You guys told me this was good. It was one of the most childish cliche things I ever seen

You guys told me this was good. It was one of the most childish cliche things I ever seen.

Except for the antibodies, those were fucking cool

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RHP_9heGEKo
youtube.com/watch?v=Tg7EQpMMUq0
youtube.com/watch?v=HijMAax4N-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Yw3a0SoA-nc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The sequel series Eureka Seven Ao is much better user

We said it was BONES

such is the way of BONES

Eureka seven is weird to me.
On one hand I love the setting, soundtrack, and some of the supporting cast are fascinating.

On the other hand the weakest part imo, which is renton and eureka has the focus 90% of the time.

>On the other hand the weakest part imo, which is renton and eureka has the focus 90% of the time.

Renton and Eurkea aren't weak (if you want to really bitch on something, go with the adopted kids... no one ever said a single nice thing about them for a reason).
However, they are very much a sugary-childish romance couple. You either like this sort of thing (Escaflowne comes to mind with Hitomi and her romance fantasies shaping the world around her), or you don't.
As long as you accept it for what it is, it's pretty good.

I thought so too, watch the movie it was better
THIS

Don't be baited op the movie and sequel series are even more hamfisted and awful

I loved Eureka Seven but the internet didn't like the sequel as much.

If you want a sci fi with an actual believable romance then watch Planetes

Not baiting, is the movie and sequel series actually good or actually bad?

I enjoyed the original show

they're absolute dogshit

Pacific state, though. That vibe ran through the entire series.

I loved E7 for exactly that reason. It was a cutesy sweet romance with a side of action and adventure.

I don't know about cliche or not, but yeah....surfing robots has to be the most absolute 8 year old boy thing possible. And Renton is so lame too and not convincing as a male romantic lead.

that's kinda what bones does, if you watch bounen no xamdou or whatever they pretty pull the same shit. The only thing bones does well is the way they color their scenes.

anyone else notice how similar Eureka Seven is to Alpha Centauri?

Actually good, most people that hate it are intense whiners.

It really is terrible. It's a story about the worst form of love, a childs, with the audacity to vandalize the moon over something so utterly meaningless.

the movie was even more shallow

t. never fell in love

The movie makes Eureka a robot instead so it's even less believable

Except for MC becoming a huge asshole at the end for no reason yeah it was nice

>if you watch bounen no xamdou or whatever they pretty pull the same shit
I suggest you rewatch one of the two if you think E7 was anywhere near comparable to the disaster that was Xam'd, where the characters all split up around episode 15 to do a half-dozen random individual subplots in different parts of the world and then reunited just in time for no one to understand the last few episodes at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=RHP_9heGEKo

RENTOOOOOOOOON
EUREEEEEEEEKAAA

cartoons are for kids.. so either deal with it or stop watching it, fag

Only a person who has actually been in love can recognize how terrible the "love" represented in E7 was.

If it was a love story about 25 yr olds who were on their 2nd or 3rd love and put more a of a focus on showing us emotionally deep characters then maybe the love depicted would be as meaningful as the story wished it was.

I mean look at that fucking movie. One of the "partners" in this love story becomes a brain dead retard. Love is nothing without the mind, the person, the experience and emotional intelligence they bring to it. Not a single person in charge of that series knew fuck all about love. beyond an elementary school playground crush.

>Love is nothing without the mind, the person, the experience and emotional intelligence they bring to it.
Nah garbage. There is such a thing as unconditional love, and many types of love will easily outlast [brain] death. You can love people who you otherwise dislike, you can love someone you haven't talked to in years, you can love someone who is dead or is braindead you can love someone who is very hurtful and abusive towards you. Happens all the time.

Sounds like you are the one who has about a jr high level understanding of love. I don't even like Eureka Seven you are just full of garbage.

> If it was a love story about 25 yr olds who were on their 2nd or 3rd love
So you basically wanted it to be about Holland and Talho, or what? Regardless, I don't see why the fuck you need adults on their Xth love for it to be meaningful, that feels like some really arbitrary requirement.
>I mean look at that fucking movie.
I don't think anyone who likes E7 likes the movie, user.

What you're describing isn't love, it's just sad and empty. If you love a brain dead body as much as the actual person that use to occupy it you never loved them in the first place.

Nobody, and I mean nobody ever in the history of love fully understood it's depths and potential the first time around. It can even be the same people after a long separation coming together again. That would have actually been a meaningful follow up to E7, they get back together again as adults after years of self discovery and evolution.

>surfing robots has to be the most absolute 8 year old boy thing possible
As opposed to rollerblading robots, basketball-playing robots, orgasm robots (maybe 13-year-old, not 8), robots that disguise themeslves as big rig trucks, 26-robots-combined-into-one, robots in sunglasses throwing galaxies as weapons, lion/dinosaur robots, etc., etc.? This "complaint" could apply to half the mecha genre.

>Nobody, and I mean nobody ever in the history of love fully understood it's depths and potential the first time around.
It's fiction, user.

Nobody likes the sequel series because it basically gave Renton and Eureka bad end

>What you're describing isn't love, it's just sad and empty.
No it very much is love. Nice try though.

>If you love a brain dead body as much as the actual person that use to occupy it you never loved them in the first place.
Nope. You loved them just as much, knowing that all humans die. That's how unconditional love works. People will often agonize over their "brain dead" children or spouses in particular, unable to go through a full grieving process as long as a chance remains their loved ones are coming back. But according to you they don't REALLY love them. You are just incredibly stupid and have zero idea how love works.

