Dragon Ball Super

With Frieza's second revival, can we agree that Resurrection of F was one of, if not the best DBZ movie?
Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=l-33SkD_tnw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aFl6ydm7O-w
youtube.com/watch?v=QzJcLxGwXhk
youtube.com/watch?v=4YAoSpVCGnA
youtube.com/watch?v=WXkdvo56wME
youtu.be/tcR_UE5OKyU?t=1
youtube.com/watch?v=UiqbAw_Amoo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that Son Goku is beautiful.

A happy goku is a cute goku

I liked battle of Gods better

If they actually let Vegeta kill Frieza without the massive copout it would have went down as the better move. Instead it only served to be another "we need goku to save the day" affair.

Were any DBZ movies good?

It was just a gay rehash of the Namek arc except everyone here got butthurt that Goku almost died to Superman's x-ray vision in gun form.

youtube.com/watch?v=aFl6ydm7O-w

>people thought kai would look like this

no it was just a cheap cash grab.

i rather they have cheap cash grabs with new characters.

Kind of disappointed that the battle royale ring ended up being just a large flat surface; was hoping for something more varied.

youtube.com/watch?v=QzJcLxGwXhk
youtube.com/watch?v=4YAoSpVCGnA
Still best END.

No Items
Universes 2,3,4,6,7,10,11 only
Final Destination.

The score in Resurrection F was on point: youtube.com/watch?v=WXkdvo56wME

I think keeping it simple is the absolute best thing they can do to make this work. As is, the sun and the rotating shadow is going to be cool.

It's amazing how many "DBZ fans" aren't actually Dragon Ball fans at all. You hate the original music, the original voices, and the original dialogue. You only like the bastardization of the series that Funimation released, and you hate their fix of it which is DBZ Kai.

You're not fans at all of this series.

Did Toei find an original master of the opening or something?

CTF would've been more interesting desu

>not reading the manga

Dragon Ball does not have music or voices

It's a fucking manga retard

I was a kid when I discovered DBZ. Cut me a break.

>English
No.

I have the sneaking suspicion that the arena will change over the course of this arc. something like teammates being separated due to the Stage suddenly splitting into multiple islands. Imagine something like Krillin ending up on one island with only Frieza with him to fight enemy teams for example.

>inb4 Goku and Jiren battle for the fate of the Multiverse as the stage falls into the Void due to their sheer raw power destroying even the extra strong Katchin and they have to leap from chunk to chunk of the stage as it falls apart.

Why were all the DB endings so Bulma focused? You'd think she was the main character if you went by those.

So was I, I dropped the English dub around the end of the Freeza saga's first airing on Toonami. Watched it in Spanish and Japanese raw on a channel that doesn't exist anymore. Also old school VHS fansubs.

Post your favorite fight

boogie back

I watched it on cartoon network/adult swim

I had to stream 30mb real media player files to watch the buu saga subbed over 56k that took almost an hour per episode.

There was no way I was going back to watch all of dragonball over that connection. I didnt watch dragonball until lit aired later

Yeah the original DBZ sucks and the Americans fixed it. Is there a problem with that?

The one where I get my cock and balls sucked by Beerus and Champa.

This

That fight was surprisingly awesome, especially after how lackluster most of the other fights in the manga Zamasu arc were. Just 2 chapters of them beating the shit out of each other

Rate your top 10 Saiyan forms, and explain why.

If this manga was about Bulma as a main character it would probably be way better desu.

While I never thought about what she contributes as a character all of the arcs that involve her are better for it. She provides the human element of being out of it being out of her league without being some diminished human rival that goku made irrelevant 4 arcs ago.

Stop trying to push your shitty grandma voice, it sucks, deal with it.

Broly vs Goku

FULLY MASTERED BEYOND GOD AUTISM 2

As much as I loved the Namek arc, I do wish they gave Bulma more to do. She's an anime genius, she could've developed tech to help the warriors fight and all that
GT actually did that

Where is Super Columbine 2?

nice opinion faggot. Nozawa plays a man better than you anyway.

Goku vs Piccolo Jr.
Early DB is the best by far

Lol, Americans are too dumb to fix anything.

Goku's grandma voice doesn't fit him one tiny bit whatsoever. Although I do agree that he is a better character in the original where's he's not the Japanese Superman.

Better than me maybe but not better than Sean kek

Shouldn't you burgers be in bed?

Yes, she does.

I read the manga when it was first being scanned but Goku's Jap voice was always shit to me and I say this as probably one of the few people who actually watched Dragon Ball before Z.

I was a total retard as a kid. I never thought about seeing if the show was on any other channel. Also never thought about watching shows online as a kid.

