Why is seen as acceptable for a grown adult male to play video games?

Why is seen as acceptable for a grown adult male to play video games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5nTfKySq3yM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck you I'm 36 and I play COD all the time...but it's kind of a bonding thing with my 8yr old son.

I wonder what your wife thinks of all that.

Why not play sports instead you lazy faggot? Your kid is gonna grow up fucked up because of your manchild ways.

This

I just play video games to bond with my wife's son

Accelerationism. Why help a system that steals from me to house and feed niggers with incentivizes for breeding as much as possible while whites can’t even afford to get a family started until their 30s? Whites are fighting school debt and can’t get started while Treyvon gets a full ride because of his skin color. The game is rigged so I choose to not play.

>telling other people what to do with their lives
I'll spend my time and money how ever I please

Because adults have hobbies.

I'm not gonna work all the fucking time. I like to play vidyas.

You're only accelerating your own demise you lazy video game addict. Rest of society will move on with or without you.

shit climate

So you're fine with white women fucking niggers and homosexuality because people should do whatever they want with their lives? Lolbertarians are cancer.

Latisha thanks you for the food and diapers.

Why is it seen as acceptable for Australians to be so retarded?

> wife's son

It's like asking why is it acceptable for 30 year olds to snapchat and twitter from the toilet?

It's called technology and it's simply another form of entertainment.

Anyway here's a picture for you to use OP.

How is playing a few videogames bad in any way at all ... its just a way to relax and get stress out of your head which is probs more healthy anyway

>probably spent over 10000 hours on video games alone , from pc to console

28 years old now and probably never gonna have kids at this point since I'm a fucking loser. Yay

I bought a Nintendo Switch today so I could play the new mario game. It helps me cope with the realization that I will never have a real job that can support a wife and children. I would rather not settle for a single mother or a previous slut, and I am literally autistic so I have no game and want no game other than Mario games.

Unless your playing 5-6+ hours a day it isnt a problem

She's pretty fucking happy to stay at home and take care of the 3 year old and 18 month old, even though she has a journalism degree.
He's 8 all they have here for his age is soccer (fuck that), but I've been training him in hopes he can make the JV hand egg team in two years.

>teaching "your" son to be a lazy faggot who waste time and braincells on the video jew

Grade A parenting

Would you have been willing to do the work to succeed if you didn’t have videogames or just wasted time with something else?

is it ok to watch movies for up to 3+ hours at a time?

is it ok to watch sports?
is it ok to do ANY leisure activity that isn't reading books or working out?

This is why I make these threads, to hopefully wake up video game addicts like this man from their addiction.

There's always time to change, user. Sell or break your video games and consoles. Also delete your steam account.

People spend more time sitting in the cab of their truck. Atleast u can do alot more on a pc

Forgot to mention that video games trigger roasties because they hate it when a man is using his time and energy for anything except earning money and giving her attention.

You can't delete a steam account, you stupid FAGGOT!!!!

I don't watch TV or movies like all adults. If I'm sitting down in front of a screen, it's to play a game. Sue me.

You speak nonsense words. That's not how you form an argument

the only game that is acceptable for grown men to play is Civ V.

If u really want people to quit videogames get them into drugs

The problem with videogames, in fact, is not what exactly you're doing, but with what you're not doing.
You could spend this time with your wife/girlfriend or try to find one. You could do really useful hobbies, be more successful in work, etc.
But instead you're just playing videogames in attempt to "relax", but in fact ruining your life even more, spending time for nothing.

CoD is an awful game for kids to be playing. Unless you want his IQ to be 90 he should be playing strategy games.

Society doesn't reward white men anymore, so fuck it

Superpowers mod, version 5 is the best

Why is acceptable for anyone to like anything? Do you like cars? Why is that acceptable? Fawning over machines that take you from one place to the other. Do you read fiction? How dare you read a book that has no basis in reality and doesn't teach you anything. Fishing? Don't even get me started.

Since we have this thread, every single fucking day, you win a big fat sage today my friend.

That's not true when you consider that most grown men only play video games after a long days work and to relax, which is actually healthy for the mind.

Being a workaholic is akin to being on drugs. The stress will wear your body and mind out. Unless you're implying that to be successful you have to work 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Sure there are other things to spend time on, but it just to happens that as a gamer
I like to spend my time playing games. Do you have hobbies? What makes them better than mine?

>You could spend this time with your wife/girlfriend or try to find one.
fuck off

Exactly this.

> but I've been training him in hopes he can make the JV hand egg team in two years.
>hand egg
Why the fuck would you want your kid to have irreparable brain damage later in life?

