>no highschool/teen bullshit
>artful
>stunning visuals
>better looking animation than anything from last decade
>one year worth of production
>European XX century setting
>a bit of sci-fi with robot waifus
>Kyoani
On a scale from 0 to second coming, how hyped are you?

Other urls found in this thread:

mimidoshima.wordpress.com/2017/03/11/nier-automata-review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't forget
>cinematograpic
>a bit of adult content but nothing degenerative or insulting for women
>god tier writing
>more realistic than cartoonish style

First episode will be shown in anime expo at 7th july. Hope itll be leaked or at least screenshots and peoples impressions.

Novel is great. Art wise KyoAni seems to go all out, producing very detailed character art as well visuals. Ishidate is best KyoAni director so great fit for it.

The issue i worry about is that theyll try to tone down the novel. Most people looking at art and discriptions dont realizes how emotionally and content heavy it is at times - suffering, war, personal drama, shocking content. Author manages to create soul crushing narrative, balanced by Violets distance from those circumstances.

If first ark doesn 90% focus on the Playscribe past, getting married, achievements, birth of daugther, wifes illness and death, daugher slowly dieing in his eyes, him becoming a drug addict secluded wreck - then its sign that KyoAni chose to approach it wrongly. Because Violet presence in novel works mostly in contrast with arks characters issues.

Also her own story is far from happy too - being essentially a murder machine during war and assassin.

The story is really good, focusing on other characters - but at same time revealing stuff about Violet and worldbuilding: schowing circumstances of war that happened, different forces and people etc.

If they adapt just first novel in S1, then last ark will be culmination of that: actually showing Violets past as she was found and acted during war.

The biggest mystery of course is Violet herself - well never fully know what exactly she is: at least first two novels still dont reveal it fully as she mostly doesnt know her past herself.

She is often confused human, but with hundred percent certainity she is not and its one of key points - though she tries to become one emotionally.

>highschool/teen bullshit
>bullshit
you don't belong here

Kyoani cakes that aren't relegated to side character or mob status is the only thing that I need.

I have bad news to you

And Violet herself is not a cake. She might have "existed" for long, her her appearance is that of young female. She doesnt age.

God damn OP.

Since Violet has a lesbian love interest persuing her, the show is doomed to be at least as successfull as Hibike.

Teen shit is teen. Some people can praise shows like Chuu2 and KnK but Kyoani can do something better than stupid school drama, and anime about real adults more deserves to be called a pinnacle of anime.
She does because she is not a robos but regular human but also former supersoldier with mechanic arms and some superpowers.

Threadly reminder.

In this corner of the world is the japanese anime variation of oscar bait, so empty, like an american movie about slavery.

It's actually pretty heartfelt without becoming cheese melodrama desu.

Having watched them, Silent Voice is by far my favorite. Your Name was great, but it was essentially a simple summer flick.

In this corner of the world is tryhard that will only be outdone by tryhard in upcomming Yamakan "Twillight" movie.

Fuck off megax

>mature
>kyoani
Will there be any dicking? I'm not watching yuri pandering shit

Pretty sure they will pretend like rape scene from novel never happened.

Too bad. Violet saved that girl from rape isle thus gaining yuri "tea partner"

Depends. They need to portray Violets murderous side, and rape attempt is good justification for ruthless slaugther.

for something as autistic as this is written, anime expo is over by the 4th.
oh and for the record, im going but not seeing the screening
: ^ )

Dunno, Koe no Katachi had that creepy rape-like bully scene.

>light novel
>the award is the Kyoto Animation own award which even Free has won it
Not hyped at all for the story, the animation looks fantastic though

>mature characters
I have yet to see something that indicates this, unless that by mature you mean they are adults and no more.

>the award is the Kyoto Animation own award which even Free has won it
Wrong. No other novel won KyoAni main award aside from VEG. They just go year after year without giving the award to anything. Chu2, Free, KnK, Phantom World etc. never got it.

Not that anyone cares about your expert opinion and what you think, but you can actually read first 4 or so chapters translated atm.

That was a movie tho.
At most I can see the rape attempt/slaughter being fast cuts.

> implying Kono Sekai tryhard when Koe no Katachi have character suicide by stupid reason and midnight bridge
scene
Kek

Silent Voice is as realistic as it gets. Welcome to Japan, where even Empress daughter is bullied in school to a degree her security has to drug the classmates.

The only way to make movie more tryhard than Kono Sekai is to make anime about gay Roman soldier in love with Jesus

>more yurishit
I'm gonna give it a 0.

It's not yuri.

She just fucks Sibyl because doesnt understand human feelings thus cant respond to Gilberts love..

Thankfully Sibyl is not human, but a demi-god so not concerned with such things as feelings and love.

>Lux means light and Sybil means Sybilla
Really makes me think. Kyoani are surprisingly good at lingua latina. Sasuga best studio.

Wait what?
There's actual lesbian sex in this?

>kyoani
Sooo, melodrama and no real message?

Who is Sybil?

I don't think so. I think it's pretty much confirmed that the romance here is between Violet and the other military dude and I heard they also confessed their feelings in the last novel

mimidoshima.wordpress.com/2017/03/11/nier-automata-review/

Then what the fuck is that guy talking about?

Fake spoilers, the usual.

mfw, GodAny turn this in a yuri show!

>award winning novel adaptation
This is what I'm worried about. If you have to mention "award winning", it's shit. Awards are shit, especially in anime/manga. If they think they matter at all, they have no idea what they're talking about.

I trust the Sup Forums AOTS threads any day over some shitty award.

How can it be yurishit if there are males in it?

Will Kyo "death to straight people" Ani ever make a show without yurishit?

Just user pulling things out of his ass. Nothing new.

