One Piece is shit compared to HunterxHunter

One Piece is shit compared to HunterxHunter

It baffles the hell out of me that One Piece outsells everything.

Truly boggles the mind. It is probably because of uts appeal to children with its retarded art

HxH is not mature enough to be seinen
but it's not entertaining enough to be big in the shounen world either

so it's kinda fucked either way

Like, I could understand it being popular and all but ALWAYS being at the top and even outselling shit like Pokemon is just crazy.

Hunter x Hunter is the closest non seinen manga to look seinen. Hell, it's darker than Tokyo Edge.

I like HxH because it's so dark and mature, just like me.

>old school DB: pirate edition
>surprised it would be popular

reminder that your moeshit will NEVER be as good as one piece

Water 7/Eneis lobby as an arc is better than the entirety of hunter x hunter

Oh? My rubber nen?

>HunterxHunter is shit compared to literally anything else
FTFY

O MY GOMU GOMU NEN

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

YO HO HO IT HAS PROPERTIES OF BOTH RUBBER AND GUM

>it's a HxH fans talk more about One Piece than their own series because of how boring the discussions always end up being thread

it always end with O MY RUBBERY NEN shitposting, endless arguing about Pitou she's an ant, she's a he, he's a she, she's an it, and endless bickering about "this is an asspull!" "no it's not!"

It's no question why One Piece is more popular than HxH

One Piece is just more accessible, it's accessibility incarnate. It knows its audience, has complete focus on what it is, the writing is simple but tightly managed, world, lore, and powers are easy to understand, it makes sure you know who you are rooting for, what the series is about, and why you should enjoy it and it delivers

HxH is good but is inaccessible as fuck, quality of arcs wax and wane constantly and so does the artwork, at times you root for the "villains" more than the heroes, lot of exposition dumps to explain every system that comes up, tone goes from happy and light-hearted to dark and realistic (kinda the point but still), you don't really get to the subversive dark elements until the third arc, most information from one arc tends not to transfer to the other, and the hiatuses just in case you want to still stick by.

one day there might be a series that would kick One Piece off its throne, HxH won't be one of them.

>870 chapters
>accessible

Highly. Fat and easy read and entertaining. Like a bag of chips. Not the best thing for you, but you can put away half of it before you even realize you're hungry.

idk howt you guys are going to reactc when this get back to hiatus

>violence
>mature
lul, pls be joking, it's a generic shounen down to the t, tournament arc, nonsensical 1v1s for each character, super generic "powers", kid protagonist.
blah

it does everything one piece and dragon ball does, also shounen just means it's in a shounen magazine, not some kind of genre. BUT hxh does everything you see in every other shounen.

You were suppose to side with Meruem over Netero, right?

aint dat da troof

The major reason is actually that One Piece comes out consistently.
Same reason Venture Bros. isn't as popular as Rick and Morty.

popular != good you mongrel

The author actually draws.

This. Naruto was popular as fuck. Far more popular than Berserk. However, only a dumb fuck would say it's better than Berserk.

but one piece is popular AND good

just can't stop winning holy shit

It's not good anymore, at least compared to preskip. A lot of people are only reading it because they've invested so much time in it, or want to get certain questions answered, or see certain characters. Myself included. Tbh, I can't stand the shit I read from it, but I stomach through because I want to know about the void century and see Shanks.

One Piece is consistently good but I'd consider it dumb fun without too many layers of depth. HunterXHunter varies wildly in quality. The subversive aspects are pretty great but then shit like Greed Island happens. Arguing about which is better is kind of pointless because people will tear down the other series to support their own series more? It's kinda dumb

I guess you forgot about Fishman Island and Dressrosa.

Fishman Island's flashbacks were pretty good and the theme of inherited racism was interesting, if a little poorly handled. And while Dressrosa was overly long, Corazon, Usopp, and Gear Fourth were great. I'm not saying it's an immaculate series but the lows aren't that low. Whole Cake Island has been fantastic so far.

Am I the only one who like Dressrosa best?

Been around long enough and genuinely seems to be an alright Shonen series that doesn't take itself too seriously and knows what it's trying to be.

It's a perfect Saturday morning cartoon type of show.

>outselling shit like Pokemon

Like, in overall merch, manga or anime sales?

Merch I can't see how that's possible.

Manga is easy to understand and the Pokemon anime has broken people's hearts too many times for them to give a fuck.

O

MY

People treat it as the worst thing to happen to One Piece but honestly I love the setting, Doffy, the Sabo reveal and the new fleet

That's funny. Let me know when HxH beats Yu Yu Hakusho, then you're allowed to make bold claims.

I find so funny to pronunce O, MY RUBBER NEN