Why is it ok for them to watch football games? Why is it acceptable for them to go bowling? Why acceptable to get real drunk at the bar? Why is it acceptable for men especially the POTUS(all of them basically) to golf all the time? Why is it acceptable for men to have a poker night and beers with the rest of the guys? Why is it acceptable for men to do anything.... anything at all but work, sleep, shit, and shave.
Now im not the type of adult man to play video games. But i like to bowl or have a poker night with beer with the guys. And yea the wife protests sometimes... and im sure guys who do the vidya get a naggy wife sometimes when they boot up their system. But im not about to join naggy wives on their men's urge to do some vidya gaming here and there as my little hobbies are no more justifiable or rational than playing vidya. Its just to fucking relax after a hard day of work and to escape from the mundane routine boring bullshit that comes with daily living. Some people do too much vidya... but if it wasnt vidya they were doing to much of itd be gambling, drinking, drugs, golf, sex, or fucking SOMETHING.

It's just been my hobby since I was a kid.
I have made tons of friends social circles, etc. Also learned a lot about computers, and the industry.
Back when I was a late teen still living off my parents I played a fuck ton of gran turismo, went to the first mlg meeting in new York, was about 10 of us. The halo and Madden crowed out numbered us. Still was fun, they gave us an allowance and we spent it all on booze. They didn't invite us back.

>my wife's son
C U C K
U
C
K

Yeah i can see what u are saying its just everyone needs their "escape" from reality and for some people games do just that

Not a problem unless you reach the NFL.

Don't be a faggot, he can play cod. Because we do other shit too, like surf and hunt.
A fucking leaf...he will be fine playing JV football at a 1A school faggot. Fuck hand egg, but it does build character, and there is no reason we can't sit up late on the weekends and play vidya together, I don't give a fuck witch game.

I don't think you neets get it... Its fun as shit to play with all the new Lego's, vidya, and all the other toys. Having sons is fun as shit.

>Why is seen as acceptable for a grown adult male to play video games?

we have liberty?

Who the fuck are you to even apply the concept of "acceptable" to the random behavior of others? Way way too much thinking about what other people are doing. That shit is what a cunt would say.

>You could do really useful hobbies, be more successful in work, etc.

Yeah let me just use my free time to be more successful at work, which is impossible because I'm not there, or find a hobby. Maybe I'll make horse toys out of wood.

I mean come on if you are already making money then your job is your hobby because you spend most your time there anyway. Might as well relax afterwards.

good ridance society

>implying without vydia one could be chad

just no . some people are just better at life than others

Because you cant do shit against it brah because its men doing it and what are you going to do against the people that hold up society? Yeah right NOTHING, bitch ass punk.
Also its a better hobby than watching shows or writing stupid shit online.

would Sup Forums prefer your kid to play fucking video games, or go to parties and smoke meth / impregnate young girls.

No

Its a fucking thin line between both. IMO.

Football will make your kid retarded from repeated hits to the head. Sup Forums will call me a cuck and a shill but American football is such a bad sport to put your kid into

>most grown men only play video games after a long days work and to relax
Don't think it's quiet correct. But, even if we take your words as true, that's some sort of disaster. Even if you spend your weekends to play vidyas, you loose like 96 hours every month. If you'd be learning any language during the same amount of time, you'd know it as a native speaker after just three-four years. Think about it.

>Being a workaholic is akin to being on drugs.
>The stress will wear your body and mind out.
The perfect situation is when you relax in doing your work. One should like his work.

>Unless you're implying that to be successful you have to work 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Under "successful" I mean not only making more money, work more or something like that. You're successful when you are contributing to society, developing yourself and your mind and not wasting your time for usless things.

>I like to spend my time playing games. Do you have hobbies? What makes them better than mine?
My hobby is learning languages. Today it's english, tomorrow will be spanish, then persian, hebrew and german. My hobby is developing my mind, making me a better person. And yours?

For a man it's hard enough to live without women. Think about it.

I think living in a country where you can play all the vidya you want, eat all the big macs you want, drink all the hard liquor you want till it all kills you is a free fucking country and i love the right to be able to do things that are bad for me. They just need to legalise weed, meth, coke, heroine, and anabolic steroids and we are good!

the people i knew growing up who played video games are the few people in my suburb who didn't develop a drug addiction, or end up in prison.

infantilzation of men, also women but on a more or less smaller scale. Giving them intrinsically meangingless tasks to boost the ego and make the individual feel more important than they actually are. simple bell-reward system, designed to keep the NPCs of our world distracted from making themselves into playable characters.

Why contribute to a society that hates you?

Think you could be at peace at work at a prison stone quarry? How about fighting a war? Could you enjoy work and be at ease and relaxed when out on thw battlefield? Could you be relaxed and at ease as an ER doctor???

this

It's not

Did they also have dads? I have three sons, it's my job to take care of them, and try to red pill them along their way. That doesn't mean I get to choose their path...