And yes, love is often very sad. You'd know that if you ever loved anyone. Love isn't about "wow I like their personality soooo much". Personalities change drastically over a lifetime. People will die. People will get sick. People will be obnoxious and hurtful, but no less lovable.

Half the mecha genre is super childish and for literal children and manbabies, yes. SURFING robots is definitely worse than rollerblading or "disguised as a big truck" or a lion robot though.

I love the kids. They're the most believable kids I've seen in anime and actually behave like real children. I think they made the characters really believable and flawed people through and through.

Also... I-I'm not crying, I've just got something in my eye...
Pic related.

They deserved better.

This.
The cast was great and it will forever have my favorite OST in an anime. The movie and sequel were awful but I will continue to be a sucker for any E7 content because it's my favorite series hands down.

I heard they're making a new movie trilogy?

Why is Eureka so ugly?

The series had it problems but this scene is probably my favorite scene from any anime, not entirely sure why, there's just something about them falling through the sky together as a big mech battle goes on around them that I love
youtube.com/watch?v=Tg7EQpMMUq0

What the fuck did you expect from series that are loved simply because aired on the Murrican television?

I'm sorry what?

Nobody likes the sequel because it was bullshit. Renton and Eureka basically said Dewey was right and set out to undo everything they and Gekkostate worked for.

Why is Eureka so ugly?

How fucking dare you.

"I'm a gigantic faggot."
-You

She's so pasty looking. Easily the worst Bones girl.

they are and it's a fucking retelling but as I said, I eat it all up because I love the series like the piece of gullible shit I am

The kids were believable and important, but they still annoyed me, particularly the Chinese-looking one with his gun bullshit near the end.

>Half the mecha genre is super childish and for literal children and manbabies, yes.
I mean, I guess that's your opinion, but it seems stupid to me to just reject a vast swathe of things because of silly-seeming concepts and "but muh manchildren." The surfing robots in particular fit into a coherent motif / thematic structure (with the whole hippy thing they had going) and made for really nice dynamic action.

> SURFING robots is definitely worse than rollerblading or "disguised as a big truck" or a lion robot though
I think animal robots are at least as childish, honestly.

Probably one of the best closing credits ever.

>It's a story about the worst form of love, a childs
It's actually a story about many, many forms of love including those between adults, the love one has for nations, love of the planet, and love of pride.

Dominic/Anemone = Holland/Talho > Charles/Ray > Renton/Eureka

youtube.com/watch?v=HijMAax4N-Q

Watch this and tell me you didn't get hyped.

DAT MUSIC.

FURIKAERU TO ITSUMO

Is it wrong that when I first watched the AO finale, DEWEY WAS RIGHT never came to mind to me at all?

I mean, when it turned out the Secrets were Scub Coral who time-traveled backwards to avoid making Earth reach the Limit of Questions in their time, my first thought wasn't that they were doing anything malicious, just that it was an interesting development and that it was a creative explanation behind how the Scub Coral formed on Earth to begin with. None of this HURR DURR THE CORALIANS WERE EVIL ALL ALONG DEWEY WAS RIGHT bullshit which I didn't even realize was an option until I saw you guys talking about.

I admit now, AO squandered a lot of potential and that it was the Eureka sequel nobody wanted, but I didn't see much of a problem with it when I watched it, and my response to the DEWEY WAS RIGHT moment is proof of that.

Forgot link
youtube.com/watch?v=Yw3a0SoA-nc

I still haven't watched AO as I'm too afraid it'll ruin my love for the original. Is it worth watching at all?

Not at all

No. I believe the new movie trilogy will completely retcon it out of existence

Thank you. I remember reading something about their being movies on the way. How much is known about them? Are they planning on continuing the story or are we getting a rehash of the series in a movie format?

General rule of thumb - if a sequel was made in 2012, ignore it. There was some witchcraft going on that year, everyone decided to dig up their mid-00s series and give them sequels no one asked for.

From the blurb I've seen, we are getting a retelling with new/altered scenes and some kind of sequel. I'm really hoping it's just a sort of mundane story about how Holland and Jurgens have to sort out the mess left behind by Dewey.

I remember reading that the first 2 movies are a prequel/retelling and the 3rd movie is a sequel but I'm not sure where I read that

> just a sort of mundane story about how Holland and Jurgens have to sort out the mess left behind by Dewey.
I'd watch an SoL about Jurgens and his adopted child-soldiers.

Watched the show maybe 5-6 years ago, when i was maybe 14-15 and holy shit it looks like it really is just garbage except the animation
>Renton i'm so useless without you
>yeah that was pretty dumb
So Eureka is admitting to being a useless piece of shit and he's not like, comforting her or anything?the happy music makes me thing this was not intentional(as in to show how retarded these 2 are)
>power of love and rainbows
>MC's mech is so op he manages to disarm several army robots without even trying
Also, are all the robots aliens or some shit? I don't remeber anything about the show and maybe it would've been better not to

Pic related is unironically my favorite anime scene to date.

Ballet Mechanique is a fucking incredible episode. Morning Glory and Pacific State are top-tier, too, but BM is on a different level.

Please do not post 3DPD on Sup Forums.

The latter part of the series has a bunch of great scenes