Why is this shit praised so much? Is it because capeshitters are retarded?

Why is this shit praised so much? Is it because capeshitters are retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=km2OPUctni4
youtube.com/watch?v=vd9BZ51NvZo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good thread op

opm is good

opm is good parody, boku hero is shit

Turns out people like colorful shit that can actually be interesting and well constructed, and have interesting characters people connect to and want to see more of, on top of having pretty good production quality and sound design as well, independently of their genre or what they depict from their cover. Fucking crazy right? Fuck that, Umaru-chan S2 when?

its fun

Opm is actually pretty good and bokuhero its just retards being retards, its manga is much better

We heard you the first time OPMfag

does it feel good to be a contrarian, OP?

Umaru has more personality than any character from the aforementioned shows.
Though, not really because of writing. SoL's develop characters instead of padding episodes with mediocre action scenes like the majority of plotshit

Wanpan is so fucking shit though, it's not even funny. The humor and gimmick were interesting at first, but the longer the series goes on, the less humorous it gets. Saitama being a lazy fuck isn't funny anymore, it's just aggravating.

opm is a shitty dbz with capeshit slapped on it.
>muh power levels(rankings)
>muh goku comes in at the LAAAST MIINUTE and BAAD GUUYS BTFO

>contrarian

hi leddit spic
nurutu>>>bnha

Because America made superhero series relevant.

Gotta thank Marvel for that.

Both OPM and BNHA could work in live action movies.

Look at the WW movie, one of the best hero movies ever.

>8 PM
>end of june
>OP was a faggot as usual

Because people like shit about super powers. Deal with it faggot.

>r e d d i t spacing
>likes capeshit

sasuga capeshit retards

OPM is terrible and overhyped for no reason.

BNHA has potential but the MC still can't use his powers and it's taking forever for anything to happen.

>claimed to hear some text
you need help

wow sage what a sage baitastic thread sage
also, saged sage

>proceeds to reddit space in his own post
I don't think you should be calling others retards.

you don't know what reddit spacing means retarded redditor.

How do you know what reddit spacing is? Something you're not telling us, user?

Because believe it or not, most children's first dream was to be a hero that could save the weak and down trodden. After watching my dad beat my family for so long as a child, I wanted to be as strong as Spider-Man, and go around saving people from domestic violence and abuse. Some of us still dream of being a hero. Enjoy your bleak outlook on life. Hey, atleast you have moeshit :^)

>having to go on reddit to be able to identify redditors
can you get more retarded?

so you're as retarded now as when you were a child? I liked dbz back when I was a child too, doesn't mean I can't see how shit is now.

One Punch Man's action is amazing. I couldn't understand why anyone praises the like of FMA Brotherhood so much when action shows with fights like this are a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=km2OPUctni4

>SoL
>develop characters
Choose one

No plotholes
No moeshit
No edgyness

most SoL anime focus more on simply showcasing characters rather than develop them like a plot driven anime.
No plot means no developments, idiot.

agreed, the storytelling was more effective in FMA 2003. FMAB didn't have any atmosphere and played out way too shonen.

SoL is more characters learning about themselves.

one is a typical shonen
the other is a parody of shonen
pretty much neither have real capeshit going on

Manga capeshit is much preferable to DC and Marvel capeshit.

Kinnikuman is pretty good

Normies get excited by decently animated action

Surprised Ratman never happened

Hero is just very well produced, but its not groundbreaking in anyway. It takes what already works and does it very well.

I think anime and horror movies are similar in that hardcore fans adore a lot of the tropes and cliches, but there is a lot of trash, so when its done well its refreshing even if its not bringing anything new to the table.

OPM is good fun but Hero Academia is just a standard Shonen with a capeshit coat of paint

Isnt BNHA a corrected version of Naruto heavily disguised with another setting and better girls?

Yes.
It's probably so popular in the west because even though its Naruto in disguise, it looks like Marvel, and liking Naruto is the basementdweller type of nerdy while Marvel is the socially acceptable kind

Academia is fucking trash. OPM is kinda funny though, as it's intended to be, therefore making it good.

Is it really popular here? I've been under a rock and just watched it this weekend.

