waters working through his father issues resulting from his death in Anzio and how he felt that contributed to his alienation onstage later in life. I guess with that perspective, my headcanon is wrong too. Fuck it, I stand by my theory anyway.

I'm actually OK with this, cases like yours are a rarity and as you point out are totally worth it all options considered.
my issue is with the lazy fucks who limp into the disability office on crutches and then casually stroll back out grinning like the cat that ate the cannary

Sort yourself out. Get a job.

Yeah, I think a lot of my problems actually come from not having a steady father figure in my life coupled with a drug addicted drama queen of a mother. I had 7 stepfathers (she's married a couple of times or more since I stopped talking to her 9 years ago) and most of them were former military that dealt drugs. Something about going to vietnam made all sorts of veterans drug dealers.

I know that I'll be there for my children, and if I do succumb to a disease at an early point in my children's life/lives, I know I've selected the proper mother to raise my children. Her family has way fewer problems medically but she's of average intelligence. The only problem I see is that she's had salt and pepper hair since she was a teenager, but that can be overlooked.

Waters never got over his daddy dying in dubyadubyatwo. That's pretty much what drove a stake through the heart of pink floyd. The other members wanted to progress and explore new thematic territory, and Roger just wanted to make My Daddy Died In The War: The Album over and over again.

Well everyone i've known who's schiz has had a job. Maybe you're just lazy OP.

>Why is Sup Forums so against this?
Because you should not be allowed to reproduce

I'm not forcing him to do anything. I'm telling him to make the moral and selfless choice. These illnesses utterly debilitate and leave the person unable ti function independently and live a normal life.
Gene therapy will not happen within any of our lifetimes or even 150 years from now. In that timeframe, if your genes are riddled with multiple debilitating psychiatric conditions, then I urge you strongly not to have a child. I cannot stop you however.