Sup Forums's hall of fame

I'm trying to put together a list of all the memorable shows for this board throughout the years. Unfortunately I'm not an oldfag so anything from the board's birth to early 2006 is lost on me, plus my memory is pretty hazy regarding the activity of some shows. I've got a bunch of stuff down but I'm sure I'm missing a few. Rules are simple:

- The show or manga must have had a remarkable and lasting impact on the board during its airing time or afterwards, preferably flooding Sup Forums with threads
- Containment threads must have failed if they existed at the time

Candidates I've considered but not added yes:
>Psycho Pass
>O MY RUBBER NEN
>Starting today, I'm Nagaoka's girlfriend. Pleased to meet you
>Rozen Maiden
>Bakemonogatari

O

The Free! announcement.

Raildex was (and in sometimes, still is) the pinnacle of autism, both in good ways and bad ways. Railgun shitposting, TouMAN, Accel spammer himself, etc.
Actually I'm pretty sure you can still get yourself banned by posting with Accelerator in the namefield, but I'm not gonna test it myself.

SAO due to the amount of Frodos it spawned

You dont have the rape on valverape there or maybe I am missing it.

Valverape was huge and still gets brought up from time to time

>consensual rape

It what way is Guilty Crown a good anime?

TWGOK

>Naruto
>Kill la Kill
>Re:Zero
Fuck off. Those threads were only active because of crossboarders.

oh right when best girl won

Fuck off you stupid normie

>normie
Fuck off normalfag
>preferably flooding Sup Forums with threads
That's fucking retarded because it can be done by a lone autist, for example the re zero spam

What kind of shitstorm that K-on has caused?

True

These two are a bit the bottom of the barrel

Quality has nothing to do with it. I don't like half a bunch of the shows I've put on the list, either. Also crossboarding, just like summer Sup Forums, is a boogeyman

Anyone who's not a complete retard can tell when the board is being flooded by a single person. Also it's become harder ever since the captcha was put into place

It had a huge following on Sup Forums and thanks to it the popularity of CGDCT shows skyrocketed, with all the shitposting it involved

>Anyone who's not a complete retard can tell when the board is being flooded by a single person.
Exactly, what's your point?
Re zero was a single fag spamming, you're a retard if you didn't realize it.

I pity anyone who didn't experience this

Dunno man, Gatari seasons, Medaka Box manga weekly threads, CA and other trainwreck of the season. /q/

best girl schlicking to MC in kokoro connect

Forgot: color wars

>no Aku no Potato
sure its summer dude

T H I S

Threadly reminder

>no haruhi endless summer
The entire board went complete apeshit for a month. Nothing will ever beat this.

>cgi dragon
NO

uh hello??
camrip experience truly was the pinnacle of Sup Forums

I don't remember Toradora having more shitposting than other harems.

It's funny how cherry-picked this image is. I remember clearly barely anyone was even following this garbage manga after that dumb time travel arc.

I was about to cry watching Episode 10 but Sup Forums made me laugh and get away with mere depression
Garbage tier anime but top tier threads with SHSL wageslave and Juzoboys

Newfag here and I feel you are right.

>was a few episodes behind on samumenco
>will never get the chance to experience guillotine gorilla threads at ground zero

Man, I wished I witnessed this for myself.

>R3 around the corner

It's going to be glorious

Christmas suffering events - Akame ga kill christmass tree and OST release calendar changes (can't remember for shit it was same year and what's more to it)
Chikan Otoko saving Christmas on the other hand
Umineko
Accelspammer

>Accelspammer
This. Loli uprising deserves a mention

The Free announcement was huge, because a year earlier there was that ominous image floating around from KyoAni, and people thought it would be Haruhi or FMP.

Kill yourself slowly and painfully.

Accelspammer wasnt an event. It was like several months of suffering

It's like putting the box or wiki spam up there

>OreImo
>only an honorable mention

Oregairu?

You did already list Bakemonogatari, but how significant was the reaction to Kaiki's 'death' at the end of Koi?

OPM

Don't forget the Chuuni shitstorm because of Shinka not lusting for MC's dick

ITT: newfags trying to fit in

>No Boatserk
>No SPOOKY BOOGIE

Negima's ending.

"O my rubber nen" comes to mind, though I guess it was fairly minor.

Haruhi is on there.

Seconding this, Aku no Potato was the most recent big shitstorm aside from SamFlam.

Kyon-kun Denwa should definitely be on there.

Jojo should be somewhere

This is what you get with decentralized threads. It's funny how people haven't made any countermeasures to prevent this from happening again.

Why? There were no Sup Forums-centric shitstorms or anything similar surrounding JoJo.
This is not a "popular anime" chart.

>wanting to prevent shistorms like that from happening
I hate to be the one who says this, but do you hate fun?

I think we were all on the same page but what about the glorious week when the Bort spinoff made it seem like Salad was Kirin and Sasuke's daughter

Guillotine Gorilla at least was a quality shitstorm thread.

In fact, Samurai Flamenco threads were kinda notorious for the relative lack of shitposting, if I'm not wearing rose-tinted glasses.

I didn't watch it because I never played DR2 and only watched dr1 anime.

Because Guillotine Gorilla was a massive filter. 90% of people watching FamFlam dropped it at that point. The fanbase continued to dwindle, and there weren't even enough people keeping up with it to warrant shitposters bothering the threads.
The only people in the threads were the ones who were still willing to see where the show was going. There was no point in shitposting about the ridiculous, dumb, and boring stuff the show did from that point on because everyone left had accepted those aspects.

The only thing after GG that I'd call boring was the episode (or half of an episode? Can't remember) where they played all the standard-sentai-episode tropes apparently straight - apparently in that they weren't actually played straight, but rather subtly untwisted.

>Free! announcement
>bottom of the barrel
Get out, newfag

>K-ON above Lucky Star
>When Lucky Star ep 1 single handedly divided the board in two and it never recovered.
K-ON was more popular but Lucky Star had a bigger impact.

>You can punch Accelerator by pulling back your hand at the right moment

The episode or two of super sentai was definitely boring, I also remember being very bored by From Beyond and Beyond Flamenco.
For me at least, each arc (post-GG) began as being amusing on the merits of how crazy it was, dipped to being mind-numbingly uninteresting in the middle, but always reaching amazing highs in its finale.

>tfw that silhouette crudely filled in with Sousuke

So what is the hottest anime on Sup Forums right now?

Of the season? Maybe saekano since it's the only one with threads that reach limit.

Eromanga-sensei

If you don't count shitposting, I'd say Shingeki no Bahamut S2, but it's very hard to not count shitposting.

>no Gundam SEED Destiny when it literally gave birth to a new board
You can knock TTGL and Madoka down.

nice blog.

no, I hate having more interesting threads get archived due to spam in the other threads.