>Acadamia is trash
>but opm is kinds funny
jaded taste and one punch man was never funny

Get a load of this pussy ass weeb

Naruto at its worst is still better than Capeshit Academia.

Early Naruto is miles better than where the anime is currently at.

I'll never understand why people would ever think OPM is funny; that should be the point so it's total shit.
BnHA is just Naruto with capeshit. If you are into that stuff, you can even enjoy it.

>Japan starts making capeshit
>America starts making haremshit

Best timeline?

>Why is this shit praised so much?
Because western capeshit heroes have devolved into unlikable cunts that Japan's take on capeshit seems refreshing from that.

The parallels are pretty obvious, so I wouldn't say it's 'heavily disguised'. But it definitely is Naruto done right to the point it's nothing like Naruto at all. It makes me wonder if Horikoshi studied Kishimoto's art and deliberately came up with something that improved upon it in every way, or was it more of a subconscious process.

>ITT why do people like things I don't like?

got cancelled so the ending feels rushed

I ironically enjoy them

>>America starts making haremshit
since when? What shows?

I unironically enjoy them.

Star Vs. The Forces of Evil

Not anime, but basically the main character has four different girls after his dick by the end of the second season and it's the same idea where a magical girl just starts living with the male lead for no real good reason. There's a main couple, but unlike Nip shit they actually make the main girl the most likable the the SoL and comedy elements are actually funny and entertaining and manages to maintain a serial plot that's interesting as well.

It's basically America does harem anime, and they do it right by not making it cringy as fuck. I'd recommend it.

the artstyle ruins it
what is haremshit without cute girls? a waste thats what it is

That's fanart, the animation is actually crazy good. It's made by Disney people. Give it the first episode.

I realize now that I recognize that blonde
she was being posted everywhere a while back

That's Star and she's the best thing about the show. It's unironically good seriously. Season 3 is starting in two weeks so if you got onboard now you get to watch the movie when it premieres.

I will give it a try
by streaming it because the only torrent sites I know are only for anime

Piratebay had a pretty active torrent last I checked that had them in 1080p

What age group is it marketed to?

you know I never thought about using this for anything other than movies and games

That is the worst thing you could have posted while trying to convince someone that the animation is good

Teenagers-young adults

Main character knows karate and fights monsters while the girl has a magic wand. It's a fantasy/adventure/action thing with a lot of shipping elements.
I don't have any webms just got into it too, but just imagine the framerate is twice as good. Watching the opening gives you a since of the motion.
youtube.com/watch?v=vd9BZ51NvZo

I mean it is super obvious that Hori studied Naruto when he planned BnH. However I think he focused more on the themes and story structure rather than the art, the latter doesn't really feel derivative of Kishimoto's style.

Interesting, i would totally like it if i was 15

He basically just streamlined Naruto. For example, why bother covering ninjitsu as a combat form when everyone just has their own favorite jutsu anyway? None of them are really masters of all ninjitsu, they're mostly all just really good at one. He really just thought of what didn't work and how to fix it.
Meanwhile, Sup Forums is calling Eromanga Sensei the best anime of the season. Not sure what you're looking for user, what we have right now is pretty shit anyway.

Opm was refreshing satire of anime.

It was and it wasn't though, it's a little too long running to be a complete satire at this point. It's established its own universe and rules already, it may have started as a satire but basically it's just a story about a lazy mega-superman at this point.

Boku No has more interesting powers and characters in 3 chapters than most shounen have in their entire run.

the fact that he realized how much of a cancer sasuke is and took steps to avoid making his rival character be like sasuke, makes the whole thing automatically better

The eugenics thing is basically the rivals "Sharingan" but it's done in a way that's not retarded and obtuse.

best girl won, so I'm OK with it ending.

JoJo started out the same though. All men were super muscley, the antagonist had dog shit reasons. Eventually it evolved into something on its own.

Also OPM's world building and rules aren't even bad. Humans having a limiter, being able to transform into monsters under certain conditions, those are things you can work with. Then you also have a questionable hero system and an infuriating mob.

was there even any competition?

oh, you're actually serious

Truthfully as much as we all hate Sasuke, he is extremely memorable. I dunno if BnH currently has anything that can match him, part of Naruto's appeal was how much of a rollercoaster it was. BnH is quite even by comparison, like it lacks a bit of a punch which I guess makes sense since the setting is more casual.

