Goblin Slayer

I thought this was supposed to become shit after the first few chapters? I genuinely like this.

Stop liking things.

It's GS's obsession to kill goblins that makes it so good.

Nobody has figured out how helmets work, so it's still shit.

Let me tell you, in LN (up to vol. 2) he eat ice cream, drink booze, rations, much everything without taking down his helmet. Even author said in narration nobody know how it works.

>helmets
It's generic fantasy. They don't understand armor or weapons in general.

With whining and pathetic dick measuring contests in medieval reenactment societies nowadays, nobody now in the west does either.

>It's generic fantasy
The whole point of this manga is that it's not generic jpg isekai fantasy, but "real", "gritty" dark fantasy where you should take your armor seriously. But nobody realized that and still let the enemy attack their heads.

>Trying to hide this under a helmet
Fags.

Sorry, I should have said "generic edgy fantasy".
It's not real or trying to be real, and the adventuring guild is proof of that. It follows (c)RPG rules and a little bit of gore can't change that.

The adventuring guild is just another discrepancy between this works realistic approaches and rpg tropes.

>it's not that the world is silly
>it's just that everybody is being extremely silly

>Goblin Slayer is the goblin

Turned into generic fantasy harem hero party with quirky MC. Should have focused more on goblin slaying, not on useless shit like plot retarded farmgirls, guilds, and elven whores. Oh, and ice cream. Honestly expected something like the opening of berserk, but with goblins and ptsd'd sidekick. Somewhat disappointed with how it turned out because there definitely was potential.

You should be wary whenever there are literal adventurers in a story. That's a sure sign the story has little connection to reality.

Correct.

Post the "ohh, goblin slayer!" Comic, but the "i hunt gobs of nothing" version.

His helmet is now a part of his head. Nourishment is absorbed through the visor's skin.

reminder that GS is isekai and the slayer is from japan

>Going like berserk
You mean eith the hero always suffering? reatarded and useless main girl? Loads of hiatus cuz the mangaka goes to play idolmaster?

No he is not, he is a normal farm boy that wanted to be an adventurer, then gobs attacked and raped his sister to death and now he lives for revenge.

>letting that face be ruined by scars
wew lad.

You can clearly see that she wants to get bonked on the head and wake up drenched in goblin semen.

Giving him a generic revenge backstory kind of took away from the story for me, it would be so much better if he was just some guy who wants to remove goblin from premises and we weren't told any reasons why.

Vanity whore

You know, I really wish there was a manga entirely about the economics of fantasy warfare.

What? That would have suck ass.

That would be interesting, but it would probably require somebody with an actual degree to do it.

Revenge isn't really the right word to use for Goblin Slayer's motivation. It's true enough that watching his family get raped to death set him off, but it's not to make recompense for that one sin that drives him. Goblin Slayer is insane, literally insane. He is consumed by an almost mechnical, robotic obsession - Goblin Slayer Slays Goblins.

man so much nervous on that game when you arrive at lvl 5 missions

That's really not a problem.

Nigger it's like 10 chapters in. PTSD at this point will be forced as fuck.

>now he lives for revenge
Not 100% accurate. When he talks with his master we know more of his motives and thoughts.

Care to explain?

Fear to fear

I don't get it.

Twenty years ago, that would have been called shit writing, having a random psycho with no external motivation ruthlessly and relentlessly hunting goblins.

But these days, that sounds almost innovative with how every character is supposed to have a dark and tragic past.

I'm pretty sure most of us can't even think of half the stuff that you'd have to keep in mind in order to plan a military campaign.
Who do you recruit? What will that do to your local economy? Can the fields still be taken care of given how many people you remove from them? Where do you collect your troops? Do these places have enough food to last for long enough until all soldiers are gathered? We'll assume they'll have to bring their own weaponry and armor, so we can ignore that part. But moving on, how do you organize the moving of the army? How much does feeding them cost per day? What villages and towns lie on the way to the enemy and how much food can they spare to feed your troops? What will that cost? How much food can you organize yourself for them to take along? What will that cost? How long will each convoy be? The length significantly limits the amount of distance you can make in a day and thus raises the amount of needed food. (a Roman legion convoy was famously so long that by the time the first soldiers reached the new resting place for the night the last soldiers hadn't even left the old campsite yet) Do you need to divide your army into different groups so they don't starve? What route should each part take and where will they converge? How can you convince your neighbors to allow you to move your troops through their lands? What promises do you need to make to the money lenders so they finance your campaign?
Next make a calculation of the expected spoils.

They didn't have modern economics degrees back then.

I think it'd be funny for a series to focus on the nightmare of logistics, I'm not sure how it'd take off but it'd be something to make a serious note of it.

I don't see what's wrong with his backstory. It's simple and generic sure, but it's all he really needs to work.

It's not even that rare of an event as the story has stablished, the difference is that instead of rebuilding his life, or at least vowing to defeat the demonlord/god/whatever to protect all mankind, GS went completely autistic over the little shits and made it his mission in life to become the best man at pest control.