>citation needed
Nothing in the spoilers say that she's Violet's love interest.

What is Phantom World?

There were like 3 or 4 yuri kisses in that
Also Reina was pretty gay

I think its impossible after all

Practically all of their shows.

Keep telling yourself that.

Keep getting blown the fuck out, /u/.

>European XX century setting
So it looks european but everyone has japanese mannerisms?

Yes, even with honorifics and people eating rice balls with miso soup.

Last two of their shows were about /lgbt/ pandering user
They only do gay shit

Im surprised nobody has posted THAT.

>fake
newfags don't even know kastel

sad

Maidragon is the only gay show they've ever done

pretty hyped

feel free to post the proof

Why don't you post the proof then? None of the spoilers so far state such a thing. You can't even answer user's question when he asked if it was real.

when the fuck is this coming out. I thought it was coming out at the beginning of this year. I guess it doesn't matter anyways since nyaa is dead.

But it's not?

winter 2018

>>a bit of adult content but nothing degenerative or insulting for women
back to tumblr landwhale

It's just gonna be dumb sappy melodrama and nothing interesting will happen between episode 2 and the finale. Stop shilling stuff for no reason other than to bait.

Everything seems great
But knowing Kyoani, they'll find a way to fuck up with yuri pandering.

What's the reason for the novels having only 5 and 6 reviews on Amazon respectively?

By the same studio that is adapting the LN, please user try harder

While I agree it's a lame thing to praise about it, there must be some merit to it since it was the first grand prize KyoAni gave after for years of simply not giving out a grand prize despite having submissions and honorable mentions. They must have had at least respectable standards.

it's actually on sunday

Free was an award winning novel, kyoani awards doesn't mean anything. I bet that even SAO is a better LN than Violet Evergarden

KyoAni staff tend to have good taste at least.

First of all, Free! is anime original. High Speed, the light novel the anime was based on, didn't win a grand prize, it won a honorable mention in a contest with no grand prize winner.

>GUYS WATCH ME IM SO FUCKING EDGY
back to pol

>nothing degenerative
Should follow your own advice, landwhale

I'm hyped like a motherfucker even with that naysayer blog source material reader saying it's shit and will be boring.

Everyone views can change in animation format.

It's still a mickey mouse award

A complaint I've heard about the book is that it's quite superfluous in it's descriptions and writing, but good thing animation automatically deals away with that.

But the point he is making, I think, is that all the kyoani "originals" have been based on novels that have only gotten a consolidation prize (except for Tamako market which is completely original).

Sure, none of the originals have been spectacular, but if their placing in the contest is used as an indicator, then at least violet evergarden should be the best one thus far.

Well you guys can ignore anyone posting about yuri. Pretty sure it's the same guy who insisted Phantom World was yuri before the show turned out to be a typical harem.

VEG isn't strictly a romance LN although about of the stories are themed around the concept of love, whether it's family love or romantic love.

For anyone who doesn't know, the LN is about a mostly emotionless letterwriter who travels around notEurope helping people pass their messages. She's also an ex soldier that fought in notWW1 which is how she loses her arms. You get to watch both of these happen and the war part is pretty gruesome desu. And during that time her commanding officer is a guy named Gilbert who is also her adoptive father who raised her since she was like 9 years old. The LN follows a weird ending beginning middle format so when it starts post war then pre war then war then post war again leading back to the start.

Now for the part that hasn't really made clear is the relationship between Violet and Gilbert. First off, Violet doesnt consider Gilbert her dad since her parents are dead. Gilbert eventually does admit he loves Violet as a woman but this scene only after she's fully grown and after the war is over and at the end of volume 2. Before that he only saw her as a daughter, which is the ending to volume 1. Violet loves him too but she doesn't understand the concept of love which is why she travels around Europe doing the letter thing. Kind of like a pseudo Pimocchio story in retrospect. There's no true romantic conclusion to this since the novel "ends" with Violet still traveling.

There's a story about an astrologer that falls in love with Violet which is one of my favorites. It's one of those classic boy meets robot girl stories. Like the one in Big O.

>There's a story about an astrologer that falls in love with Violet which is one of my favorites
Which ED do you think will be best fit for that episode?

Yeah, "won Kyoani's novel competition" should be setting off some alarm bells. Remember fucking Kyoukai was a runner-up.

Don't know if kyoanus is worthy of being taken seriously yet.

"runner up" just means

>we'll take your IP and make money out of it even if it isn't that good

Yes, this is my point. Plus the fact that those other adaptions are honorable mentions _in_contests_without_grand_prize_winners_. That's how big the difference must be between them..

So it is an open ending and she basically does the love letter thing to learn about love? I'm fine with this. At least we got a confirmation that the spoilers about them liking each other is real.

This will flop badly

Doubtful, they always end up making a profit.

Inb4 anime original yuri pandering character
We all know it will happen, this is gayanus we are talking about

There better be a beach episode or I swear to fuck!

She was doing the letter thing before they reunited since that was her job postwar but that's essentially the idea. Violet will travel until she finally finds the meaning of love and then they'll be together for real. Gilbert also feels extremely guilty about putting the woman he loves into thread in the first place. I mean they got pretty fucked by the time they won. Thats why he wants her to experience the world for herself first since he deprived her of a childhood.

ED?

(You)

Episode director

Maybe Fujita. His work on Festive Triangle fits it perfectly. Stars and mountains together

Which Kyoani series had something insulting for women.

Fujita is a woman

>>a bit of adult content but nothing degenerative or insulting for women

Oh go fuck yourself.

Yamada is their best director but this doesn't seem to be her style.

I wonder if she could pull it off if it had no action.

Who keeps bumping this 95 posts in 18 hour thread? It's obvious that everybody is not interested in discussing this.

u need to go back

Flopet Memegarden