Let's talk about Delinquents, Sup Forums

Let's talk about Delinquents, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

sakurafile.com/7jvi4jk6y4bs/Rokudenashi_Blues_v01-10.zip
sakurafile.com/szfe3bqcblx5/Rokudenashi_Blues_v11-20.zip
sakurafile.com/bznf1r7vnfjr/Rokudenashi_Blues_v21-30.zip
sakurafile.com/8ziqu68gay50/Rokudenashi_Blues_v31-40.zip
sakurafile.com/0hqrypf7w2jp/Rokudenashi_Blues_v41-42e.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Kongou Banchou
>Low teir
I sure as fuck don't hope you made this shit list OP

Flying Witch is great.

I took it from another thread. I think Clover doesn't deserve upper tier, expecially when compared to Rainbow.

>Kongou Banchou

Is there a way to make you share the psd file? I really like that layout and might want to make a similar list for something like mecha but I know I wouldnt bother if I had to pull up the layup all by myself.

I've forced myself to read Hareluya II Boy recently and it's not that bad actually, pretty funny at times and I like the way in which they break the 4th wall at times. It just drags on a lot.

Looking forward to more BAD BOYS though. Shit looks like it's going to be great.

Not as good as Sakigake Otokojuku desu.

BAD BOYS gets pretty good. The OVA's are a good sign of that. There's gonna be consistent releases for BAD BOYS so look forward to that.

A-Bout is interesting. I'm still looking for someone to edit it for me.

I wouldn't recommend this layout personally, is overly big and wastes a lot of space. Sure is time consuming but a better layout could really make for a good chart.

Annoying to hunt down those early scanlation groups that already disbanded.

This list is poorly put together. I really don't get what the guy was thinking when he made this.
I mean, it seems to heavily root on the amount of "idealized" delinquency present in the manga, but not as much how good the work really is.
Top tier is almost all comedy, upper tier is very little. Then you consider Worst, Worst Gaiden are middle tier. I'm still in the middle of Worst but it seems like the same generic formula all the way through like the others ???
Holyland is deserving of upper tier if only by comparing it to the others in the spot.
A-Bout and Gang king seem to be stuff this guy likes but are middle tier anyway.

idk man seems like a mess

How many titles on the chart have you read?

Be-Bop High, Cromartie, Bakuon Rettou, Hot Road, Buraiden Gai, Kiku, Fly, Daddy, Fly, Rainbow, 17 Sai., are anything but idealized. If anything, most of the top stuff turns away from that idealized and cliche stuff.

>Rokudenashi Blues scanlation is dead
>again
Is someone willing to continue it? I can help

If it is and you have good raws and are willing to edit it then I'll translate it. I've read it all already.

>no Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
SHIT TASTE

How does this compare with Bad Boys? Wasn't it also pretty damn popular?

>implying yankee-kun is good

I'd say you can argue about all of the list apart from that in Top Tier. Those really are the best yankii Manga around. Only possibly Bad Boys might find its way up their depending on how it goes.

Rainbow is my favorite one so far. Haven't kept up with it lately cuz the link got lost somewhere in my endless Bookmark list.

Missing Wolf Guy

SCANLATIONS WHEN.

I bet this shit is great. That and Yankii of the Dead.

So what's the story behind Nyankiis? Do yankiis transform into cats or is it about yankiis with yankii cats?

hmm I suppose there's a certain degree of delinquency similar to classic delinquent groups. There could be a nice spot for it on the lower or bottom tier.

Cats doing cat things but portrayed as yankiis.

Is the Rainbow adaptation good?

I haven't read it yet but everytime I talk to my co-workers about old manga they bring it up a lot. I can only assume its good.
Nobody complains about the rankings on the Top Tier. Goes to show how good they are.

Rookies is better than Rokudenashi, even though it's more of a sports manga.

I think Rokudenashi is idealized because more than half of it is left untranslated. I've read both raw and Rookies hits the emotional highs so much better.

You do have a point but Rokudenashi's highs are pretty good as well. I think Wajima's speech was better than a lot of the emotional highs in Rookies.

