Mayumi IF

Just wondering if this is part of the canon or an 'if' route like Re-zero took.
If its anything like re-zero then its likely Mayumi is set to lose, although i thought they'd release something like this after the story? Also seems off for them to do it since the shipping is a major part of the story so why jeopardize it?

Just wondering what the hell this is. I'm guessing that its like 'SS' and the 'Lina' special novels and just goes into a special canon side story related to the character (leo, Erika, Lina) but not the actual story.

>if this is part of the canon or an 'if' route like Re-zero took
Who knows really. I've always thought that "if" routes were for characters that lost/will lose in main story, but Rem supposedly may win in main story too, so it probably depends on what author wants.
Also, we already had this thread yesterday.

Translations?Just saw the thread in the archive and saw that it's and IF she was chosen for that Idol project. Is it even a LN?

We need more info. If this is a Mayumi IF story then there are several members in my group who would be interested in TLing it.

Can you at least translate the text on this pic?

There's nothing of interest in the pic, I've already looked.
3rd week bonus. Release date.
Second short story novel.
Illustrations by Kana Ishida.

They seemed to have some additional info on yaraon, but it's vague at best. They're saying this is a Miyuki idol IF-setting, not a Mayumi one.
Which begs the question of why Mayumi is on the cover.

Probably because Miyuki is pretty much the poster girl for movie. I guess it's just a little treat for Mayumi fans.

Will be getting it regardless.

Is it related to this?

Thanks.

Could be. Where is this from?

Will you be scanning it?
I've got some people in my group who are VERY eager to get their hands on it.
If we got it we'd be able to get it done fairly quickly.

Yes. Will contact your group once my copy arrives.

Not sure, something that surfaced on the internet over a year ago.

Contact me on discord. I'd like to discuss this with you.

Wasn't planning on scanning it for everyone by the way, if someone wants it to translate fine, but otherwise not bothering with it.

That's fine, I just want to discuss some things.

Did the Lina short story ever get translated?

No raws anywhere.

We have a provider who will scan it.

There is no way Rem is going to "win" in re:zero. Anyone who says that is delusional.
At best she can get a threesome ending.

I don't know user, I didn't read the LNs. I'm just repeating what I've seen in non-Re;Zero threads. Anons were saying how much Subaru cares more about Rem despite her being in coma etc and how he confessed to her.
But threesome ending would be absolutely amazing.

Great to hear.

The Lina SS is about her as a child and what motivated her to join the USNA. No idea about this Mayumi one. At this point it's pretty obvious she is going to lose, there's been no development in their relationship since V17 when Tatsuya turned down Mari's request.

Where there is an umbrella there is a way!

I agree that there's been nothing on Mayumi since vol 17, but also, there hasn't been much progress in the relationship with Miyuki either. She calls her tatsuya in private, but still cant kiss her in his sleep, andTatsuya still dosn't see her as a woman and Mayumi is, so far, the only one he's admitted to fell sexually attracted to.

When it comes to love, i bet the author is intentionally stalling any developments to focus on the political/militaristic side of the story. Only Honokas attempts got any screen time (for one volume) and it seemed more like fan service than development.

All Mayumi has for the moment is being worried about Tatsuya isolating himself because of the 'Idol' project and wanting to do something about it. That and the rumors of her and Jumonji being engaged but both of them don't admit they're rumors and Mayumi really dosn't like them.

Just have to wait.

>Mayumi and Jumonji both admit they're just rumors and neither like them.

Nice to see the umbrella collage rather than the typical incest bicycle one that gets posted on here all the time. It's not over until it's over. Mayumi would look horrible with Juumonji, it's been repeated several times that they are just friends and there's never been anything between them to show otherwise. Miyuki has made no progress with onii-sama, trying to kiss him isn't new. The author dedicated 1/3 of a book to Ichijou's feelings for Miyuki so there's also that.

Rem's in a coma?

IIRC her existence was eaten or something so she's in coma and nobody except Subaru remembers her. It should've been put in anime after the last scene.

Canon or not she's still best girl

I don't see Tatsuya going anywhere beside being near Miyuki. The author wants to keep the status quo between the two because the light novel ain't a romance novel and he or probably Miki who appears to be known from wanted to causes shipping wars for sake of ranking in money, despite the obvious pairing wants to milk out money from as much shippers as possible until he feels that it is enough doing so.

If he will continue past high school, he'll continue with the shipping wars.

user, I will need you to tell me your contact info (email, discord, etc). The store you're buying from and when you expect to have it.
"I'll send you the scans" is too vague for us. I need guarantees, the scans will not be on sale for long and in a few days when it's sold out prices will spike.

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

So why did the translations die again?

I doubt the author gives a crap about the shipping stuff. He just follows what Miki tells him do and the same with the fan-service in this series in which the author admitted he was bad at doing in one of the manga adaptions for this series. In which he praised the manga artist for being able do it well since he wasn't good at it.

DMCA happened at baka-tsuki in regards to this series and translators got afraid of getting caught by it. So they just stop translating it like what you see happens to other series that get hit by that on baka-tsuki. Although some translators still continue translate it on their own blog anyway for some series, although that is very rare for that happened.

Not him but these aren't available to buy in a store. They are given out to those who see the movie as promotionals. Lina SS was 1st week of showing, 2nd week was 3 movie cards and 3rd week beginning on July 1 is the Mayumi IF SS.

I know where to get them. I need proof that this guy is not a phoney. I have a day, maybe two at most, before I need to act.

For someone who is bad at fanservice, Mahouka has enough of it. Just look at the Minami walking in on Tatsuya shirtless scene.

Then why don't you get them yourself?

Miki is the dude that usually pushes for fan-service in his series anyway. I doubt he gonna to denied Miki when he helps him make money.

Hard times. Pinching pennies and saving up where I can. I was planning to buy it before that user said he would, but if I can avoid spending money, I'd prefer that.

Kazuma Miki left Kadokawa March of last year. Not sure who is the current editor.

I need a reply, user.