Thanks for spoilers, asshole

I did.

I'm CIA

Pen-Pen

Misato

Someone hasn't finished Evangelion yet.

Misato

>inb4 it's a 20 years old show
>inb4 you should watch every single show, book, manga, and film ever released before using the internet

Yui

Shinji. He's the densest of all and yet knew all about it without anybody saying a thing.

NERV

Watermelons

His awesomeness.

Hubris

Homura

the jews

Kaji's mysterious death and infamous theory about the ones who killed him (watermelons) was a part of anime board culture in the past. But of course you're a newfag and wouldn't know that.

>implying you shouldn't

He's right, you know.

>he hasn't watched the most entry level anime of all time

The watermelons were poisoned with lilith's piss. He died as a result. Nobody needed to shoot him.

>these are your fellow Sup Forumsnons

This is not wrong, you know.

I shouted out,
Who killed the Kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me

This bait is delicious and isn't even on a hook.

I doubt it was Misato but it would've been pretty hardcore if it was her.

>Sup Forums sees Jewish ties in a series that has nothing to do with Judaism

>a series that has nothing to do with Judaism

So Sup Forums, how deep have you gone?

this

Most of the stuff at the bottom is pretty normalfag tier.

>Sup Forums sees Jewish ties in a series that has nothing to do with Judaism

Christianity is a Jewish sect.

Besides the crosses that dont actually do anything in the plot, there is actually nearly no christianity in the series. Its all around jewish story.

Hint: he didn't appear in 3.0 and who ruined the show?

Im deep.

Little bit from all of them. Is there a place to explain some of the not ridiculous ones?

I'm not even a Sup Forumstard but the series actually has a lot to do with judaism

The kabbalah, the names of the angels, are all in some way connected to the jewish faith

I really really felt that it was Misato when I first watched the series.

>nothing to do with Judaism

The entire mythology is based on Judaism.

As did I.

Originally, it was supposed to be risuko

Based off a esoteric mystical sect of Judaism that many orthodox today would consider heretical, yeah sure

There are prerequisites to complete before watching your moe SoL

That's still Judaism.

Sup Forums, but I don't think I agree with "Instrumentality is good." I mean, EVA is a sci-fi thing, but the problem with the idea of instrumentality in the real world is that it's not possible in the first place in the same way that we can't dick around with our own AT fields. And "Post-3rd Impact = New Garden of Eden" feels way, way too obvious for it to be as low as it is.

EXPLAIN KAJI TO ME

WHY WAS ANNO SHILLING HIM AS COOLEST GUY EVER

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE POINT OF HIM BEING THERE

WHAT WAS HE HOPING TO ACCOMPLISH

>I haven't watched the most popular and influential anime ever
>it's still talked about daily despite being 22 years old
Nobody demands you to see it, although it really should be up at the top of your priorities if getting into anime.
The core problem here is that you're being a whiny little bitch about getting spoiled on it, even though you should expect nothing less for a story of that stature.

It was best when it was Misato, and the directing really implied that it was her. I prefer to ignore Anno's out-of-show comment that it wasn't Misato, but if you do believe him, then it was just a random faceless Nerve/SEELE agent.

>ignorant idiots who know nothing about jews are the first to jump to their defense
>defense against lighthearted jokes that have been around for decades
Typical.

He wanted knowledge. He wanted to know what the fuck was going on, and died for it.

This. Source: I'm a kyke.

I dont really understand what the fuck was going on annos head at the moment.
The direction really points to that, but the writing imply she doesnt really know what happened to him.

It was you and me, user

>thinking there's a better girl

>low quality, low budget non-sense series with a bunch of references to look smart
Literally the MLP of anime.

Ok, I'm curious about
>Geometry

Most likely just a joke about ramiel, it is the very last one and has no context.

>ramiel
Is cute! Cute!

I've heard of AT Field = Autism before but I don't believe it. Does that put me at that level or not?

but doesn't the manga prove that mari and shinji's mother aren't the same person?

>Manga
I consider it less canon than the rebuilds, and i dont even consider the rebuilds canon at all.

Pedobear for not touching aszuka

we were discussing the real identity of mari, a character that only exists in the rebuilds and the manga. so what you say doesn't make sense in this context

Ok, sure. Im not saying that mari is yui or anything like that, but given that sadamoto writting is a little off in the manga, and that mari character looks like she was rewritten multiple times in the rebuilds, i would say its safe to assume manga mari and rebuild mari are 2 different entities, and should be treated like so.