Reminder Shin mentioned the Grand Kaioshin in the manga

Probably the "directional system" of Kaioshin is just an old one and now each universe only have one pair of Kaioshin and Hakaishin, that's why we never saw or heard about more directional Kaioshin after pure Boo's flashback

did they fix gokus personality in kai?

Let's hope Toyo ends the arc with something better than muh friendship sword

>Goku's grandma voice doesn't fit him one tiny bit whatsoever.

Sort of. His personality is intact but he says some out of character things like using the word "exponentially" and not talking like a dumb hick. He's still more super heroish than he should be

but muh sayian pride

>Watched it in Spanish

Hello, Pedro.

No one gives a shit that you hate the English dub, every single Pedro hates the English dub.

DBZ fucking sucks, why don't they let the show die already? Oh yes, Goku now has blue/green/red/pink hair and is capable of making a stronger Kamehame-ha, great.

Why do you braindead fucks still give a shit about this series? I don't get it.

So, they know about Blue, Rose and Rage now.

What happens next?

RoF was shit

>stop liking what I don't like: Return of S

Fun things are fun.

series ends.

toriyama dies in that 3/11 tsunami.

>american night-time
>dbs generals aren't complete shit

>Pan finally gets Super Saiyan
>Super Saiyan Rage

She's almost 90 years old.

There is no way in hell you like a 90 year old woman screaming in your ear and any attempt to convince me otherwise will instead solidify your status as an unapologetic pedro-sama weeaboo.

Newer fans of DBS are cancer

Pan is gonna tingle like she never tingled before

Now that I think about it, you're right. Considering original and dub Goku are almost completely different characters, their respective voice actors fit his personality on the respective version perfectly.

As long as the key moments are better I suppose its fine.

Goku asking krillin to spare vegeta (for example) I hope was made more similar to the jap version where he just wanted a dude to fight with. I thought the speech in the english dub was cool and all, but it wasn't really accurate.

Using the movies to replace DB Super eps 3-14 (Battle of Gods) and eps 19-27 (Resurrection F) works super well. There's no major inconsistencies or repetition and the inbetween episodes lead into the films down to the opening scene. It is the superior way to experience Super for sure.

I'm asking for an explanation why this series is still liked. They are milking a dead cow, they don't even have any ideas anymore (they didn't have any ideas for a long time). It's surprising to me how anyone can like a series just because of new forms and bigger/stronger beams.

It's not only burgers. Spics also share the same time zone

Worship Lord Quitela and his amazing team!

>Bodies Syn Shenron easily
>Goku can't stop going WAKUWAKU
>Trunks is still fucking useless

Reposting myself:
What do you think?

>yellow electricity spark -> blue electricity mass
>yellow electricity spark -> pink electricity mass
or
>blue electricity spark -> blue electricity mass
>pink electricity spark -> pink electricity mass

I just think blue sparks becoming pink for Black when he goes SSGSS, but staying blue for Goku or Vegeta seems off, I'm too autist to allow such a thing

Also not finished no shades etc etc you already know I'm lazy

What's weird is DBZ Kai Buu saga kept the villains in hell watching SSJ3 Goku fight Kid Buu. I think they tweaked the dialog a little so that it would lead into Super more naturally though. (Interesting is that witnessing Buu seems to humble Cell, which would lead to him being pacified and reincarnated like souls in hell are supposed to be, whereas Freeza just gets more upset by the fight, which would lead to Yemma putting him in the Caccoon after his stay in HFIL fails to produce results. It's a neat little implication.)

She'll need some help.

Then you'll love it. They don't ruin any scenes anymore. Everything is more accurate. Look at Boo's death scene for example, and compare it to the Old dub

youtu.be/tcR_UE5OKyU?t=1

It's better now that Freeza is back again and that was one step on his overall character arc to set up this later storyline.

I'm sorry but the floating blue toothpaste and yellow aura don't mix.

For the longest Dragonball Z was my youth. It was the show that you could talk about with pretty much any other guy in school because you knew they were watching despite age or background. When it ended everyone always wanted more. In came GT and it was utter and complete shit. It was terrible and almost universally scorned. Super is far closer in spirit to a successor than GT could ever hope to be.

Even with all the rehashes and "homages" they have some really good moments an characters in this series and it's like a never ending nostalgia trip. Zamasu, Gowasu, Black, Beerus, Hit, Whis, Champa, Zeno, Grand Priest, on and on there characters who feel like Dragonball in their own right and have marked a stake in the franchise. If toei put some effort into animating the fights I would have no qualms even with some of the plot points.

I'm sorry but that wasn't the question

Yeah DBZ Kai has more true to the manga characterization, but you get the benefits of goku vegeta krillin and such being really used to playing these characters, so you get some nice subtle touches that elevates the performances. (Freeza is amazing, I like US Goku a million times better...)