Im with you on that one

You are a prime example of the cancer on this board. Dumb fuck authoritarian who needs someone to tell them how to think and act. What happens when the xir in charge decides you aren't welcome? Tje state of you is fucking embarrassing.

>Complaining about video games while wasting time on a political board, on a Mongolian Sculpting site.
You are silly.

Videogames are an incredible way to spend SOME free time on. They're a lot of fun, and you can learn virtues from some (think about how you had to push to get past some bosses in dark souls or whatever). Don't waste your whole damn life on them though. We all know that feeling after playing a few hours (too much) videogames - not fun. Not to mention the negative effects on your health, and sucking time away from other pursuits. Gotta think long and short term.

Based New Zealand bro.

Vidya games are 100 percent ok.
Big issue is mainly with the onez the have no pause button that are designed to be super time consuming. Raids and shit on WoW are when gaming becomes too much for a working father.

Because grown man can do what the fuck they want?
I am 28, work hard, make more money than I can spend, have my investments in check, have a qt3.14 girlfriend, own a house and we will have our first kid this year.
What I do in my free time only concerns me. I also lift 3 times a week and read during my daily commute, so whatever.

>tfw you will never experience the overwhelmingly racist hilarity that is playing 'comedy night'

for you if you want to let out all of those bitter virgin tears and cry yourself to sleep tonight.

Or, you could choke them back, shower, brush your teeth, and go to bed. Then tomorrow, you can work on improving your life, one babby step at a time.

>Why is seen as acceptable for a grown adult male to spout vacuous shite on Sup Forums?

FTFY

as adult male I do not give a singular shit about what strangers on internet deem to see as acceptable
yesterday I played HoMM and watched Yuru Camp
fuck soyboy normals

Happens to plenty of high schoolers and college players, actually. Not as high a percentage as the NFL, but 0.05% of American high schooler sustaining brain damage adds up to a hell of a lot when there's a million a year of them.

>literally never said anything like that

Is cath newman posting?

Does your wife have a friend named Tyrone?

It's a sport for the lazy.

Real sports are better for you and relieve even more stress, but if you were raised indoors, what do you do?

That's not an excuse you faggot, get your arse in gear and suck it up.

I'm in my 30's, and video games provided me a distraction that allowed me to quit snorting coke, and popping pills. A side effect was my being able to afford a house that is paid off, and a six, close to seven figure bank account.

If that makes me a manchild oh fucking well... I'll be playing Victor Vran if anyone wants to co-op.

>all they have here for his age is soccer (fuck that),
Fuck running around a field in the fresh air interacting with his peers when he can sit on a couch and stare at a screen... Fuck is wrong with you? I've never paid any attention to your weird Armoured Rugby game, but I'm sure there are various transferable skills for it in normal football. Get that kid out of the fucking house.

thats a bingo

What's wrong with video games? How does it differ from something like watching a movie? As long as you don't play all day and have a job i don't see whats so harmful about it

Soccer was unironically the greatest part of my childhood. It was so much fun, you're depriving your son of immense happiness.

Grown adult men have been wasting time with dumb little games since forever. Solitaire, dice, tarot, scat, checkers. And there's always been someone complaining about it. Aka protestants.

>TIS NOT THE HIGHEST OF INTELLECTUAL PURSUITS! FOR WHAT PURPOSE!?!??!
>WHY NOT RAISETH A BARN?
>A LIFE NOT SPENT WORKING IS A LIFE WASTED
>THOU DEGENERATES

It’s not acceptable. Who told you that it was?

what do you do for work? Do you make enough for your wife to stay home?

*gf

Because.

youtube.com/watch?v=5nTfKySq3yM

Things like these are good in moderation.
The Important thing is that you can control your self and be your own master.

Don't play COD , play hard like Crysis series, one shot you die.
Shooters help corner awareness in a tactical setting, quote from our breaching lesson.

Don’t play anywhere near the amount I did when I was a kid but every now and again if I’m home and have time to kill I’ll play a little. Gets old fast though, after about 20-30 mins I just find something else to do.

Cause it's cheaper and more available than most hobbies and activities. Also hobbies require garage space or an extra room, most people have trouble making ends meet as it is.
Back in the 80s-90s everyone had something interesting in their garage. Now it's considered a luxury to even have a garage. The game industry is simply using the fact that people have less time, space and money.

i feel so much rage and anger its almost electrifying my body. as i go through my day i feel these waves of rushing almost cooling effects across my skin that makes my hair stand up and can almost feel it surging into my nerves to my spine up to my skull i have this uneasy thrashing unplaced energy roiling around inside myself i feel as if i could walk out my door and sprint full out until my body just fails and dies yet the energy will surge through and project my consciousness into another realm of existence

Because fuck you, I do what I want nigger.

It's okay to relax with some mindless fun after a day of work or studies. I'd say playing games is better than watching TV anyway.