If anno goes full retard in the rebuilds and make anything about her character that goes completely against the manga story, i wont mind it, will just treat as i treat anything other than the anime and EoE: an alternate reality spin off.

>Shinji = Gendo
>Rei = Ritsuko
>Asuka = Misato
I never got this, does this imply that they are alternate versions of eachother? Or some time mcfuckery shit is going on?

some bitch kept stealing his watermelons

Im not entirelly sure if this image should be taken seriously or not, so i will give a "serious" explanation and a retarded one.
Either
>They reflect each other a lot (i think it is valid in shinji/gendo and asuka/misato case. Rei and Rits is more complex, there is some conflict for gendos affection, specially from rits).
Or
>Its some really messed up case of 3 "Tyler Durdens" insanity manifesting at the same time

The DNC

The viewer

>Every character in fiction who has died, has died for our amusement alone
Deep

I was going for a more Schrodinger's cat kind of thing. By witnessing and confirming his death, we the viewer have essentially killed him.

More important than who killed him, is can he come back? Both asuka died before the instrumentality, and yet she took part in it, and returned to life with both arms working, even. The difference is that kaji died about 10 days before instrumentality, while asuka died a few minutes before.
However, kaji did show up shortly in the TV instrumentality.

Can he pop back to life?

You're right.

Misato may or may not have pulled the trigger, but she knew he was getting killed either way.

you probably should though

Ian Grimwood killed Lloyd's brother, Arios is a red herring.

>Screams geometrically

>most entry level anime of all time

come on now user

If you had a friend who said 'gee I need a starting spot with anime to get a feel for it'

Youre going to show them fucking Eva?

CONGRATULATIONS

I don't see what's so odd about that, lots of people got into anime through Eva.

> lots of people got into anime through Eva.

Im not saying youre wrong, but I certainly rarely if ever see this.

A lot of people get into anime with Adult Swim tier standbys. Bebop, Champloo, Big O, Gundam series, DBZ, Inuyasha etc. Id even say Gurren Lagan, Code Geass would be better mecha entries.

Eva wouldnt really grab you if you didnt know anime tropes, or were expecting the dreary and complex relationships of the characters. Plus the ending would give no resolution to a brand new viewer. I would certainly not give Eva as babbys first anime. How many other animes have shit like
that can apply, with series of youtube explanation videos and blogs on the topic?

The truth is that Evangelion isn't deep at all and the guy who wrote it didn't think anything through.

Art, once created, is in the hands of the audience user.

Not him, but to be fair, eva is pretty much an exception among anime and a much denser "meal" to digest than other stuff.

Eva aired on Toonami too, and it's one of the most popular series of all time.
I don't agree with that. It's well directed and written, but it's not that unique.

Yes and Citizen Kane is one of the most popular movies of all time, but its not the first movie I would show to someone trying to get into film.

Just saying. Its a bit different for many peoples tastes, and it would be very odd going from Eva to any other entry-level anime, especially non-nineties.

Anything that exists need to be evaluated by what it is. Assuming that anno just created eva without any thought (which he didnt), it still great.

Im not forcing you to like it, perhaps the genre isnt for you, there is nothing wrong with it, you cant like eveything, but just going around the internet talking shit about things without an argument makes you laughably pathetic.

Wow user, you really showed me how much of an idiot you are.

Friendly reminder that spoilers in no way impact your emotional connection with a story negatively. If a turning point in a story is pulled off well, it will hit you hard without having to rely on shock value. The reason you feel bad after you're told about an important story event is because you think that you've lost the opportunity to feel the way you would've if you didn't know it. But if you go in with an open mind and the story is actually good, you'll feel the same way regardless.

Refutation: uses quotes
>Wow user, you really showed me how much of an idiot you are.

Pretty much this. Also there is not a single spoiler that can really spoil Eva up. There is WAY too much shit going on, and unless you read a fucking dissertation about the story, there will always be surprises.

Ramiel was hiding all along and drilled Kaji's smug asshole.

The jews

People already said that.

Just like us, getting through all that explanations in the supplementary material and the games killed all the mistery

>tfw it's just the story of some alien eggs and their autism when one arrives at the same planet as another and then the first one spergs out when humans, the offspring of the other egg, take his fork

Asuka

True, you need to have watched at least Azumanga, Cromartie, Lucky Star and Hidamari Sketch, and see the progression and the evolution of the genre ever since its inception.

By the way user, what was the required watching before Azumanga? Fell asleep during that class.