I think it would have been cool if he was an insane goblin.

New DLC came out not so long ago. Got this guy visiting my 3rd run and critting the everloving fuck out of my backline

>GS finds some female goblins in a nest
>"well, i guess the right thing to do would be rape them and bolster my numbers"

>MC wears a full face helmet.

will check it out.

Guilds exist in real life, we just call them Unions now.

it's berserker amor obviously

Kek

Is there somewhere I can read the LN without having to pay for it or is it like Overlord where you couldnt share the link for fear of FBI-kun?

I doubt FBI-san really cares about you reading some elevens fantasy story.

With his newly born Goblin Slayer Goblin army he out-breeds male goblins out of existence.

post your face when he reveals: his helmet is empty

Reading rape story is part of the feds jurisdiction so don't do it.

He's a dullahan?

This is a terrible manga though
Everything in it is super generic
If you want a good fantasy manga read Dungeon Meshi

she would be practically unrapeable in the GS universe

I like generic things though. But thanks for the rec, user.

Fuck, this image so wrong on many levels that I can't stop laughing.

Dungeon meshi is great but its apples and oranges, Goblin slayer is a completely different kind of story with a totally different tone, the only thing they have in common is a western fantasy setting.

Everything is generic and everything has already been tried

>oranges and apples
> the only thing they have in common is a western fantasy setting
>only the setting
Dungeon Meshi is literally a handbook on how to write a good fantasy manga, while goblin slayer is a handbook on what to avoid if you want to write a good fantasy manga

t. Goblin

yeah, I torrented the crimson court and the new curse is pretty bothersome if you get too many infected

also, tfw yesterday i went up against a collector and my leperbro did 53 crit on him first turn

Some are more generic than others
Even generic things can bring new stuff to the table, which this manga fails aswell
Hell, the side characters are famous characters from other series/videogames
what the fuck was he thinking

On one hand, I know the importance of helmets. Saved my head from way too many hard knocks while bouncing around in an APC.

On the other hand, the -INT -WIS debuff takes effect in real life too.

>Even generic things can bring new stuff to the table, which this manga fails aswell

Removing Goblin kebab

>Good
Like that user said, apples and oranges.

Being obsessed with a subject/object/creature/person is hardly something new even for this manga setting

>using helmets to boost protection when you could equip boots to boost evasion

never gonna make it

If you really think Goblin slayer is complete trash I recommend you read something thats actually irredeemable garbage like Re:Monster.

then you will have good barometer of what an actual terrible fantasy manga is.

>not doing both
Get on my level scrub.

By no means I think it's trash
I read and try to enjoy it

So when does this become a harem?

One is about a dungeon where death is cheap as fuck and food, the other is about an insane batman in a revenge genocide quest. The two are two different, comparing them is like comparing smt to persona: completely retarded.

Meshi was good until the nigger showed up and ruined everything.

Why would it matter?

GOBLINS LIVE MATTERS

Because if it becomes a harem then I'm not going to like it.

Why would you hate it?

>implying Goblin Slayer is capable of love.

The only emotion he has left is disdain, for goblins.

Preach it.

Because there would be less goblin slaying of course, you can't have the same amount of goblin slaying if there's a harem.

I don't have any problems with a party, because most of the time it doesn't affect the quantity of goblin slaying, but a harem always does.

Esentially what said. I love dungeon meshi, but I can still enjoy generic stories.

I afraid Sup Forums has corrupted that term until it just means "isekai harem". GS's "harem" is more a psychological help group as the girls are more interested in healing his broken mind than fighting over his D. In fact, last volume ended with GG and CG literally sending Priestess (the only one that actually can fix him) to GS's side for his new year vigilance.

I wonder why the Slayer never bothered to make an organization in wiping out goblins? Would love to see him and his cohorts put the gobbos in gas chambers and ovens.

I really wish this turns out to be a mushishi type story where he goes around the world and slays goblins

Harem would just means that GS really needs to step up his Goblin Slaying game to prevent his girls to be raped by the goblins. I mean have you ever played Sengoku Rance and have your female commanders get NTR by the enemy chad commanders? Not fun.

ONLY GOOD GOBLIN IS A DEAD GOBLIN

But...

I...

You're making me reconsider user, impressive.

All his social skills were destroyed the day gobs attacked, only recently he is starting to change thanks to his party help.

So Goblin Slayer is serbian right?

That can happen in Rance? Never had it happen to me, but then again, I'm cheating my way to victory.

you got that wrong.

Everyone is playing Warcraft, while gob slayer is playing DnD 2nd edition.

You think head protection is motherfucking joke?

>every fantasy manga
>female and male knights are mostly armored but no helm
>stravaganza
>female mc has a helm but no armor

Everybody but Goblin Slayer thinks that.

That explains it. Genghis Khan did learn how to talk to people before he went around wiping out races and taking shit.