It doesn't matter. It's shit, and the fact that you think it's OK proves how much of an autist you are.

She was the heroine, so she was still the other main character.

OK, user, you can stop now. I don't care about your taste and lack of artistic knowledge, you are even worse than me.

After the first arc her screentime was significantly reduced.

>I don't care about your taste
Clearly you do since you're asking for opinions revolving around your shit coloring style.

as this became more about fighting and less about the adventure of finding dragonballs and wishing for inane wishes like panties; she became less and less relevant.

Once Vegeta put an alien abomination of genetics in her uterus she faded to irrelevancy forever.

Ressurrection of F was one of the worst Dragonball movies.

The entire premise of the movie is that Freeza is back for revenge, not a bad one. He's going to become as powerful as Goku and Vegeta now. And he does so by training for six months.

Six months training makes him stronger than the Andriods, Cell, Fat Buu, Kid Buu, Super Buu with everyone Absorbed and Vegito. There are some asspulls in DB, but this goes too far. There are other more plausible ways for Freeza to get that power. Six months of training is not enough.

But let's say we accept that. Freeza attacks Earth. The defenders of Earth are Roshi, Tien, Krillin, Piccolo, and a depowered Gohan. Gohan was able to use Mystic against Beerus a couple months ago but now he's a complete shitter. The most powerful people on earth are 18, Fat Buu, and Gotenks. None of them show up to this fight. They're fine with Roshi and Tien protecting the earth from Freeza.

Okay let's buy this bullshit too. Freeza's next form is just a gold recolor? Okay. Goku and Vegeta can use god powers now without the ritual rendering that entire limitation worthless? Fine. It's just a blue hair color? K. God powered Goku can be taken out by a laser from some grunt. Whatever.

But the unforgivable thing about this movie is its ending. Vegeta is getting his revenge on Freeza. Then he blows up the world. And WHIS JUST REVERSES TIME. Nothing matters anymore. Whis can just reverse time if they lose. And Goku kills Freeza just cause.

Fucking horrid movie. How can anyone like it?

>lack of artistic knowledge,
Nigger, what?
>irony: the post

youtube.com/watch?v=UiqbAw_Amoo

They got it right actually. God damn.

10. Majin SS2 - Didn't care for the simplicity of SS2's changes, but the Majin aspect really compliments the rippling electricity of the form. MSS2 Vegeta was easily the best arc his character he had, so there's that.

9. Ultra SSJ - Not exactly a fan of the form, but the concept behind it. (trading speed for the strength and the caveats that brings with it)

8. Legendary SSJ - Never really cared for Broly but it did help to distinguish him and add some more flavor to the SSJ forms that were otherwise all the same at that point.

7. False Super Saiyan - Just some anime conjecture as to what a 'Super Saiyan' entailed, but interesting in its design and incorporation of the Kaioken form. I like its obscurity and the Slug movie was okay, so there's also that.

6. Super Oozaru - Possibly a bit much, but I liked the relevance it brought back to the Oozaru form.

5. Super Kaioken/SSB Kaioken - Not exactly full forms and I like them for the same concept of blending the newer transformation with an older technique, so I put them in the same slot.

4. Super Saiyan God - I like the new direction it brought to the franchise and its slim form in juxtaposition to the muscle growth made in most SS forms.

3. Super Saiyan - Iconic form that originally came with a great air of mystery and buildup. Though lost as powercreep took place, the personal suffering and anguish needed to bring on the form made it pretty interesting - Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks each unlocking it through their intense personal sufferings.

2. Oozaru - Underrated, original transformation that served as a good distinction between Humans and Saiyans. Elements like Saiyans hunting during a planet's moon, Goku realizing he killed his grandpa, and elite Saiyans creating artificial moons is easily some of the best lore in the whole series.

1. Super Saiyan 4 - Really looks like the "end" stage of Saiyan transformations, fusing previous qualities and looking unique yet very "Saiyan" while doing so.

>That smug
hnng

SS Black vs Vegeta was fucking great too

Reminder that Kale has a crush on Kakarot but is too shy to confess. Why else would she want Caulifla to introduce her to Goku?

>z warriors have telepathy and telekinesis
>this is an afterthought

>Resurrection of F was one of, if not the best DBZ movie?
Nope, Brolyfag till the end, and then Janemba and Bojack bring up the rear, fuck that shiny Frieza, blue icecream hair garbage.

Furfag detected.

Beerus > Wheelo > Janemba > Broly > Cooler > Turles > The rest

I asked about the logic of sparks changing colors, not your taste about auras.

That's why I said you are worse. Now stop.

No. Freeza's second revival just shows how lacking RoF was.