Spoilers: I've never felt such a shock then when Taison got fucked up by Kasai.
Rookies can't even compare to that.

Yankii of the Dead is fucking weird. I read the sample chapter and wasn't exactly enthralled.

Yeah but why is there a dude on the cover is what confuses me.

>
> co-workers about old manga they bring it up a lot.
Where the hell do you work man.

I'm not sure which is better until RokuBlues is completed but a thing with Rookies is that it drags on for like 4 or so total baseball matches in the entire manga (which is very long). Whereas Rokudenashi Blues is much more dynamic, has different arcs and whatnot which keeps it fresh.

The only raws i can find are from shitty french editions.
Fuck my life.

The dude on the cover is the yankee form of the main character cat.

Don't let this chance slip by, we need to make this happen now. I just found out bzland got killed so I can't find any raws but I'll keep looking

Yeah but then how does the story work? Like does he actually appear in the manga as a person or is it all just cats? And if it's all just cats then why is there a person in the cover?

Sasuga user.
I'm willing to learn how to edit raws just for this.

Rookies is a short manga, and similar to something like Touch, in that the point wasn't baseball. Baseball was just a vehicle to tell character stories. Each one had significance; they didn't need to make the games shorter or add more, else it would have detracted from those character arcs.

Anyways, Beshari-Gurashi should be the holy grail - yet it's something that will likely never be scanlated or even talked about besides as a footnote of Masanori Morita stories.

Is that why the translations I've seen are so trash?

I mean, there is always this site called Google.

Well, If you do manage to find some good raws then just contact me on the delinquentscans site.

>beshari gurashi
I did one chapter of it. It will never get scanlated.... Translating jokes is tough.

The majority of everything Morita's made hasn't been translated yet, which is honestly a shame

They are cats and do cat stuff, and can speak with fellow cats, but not to normal humans. The rules-stickler banchō Tiger tells the main character Shooting Star that interacting with humans is forbidden (of course Shooting Star puts on a cutesy act to score free food from women at the park). Sometimes, like during a fight scene, all the cats are shown as human delinquents.

user delivers
sakurafile.com/7jvi4jk6y4bs/Rokudenashi_Blues_v01-10.zip
sakurafile.com/szfe3bqcblx5/Rokudenashi_Blues_v11-20.zip
sakurafile.com/bznf1r7vnfjr/Rokudenashi_Blues_v21-30.zip
sakurafile.com/8ziqu68gay50/Rokudenashi_Blues_v31-40.zip
sakurafile.com/0hqrypf7w2jp/Rokudenashi_Blues_v41-42e.zip

god bless this user and his children.

You're a fucking hero

WithHareluya II Boy once you've read 1 manga by him you've read them all basically. It has its hype moments though; when you accept the formula and just ride with it. Just starting every single arc waiting for that one sweet moment when the bad guys will realize how ridiculously incredible and otherworldly Hareluya is.

If anyone wants to edit it let me know at delinqanon@gmail(Dot)com

Holy shit, will I be able to see a scanslation of RokuBlues in my lifetime???

Y'all are heroes.

Be sure to post in the Scanalation thread if there's any progress translation-wise in the series. I was considering just sniping it a while back, before some more chapters were released.

I was thinking the same a while back too. If someone contacts me, I'll post it somewhere.

Y'all complaining about the tiers in this chart even though the author said it was subjective.... But you have to admit this is one of the most through lists of delinquent manga that exists. It even has non scanlated titles

I looked at the Raws of Nanba MG5 and its sequel and I think that series is amazing.

*Clover translator here*

YES IT DOES! I like Rainbow too but I never saw it as a delinquent series. That's just based on the anime though.

I really hope something comes of this RokuBlues discussion in this thread. If it does, thanks.

Rainbow is good as fuck but the guy is right, it's not the same culture as the list is targeting. Clover is fantastic anyhow. I think I like it more than Crows.

I started off thinking I liked Clover more but on reading it again, I think Crows might be the GOAT delinquent Manga. For many reasons.

