Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis

To the guy who said this had weak characters/story, you were right. It was a pretty decent fantasy anime we don't see a lot of, but it ultimately failed to move beyond mediocrity.

1. The biggest problem, hands down, was that the show really wasn't leading to anything interesting. It played out in an extremely predictable and almost empty way. The danger was the danger we thought it was all along. The bad guys were the bad guys we thought all along. There was no subversion, Chekhov's gun, or anything like that. I mean, seriously? The demons are evil and Bahamut really is the world's destructor? One bad guy wanted to rule the world and the other wanted to watch it burn? Neither of those are particularly interesting ideas.

1. The show never gave us much of a reason to like the protagonist. He some likable things, sure, but you never got the impression that he really cared about the people he's traveling with. And it's not like he went through an arc or character change. He was the same guy start to finish. And what he lacked in heroics he could have made up for by being a magnificent bastard. But he was in over his head most of the series and rarely pulled off a victory when it counted. Which leads me to the next point:

2. A trickster hero was wasted on this role. The entire point of tricksters is that they're supposed to solve problems by outsmarting people and being unpredictable. Favaro did that when it was unnecessary (cutting off Kaiser's hand to trick Martinet was overkill) and didn't do it when it would have been appropriate (he solved the world ending crisis by stabbing it with a sword? seriously?).

3. What was the theme of this even supposed to be? Changing fate? Finding your family? None of that really matches the story. If anything, it showed that fate couldn't be avoided.

not gonna read all of that gay shit
not even one letter

Season 2 is better.

Fuck off, cancer.

I felt that this took a nosedive after they found that green dragon or whatever that was
But I really liked it

I don't get why Fava even listened to some dumb dragon he just met.

nigga it was a fucking advertisement for a paytowin virtual card game, and for that it was brilliant
if you were talking about this season's travesty then you'd have a point

>ywn masturbate with explosive hand.

/blog
fuck off

>anything I don't like is a blog

I need the soundtrack used after El is born until the god lady shows up

Reminder that this fuccboi is going to be the MC in the 2nd cour.

didnt read lmao

>last episode not even out

>2nd cour
is it official?

>being this much of a pretentious faggot
>not enjoying it for being a fun, well produced, high fantasy show
>not enjoying Favaro for how charismatic he is

>muh subversion
>muh likeability

>he marries Jeanne
>he becomes the captain
Yes, please.

what if its good

>1, 1, 2, 3
We Fibonacci number counting now

It's 24 episodes anons.

>can't discuss anime on an anime site

>fap with explosive hand

jesus user, my sides

>1. The biggest problem, hands down, was that the show really wasn't leading to anything interesting. It played out in an extremely predictable and almost empty way. The danger was the danger we thought it was all along. The bad guys were the bad guys we thought all along. There was no subversion, Chekhov's gun, or anything like that. I mean, seriously? The demons are evil and Bahamut really is the world's destructor? One bad guy wanted to rule the world and the other wanted to watch it burn? Neither of those are particularly interesting ideas.
>wahh why is there no intricated plot?
What the fuck are you, a teenage girl? Or a housewife?
A story doesn't have to have an intricated plot to be good.

>And it's not like he went through an arc or character change. He was the same guy start to finish
He's an adult. Duh.
Not every character needs to have a coming of age.

Of course it's not a masterpiece.