>Truthfully as much as we all hate Sasuke, he is extremely memorable
>Truthfully as much as we all hate Hitler, he is extremely memorable
>Truthfully as much as well all hate rape, they're extremely memorable experiences

Sasuke was remembered for all the wrong reasons. He was a horrible concept for a character that literally derailed the plot of the entire fucking series.

Did you even read the manga? You wanna tell me it doesn't have this very impactful moment?

>part of Naruto's appeal was how much of a rollercoaster it was

Rollercoaster implies that it has ups and downs.
naruto was fully going downhill all the way to the end.

To be fair

Pain arc was metal. It all got retconned, but there was a point where they legit destroyed the village, killed off several characters in rapid succession, Hinata confession and her "death", Naruto going full demon mode right after using his other new super form.

It was hype because it felt darker and more fast paced than ever before and it really felt like the manga had direction and entertainment value for once. Until "Retcon no Jutsu"
turned out to literally be a thing. Fuck that ending.

>Retcon no Jutsu
>but still didn't bring neji back

Neji was killed because he wanted Hinata to get with Naruto. I guess everyone who worked with him on the all the Naruto stuff unanimously liked Hinata so he caved. He says it was planned the whole time, but then said Neji "had" to die for that to happen so he's full of shit.

considering that twintails was on all the covers I'm pretty sure they where intending to push her as the main-girl. But in the end they didn't go anywhere with her.

>twintails
I forgot she even existed

You don't read manga, you keep your hands off the keyboard.

Look m8 I'd like Yuru Yuri a lot more if I were a 13 year old girl

>Why is this shit praised so much?
The same reason anything is praised so much. Because it has fans that enjoy it and want to share it with others.

I have read both Naruto and BnH. I think that the former is more evocative even if the latter is more consistent in its quality. This is of course unfair to BnH because it's only at a fifth of Naruto's lenght right now. In my opinion BnH's quality is a bit exaggerated. It's a solid battle shounen that manages to be engaging and endearing despite being very derivative, but I feel like it's missing something crucial that was present in Naruto regardless of how bad that series was overall. To me, BnH lacks a chaotic element that can be periodically thrown in to upset the order of things as well as the readers. Then again it could be that Hori does have something like that but he's been saving it for later. Like I said, comparing a long ass series to a shorter one. I guess my point is that I want BnH to make me feel angry or betrayed or something along those lines, like what it needs is contrast.

Something like All Might burning out or even dying wasn't gonna do it because it was a natural, foregone conclusion that readers had time to come to terms with beforehand. The Tomura reveal could've been it, if All Might's backstory had been more fleshed out. As it was, it was more of a "oh and that's a thing too I guess".

BNHA is complete dogshit in both manga and anime. The entire premise is just so retardly stupid. In a world full of cool superpowers and people that have them, lets focus on the only person without a superpower who pretends to have a power but really doesnt.

Moefags need to fuck off.

You can't be serious if you think umaru is better than those shows. Umaru has to be one of the most shallow and vapid anime I've ever had the displeasure of watching. Every episode was almost the exact same thing.

This is one of the worst threads I've seen on Sup Forums in recent memory

>some fag posting StarCuck off of Sup Forums
>umarufag using "plotshit" unironically
>fags claiming Naruto is better than BnHA
>anons claiming SOL is actually about characterization and not Otaku pandering

Is it true that Star Vs is about NTR now?

One Punch Man is legit good and Sup Forums would love it if it wasn't a normalfag bait.
BNHA is alright so far but I personally think it's going to tank later on once Horikoshi runs out of new ideas and concepts.

It doesn't really have anything in common with Naruto people just made the connection because the mangaka said the manga was a influence on him for making it which is pretty much the same shit as DB having a influence on Naruto yet both stories don't really have a lot in common. What's worse is that the obvious motfits shared between the the two people seem to ignore in favor for shitposting.

>It's probably so popular in the west because even though its Naruto in disguise
If that was the case other "Naruto-ripoffs" would have done better.

Basically yeah

Does Star deserve this suffering?

Yes

>they actually make the main girl the most likable the the SoL and comedy elements are actually funny and entertaining and manages to maintain a serial plot that's interesting as well.