Is this the greatest Ghibli work?

Is this the greatest Ghibli work?

It's pretty good. But Ghibli stuff in general is pretty good.

So I don't like calling 1 movie THE BEST. But Porco is indeed a great movie.

only good thing they did was kiki

My favourite Ghibli film and favourite animated movie, granted I've only also seen Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and Castle of Cagliostro.

wrong. kiki is snooze tier

Only Yesterday is better

Objective god-tier Ghibli films:
Porco Rosso
Only Yesterday
Kaguya Hime
Totoro
Cagliostro
My Neighbors the Yamadas

Bonus god-tier:
Nausicaa manga

The rest are good, I guess. The only Ghibli film I've yet to see is Pom Poko.

Lots of srsbsns Westerners hate Pom Poko but it's god-tier, better than Yamadas or Kaguya-hime imo

good way of putting it

It's definitely the comfiest

Princess Mononoke will always be special to me. There's only a handful of films I could watch over and over again. And still feel that excitement like it's the first time watching it.

Still don't get how you folks decide which ghibli is "best." They're all so abstract.

Yup. My fav

I honestly don't really care for it.
I really liked Laputa though.

Best just means your favorite one. And the correct answer is yes.

Spirited Away is Ghiblis best.

Anyone who says anything different is just a elitist contrarian.

I'm gonna be a fucking hipster and say When Marnie Was There is my favorite

That is a perfectly acceptable opinion.

Cagliostro isn't Ghibli though

I liked Pom Poko but the whole thing felt kind of loosely held together. I think it would have worked better as an OVA or a short-form TV series (like 5 or 6 episodes) than a feature film.

Am I the only one who liked The Wind Rises?

Yes.

No one ever says Howl's Moving Castle, damn plebs.

Because it's garbage.

Ghibli is shit, and that movie was especially retarded

Howl's moving castle is trash

Elaborate

>Is this the greatest Ghibli work?

No, it is the 2nd next to Princess Mononoke.

The three best are:
-Princess Mononoke
-Porco Rosso
-Spirited Away

If we're allowed to count the Nausicaa Manga though, that was so fucking good I'd actually put it at 3rd and Spirited Away at 4th.

No love for On Your Mark or Only Yesterday? Absolutely loved the designs of the cultists and buildings in On Your Mark

what do you all think about When Marnie Was There? i just watched it and thought it was meh

It is my personal favorite, but it is hard to judge whether or not it is his overall best.

Could you actually eat Porko and not have it count as cannibalism or because of the spell it would be counted as cannibalism?

there is no best
there is only princess mononoke
and the rest that are not princess mononoke

spirited away gets special mention

It's Mimi wo Sumaseba.

Whisper of the heart, Porco Rosso and Grave of the fireflies are my favorite.

Greatest by Miyazaki, at least. It'd be tougher trying to form a ranking between different directors so I'd rather just pick equivalents.

>that look
would you, Sup Forums?

But the baker is so cool

despite how boring it was, I really liked Ocean Waves. The character design, setting, soundtrack and general summery feel of the movie really stuck with me

That would be Whisper of the Heart, I cried hard at that film, it's just so comfy.

The best Ghibli is The Cat Returns and fuck all of you for not agreeing

I think whisper of the heart is the best all round
porco is miyazaki's, I didn't used to like it but re-watching it a couple of times now that i'm a bit older and seeing it through a different lens really made me appreciate it a lot more.
I think the wind rises is id of underrated as well and miyazaki has never really made a dud.
I really liked Marnie though the twist plot reveal at the end is just kind of dumped on you.

What a rational post. Is this still Sup Forums?

I didn't cry but Whisper of the Heart has the most genuine and vivid characters to me.

Loved the protagonist but the male lead was always a bit of a drip to me

Would I make out with my qt blonde gaijin oba san?

I might.

The Wind Rises is the best, closesly followed by Porco Rosso and Grave.

Then you should also the Caste in the Sky!

Miyazaki is good but Kaguya and Only Yesterday are true masterpieces.

Honestly may be my favourite too. Only thing I don't like is the scene at the end with her and her mother. I feel like having her worries validated cheapens her having grown to overcome them a bit

Ocean Waves is the best. Miyazaki is a hack.

Daily reminder that Tigere in thr Mud will never be adapted.

It hurts.

Anyone got a good streaming link for this in HD with subs? Can't find a decent torrent for it

But the twist is foreshadowed at many points.

yeah I got that but then they still had the scene where everything is spelled out so there is no confusion, maybe that's how it is in the book originally but for film it's better to show, not tell.

I fucking love On Your Mark but I don't understand what the correct order of events is.

Why does Sup Forums rarely bring up Grave of the Fireflies? It has the best drama of any animated film by far.

Because Sup Forums always seems to swoop in and divert the conversation.

My heart can't handle it

That's because you're a frogposting, streaming retard who should go back to whichever hellhole you come from. Found a torrent with good seeds in one search.

I never found it dramatic, more tragic

who hurt you user

thats true.

Because the MC did everything wrong.

le chinese Disney man

The best is Kiki's delivery service.

The lack of acknowledgement of this fact in this thread just goes to show that Sup Forums is full of virginal children.

looks interesting. They can do Girls und Panzer but not this?!

his personal love of airplanes shines in this movie. But Laputa will always take first place in my heart, the first anime I ever saw. Hard to beat that sensawunda.

Cute girls sell better than pigs, but Iike both so I don't mind.

It's good but Nausicaa is better because it's literally the greatest movie ever made.

bold claim

Nausicaa's film isn't even the best version of itself though.

In my opinion, it's a perfect movie
the manga being better doesnt discount how good the movie version is tho

>the manga being better doesnt discount how good the movie version is tho
Yes it does. Because when you compare the two, it's obvious to tell the film is extremely incomplete. To be honest, they're two completely different stories, and the manga has a better/more interesting one.

MC is too much of a sue.

>they
Only Ghibli or Bones could pull a decent adaptation off. One's ded, the other is busy doing Boku and Kekkai.

Yes.

That's only because Nausicaa isn't a 2 cour TV show instead of a movie.

Porco Is my favorite, but I really sympathize with a self hating hero.

meh

too negative i didnt like it

What is this, people on Sup Forums with good taste?
That movie is indeed underrated as hell.

Why not both?