Crows goat

Rainbow is about OG post war delinquents. That's how it all began.

Hopefully someone shows up.

is there a female delinquent version of this chart

The chart includes Sukeban stuff in it. Not loads but some.

I doubt there are any better than Hot Road desu.

who

I just don't like Bouya at all. He's the most generic type of delinquent. That's why I like Worst way more, because even though Hana's very much a Goku/Luffy/happy-go-lucky type of character, that's not the standard for delinquent main characters. Everything with Zetton's generation is great, but that means I only really like the back third of Crows, compared to pretty much all of Worst. I like the gang politics over the fighting aspect, and Worst has way more of that than Crows does.

You know what, Wajima's emotional speech is in 2 chapters... I'm gonna scanlate it now.

Gonna dump as I work on it

Is there anything scanlated on this list as comfy as Gokusen? The mangakas new work lacks any charm

Redrawing Morita's work is tough...

Anyways, How do people feel about honorifics (adding -san to the end of names). I usually omit them but the guy doing this before used them.

I like honorifics

>RokuBlues scans are already happening
Gureito daze.

Seems like new Clover and new Be-Bop High School chapters have been scanlated just now as well.

I think the reason why I think Crows is the best yankii manga is because characters are more relatable. Having gone to a shithole of a school when I was younger, you would have never found anyone like Hana. Whereas people thinking like Bouya (I'm the best/I don't want any grief/I don't want to think about the future etc) where way more commonplace. They were the kind of people who got into fights because they don't know any other way to communicate. I like that kind of character, same with Nakama and Kato from BBH (who I think are the ideal yankii MCs).

I think the thing Crows (and Worst desu) does fantastically is that they focus only on the here and now. The future isn't worth thinking about because some of these kids unfortunately don't have a future, and whatever happened in the past can't be changed. There's only the present and that's the only thing you can do anything about. You always get the feeling reading it that aftter this arc/fight/story is over, we have no idea what's going to happen to any of these kids. And that's the case in real life most of the time as well.

>Kyou Kara Ore Wa and Crows top tier

the man got something right at least, although it's a bit of a mess.Recommended reading outside top tier is Holyland but you all knew that. I didn't even enjoy it that much b/c reading it is super emo but it's good and all that I guessssssssssssssssssss. Kyou Kara Ore Wa! has formulaic arc structure but it's one of the few manga I've actually laughed out loud several time whilst reading it, and would be in my top 5 favourite manga If I was a lists person.

For me I'd say the overall best manga on the list are a tie between Bakuon Rettou and Be-Bop High School.

My favourite manga in anything outside to top tier are Kiku, Hot Road and Angel Densetsu.

I think I would actually kill people for scanlations of Ai to Makoto, Otokogumi and Shonan Bakusozoku but it will never happen. At least we have BAD BOYS now and hopefully for the forseeablefuture.

Depressed face Maeda is best

New Ocha Nigosu chapters never

It's even more stupid because it's nearly done as well isn't it.

Haa your passion for delinquent manga knows no bounds TLanon.

Shibatora comes close.

>kiku so high
>aoi haru so low

Mafuyu is the best delinquent girl.

Also end of chapter. I'm gonna do the next one now because it's Wajima's speech which is a huge turning point in the series.

I translated Kiku and even I don't think it's great. Easily Hiroshi's worst delinquent series. I did it mostly for completion's sake, to be able to say I'd worked on everything he's done.

Shibatora isn't comfy at all, it deals with some fucked up shit all the way throughout the manga and the ending is pretty heavy (if not slightly stupid at the same time).

Kiku is amazing though. If you only had one volume to summarise everything about delinquent manga then Kiku would be it.

Blue Spring is a bit too abstract for me at times, although it's very entertaining. I still haven't watched the live action movie for it yet.

It's probably my favourite or joint favourite (with Crows) thing by him.

Bro are you going to upload these RokuBlues chapters to your blog like with Bakuon Rettou and Bad Boys?

Yes.