Code Geass

Was Lelouch the greatest hero Britannia never knew they had? Or the greatest enemy of the entire world, a villain to the very end? Were his actions justified against all the crimes and misdeeds he committed? Was the Zero Requiem the best solution for finding peace? Is he the best anti-hero in anime?

Very clearly not an anti hero.

It reminded me of crime and punishment

He never set out to be a hero or a villain, he only did what he had to do to make the world a better place for his sister. That's it.

>implying this is genuinely true
>implying Lelouch isn't just an asshole out for revenge against his father, lying about his sister to justify his own actions

Who did he lie to? Us the viewers? I haven't seen the anime in a while so my memory is a bit hazy, did he ever tell anyone that he was doing it for his sister besides narrating for us?

He lied to himself. He uses Nunally as a crutch to justify to himself his own actions.

To be fair, in R2 he realizes this and corrects his motivations.

But in the end didn't he make her look weak and pathetic and make himself out to be the bad guy and kill himself as to have Nunally take the throne and no one suspect her to be apart of Anything Lelouch did.

He made himself out to be the greatest evil in the world so that Zero killing him would unite the people under a common cause. He made himself go down in history as one of the greatest enemies of peace so the world could enter a new age of actual peace.

I watched season 1 the other day but damn I couldn't get past episode 2 of Season 2.

Soooooo bad.

R1 is legitimately a great show. R2 is mostly not a great show, but it was fun to watch the disaster unfold with the rest of Sup Forums.

Also, in R2 all the mechs start flying and it's annoying. One of the charms of R1 is that the knightmare frames are fairly low-key mechs, with the exception of the three hero units.

you'll miss out on a great ending then.

Just watch it till the end, there are plenty of shitstorms and cool mechs.

It was his superficial reason, but not truly his motivation.
By his own admission, it became an appeal to ego until he realized the only saving grace move was to set the stage for others not swept up by their own delusions.

CG was Breaking Bad before Breaking Bad.

R2 is unironically amazing and the perfect continuation of R1. The highschool scenes were very funny and entertaining. The mecha fights were also a blast to watch, especially the parts where the Lancelot and Gurren are duking it out in the sky. I also loved Rolo, he is very fun to watch, especially in the dub.

>When the story progresses and the student council room becomes more and more empty
That scene were Rolo is all alone in the room is when it dawned on me that he was basically the only member left, and it made me feel bad.

Oh, there will be a lot of these thread when R3 comes out.
There aren't any anti-heroes in the show, really, everyone is either a cretin or a sinner.

>He lied to himself. He uses Nunally as a crutch to justify to himself his own actions.
>To be fair, in R2 he realizes this and corrects his motivations.
This is literally the definition of "I understood nothing about Code Geass".

>It was his superficial reason, but not truly his motivation.
Except it was literally the other way around:
the fake reason is that everything was for mankind. The true reason is that everything was for Nunnally.
Except in the end, when he realizes his responsibility towards the entire world, not just his sister.
This is well known by anyone who watched the series with a bare minimum of attention.

Was C.C. best girl all along?

>Think Jeremiah is just a huge prick during all of S1
>S2 happens and he's shown to be an enemy once more, now upgraded
>Oh shit his Geass canceler sounds like it'll be a really tough trump card to over-come
>Turns over to Lelouch's side five minutes later, only used to progress the Shirley sub-plot
>Still ends up becoming one of my favorite characters after that even though he only uses his Geass canceler once after that point, which was still a bit disappointing
Despite the use of his cancel ability being a let down, I still grew to like him a lot once he teamed with Lelouch. The male characters with undying loyalty and a strong sense of justice always end up being my favorites, like Gamagori.

I guess we'll find out next season.

Everything happened the way it needed to happen. If Lelouch had gone along with Euphemia's plan for real, everything would have been fine for Japan, but eventually Charles' plan would have succeeded and the world would essentially become like the ending of Evangelion, only without the sea of tang. But seriously fuck Rolo for killing Shirley. I am glad she is out of the picture because I am a Kallenfag, but was that REALLY necessary?

I am really curious how R3 is even going to continue this shit. If Lelouch shows himself, the entire plan is RUINED, and everything done in R2 was for nothing. Even if there's a 10 year timeskip, it's still not long enough for people to accept the outcome. Wars around the world were seemingly dealt with when the EU, Britannia, and Japan made their peace treaty. Who is gonna poke the hornet's nest? I feel like they are going to asspull Geass cult remnants or aliens and go all metaphysical on us in R3.

>I feel like they are going to asspull Geass cult remnants or aliens and go all metaphysical on us in R3.

Yep. Spot on.

I'm curious to see what new Geass powers will be introduced, and if they'll be really powerful to make antagonists more threatening or if they'll be double-edged swords. The ones we've seen so far have ranged from mediocre, to powerful double-edged swords, to just being straight up powerful. It'll be interesting to see if the "blue Geass" theories hold true, and if Lelouch comes back with a green Geass to signify his powers are on another level. It'd also be interesting to see if he does bare both Code and Geass, in which case I wonder if he'd then become L.L.?